PDA

View Full Version : Someone Explain This to Me

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-18-2004, 09:13 PM
Every time we have run a pick and roll, Philadelphia aggressively traps the play and screws it up. The entire game.

So why is it that we keep running the same damn play time after time. We're running the same fucking play right into the teeth of the Philly D. I know we've got other things in the playbook besides that.

Hell, I'm about ready to break out the dreaded 4down set. :drunk

And for the love of God...

1. no more Bowen trying to create off the dribble, it ain't working.
2. no more Malik Rose jumpers, particularly off the dribble. You can't hit it, quit shooting it.

Dex
11-18-2004, 09:18 PM
Just my 2 cents: They seem to be flushing defenders out to the perimeter and clogging the passing lanes, disrupting ball movement and our halfcourt offense. Thus, we keep trying to score on set plays, and it's no secret that the Spurs tend towards the pick and roll. Like you said though, the defense is collapsing in with the ball, trapping the pick and rolls and causing lots of over passing or bad shots.

Our ailing 3-point shot isn't helping to spread the defense at all, and Timmy has his hands full in the post. Rasho is helping with that midrange jumper, but if the Spurs don't find a hot shooter soon, this is going to be a tough run to the finish line.

Geno Billy
11-18-2004, 10:10 PM
Nice observations Dex. The Sixers really played great D the final 3 quarters. Tony is zero on the shot confidence scale. Brent didn't hit anything until the final period. That left Timmy, Rasho and Gino to do most of the scoring.

Great D by SA though. Bowen guarding AI just didn't work because of the Korver mismatch, so I'm glad Pop finally got Parker back in there on AI in the 4th.

If the Sixers have McKey and Snow tonight, the Spurs lose. Actually, the way it turned out, if the Sixers just have Snow there tonight, with AI at the 2, the Spurs lose.