PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have AT&T Homezone and Dish

Man Sauce
03-26-2007, 03:44 PM
I was thinking of ordering it because I am getting screwed by time warner. How is the reception in bad weather? Thanks

Mr Dio
03-26-2007, 06:58 PM
Read the fine print.
They won't tell you about a contract because they call it a commitment.
So many other examples. Once you get it installed, you're locked in.

What is going on with TW and in what city are you?

Man Sauce
03-26-2007, 08:48 PM
I'm in San Antonio. I think I am paying too much for cable and internet right now my bill 121.00. If I switch over I pay 101.41 with phone, internet and satellite television (homezone).

Kori Ellis
03-26-2007, 08:50 PM
If you don't really want to switch, but just want a cheaper price, call TW and tell them you are leaving and they'll give you a better deal than the listed package price to stay and include Digital Phone.

exstatic
03-26-2007, 09:06 PM
Satellite (weather issues) is inferior to cable, and DSL is inferior to cable internet. If you're fine with inferior service at a slightly lower price, go for it. I would either go with Kori's suggestion, or call TW for a 3 bundle (c/p/i) and drop some channels.

Man Sauce
03-26-2007, 09:18 PM
If you don't really want to switch, but just want a cheaper price, call TW and tell them you are leaving and they'll give you a better deal than the listed package price to stay and include Digital Phone.
I tried getting a better price with all three services but they told me I had to cancel for 3 months and then come back because of the promotion me and my wife received. Which sounds so frigin ridiculous. I am not ready to threaten them by leaving until I have enough info on AT&T. Thanks.

Man Sauce
03-26-2007, 09:19 PM
Satellite (weather issues) is inferior to cable, and DSL is inferior to cable internet. If you're fine with inferior service at a slightly lower price, go for it. I would either go with Kori's suggestion, or call TW for a 3 bundle (c/p/i) and drop some channels.
Well I will say this much my parents have DSL express and they never had any problems and to be honest with it was actually faster than my connection.

Mr Dio
03-26-2007, 09:20 PM
I tried getting a better price with all three services but they told me I had to cancel for 3 months and then come back because of the promotion me and my wife received. Which sounds so frigin ridiculous. I am not ready to threaten them by leaving until I have enough info on AT&T. Thanks.

Dude, Kori is right on the money!

Kori Ellis
03-26-2007, 09:24 PM
I tried getting a better price with all three services but they told me I had to cancel for 3 months and then come back because of the promotion me and my wife received.

Yeah you are right, that sounds ridiculous.

SequSpur
03-26-2007, 09:31 PM

DirectTV is pure digital.... There are still alot of analog channels on TW.

If you want the best picture, go with satellite.

scott
03-26-2007, 09:33 PM
Anyone got UVerse yet?

jaespur21
03-26-2007, 09:34 PM
I have no problems with it. Through storms my satellite signal was still there except for two occasions but i still had local stations just lost hbo n shit. Over a 5 yr period.
my brother and i use the dsl service and play 360 "simaltaneously" and experience no lag. i also love the nfl network. i watch it often.

jaespur21
03-26-2007, 09:35 PM
DirectTV is pure digital.... There are still alot of analog channels on TW.

If you want the best picture, go with satellite.

my neighbors have hi def with dish and it looks friggin beautiful

Man Sauce
03-26-2007, 10:09 PM
I have no problems with it. Through storms my satellite signal was still there except for two occasions but i still had local stations just lost hbo n shit. Over a 5 yr period.
my brother and i use the dsl service and play 360 "simaltaneously" and experience no lag. i also love the nfl network. i watch it often.
Those local channels do they include 4, 7 and 11. I am in San Antonio. Thanks.

Mr Dio
03-26-2007, 10:24 PM
I would also advise you to look at the # of channels promised by whomever and see how many of those channels are music or "fluff" channels. Fluff meaning news type stations and not the most popular programming.

The NFL Network is sweet though. It will be for only Sep-Dec, 4 mos outta 12.

Clandestino
03-26-2007, 10:33 PM
Anyone got UVerse yet?

i've had it since it came out. it sucked at first, many issues, but it was only $15 while they worked all the kinks out.. it is really awesome though. it is awesome, i love it! tons and tons of channels, dvr, 4 receivers for one low price! cheaper than twc

SequSpur
03-26-2007, 11:00 PM
my neighbors have hi def with dish and it looks friggin beautiful

exactly....

jaespur21
03-27-2007, 12:46 AM
Yes, local channels are MY35*tonights game*, fox29, abc, cbs, nbc, and that upn or whatever it is. with Friday night Smackdown.

MR. Dio, Nfl Network is 12 months out of the year i luv it. even the offseason im gangsta yo

JoeChalupa
03-27-2007, 04:16 AM
I recently switched to AT&T due to work issues and TW couldn't match the price. I'm saving by going with att for basic land lines and DSL. I've noticed no drop in speed over RR and our next move is dropping TW for cable. We are not into the whole HDTV thing and as long we get local channels plus some other that we watch regularly we are cool. But saving $$ is always nice.

Mr Dio
03-29-2007, 09:02 PM
Yes, local channels are MY35*tonights game*, fox29, abc, cbs, nbc, and that upn or whatever it is. with Friday night Smackdown.

MR. Dio, Nfl Network is 12 months out of the year i luv it. even the offseason im gangsta yo

How much time is it actually showing live NFL action?
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have the NFL Network and I did with Grande but I won't sign a contract that locks me in.

Once the introductory rates go bye-bye you can't downgrade or renegotiate your commitment.
Great product, but there is a reason people go back and forth between diff companies.