PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks we can catch the Suns??? Or our we comfortable with 3?

SpursStillTippin
03-26-2007, 12:24 AM
Alright i know it has a small chance of happening but can we catch the suns for the #2 seed?

Spurs have 13 games left in which they face only 3 playoff teams and of those 3 games 2 are at home

Suns on the other hand have 13 games left in which they face 8 playoff teams (1 vs Spurs @ San Antonio)

Now we are 3 1/2 games behind them and i think we have a decent shot at closing the gap, tell me what you think.............

p.s. thank you kings especially Bibby

mardigan
03-26-2007, 12:26 AM
No, I dont think so

ponky
03-26-2007, 12:28 AM
a lot of times it's a crappier team that sneaks in a win, not a playoff team

SANANTOJAMES
03-26-2007, 12:44 AM
i say try to catch the suns never give up

exstatic
03-26-2007, 12:48 AM
Suns are playing crappy right now, and have a tougher schedule with fewer home games left. SA could catch them. Only time will tell.

Fabbs
03-26-2007, 12:51 AM
Reminder about last years #1 seed and how much good it did.
2,3 who cares.

Trainwreck2100
03-26-2007, 12:57 AM
If they didnt drop those two to the East's celler dwellers, maybe

SpursDynasty
03-26-2007, 01:04 AM
Phoenix has Dallas coming up. If they lose to Dallas, and SA wins their game vs Phoenix, while winning against all these beatable teams, it's possible that SA can tie Phoenix for the 2nd best record, and have a 2-1 series lead as the tiebreaker.

But then again, who cares about what I say. I'm just going to keep watching the Spurs do their thing. Besides, if SA is 16 of 18 since the rough 10-10 stretch, and 16-2 since then is considered "struggling and on the decline", we've really got nothing to worry about when the Spurs are ready in less than a month for the playoffs. :lol

On another note, I'm glad Houston lost today. Something would be seriously wrong with the West if Houston opens the playoffs with homecourt advantage.

spurs1990
03-26-2007, 01:07 AM
Reminder about last years #1 seed and how much good it did.
2,3 who cares.

Only because the NBA had that fucked up seeding where Dallas couldn't do better than a 4th seed.

In other words, last year we would have played the Memphis fucking Grizzlies in the 2nd round and then play the winner of Dal-Phx.

I'll take the 2nd seed because a extra game at home will come in handy against Phx.

TDMVPDPOY
03-26-2007, 01:22 AM
wat matters most is getting an easy team in the first round as warmup

VaSpursFan
03-26-2007, 08:32 AM
doesn't really matter to me...as long as the spurs continue to play at a high level, we'll be fine.

tmtcsc
03-26-2007, 09:06 AM
I think we can catch them. It'll be close.

Bruno
03-26-2007, 09:39 AM
I'm not even sure that catching Suns should be one of Spurs goal for the end of the season.

The 2nd seed will play against Denver while the 3rd seed will play against Lakers, none is easier to me. The HCA in the second round if Suns win their first round serie is a marginal edge too.

Maybe the best thing for Spurs will be to have a quiet end of the regular season instead of a race with Suns. Resting starters during the last week of the regular season could be more important than the 2nd seed.

A quiet end of the regular season at the 3rd seed has too some minor advantages : Spurs can test situational playoffs players like Ely, they can test their prospects (Butler, White) to have a better idea about what to do with them this summer, Spurs can lose some games on purpose like the game against Warriors on April 7st to give Mavs a harder first round serie and Spurs will get a slighty better pick in the 07 draft.

boutons_
03-26-2007, 09:44 AM
"situational playoffs players like Ely"

He probably won't suit up for the playoffs.

Bruno
03-26-2007, 09:48 AM
"situational playoffs players like Ely"

He probably won't suit up for the playoffs.

Playoff roster is 13 players with 12 active players per game. I can see him being the 13th player and being activated for the final to have an extra big body/6 fouls against Shaq.

monosylab1k
03-26-2007, 09:59 AM
best case scenario for Texas teams is if the Spurs can catch the 2 seed, the Suns fall to 3, and the Lakers stay at 6.....because the Lakers will beat the Suns in round 1 of that happens. Book it.

SKINNYPIMP210
03-26-2007, 10:31 AM
best case scenario for Texas teams is if the Spurs can catch the 2 seed, the Suns fall to 3, and the Lakers stay at 6.....because the Lakers will beat the Suns in round 1 of that happens. Book it.

THE LAKE SHOW BEATING THE SUNS???

YEAH I CAN SEE THAT TOO, BUT ONLY IF KOBE GOES OFF THE ENTIRE SERIES FOR LIKE 40 OR 50!

cheguevara
03-26-2007, 10:38 AM
beating Suns w/HCA AND Mavs w/out HCA = very hard
beating both Suns AND Mavs without HCA = very,very,very hard

mabber
03-26-2007, 10:49 AM
THE LAKE SHOW BEATING THE SUNS???

YEAH I CAN SEE THAT TOO, BUT ONLY IF KOBE GOES OFF THE ENTIRE SERIES FOR LIKE 40 OR 50!

It could happen but I certainly wouldn't bet on it. Odom would have to be huge in that series for the Lakers to have a chance.

Funny line from Mark Jackson (ABC) during Suns/Kings game yesterday. "uncontested shots is the current trend of the Sun's defense" :lol

wildbill2u
03-26-2007, 11:33 AM
The thing you want to watch about Kobe's heroics in the last few games is that with all his scoring prowess the Lakers were beating teams like the Grizzlies, Timberwolves and Portland by 2-5 points.

And those teams were scoring over 100 points against the Lakers.

Fabbs
03-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Only because the NBA had that fucked up seeding where Dallas couldn't do better than a 4th seed.

In other words, last year we would have played the Memphis fucking Grizzlies in the 2nd round and then play the winner of Dal-Phx.

I'll take the 2nd seed because a extra game at home will come in handy against Phx.
People, people.
2005 we won the 1st two at Phx and the clincher at Phx to go 3-0 there.
2006s bracketing by B.S. Sternfish is no longer.

So 2nd round being at home or at Phx is not crucial. Sure it would help, but not crucial.

twincam
03-26-2007, 01:42 PM
spurs play suns soon, therefore if the spurs win...that's one entire game they close the gap to.

mabber
03-26-2007, 01:56 PM
spurs play suns soon, therefore if the spurs win...that's one entire game they close the gap to.

Don't count on the Mavs beating the Suns for you on Sunday. The Mavs are 6 games up on Phoenix for the #1 seed so that game will mean much more to the Suns (trying to hold of the Spurs) than to the Mavs. The only way that game would be big for Dallas is if they lost 2-3 of their games this week. They play New Orleans, Milwaukee & New York so it's not likely.

twincam
03-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Don't count on the Mavs beating the Suns for you on Sunday. The Mavs are 6 games up on Phoenix for the #1 seed so that game will mean much more to the Suns (trying to hold of the Spurs) than to the Mavs. The only way that game would be big for Dallas is if they lost 2-3 of their games this week. They play New Orleans, Milwaukee & New York so it's not likely.

Anyone can win the lottery if you get my meaning.

ALVAREZ6
03-26-2007, 02:17 PM
I don't care if the Spurs catch the Suns or not, it means nothing.

As long as the Spurs make the playoffs, I believe they can get it done. I wouldn't mind having Dallas in the first round.

weebo
03-26-2007, 10:11 PM
The way the west is this year--it shouldn't matter much where the Spurs end up--every series will be tough for everyone--if they play with a sense of purpose we should be fine.

Pugglekicker_21
03-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Im looking behind us at Utah right now. But with less than 20 to go......idk how many left for the Spurs?

Dirk Nowitzki
03-26-2007, 11:17 PM
beating Suns w/HCA AND Mavs w/out HCA = very hard
beating both Suns AND Mavs without HCA = very,very,very hard

Even though the Mavs have the #1 seed, Home court advantage is so fucking overrated. It comes down to mental toughness, health and execution. Home court wont do a god damn thing about those areas. Last year alone showed how overrated Home court can be. Great teams can win anywhere.