PDA

View Full Version : Takeo Spikes and Kelly Holcomb traded to Philly

Fillmoe
03-26-2007, 08:40 PM
The Buffalo Bills traded former Pro Bowl linebacker Takeo Spikes and quarterback Kelly Holcomb to the Philadelphia Eagles for defensive tackle Darwin Walker and a 2008 late-round pick.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

The Bills are competing with Houston and Detroit as the top 3 stupidest league owners/GMs in the NFL

mardigan
03-26-2007, 08:56 PM
So the Eagles basically got Kelly Holcomb. Spikes is stupid to trade for, the guy cant finish a whole season, I wonder if he has even passed is physical yet. Good trade for the Bills

Fillmoe
03-26-2007, 09:05 PM
how is that a good trade for the bills? they got a 2008 LATE ROUND PICK.... not a late 1st round pick...... just a late round pick.... that usually means rounds 4-7......

mardigan
03-26-2007, 09:08 PM
They basically traded Kelly Holcomb for Darwin Walker and a pick. Good trade
Spike is already 31, blew his achilles, and hasnt played a whole year in 2 seasons. Even when I watched him play last year, he didnt look like the same player. I hope he turns it around, but I doubt he makes much of a difference

ALVAREZ6
03-26-2007, 09:10 PM
WTF are you talking about?

I don't mind receiving Takeo Spikes at all.

mardigan
03-26-2007, 09:11 PM
WTF are you talking about?

I don't mind receiving Takeo Spikes at all.
What do you mean what am I talking about. Im just stating my opinion. The Bills needed a dt, and they got one without losing anything they really needed. Walker is 2 years younger than Spike, and had 6 sacks last year from the dt spot, which is great. They got rid of two aging lbs, and will look to get young. They have a bunch a olb, so he wont be as hard to replace as you think. And they got a pick, good trade

scott
03-26-2007, 09:28 PM
Spikes, despite his recent injuries, is still an upgrade for for the Philly LB corps if he can stay healthy. The Eagles have recent high draft picks Bunkley and Patterson to take over at DT. So basically they traded what was likely to be their backup DT and a late rounder NEXT year for a backup QB and at the least solid depth at LB.

I think it's a great trade for Philly, which makes me want to vomit.

Vinnie_Johnson
03-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Spikes is a shell of what he was when he was a pro bowler.

Pugglekicker_21
03-26-2007, 11:01 PM
Julius Jones will pwn him and rip his other Achilles heel.

Vinnie_Johnson
03-26-2007, 11:05 PM
Julius Jones will pwn him and rip his other Achilles heel.

:lol :clap

dallasmavsnfuego214
03-27-2007, 06:01 PM
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12722

here are his stats from last year. not as good as he used to be but still an upgrade. plus change of scenery can do a lot of good, now that he is playing for a team that actually has a chance at winning the division

mardigan
03-27-2007, 06:03 PM
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12722

here are his stats from last year. not as good as he used to be but still an upgrade. plus change of scenery can do a lot of good, now that he is playing for a team that actually has a chance at winning the division
Check out those sacks, not a very good sign for a team that loves blitzing their lbs

ALVAREZ6
03-27-2007, 09:30 PM
Spikes is a probable starter in Philly.

samikeyp
03-27-2007, 10:33 PM
If he can stay healthy...and its a big if...it makes a good Philly D even better.

Dammit. :)

kskonn
03-27-2007, 11:06 PM
If he can stay healthy...and its a big if...it makes a good Philly D even better.

Dammit. :)

IF

nickbroken
03-28-2007, 02:27 AM
Please it takes a full year to recover from his injury, he will be back and ready to spank some Cowpie this year.

mardigan
03-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Please it takes a full year to recover from his injury, he will be back and ready to spank some Cowpie this year.
Except that he got hurt last year at the end of the season too. I dont know why people think this guy is the shit, he had one really good year in 04, but besides that, he doesnt force fumbles that often, doesnt get many sacks, doesnt get many picks. He gets tackles, but only because he had a good defense around him that allowed him to get free. He will ge an upgrade, but not a huge one

Fillmoe
03-28-2007, 12:08 PM
I remember Julian Peterson had this same injury and sucked it up his last year with the Niners..... so we decided to let him walk.... and then he returned back to his normal self with the Seahawks.....

mardigan
03-28-2007, 01:20 PM
I remember Julian Peterson had this same injury and sucked it up his last year with the Niners..... so we decided to let him walk.... and then he returned back to his normal self with the Seahawks.....
Peterson is three years younger, easier to heal when you are younger. He also didnt play that bad when he came back to the Niners, 82 tackles and 3 sacks with no other help at the lb position. Im not saying that Spikes wont be could, he could go back to the player he was and be a huge help. Im just saying that people that think the Bills are stupid trading him for a pick and a really good dt are wrong. This trade is much more of a risk for the Eagles than it is the Bills. Walker has missed 3 games in the last 5 seasons and has had 26.5 sacks in those 5 years, or 5 more sacks than Spikes has had in his 9 year career

nickbroken
03-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Peterson is three years younger, easier to heal when you are younger. He also didnt play that bad when he came back to the Niners, 82 tackles and 3 sacks with no other help at the lb position. Im not saying that Spikes wont be could, he could go back to the player he was and be a huge help. Im just saying that people that think the Bills are stupid trading him for a pick and a really good dt are wrong. This trade is much more of a risk for the Eagles than it is the Bills. Walker has missed 3 games in the last 5 seasons and has had 26.5 sacks in those 5 years, or 5 more sacks than Spikes has had in his 9 year career

Eh Spikes was injured last year because it normally takes a full year to recover from it, I fully believe he will be better this year. And losing Walker wasn't a big deal, we signed Raegor so Walker was expendable. Walker was a major liability against the run and would disappear a lot, and Simon is a pass rushing DT he is going to be after the QB the whole time, Spikes has other duties like coverage, all in all it was a good trade for the Eagles, we added by subtracting, I don't think he will be back to is 04 form, but it's an upgrade over what we have now, it's just a 2 year fix anyways, we will draft a LB in the first or second.

mardigan
03-28-2007, 02:27 PM
Eh Spikes was injured last year because it normally takes a full year to recover from it, I fully believe he will be better this year. And losing Walker wasn't a big deal, we signed Raegor so Walker was expendable. Walker was a major liability against the run and would disappear a lot, and Simon is a pass rushing DT he is going to be after the QB the whole time, Spikes has other duties like coverage, all in all it was a good trade for the Eagles, we added by subtracting, I don't think he will be back to is 04 form, but it's an upgrade over what we have now, it's just a 2 year fix anyways, we will draft a LB in the first or second.
Are you talking about Corey Simon who signed with the Colts two years ago? He missed all of last year anyway and thats why the Colts had to trade for Booger McFarland. I realized Walker was probably going to get traded. Reagor is very undersized for a dt, so I guess we will see how that turns out. It was a risk reward trade for the Eagles, and could work out fine. Im just saying that I think the Bills got the better of the trade, their front 4 are going to wreak havoc next year.

ALVAREZ6
03-28-2007, 04:41 PM
The Eagles have plenty of D-linemen, losing Darwin Walker won't affect them much.

mardigan
03-28-2007, 04:55 PM
The Eagles have plenty of D-linemen, losing Darwin Walker won't affect them much.
Except that he was their best dt last year.Bunkley and Patterson are young, and the rest of the dt didnt play much. A combined 1.5 sacks out of the dt left on their roster. Reagor had 2 sacks last year in an injury plagued saeson, and he is VERY undersized for the position, not to mention part of a defensive front that couldnt stop the run last year. Walker was their best d-tackle, dont act like they gave up nothing. Advantage Buffalo.

nickbroken
03-28-2007, 07:13 PM
Are you talking about Corey Simon who signed with the Colts two years ago? He missed all of last year anyway and thats why the Colts had to trade for Booger McFarland. I realized Walker was probably going to get traded. Reagor is very undersized for a dt, so I guess we will see how that turns out. It was a risk reward trade for the Eagles, and could work out fine. Im just saying that I think the Bills got the better of the trade, their front 4 are going to wreak havoc next year.

Eh I meant Walker, I don't see how they got the better end of the deal, but that's your opinion and I assume you are a Cowpie fan so...

nickbroken
03-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Except that he was their best dt last year.Bunkley and Patterson are young, and the rest of the dt didnt play much. A combined 1.5 sacks out of the dt left on their roster. Reagor had 2 sacks last year in an injury plagued saeson, and he is VERY undersized for the position, not to mention part of a defensive front that couldnt stop the run last year. Walker was their best d-tackle, dont act like they gave up nothing. Advantage Buffalo.

Haha Reagor was in a massive car crash is why he was injured.

mardigan
03-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Eh I meant Walker, I don't see how they got the better end of the deal, but that's your opinion and I assume you are a Cowpie fan so...
I would admit if I thought a team got a the better of any deal, regardless of me being a Boys fan. My whole thing is, yea they have a lot of d-linemen, and some good unproven young talents, and thats fine. But you trade you best and most productive defensive tackle, for a guy that is 31, 2 years removed from a major injury, and who didnt really look that good last year. Like I said, I think the Eagles took a big chance, and it very well could pay off great for them next year. But what if it doesnt, and he isnt very good, then they basically traded one of their best d-linemen for Kelly Holcomb, and gave up a pick. I think the reward could be much higher for the Eagles, but Walker is much more of a good thing, thats why I think at this point Buffalo got the better end of the deal. But 6 or 8 weeks into the season, we could see that the Eagles got the better end, its all up to Spikes

nickbroken
03-28-2007, 07:38 PM
First off Darwin Walker is 29 and he was our best DT last year because Patterson is young and Bunkley barely played, Takeo Spikes is 30 years old, yeah a major injury that isn't as big of a deal nowadays I'm not saying he will save us, but trading an expendable aging DT that doesn't always give 100% isn't that bad, Dt isn't a weak area for us, LB is. and Kelly Holcomb is a solid backup, we traded a conditional 7th round pick, big deal.

Face it we got better at Linebacker it makes the team better, if he can be above average it will be an upgrade to what we've had, making our front 7 better making our D better, I'm sure we will be gravy, but only time can tell, I'm more concerned about McNabbs injury then I am TKO's

mardigan
03-28-2007, 07:45 PM
First off Darwin Walker is 29 and he was our best DT last year because Patterson is young and Bunkley barely played, Takeo Spikes is 30 years old, yeah a major injury that isn't as big of a deal nowadays I'm not saying he will save us, but trading an expendable aging DT that doesn't always give 100% isn't that bad, Dt isn't a weak area for us, LB is. and Kelly Holcomb is a solid backup, we traded a conditional 7th round pick, big deal.

Face it we got better at Linebacker it makes the team better, if he can be above average it will be an upgrade to what we've had, making our front 7 better making our D better, I'm sure we will be gravy, but only time can tell, I'm more concerned about McNabbs injury then I am TKO's
There was a reason they barely played, youth are not, a lot of rookies play their first years, shit even our 4th rounder Hatcher played for the Boys last year. And your right, Walker will be 30 next year, but Spikes will be 31. And I would rather have a 30 year old dt that hasnt had a serious u=injury than a 31 year old lb, who has had a major injury, and doesnt really produce anything except tackles as a product of the system. And Holcomb? Guy couldnt even beat out Losman, barely a second stringer, when he is stuck behind Feeley maybe you will realize how crappy he is. Then again, with McNabbs constant injury problems, I guess maybe getting him wasnt the worst idea

mardigan
03-28-2007, 07:56 PM
But I guess your right as well, yall really needed lbs, so I guess it was a good move. I just wonder why a team that needs lbs themselves would let him go

nickbroken
03-28-2007, 07:59 PM
There was a reason they barely played, youth are not, a lot of rookies play their first years, shit even our 4th rounder Hatcher played for the Boys last year. And your right, Walker will be 30 next year, but Spikes will be 31. And I would rather have a 30 year old dt that hasnt had a serious u=injury than a 31 year old lb, who has had a major injury, and doesnt really produce anything except tackles as a product of the system. And Holcomb? Guy couldnt even beat out Losman, barely a second stringer, when he is stuck behind Feeley maybe you will realize how crappy he is. Then again, with McNabbs constant injury problems, I guess maybe getting him wasnt the worst idea

Paterson played all year and had a decent year, he couldn't do a lot because Walker was lined up next to him, our dt's didn't do well last year. Bunkely didn't play much because he held out of training camps and was out of shape so he was left behind and used sparingly, How many pro bowls has Walker been to ? I swear you must not watch the Eagles much, there is more then a stat sheet.

Losman was a 1st rounder for the bills he was suppose to start sooner or later, he is a back up anyways, you some kinda Nazi know it all of football and every team or something?

nickbroken
03-28-2007, 08:01 PM
But I guess your right as well, yall really needed lbs, so I guess it was a good move. I just wonder why a team that needs lbs themselves would let him go

They are in major rebuild mode, it's cap related mainly, they let a lot of guys go.

mardigan
03-28-2007, 08:11 PM
Paterson played all year and had a decent year, he couldn't do a lot because Walker was lined up next to him, our dt's didn't do well last year. Bunkely didn't play much because he held out of training camps and was out of shape so he was left behind and used sparingly, How many pro bowls has Walker been to ? I swear you must not watch the Eagles much, there is more then a stat sheet.

Losman was a 1st rounder for the bills he was suppose to start sooner or later, he is a back up anyways, you some kinda Nazi know it all of football and every team or something?
Just giving opinions bro, dont got to get all riled up about it and start name calling. And yea, I watched a lot of Eagles games, I watched a lot of every team, doesnt make me a know it all, I just have an opinion on a lot of teams. Patterson was pretty decent, good run stopper, but Walker was a decent run stopper and blitzer, he also had 2 sacks against the Saints, pretty much the whole teams pass rush in that game. And yea, Losman was a first rounder that finally was able to start all year in his third year. He barely held off the position for the first time last year, and played prety well the second half. But last year he didnt play very well, and Holcomb got 8 starts, and didnt look very good either, but maybe that was the teams fault. Im not trying to talk shit man, I criticize my own team a lot. Just giving my opinion. ANd I really think that this makes the Bills front four damn good, they will get a ton of sacks. I also dont know if this means the end of Dahni for the Eagles