PDA

View Full Version : 2006-2007 Awards Predictions

1Parker1
03-27-2007, 07:45 PM
COY: Jerry Sloane. Though I think Avery probably deserves it as much, Sloane is overdue.

DPOY: Tim Duncan...I'm calling it now.

MIP: Kevin Martin

6th Man: Barbosa...I think Pop will return Manu to the starting lineup before he can qualify for this award.

MVP: Dirk. As I said in another thread...I think a lot of Dirk's success this season is really attributed to Avery, he'll probably get the award since Nash won't get it 3 years in a row, Kobe's team doesn't win as much, and Duncan always goes under the radar for this award.

Who are your votes? :)

mikejones99
03-27-2007, 07:48 PM
all nba Tim Dork KG Kobe Nash

Leetonidas
03-27-2007, 07:49 PM
COY: Avery Johnson

DPOY: Tim Duncan

MIP: Monta Ellis

6th Man: Leandro Barbosa

MVP: Dirk Nowitzki

mikejones99
03-27-2007, 07:54 PM
mvp Tim Duncan

dbreiden83080
03-27-2007, 07:54 PM
COY: Avery Johnson

Wait a minute Timmy for DPOY wasn't it 20 games in where everyone was saying his D sucks big time.

1Parker1
03-27-2007, 07:55 PM
all nba Tim Dork KG Kobe Nash

All NBA First Team: Duncan, Dirk, Lebron, Kobe, Nash

1Parker1
03-27-2007, 07:56 PM
Wait a minute Timmy for DPOY wasn't it 20 games in where everyone was saying his D sucks big time.

He wasn' trying. You think Ben Wallace played great defense 82 games every season he won it?

dbreiden83080
03-27-2007, 07:57 PM
He wasn' trying. You think Ben Wallace played great defense 82 games every season he won it?

I hope he gets it i just didn't realize some thought he has been so much better that he now deserves the DPOY award.

1Parker1
03-27-2007, 08:01 PM
I hope he gets it i just didn't realize some thought he has been so much better that he now deserves the DPOY award.

He has improved vastly in his defensive efforts. He's the main reason the Spurs as a team have improved defensively...once he started playing it the rest of the team started following suit.

As much I think Bowen is long overdue for the award, I do think based on this season alone Duncan deserves it over him. I'd love for either to get it, but I think Duncan will this season....

dbreiden83080
03-27-2007, 08:06 PM
He has improved vastly in his defensive efforts. He's the main reason the Spurs as a team have improved defensively...once he started playing it the rest of the team started following suit.

As much I think Bowen is long overdue for the award, I do think based on this season alone Duncan deserves it over him. I'd love for either to get it, but I think Duncan will this season....

What other stats are used as a measure of gauging a defensive year other than blocks. Tim is Avg 2.3 right now pretty good but others have more.

AFE7FATMAN
03-27-2007, 08:12 PM
COY: Jerry Sloane. Though I think Avery probably deserves it as much, Sloane is overdue.

6th Man: Barbosa...I think Pop will return Manu to the starting lineup before he can qualify for this award.

MVP: Dirk. As I said in another thread...I think a lot of Dirk's success this season is really attributed to Avery, he'll probably get the award since Nash won't get it 3 years in a row, Kobe's team doesn't win as much, and Duncan always goes under the radar for this award.

I agree with you, except I don't think Sloan will get it. Politics.
also Bowen is overdue as the DPOY

I think Sam Mitchell will be the COY
and
Ex of the year will be Danny Ferry

ShoogarBear
03-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Sloan is a cinch precisely because of politics. Every sportswriter in America starts a story on him with "It's unbelievable that he's never won a COY." Plus he deserves it, too. Although I might have given it to Gumby for holding the Rockets together without Yao.

DPOY: Bowen, because of sportswriter politics again in that he should have won at least one already. I haven't heard any big groundswell of support for Duncan. Bruce has lost maybe a step--MAYBE. But Duncan has certainly lost even more than Bruce defensively compared to 3-4 years ago.

6th Man: Manu will get it if he qualifies and if he doesn't have another slump like the one he just broke out of. Otherwise, Barbosa.

MVP: Dirk, unless he pulls another craptacular choke job on national TV before the season ends.

Executive of the Year will be Bryan Colangelo, hands down.

TMTTRIO
03-27-2007, 08:31 PM
6th Man: Manu will get it if he qualifies and if he doesn't have another slump like the one he just broke out of. Otherwise, Barbosa.
Unfortunately I don't see Manu winning it period even if he played well the rest of the way the way Barbosa is playing from the bench. I'd have to say Barbosa wins the 6MOY award.

Darkwaters
03-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Is Andris Biedrins not going to get any love for MIP? I think his transformation is phenomenal. Kevin Martin was playing at a high level last year anyways. Look at Biedrins' numbers from last year to this year...

PPG 3.8 --> 10.2
RPG 4.2 --> 9.7
APG 0.4 --> 1.1
BPG 0.7 --> 1.8

DON VITO
03-27-2007, 10:01 PM
You are all forgetting ROY. ROY will be Roy.

TDMVPDPOY
03-27-2007, 10:17 PM
mvp = tim duncan
dpoy = tim duncan
mip = tim duncan

td4mvp21
03-27-2007, 10:53 PM
COY: Jerry Sloan

xcoriate
03-28-2007, 04:00 AM
COY: Jerry Sloan

6th Man: Manu Ginobili

EOY: Jerry Colangelo

ROY: Brandon Roy

oh and btw, Danny Ferry for exec of the year is ridiculous he has been widely criticized.

mountainballer
03-28-2007, 04:28 AM
Ex of the year will be Danny Ferry

are you serious?
Ferry did a lousy job.

Colangelo is IMO far ahead of all others and O'Connor should also get some credit.
he was heavily criticised for signing Boozer, he was blamed to have overpayed on Okur and many claimed he picked the worng PG. I guess today it looks quite different. Okur and Boozer build one of the best frontcourts in the league (still young and with some upside left) and Williams is exactly the right player to run this team. (Paul might be the better player overall, but I'm not sure if he was the right fit with Jazz and Sloan's stile)

mountainballer
03-28-2007, 04:34 AM
Is Andris Biedrins not going to get any love for MIP? I think his transformation is phenomenal. Kevin Martin was playing at a high level last year anyways. Look at Biedrins' numbers from last year to this year...

PPG 3.8 --> 10.2
RPG 4.2 --> 9.7
APG 0.4 --> 1.1
BPG 0.7 --> 1.8

agree on Biedrins as MIP. he also made the biggest jump considering the role and impact on the team.

mabber
03-28-2007, 07:59 AM

20 games ago a lot of you were saying the Spurs sucked :rolleyes

Summers
03-28-2007, 11:03 AM
mvp = tim duncan
dpoy = tim duncan
mip = tim duncan

Not that we're biased or anything. :)

bdictjames
03-28-2007, 11:10 AM
I think Tyson's gonna win DPOY. But Timmy has a chance, but I still have the feeling Tyson's gonna get it.

Timmy All-NBA first team and All-Defensive First Team

Roy for ROY

Jerry Sloan for COY

Dirt/Dork (or whatever his name is) for MVP

MIP - Martin

ShoogarBear
03-28-2007, 11:10 AM
roy = tim duncan

TDMVPDPOY
03-28-2007, 11:21 AM
dont put words in mouth man :D

bdictjames
03-28-2007, 11:25 AM
D-Wade - best male actor
Nowitzki - best male actress

:lol:

Supergirl
03-28-2007, 11:42 AM

I agree with all of yours except I don't think Kevin Martin will get MIP - he's been pretty erratic although he has had a breakout season.

I think Deron Williams will get MIP. And I agree with TD getting DPOY, Dirk getting MVP (unless Kobe wows everyone so much he gets it), Barbosa for 6th man, and Sloan for COY.

duncan228
03-28-2007, 12:35 PM
it would be a nice touch on Duncan's resume to get DPOY

Agreed. Not much else he's missing.

Darkwaters
03-28-2007, 01:54 PM
I think Tyson's gonna win DPOY. But Timmy has a chance, but I still have the feeling Tyson's gonna get it.

Timmy All-NBA first team and All-Defensive First Team

Roy for ROY

Jerry Sloan for COY

Dirt/Dork (or whatever his name is) for MVP

MIP - Martin

Tyson? Tyson Chandler? I can't think of any other Tyson in the league.

Lebowski Brickowski
03-28-2007, 03:49 PM
mvp = tim duncan
dpoy = tim duncan
mip = tim duncan
don't forget Tim winning coach and executive honors as well. :toast

LEONARD
03-28-2007, 04:06 PM
COY: AJ

DPOY: JHo

MIP: D Harris

6th Man: Stack

MVP: Dirk

Clean Mavs sweep this year... :fro

romain.star
03-28-2007, 04:27 PM
after a long and deep analysis of the 06/07 NBA season, i'd go for:
Steve Francis (or Kirilenko) : MIP
Stojakovic : DPOY
Jasikevicius: 6th man
Z Randolph: MVP

bdictjames
03-28-2007, 04:46 PM
Tyson? Tyson Chandler? I can't think of any other Tyson in the league.
Yeah duh he's like in the top 5 in rebounds and assists he's one reason why the Hornets have still been on the playoff race without Paul and Peja