PDA

View Full Version : be honest do you really want to play the Mavericks?

Re-Animator
03-27-2007, 02:24 AM
If you said yes, then your either new as a Spurs fan, or your the most ignorant species on earth.

There is not one team in the NBA that wants any part of the Dallas Mavericks and I know coach Pop, and his aging players don't either.But unfortunately you can't always get what you want. look at the bright side, maybe the Spurs will do the fans a favor and just end it quickly and go out in the first round to save them and the city of San Antonio any embarrassment.why go through all that pain?

So be honest Spur fans, do you really want to play the Mavericks?

I didn't think so.

:wakeup

Mr. Body
03-27-2007, 02:26 AM
If you said yes, then your either new as a Spurs fan, or your the most ignorant species on earth.

This was the greatest post of all time.

gtownspur
03-27-2007, 02:28 AM
Keep Spurstalk Troll Free.

SAtown
03-27-2007, 02:30 AM

:lmao How many years have you been a Dallas Mavericks fan? (Don't lie to us, now...) I've been to the AA several times and have asked people how long they've been fans, and they say "oh, several years." Hmmm, then they're stumped when I ask them questions about the 90's Mavs :lol

ManuMagic
03-27-2007, 02:32 AM
This was the greatest post of all time.

One you can say is a slip, but two is idiocracy. I can't believe your team can even fathom playing the undefeated Mavs. Wait... you mean they aren't undefeated? They can be beaten?

ManuMagic
03-27-2007, 02:34 AM

There is not one team in the NBA that wants any part of the Dallas Mavericks and I know coach Pop, and his aging players don't either.But unfortunately you can't always get what you want. look at the bright side, maybe the Spurs will do the fans a favor and just end it quickly and go out in the first round to save them and the city of San Antonio any embarrassment.why go through all that pain?

I didn't think so.

back to back 40 pt smokings have mav fan here on the defensive, not wanting any part of the Spurs it seems...

THE SIXTH MAN
03-27-2007, 02:34 AM
I'm looking foward to a rematch. Why not?

mathbzh
03-27-2007, 02:47 AM
I want a Spurs vs. Mavs WCF. Yes it will be tough to win it. But we should see great basketball between two great teams. I want the spurs to prove they are the best team. And if they don't I want them to fall with honor against a strong team.
Are the Mavs favorite? I think so. But they can be beaten.
Let start with PO!!!

L.I.T
03-27-2007, 02:54 AM
Yes. The only reason to say no, is if you're scared of losing. Funnily enough, it's a Mavs fan posting shit about being scared of losing...interesting.

rayray2k8
03-27-2007, 02:54 AM
Newbie spurs fans??
Mouse you've barely been a mavs fan for only 4 years!!!
Come on!!
Now's a good time to ask.
How many mav fans in here have been followign the mavs for the past decade??
No wait, better yet, the past 5??

Going back to the original question.
So you propose that the spurs just avoid the mavs completely??
how about an early round exit??
Get real!!
I think its the other way around bro.
Do the MAVS wanna go through another 7 game series?
This team has been tested already in mulitiple playoff game series.
The mavs on the otherhand finally get over the hump by eliminating the spurs but sputter in the finals.
Yes, last season lost against Dallas was a difficult one to swallow, but it was not the worst heart wrenching lost us spurs fans have ever felt.
I think thats one of the biggest reasons why spurs fans dont respect mav fans only because they've never really experience TRUE pain.
Not being able to sucessfully defend your title is one example.
Win one and then you guys will understand.

J.T.
03-27-2007, 03:00 AM
I just want the Spurs to win another title. If the Mavs want to stand in our way, let them. On the other hand I couldn't give a shit one way or another who we have to play.

SAtown
03-27-2007, 03:00 AM
These cocky Mavs fans remind me of how I was in '95 when we had the best record in the NBA, MVP, made it to the WCF, etc... 10 years old and pretty damn giddy

rayray2k8
03-27-2007, 03:01 AM
Spurs vs. Mavs is likely to happen.
Not to undermind the Sun, but I think the NBA would want the rematch.
It was a fun series. :D
Well it was if you were on the winning side. :lol

J.T.
03-27-2007, 03:08 AM
I think it's safe to say the Spurs-Mavs has become the Colts-Pats or Yankees-Red Sox of the NBA. Honestly I'm so sick of all the media plotlines when we play them that I'd rather not play them just to save myself from wanting to throw a brick at my TV due to commentators running the same old shit into the ground for another seven games. It'd be a fun series and I think fans of both teams are underestimating the other a little bit right now, but if I have to hear Steve Kerr and Reggie Miller talk about how Avery Johnson learned what he knows from Pop and "how well these teams know each other" for an entire series again, I just might OD on heroin. Keep in mind I haven't even begun to take into account what barrage of new stupid shit Cuban is going to come up with this time.

rayray2k8
03-27-2007, 03:13 AM
Cuban in the main reason why I despise the Mavs.
But Avery keeps me in check. lol

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-27-2007, 03:24 AM
Haha, the Original Post is too funny.

Why wouldn't we want to play the Mavs? I think we'll be even more driven to play our best when facing these guys. IT'll be definitelly the best matchup so hope both teams end up meeting for the WCF.... God, I hate threads like these. Time seems to go by even slower!!

milkyway21
03-27-2007, 03:44 AM

I didn't think so.

:wakeupare you for real? :lol

We got beaten by the 3-time champs Lakers(with ShaQ/Kobe), in 2001 & 2002 but we had our revenge in 2003 with a statement. And the 2001/2002/2003 Lakers was even dangerous than your 2006-07 Mavs. You really believe we are afraid of your team? Bec. i think the Mavs are trying their best to win as much as possible because they're are trying to avoid the Spurs in the 2nd round.

You have nothing to prove yet you are better than the Spurs except of course of your near 60-win and you are already overrating your team. That's the reason why nobody sympathized Cuban and your team when you lost to Wade's Miami in 2006. Your ego is over the edge. :p:

If you said yes, then your either new as a Spurs fan, or your the most ignorant species on earth.ho ho is that you, mouse?

Voice of Truth
03-27-2007, 03:48 AM

I didn't think so.

I agree, but don't worry the Spurs won't get to face the Mavs anyway.

johngateswhiteley
03-27-2007, 03:53 AM

I didn't think so.

the mavs are probably our easiest competition. i hope we face them instead of phoenix...the suns are a team i really fear, they may stretch us to 5 games.

...oh yeah, the mavs like to suck dick.

ManuMagic
03-27-2007, 03:57 AM
Got damn mice infestation in this thread.

8-------
03-27-2007, 03:58 AM
Mouse is a biaaaaatch!!!!

Dalhoop
03-27-2007, 06:34 AM
The Spurs would like to face the Mavs because it would mean they were in the WCF, most teams would be happy to be in that situation. The Warriors would love to face the Mavs, as would the Hornets and Clippers because that would mean that they made it into the playoffs, instead of the alternative.

All real fans of Basketball would love a Mavs-Spurs match-up in the WCF, Mavs -Suns would be only slightly less entertaining. Spurs-Suns would be the best second round match-up.

Win or loose, everybody wants it.

ponky
03-27-2007, 06:34 AM
the mavs are probably our easiest competition. i hope we face them instead of phoenix...the suns are a team i really fear, they may stretch us to 5 games.

...oh yeah, the mavs like to suck dick.

dang, i was sure this was a spursdynasty post before i looked at the avatar, his stupidity must be contagious

that said, this entire thread is stupid...mavs were in the same position last year with the spurs. everyone was saying that nobody wanted to go through the spurs, they always beat the mavs, blah blah blah. well, obviously we killed those demons and it doesn't mean anything this season other than that i expect another awesomely entertaining series with two balanced teams playing competitive basketball

as for monterrey soccer dude, wtf? why would you be asking mavs fans at games how long they've been mavs fans? get over yourself, lots of spurs rooted for the rockets back when they won their rings and it doesn't matter how long someone has been a fan, what's more important is their enthusiasm for the team

Dalhoop
03-27-2007, 06:39 AM
OH, and to answer the question about how long a fan? Sense they drafted Kidd, I moved here from California that year, sadly I can't remember the year (Old age I guess)

mikeanthony21
03-27-2007, 06:39 AM
The Spurs would like to face the Mavs because it would mean they were in the WCF, most teams would be happy to be in that situation. The Warriors would love to face the Mavs, as would the Hornets and Clippers because that would mean that they made it into the playoffs, instead of the alternative.

All real fans of Basketball would love a Mavs-Spurs match-up in the WCF, Mavs -Suns would be only slightly less entertaining. Spurs-Suns would be the best second round match-up.

Win or loose, everybody wants it.

...except the original poster.

mikeanthony21
03-27-2007, 06:43 AM
[QUOTE=Re-Animator]If you said yes, then your either new as a Spurs fan, or your the most ignorant species on earth.

I didn't think so.

Yes, Re-gurgitator, we do. Now go back to sleep.

:sleep

Clutch20
03-27-2007, 06:48 AM

I didn't think so.

No, I personally do not want to play the '06'07 Mavericks.
I really fantasize about playing the '99/03 Spurs.
That would be raising the bar considerably.
Sigh, just a fantasy.
Playing the Mavericks is my second choice, I'm just being "realisitic"

samikeyp
03-27-2007, 07:01 AM
I wouldn't want to play the Mavericks. I'm old, slow and have bad knees.

However, if the Spurs meet them in the playoffs...that should be fun.

George Gervin's Afro
03-27-2007, 08:00 AM
revenge? you bet. I HOPE we play the Mavs!

George Gervin's Afro
03-27-2007, 08:01 AM
No, I personally do not want to play the '06'07 Mavericks.
I really fantasize about playing the '99/03 Spurs.
That would be raising the bar considerably.
Sigh, just a fantasy.
Playing the Mavericks is my second choice, I'm just being "realisitic"

Now that's just wrong.. :lol

Tbiggums
03-27-2007, 08:17 AM

I didn't think so.

I think the opposite is true. I think the Mavs fans really understimate San Antonio. But that's the way we like it! :sleep

Obstructed_View
03-27-2007, 08:19 AM
Not wanting to meet and beat the Mavericks in the post-season would be idiocracy.

Tbiggums
03-27-2007, 08:23 AM
I want a Spurs vs. Mavs WCF. Yes it will be tough to win it. But we should see great basketball between two great teams. I want the spurs to prove they are the best team. And if they don't I want them to fall with honor against a strong team.
Are the Mavs favorite? I think so. But they can be beaten.
Let start with PO!!!

I agree. You tell that the Mavs are a hard up city looking for a championship to be given to them. They think the regular season promises them a spot in the finals. I've been checking them out. Teams are starting to defend their little perimeter game better and they don't look that mighty anymore. Kudos to Dallas for bustin out of the gate and maintaing it but SA inspite of the regular season record look primed for another run to finals. :clap

Tbiggums
03-27-2007, 08:27 AM
I wouldn't want to play the Mavericks. I'm old, slow and have bad knees.

However, if the Spurs meet them in the playoffs...that should be fun.

B/C they don't know what they are saying. They just flap their gums to get a reaction from Champs! Remember they are not used to being included in the championship conversation? :bang

Duncanoypi
03-27-2007, 08:37 AM
do you really want to play the mavericks?

do we have a choice?

Obstructed_View
03-27-2007, 08:41 AM
Only losers duck the tough competition. Oh yeah, Maverick fans.

StylisticS
03-27-2007, 08:43 AM
...except the original poster.
Probably shouldn't have taken this thread seriously. As you can see, he hasn't made an appearance in his own thread. He did his job and many of us took the bait.

Tbiggums
03-27-2007, 08:44 AM
These cocky Mavs fans remind me of how I was in '95 when we had the best record in the NBA, MVP, made it to the WCF, etc... 10 years old and pretty damn giddy

I know man...Mavs fan is hard up! :toast

Tbiggums
03-27-2007, 08:45 AM
Probably shouldn't have taken this thread seriously. As you can see, he hasn't made an appearance in his own thread. He did his job and many of us took the bait.

And where is your Basketball Championship> :bang

monosylab1k
03-27-2007, 08:47 AM
This thread is idiocratic.

Tbiggums
03-27-2007, 09:42 AM
I agree, but don't worry the Spurs won't get to face the Mavs anyway.

Dude..go away! :dramaquee

cheguevara
03-27-2007, 09:44 AM
LOL mav fans so worried about us, they start threads like these. Patience my choker friends. We WILL meet this playoffs.

DarrinS
03-27-2007, 09:59 AM
You always want to play the best team on the road to the finals. The Spurs have played tougher opponents in playoff history than this years Mavs.

The Mavs have a great playoff tradition in this decade, that we, as Spurs fans, don't want to see end.

Year W-L Playoffs
2005-06 60-22 Division Lost NBA Finals
2004-05 58-24 Division Lost West Conf Semis
2003-04 52-30 Lost West Conf 1st Rd
2002-03 60-22 Lost West Conf Finals
2001-02 57-25 Lost West Conf Semis
2000-01 53-29 Lost West Conf Semis

ponky
03-27-2007, 10:01 AM
LOL mav fans so worried about us, they start threads like these. Patience my choker friends. We WILL meet this playoffs.

uh no, we're not worried.

no. 1 reason i want the spurs/mavs matchup?

tix are always available for any spurs game on ticketmaster at face value and san antonio is only an hour's drive away so i can load up the car with people who will cheer for the mavs...combine that with my playoff tix up in dallas and i'm good to go

a close second would be the look on spurs fans' faces when they lose in AAC

http://www.ambitoweb.com/diario/2007/0106/imagenes/Not_20070106_313043.jpg

DarrinS
03-27-2007, 10:07 AM
uh no, we're not worried.

no. 1 reason i want the spurs/mavs matchup?

tix are always available for any spurs game on ticketmaster at face value and san antonio is only an hour's drive away so i can load up the car with people who will cheer for the mavs...combine that with my playoff tix up in dallas and i'm good to go

a close second would be the look on spurs fans' faces when they lose in AAC

http://www.ambitoweb.com/diario/2007/0106/imagenes/Not_20070106_313043.jpg

I don't think the Mavs are worried, but neither are the Spurs. Hell, the Spurs had to play the two-headed monster of Kobe and Shaq almost every year. Does the original poster actually think we're going to be worried about the Mavs? These two teams respect each other, but they are not afraid to play each other. People shouldn't overlook the Rockets either. They're playing good ball right now and just beat a team that always gives the Spurs shits -- I mean fits.

lefty
03-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Why would the Spurs be worried ? As DarrinS said, they've seen enough not to be impressed

ponky
03-27-2007, 10:15 AM
I don't think the Mavs are worried, but neither are the Spurs. Hell, the Spurs had to play the two-headed monster of Kobe and Shaq almost every year. Does the original poster actually think we're going to be worried about the Mavs? These two teams respect each other, but they are not afraid to play each other. People shouldn't overlook the Rockets either. They're playing good ball right now and just beat a team that always gives the Spurs shits -- I mean fits.

yeah, the original poster is being stupid with the trolling. i agree, neither team should be worried about playing the other and all of the fans should be excited about the prospect of a rematch. as for the rockets, you're right, we played a seven game first round series against them two years ago and every game was competitive save for the last game. actually, the second round matchups (and maybe some of the first) are going to be so much fun, i wouldn't even begin to think about the wcf.

mabber
03-27-2007, 10:17 AM

I expect the Rockets to beat Utah and be the Mav's 2nd round opponent.

lefty
03-27-2007, 10:17 AM
yeah, the original poster is being stupid with the trolling. i agree, neither team should be worried about playing the other and all of the fans should be excited about the prospect of a rematch. as for the rockets, you're right, we played a seven game first round series against them two years ago and every game was competitive save for the last game. actually, the second round matchups (and maybe some of the first) are going to be so much fun, i wouldn't even begin to think about the wcf.

True ; when 100 % healthy, Rockets are dangerous ; plus , they are well coached and have improved their D.

If top teams are healthy, playoffs in the West are gonna be :hungry: :hungry:

ponky
03-27-2007, 10:20 AM
Why would the Spurs be worried ? As DarrinS said, they've seen enough not to be impressed

i've never understood why these two have to be exclusive. why not be NOT worried and impressed at the same time? looks tougher but then i guess if you're the type who doesn't want to acknowledge anything good about another team no matter what, then so be it

DarrinS
03-27-2007, 10:21 AM
True ; when 100 % healthy, Rockets are dangerous ; plus , they are well coached and have improved their D.

If top teams are healthy, playoffs in the West are gonna be :hungry: :hungry:

And in the East?

Is there anyone that will seriously threaten Detroit? Cleveland? I doubt it.

jman3000
03-27-2007, 10:22 AM
ignorance is bliss.

lefty
03-27-2007, 10:23 AM
i've never understood why these two have to be exclusive. why not be NOT worried and impressed at the same time? looks tougher but then i guess if you're the type who doesn't want to acknowledge anything good about another team no matter what, then so be it

Huh??? :sleep

lefty
03-27-2007, 10:25 AM
And in the East?

Well, Detroit is looking good ; but u never know what will happen later ; if Wade is healthy for the playoffs, Heat could be back on track. I would not count them out

u2sarajevo
03-27-2007, 10:28 AM
Not wanting to meet and beat the Mavericks in the post-season would be idiocracy.What in the world does a movie have to do with meeting the Mavericks?

monosylab1k
03-27-2007, 10:31 AM
And in the East?

For whatever reason, I keep thinking Chicago is going to make it out of the East.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-27-2007, 10:32 AM
Yes, Re-gurgitator, we do. Now go back to sleep.

go to sleep? there are dumpsters to be plundered

on the other hand, I don't fear the mavs. the first half of the season i feared them, but not so much now. each team has won on the other's arena and the average of defeat was 6 or lower. if we beat them on tax day it's a clean slate between us and no one really has any ground to stand on. hopefully everyone remembers that regular season record doesn't mean squat. we just have to see what happens in the WCF if BOTH teams make it. i think we all saw the chink in the armor in the last mav-suns game. the mavs imitated origami. they folded under pressure, especially the "mvp".

lefty
03-27-2007, 10:35 AM
For whatever reason, I keep thinking Chicago is going to make it out of the East.

Well, Bulls could be a sleeper ; they are not having a great regular season, but last season the played well vs Miami, and they are supposed to have a better team than last year . However, they won't win the East

J.T.
03-27-2007, 10:35 AM
A rematch series would be tolerable if the NBA would ban TNT from giving Mark Cuban any camera time.

You know what I've thought might be cool is if some Spurs fans want to go to Dallas and have a joint GTG with Mav fans, or if they want to come down to SA. I think it would be neat as long as we uphold a strict no trolls allowed policy. There are enough Mavs fans here who don't have their heads shoved up their asses that it might actually be fun. We just have to make sure we don't mail out invitations to certain people.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-27-2007, 10:40 AM
You know what I've thought might be cool is if some Spurs fans want to go to Dallas and have a joint GTG with Mav fans, or if they want to come down to SA. I think it would be neat as long as we uphold a strict no trolls allowed policy. There are enough Mavs fans here who don't have their heads shoved up their asses that it might actually be fun. We just have to make sure we don't mail out invitations to certain people.hey J.T. I'm the guy that sat in front of you and your bud at that spurs mav game back in november. i'll be down with the GTG if it could be arranged.

DarrinS
03-27-2007, 10:40 AM
A rematch series would be tolerable if the NBA would ban TNT from giving Mark Cuban any camera time.

You know what I've thought might be cool is if some Spurs fans want to go to Dallas and have a joint GTG with Mav fans, or if they want to come down to SA. I think it would be neat as long as we uphold a strict no trolls allowed policy. There are enough Mavs fans here who don't have their heads shoved up their asses that it might actually be fun. We just have to make sure we don't mail out invitations to certain people.

Several of my friends are Mavs fans and we watched the SA-DAL series together at our neighborhood bar. Watching game 7 with these dudes was pretty intense.

mqywaaah
03-27-2007, 10:48 AM
Several of my friends are Mavs fans and we watched the SA-DAL series together at our neighborhood bar. Watching game 7 with these dudes was pretty intense.

Dude I fuckin loove that jiggly/bouncy sig of yours. :toast
Just felt like I had to say it...

DarrinS
03-27-2007, 10:54 AM
Dude I fuckin loove that jiggly/bouncy sig of yours. :toast
Just felt like I had to say it...

I think she could be the new Jello spokeswoman. :hungry:

Texas_Ranger
03-27-2007, 11:33 AM
I hope that Spurs and Mavs are going to be in the western conference finals and then we will kick their ass.

mabber
03-27-2007, 11:59 AM

They were my preseason favorites but I just don't see it now. I think Detroit and Miami (w/Wade back at 70%+) would take them out. I think they can beat Cleveland though. Cleveland's halfcourt offense is ridiculous.

Dirk Nowitzki
03-27-2007, 12:17 PM
IF the Mavs make it out of the West I want Miami. I want the team who beat us last season and is the current defending champion. I want us to be the team who dethrones them!! :hungry: :hungry:

mabber
03-27-2007, 12:20 PM
IF the Mavs make it out of the West I want Miami. I want the team who beat us last season and is the current defending champion. I want us to be the team who dethrones them!! :hungry: :hungry:

Why are you saying "IF" the Mavs make it out of the west? Your signature says you guarantee the Mavs will win the title :rolleyes

SpursDynasty
03-27-2007, 12:23 PM

I didn't think so.

Wow, you are quick to speak for so many fans here. My honest opinion is that Spurs will win against the Mavericks in 6 games. The Mavericks aren't as good as their record. Utah, GS, Phoenix, and SA have all played Dallas well this season (games with these teams are either a blowout - losing to GS, or decided in the final 30 seconds - Utah, Phoenix and SA) vs Dallas. Dallas is dominant vs the rest of the 25 teams in the NBA. Their playoffs will not be a breeze this year.

I honestly would love to see SA vs Dallas in the 2nd round. Who cares about what round it's in. And HCA is of no importance for SA. Is SA older? Yes. Unathletic? In a sense. But Miami was both of those last year.

I think the real question is: Do the Mavs really want to face SA in the playoffs (What the starter of this thread is hiding by asking the opposite to SA fans).

This Mavs-Spurs smack talk is getting old. Everyone knows who's going to win.

Dirk Nowitzki
03-27-2007, 12:23 PM
Why are you saying "IF" the Mavs make it out of the west? Your signature says you guarantee the Mavs will win the title :rolleyes

:depressed :depressed I say that with honest faith but nothing is a lock in this league. Injuries,execution, staying healthy all still have to happen for us to get back there. :wtf is with the attitude?

StylisticS
03-27-2007, 12:25 PM
And where is your Basketball Championship> :bang
what does that have to do with my fuckin post?

dbreiden83080
03-27-2007, 12:26 PM

I didn't think so.

What was that i can't read what you wrote i am blinded by the glow of those Western Conference rings the Mavs won and the roar of the crowd as they raised the WC banner that night in Dallas permanently rendered me deaf.

StylisticS
03-27-2007, 12:27 PM

I think the better word for that is............concerned :king . lol. I think it's just a little bit better than using worried. It's basically like:
worried= panicking
concerned= not panicking

The Mavericks aren't as good as their record. Utah, GS, Phoenix, and SA have all played Dallas well this season
Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe, that Dallas has also played those teams well this season too. I mean, everyone of those teams blew out each other at least once so what's your point?

SpursDynasty
03-27-2007, 12:32 PM
I think the better word for that is............concerned :king . lol. I think it's just a little bit better than using worried. It's basically like:
worried= panicking
concerned= not panicking

Did you ever think that maybe, just maybe, that Dallas has also played those teams well this season too. I mean, everyone of those teams blew out each other at least once so what's your point?

Golden State blew out Dallas twice.
Utah blew Dallas out one, and Dallas won one game by 3 points.
Both Phoenix v. Dallas games were decided by 2 points, each team won once.
SA won one game, Dallas won the other two by an average of 4 points.

Dallas has not blown out anybody this year, but has been blown out 3 times. They won't be facing the Celtics, Knicks, or Hawks, etc. in the playoffs. The truth will come out. Just like last year, and just like this year they're not up against an Amare-less Phoenix team.

mardigan
03-27-2007, 12:34 PM
Hi guys, Id like to introduce myself, Im a new Spurs fan and would like them very much play this team called the Mavericks........ :blah

monosylab1k
03-27-2007, 12:37 PM

And San Antonio lost to Charlotte and Boston. What's your point?

SpursDynasty
03-27-2007, 12:40 PM

My post and topic of how well Dallas really plays is referring to PLAYOFF teams. It doesn't matter how any given team does against non-playoff teams. The reason the Spurs sometimes lose to non-playoff teams is because for many non-playoff teams, playing the Spurs is their favorite game of the year and they actually show up to play. There's more motivation playing against a respected NBA Finals veteran team.

Spurs are still the most respected team in the NBA (by other players, not ESPN Magazine or whatever)

So, if SA has to play Charlotte or Boston in the NBA Finals, then we have trouble, right? :lol

monosylab1k
03-27-2007, 12:41 PM
So, if SA has to play Charlotte or Boston in the NBA Finals, then we have trouble, right? :lol

yes according to your own logic.

DarrinS
03-27-2007, 12:43 PM

Ouch! :dizzy

monosylab1k
03-27-2007, 12:45 PM
My post and topic of how well Dallas really plays is referring to PLAYOFF teams. It doesn't matter how any given team does against non-playoff teams.

San Antonio's lost to Cleveland, Golden State, Utah (twice), Lakers (twice), Houston (twice), Chicago, Phoenix, Miami, and of course Dallas twice. 13 losses against teams currently in the playoff hunt. Great job against those playoff level teams.

Oh, and they still lost to Charlotte and Boston.

jdalive2004
03-27-2007, 01:45 PM
I guess they forgot about the Mavs giving the Lakers their worst home lost ever! Did the Spurs lose to the T-wolves? Didn't the Mavs beat them 91-65? BTW, WHO CARES ABOUT BLOW-OUT WINS! They don't matter in the playoffs! The Spurs can beat the Mavs by 50 points in 3 games, but lose the series by 1 point losses, in four of the other games.

rayray2k8
03-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Here is your typical spurs fan answer or sorta in a way.

Championships arent given in the regular season.
The season is LONG!!!
Nobody really cares!!

It looks like you named all the teams that beat the spurs!
How silly is that? :lol
THe playoffs is a whole different ball game. When will you guys finally understand that?

Come playoff time, everyone is back to zero!
So how will the regular season impact the spurs in the post season?

True, the purpose of the season is to establish the seeding and as well as who have home court advantage throughout the playoffs.
But people who have watched basketball for a long time, would say quite often it's slightly a bit over rated.

Examples of that would be when the spurs in the past had homecourt in a series and didnt win.

Like in '95 against the rockets, or 2001 against the lakers. Hell even in 2004 when the spurs went up 2-0 against them in the playoffs. (sound familiar mav fans?)

As well as in 2005 in the WCF, when the sun had home court and lost the series 4-1.

So really homecourt is not always a given.

Fillmoe
03-27-2007, 01:58 PM
SAS probably has the best chance to beat DALLAS

mabber
03-27-2007, 01:59 PM

SpursDynasty rarely has a point but he brings much humor to the board so lets not discourage him.

angel_luv
03-27-2007, 02:02 PM
I don't want to play the Mavericks only because, even more fun than our kicking their tail ( which we will)I want the joy of watching them get knocked out in the first round. :)

stretch
03-27-2007, 02:03 PM

Dallas has not blown out anybody this year, but has been blown out 3 times. They won't be facing the Celtics, Knicks, or Hawks, etc. in the playoffs. The truth will come out. Just like last year, and just like this year they're not up against an Amare-less Phoenix team.
you are the biggest dumbfuck alive.

oh, and GS didnt blow out Dallas twice.

G-Nob
03-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Go away insecure Mavs fans!

Dirk Nowitzki
03-27-2007, 02:32 PM
Any victory against the Mavs despite the margin of points is considered a blowout. Listen to SpursDynasty. The only reason why the Mavs are even good is because teams dont "stand up to them". :rolleyes

nacho
03-27-2007, 02:51 PM
Here is your typical spurs fan answer or sorta in a way.

Championships arent given in the regular season.
The season is LONG!!!
Nobody really cares!!

It looks like you named all the teams that beat the spurs!
How silly is that? :lol
THe playoffs is a whole different ball game. When will you guys finally understand that?

Come playoff time, everyone is back to zero!
So how will the regular season impact the spurs in the post season?

True, the purpose of the season is to establish the seeding and as well as who have home court advantage throughout the playoffs.
But people who have watched basketball for a long time, would say quite often it's slightly a bit over rated.

Examples of that would be when the spurs in the past had homecourt in a series and didnt win.

Like in '95 against the rockets, or 2001 against the lakers. Hell even in 2004 when the spurs went up 2-0 against them in the playoffs. (sound familiar mav fans?)

As well as in 2005 in the WCF, when the sun had home court and lost the series 4-1.

So really homecourt is not always a given.

This man has been around, he knows you Spur fans like the back of his ass.

spurs1990
03-27-2007, 02:58 PM

I didn't think so.

The Spurs are scared shitless - our only hope is that possibly only 2 of the referees will be paid off by Cuban instead of all 3.

Tell you what, we'll give y'all co-ownership of our 99 title of you guys take it easy and let us take a game or two to save face in May. Please. Pretty please.

StylisticS
03-27-2007, 03:13 PM

What are you talking about? Golden State did not blow us out twice. Dallas is 2-1 against the Suns this season.

mardigan
03-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Did he really say the Mavs havent blown anyone out this year?

StylisticS
03-27-2007, 03:16 PM
whoa...i just read that part again too. To be fair, I bet he was talking about us not blowing out the contenders this once this season.

aaronstampler
03-27-2007, 04:48 PM
It doesn't really matter if we want to or not, we know there's an excellent chance of playing them if we want to win a ring, so you might as well look forward to it without fear. Personally though, hell yes I want to face them and get revenge.

mardigan
03-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Whats the phrase, to be the best you have to beat the best? Well the Mavs are the best this year, cant wait to watch the series

DubMcDub
03-27-2007, 05:47 PM

You really need to get your facts straight, and also don't be so transparent in trying to present information such that it supports your claim when really it does nothing but refute it:

-Golden State blew out Dallas only once
-Phoenix and Dallas have played 3 times. Dallas has won 2.
-SA won one game by 6 points. Dallas won 2 more recent games by an average of 4 points. I'll take the second one.

Additionally, you did a great job leaving out Houston, who Dallas blew out twice, Cleveland, who Dallas swept (how'd the Spurs fare against Cleveland?), LAL, who Dallas blew out 3 times (and the Spurs?) and Miami, who Dallas also swept (again, how'd the Spurs fare?).

samikeyp
03-27-2007, 06:28 PM

I doubt the players on either side are worried. Some fans, however, might be.

miss paxton
03-27-2007, 06:49 PM
Miami, who Dallas also swept (again, how'd the Spurs fare?).

Well, to take Miami as an example, Dallas hasn't played Miami with both Shaq and Wade yet this season. The second game was when Miami had just lost Wade the night before playing Houston, so I'd say some luck factored in there. But you play who you play. The Spurs blew out Miami at home in November--when they didn't have Shaq--and lost on the road by 15 to Miami with both Shaq and Wade. I don't think those regular season results would necessarily translate into playoff victories with a fully healthy Miami--they might, they might not.

I do agree with you that Dallas has a very good record against the better teams. To answer the original poster's question, though, I would prefer the Spurs go through the Mavs. I respect how well the Mavs have played this year and I'd like to see a great series, obviously with the Spurs winning. Respect doesn't equal fear, to me.

SpursDynasty
03-27-2007, 06:56 PM
San Antonio's lost to Cleveland, Golden State, Utah (twice), Lakers (twice), Houston (twice), Chicago, Phoenix, Miami, and of course Dallas twice. 13 losses against teams currently in the playoff hunt. Great job against those playoff level teams.

Oh, and they still lost to Charlotte and Boston.

All those losses came when the Spurs weren't playing well (Does that argument work for SA too, or just Phoenix and Dallas?)

And if I remember correctly, SA beat Phoenix and Dallas the first time they played them this season.

As long as SA ends up at .500 or better vs Dallas, Phoenix, and Utah, that is all that matters. They already beat GS and Houston twice each, so you can erase those two from your post. Chicago, Miami, and Cleveland are only of concern if they make the NBA Finals which isn't likely. SA is 2-0 vs their most likely Finals opponent, Detroit.

SpursDynasty
03-27-2007, 06:59 PM
you are the biggest dumbfuck alive.

oh, and GS didnt blow out Dallas twice.

Did I state anything that wasn't true? Or are you just mad because how bad it looks with their play against GS and Utah this year? Or with how narrow their wins have been with PHX and SA?

And you're right, GS blew out Dallas once. It was the Clippers who blew out Dallas at the start of the season. I had the wrong team.