PDA

View Full Version : finally its been said

macdude06
03-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Yes, Golden State was coming off a devastating loss to the Lakers on the first night of a back-to-back set. And, yes, Golden State doesn't play any defense whether it's on the second night of a back-to-back or its first game in four nights. But anyone who watched the San Antonio Spurs decimate those Warriors on Monday (102 points through three quarters) and still doesn't think this team is as good as Dallas is a nutter.

Analysts love to point out how adept the Mavericks are at beating teams a number of different ways -- and they're right -- but the Spurs are just as good in that area. Also, the team's possession per game count is nearly identical to Dallas' -- meaning the Spurs employ the combination of half-court execution and irregular bursts of transition scores just as often as the Mavs -- and San Antonio's defense has been the best in the NBA over the last 10 weeks.

This doesn't mean I'm picking the Spurs to win it all (nobody should be picking any team right now) or that I think Dallas is overrated. I just get a sneaky feeling that this postseason is going to blow March Madness out of the water. Billy Packer will be hibernating by late April, so that's a start.

SI

JamStone
03-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Spurs shouldn't have lost to the Milwaukee Bucks and Boston Celtics in back-to-back games this late in the season.

mabber
03-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Yes, Golden State was coming off a devastating loss to the Lakers on the first night of a back-to-back set. And, yes, Golden State doesn't play any defense whether it's on the second night of a back-to-back or its first game in four nights. But anyone who watched the San Antonio Spurs decimate those Warriors on Monday (102 points through three quarters) and still doesn't think this team is as good as Dallas is a nutter.

Analysts love to point out how adept the Mavericks are at beating teams a number of different ways -- and they're right -- but the Spurs are just as good in that area. Also, the team's possession per game count is nearly identical to Dallas' -- meaning the Spurs employ the combination of half-court execution and irregular bursts of transition scores just as often as the Mavs -- and San Antonio's defense has been the best in the NBA over the last 10 weeks.

This doesn't mean I'm picking the Spurs to win it all (nobody should be picking any team right now) or that I think Dallas is overrated. I just get a sneaky feeling that this postseason is going to blow March Madness out of the water. Billy Packer will be hibernating by late April, so that's a start.
SI

Yes, that's a great start. I'm not a fan of Packer. He's a bitter, old man.

cheguevara
03-27-2007, 03:29 PM
or maybe the Warriors just had a bad game. happens.

macdude06
03-27-2007, 03:35 PM
bad game?? it was terrible....didnt we keep two starters scoreless??? just like the guy said...best defense in the past 10 weeks

LAKERS4LIFE
03-27-2007, 03:40 PM

SI

STOP SUCKING YOUR COCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Who gives a fuck what other people say?

Just Believe Motha Fucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!