PDA

View Full Version : Bucks@Mavs GAME THREAD!!

Dirk Nowitzki
03-27-2007, 11:41 PM
Here we go again Mav fans! After a dominant road trip our boys return home to play the lottery bound Bucks! Dirk should be feeling even better and they will recieve a warm welcome from the home crowd! My advice to Buck fans...watch Jerico or the Pussycat Dolls. Are you ready??? LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! :clap :clap

ducks
03-27-2007, 11:42 PM
time bucks win
redd will go off
oh and another loss and no 70 win season

ponky
03-27-2007, 11:42 PM
lol, you're too funny. mavs back at home, dirk only played 23 min. tonight, no bogut, no villanueva, no win for the bucks. mavs will get their 60th win tomorrow night, book it.

ducks
03-27-2007, 11:44 PM
did you predict an easy win over gs to ?

ponky
03-27-2007, 11:45 PM
time bucks win
redd will go off
oh and another loss and no 70 win season

we're not the spurs, we're not getting swept by the bucks. anyway, you do realize we can allow one more loss and still get that 70? i don't care if the mavs make it to that mark or not, 68 is what i want from a statistics p.o.v. but the way you posted, doesn't seem like you were aware that they had 11 not 12 losses.

ponky
03-27-2007, 11:46 PM

he's predicted an easy win over 70 teams this season...he's been right 59 times...what's your point?

Dirk Nowitzki
03-27-2007, 11:47 PM

Ehh our streak ended. At this point until late April, staying healthy and hungry is all I care about.

Dirk Nowitzki
03-27-2007, 11:47 PM
he's predicted an easy win over 70 teams this season...he's been right 59 times...what's your point?
:clap :clap I have been on a roll calling games before tipoff!! :)

ponky
03-27-2007, 11:49 PM
:clap :clap I have been on a roll calling games before tipoff!! :)

:lol :lol :lol :toast

Findog
03-28-2007, 07:20 AM

Who cares? They're three behind the Clippers in the loss column with 10 to play. We'll see them once again in the regular season and that's it.

big3bigD
03-28-2007, 01:07 PM

GS is one of those teams, like the Clippers, that have historically been sub-par teams, but for some reason always play the Mavs vey tough. I think that most mavs fans go into a reguler season game with the Warriors knowing that anything can happen.

It would be an entirely different story if those two teams met in the post-season for a seven game series however. GS wouldn't win more than one game, if they even got that....

BUMP
03-28-2007, 01:11 PM
despite what the haters can say, the Mavs incredible season will reach another milestone tonight. after a 6-0 road trip, they return home and get to get their 60th win in front of the home crowd

:toast

Bookit
03-28-2007, 02:21 PM

Didn't the Spurs lose to GS this season also?

sandman
03-28-2007, 02:25 PM
despite what the haters can say, the Mavs incredible season will reach another milestone tonight. after a 6-0 road trip, they return home and get to get their 60th win in front of the home crowd

:toast

You do realize that you are talking about the team that will have won 60 games three times in the last seven years including this year, will have averaged 59 wins per season in those last seven years, and is the defending Western Conference champions?

Incredible, Milestone and 60 wins do not belong in the same sentence. One would think that Mavs fans would have come to expect 60 wins seasons.

ponky
03-28-2007, 02:43 PM
You do realize that you are talking about the team that will have won 60 games three times in the last seven years including this year, will have averaged 59 wins per season in those last seven years, and is the defending Western Conference champions?

Incredible, Milestone and 60 wins do not belong in the same sentence. One would think that Mavs fans would have come to expect 60 wins seasons.

no, we don't....maybe spurs fans are used to such achievements but mavs fans don't take anything for granted so we'll celebrate every accomplishment and not just act like it's no big thang. i guess winning 14 division titles but coming up short 11 times has jaded some spurs fans

AFBlue
03-28-2007, 02:46 PM
no, we don't....maybe spurs fans are used to such achievements but mavs fans don't take anything for granted so we'll celebrate every accomplishment and not just act like it's no big thang. i guess winning 14 division titles but coming up short 11 times has jaded some spurs fans

Mavs fans may not, but the team sure does. How do you follow a great 7-game series against the Spurs to that NBA Finals performance? Taking shit for granted...that's how.

SpursDynasty
03-28-2007, 02:49 PM
we're not the spurs, we're not getting swept by the bucks. anyway, you do realize we can allow one more loss and still get that 70? i don't care if the mavs make it to that mark or not, 68 is what i want from a statistics p.o.v. but the way you posted, doesn't seem like you were aware that they had 11 not 12 losses.

Well, if you want to talk in "My team beat the team you're playing tonight" terms, because 59 wins still doesn't make Dallas better anyway with no title... SA has 2 wins over Golden State. Dallas has two losses to them.

And that matters more because GS is a possible first round opponent for Dallas.

Now that both teams are at the 50+ mark, 59 wins doesn't look like all that much more than 50.

ponky
03-28-2007, 02:51 PM
Mavs fans may not, but the team sure does. How do you follow a great 7-game series against the Spurs to that NBA Finals performance? Taking shit for granted...that's how.

mavs fucked up no doubt, but they've continued to improve each year since they've been in the playoffs with one exception. i expect that they won't take anything for granted this season, otherwise they would've folded early on in the season from such an embarrasing and devastating loss which is what i thought they were doing the first couple of games this season.

SpursDynasty
03-28-2007, 02:51 PM

Wow, that's a HUGE attempt to try and make 3 championships look like nothing. It's so obvious how hard you tried there. :lol

That's like saying....I played the lottery 200 times but only won the jackpot once. :lol

ponky
03-28-2007, 02:55 PM
Well, if you want to talk in "My team beat the team you're playing tonight" terms, because 59 wins still doesn't make Dallas better anyway with no title... SA has 2 wins over Golden State. Dallas has two losses to them.

keep those fingers crossed dumbnuts. golden state has a tougher schedule than the clippers form here on out and the clippers are sitting on a two game lead with 12 games to go. this *possible* first round matchup makes about as much sense as talking about how the spurs could get swept by the cavs if they met later on because the cavs swept the regular season.

leemajors
03-28-2007, 02:56 PM
:soapbox: :soapbox: :ban: :spam: :spam: :flypig

AFBlue
03-28-2007, 02:56 PM
mavs fucked up no doubt, but they've continued to improve each year since they've been in the playoffs with one exception. i expect that they won't take anything for granted this season, otherwise they would've folded early on in the season from such an embarrasing and devastating loss which is what i thought they were doing the first couple of games this season.

Honestly, I try to stay out of the Mavs-Spurs debates as much as possible...but that set up was soo good. Very good response though. :tu

ponky
03-28-2007, 02:59 PM
Wow, that's a HUGE attempt to try and make 3 championships look like nothing. It's so obvious how hard you tried there. :lol

That's like saying....I played the lottery 200 times but only won the jackpot once. :lol

i've never said as much. on several threads i've mentioned the three rings as being very impressive accomplishments and something that spurs fans will always cherish as part of their team's history. however, to talk about it all the fucking time like it's the only thing you need to get through the playoffs year in and year out is stupid and naive. the reason i mentioned it now is because pre-1999 championship (when you were five), the spurs fans were in the same boat, cheering the spurs when they won a division title or did well in the playoffs.

SpursDynasty
03-28-2007, 03:00 PM
keep those fingers crossed dumbnuts. golden state has a tougher schedule than the clippers form here on out and the clippers are sitting on a two game lead with 12 games to go. this *possible* first round matchup makes about as much sense as talking about how the spurs could get swept by the cavs if they met later on because the cavs swept the regular season.

I wouldn't mind SA getting seed #8 so they can help weed out the average teams from the great teams by the time round 2 starts.

monosylab1k
03-28-2007, 03:00 PM

Worst analogy ever? Let's discuss.

ponky
03-28-2007, 03:01 PM
I wouldn't mind SA getting seed #8 so they can help weed out the average teams from the great teams by the time round 2 starts.

weak

leemajors
03-28-2007, 03:04 PM

you're really on a roll here.

SpursDynasty
03-28-2007, 03:04 PM
weak

I'm not getting into a smack talk with someone whose favorite Maverick is the mascot of chokers.

I didn't say anything that most Spurs fans wouldn't agree with.

ponky
03-28-2007, 03:12 PM
I'm not getting into a smack talk with someone whose favorite Maverick is the mascot of chokers.

(READ: I'm not getting into a smack talk with someone who knows something about basketball because I'm just a blithering homer who only knows how to blindly cheer for the Spurs. I didn't answer her posts when she pwned me in the Spurs forum because I don't know shit so I'll just run away now and hope she buys my witty reference about the mascot.)

mardigan
03-28-2007, 03:21 PM

Youve said about 5 things on this thread alone that I dont agree with.

ponky
03-28-2007, 03:23 PM

spursdynasty is like the amarelooms of spurs fans :lol

mardigan
03-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Im not going to take anything away from the Spurs this year, they are a really good team with potential to go all the way. With that said, its pretty hard to argue that the Mavs arent the team to beat. When opposing fans start having to pick apart a TRYOUT for a 3rd string center, your team is doing something right

monosylab1k
03-28-2007, 03:26 PM
spursdynasty is like the amarelooms of spurs fans :lol

just take his posts and switch places wherever you see "Mavs" and "Spurs"...replace "Golden State" with "Milwaukee"...replace "3 rings" with "70 win pace".....

....and finally add these :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant and voila! SpursDynasty IS Amarelooms!

sandman
03-28-2007, 03:27 PM
i've never said as much. on several threads i've mentioned the three rings as being very impressive accomplishments and something that spurs fans will always cherish as part of their team's history. however, to talk about it all the fucking time like it's the only thing you need to get through the playoffs year in and year out is stupid and naive. the reason i mentioned it now is because pre-1999 championship (when you were five), the spurs fans were in the same boat, cheering the spurs when they won a division title or did well in the playoffs.

If I could clarify: My original point was that Dallas has been averaging 59 wins a season for the last seven seasons. One can be proud of the success, but the use of "incredible" and "milestone" in accomplishing a win total that is one higher than your 7-year average is being a bit obsessive with attempting to recognize the "greatness" of this years team. If this is truly a great team, it will be validated in June.

And yes, I am sure that as Spurs fans we have collectively come to expect more than 50 wins a year and first round exits in the playoffs. We gave away those expectations to the Rockets fans about 10 years ago. I think you are kidding yourself if you think that anything less than 60 wins from the Mavs is acceptable to the majority of mavs fans. Not after 7 years of performing at that level, even if it hasn't as of yet garnished a championship.

ponky
03-28-2007, 03:50 PM
If I could clarify: My original point was that Dallas has been averaging 59 wins a season for the last seven seasons. One can be proud of the success, but the use of "incredible" and "milestone" in accomplishing a win total that is one higher than your 7-year average is being a bit obsessive with attempting to recognize the "greatness" of this years team. If this is truly a great team, it will be validated in June.

And yes, I am sure that as Spurs fans we have collectively come to expect more than 50 wins a year and first round exits in the playoffs. We gave away those expectations to the Rockets fans about 10 years ago. I think you are kidding yourself if you think that anything less than 60 wins from the Mavs is acceptable to the majority of mavs fans. Not after 7 years of performing at that level, even if it hasn't as of yet garnished a championship.

i see your point and to some extent, i agree with you. however, the mavs season is not over and if they get to 68 wins i will be more than excited because of historical stats and what those teams have done. of course, if they don't win then i will cry in my little pillow for a week then get up and get ready for the tennis and soccer season (yes, tennis).

mavs seven years of performance has not been the same, consistent style all seven years. while they did have some good runs in the nelson years, they were never going to do anything big with the all O run and gun style. it was frustrating to watch the last season nelson coached.

as for the majority of mavs fans? haha, mostly bandwagon homers who will probably give up on the mavs if they don't secure a ring this year.

miss paxton
03-28-2007, 05:15 PM
This is a surprisingly entertaining thread. For the record, just in case anyone is wondering, I, as a Spurs fan, would prefer the Spurs not somehow slip to the 8th seed. Not that I'm worried about it happening, I'm just sayin'. And I'm not worried about the Spurs playing Dallas. When/if they meet, I'll be looking forward to it.

then get up and get ready for the tennis and soccer season (yes, tennis).

I remember when I used to care about tennis. From about 1982 to 2001 I really cared about it a lot. Wimbledon and the U.S. Open made the long summer bearable (I cannot stand MLB, so from June until football season is a long stretch for me). Then one day, I just didn't care about tennis anymore. I guess all my favorites finally retired and I don't connect with the young players. For some reason the same age issue doesn't affect me in the team sports.

Sorry--was this thread about Dallas playing Milwaukee?

ponky
03-28-2007, 05:33 PM
This is a surprisingly entertaining thread. For the record, just in case anyone is wondering, I, as a Spurs fan, would prefer the Spurs not somehow slip to the 8th seed. Not that I'm worried about it happening, I'm just sayin'. And I'm not worried about the Spurs playing Dallas. When/if they meet, I'll be looking forward to it.

I remember when I used to care about tennis. From about 1982 to 2001 I really cared about it a lot. Wimbledon and the U.S. Open made the long summer bearable (I cannot stand MLB, so from June until football season is a long stretch for me). Then one day, I just didn't care about tennis anymore. I guess all my favorites finally retired and I don't connect with the young players. For some reason the same age issue doesn't affect me in the team sports.

Sorry--was this thread about Dallas playing Milwaukee?

LOL, your post was also entertaining. I liked the older peeps in tennis as well, although I don't know if we're talking about the same people. I'm more of a late 80s-90s person so I used to watch Becker, Edberg, Graff, Sabatini but I like some of the younger crowd now, and watching Agassi make a comeback of sorts has been fun. I don't really get all excited about the Russian invasion on the women's side but the Spanish guys are fun to watch, as is the perfection that is a.k.a. Federer. I like to go to the U.S. Open in person, it's a very fun sporting event to attend from a fan perspective.

Budkin
03-28-2007, 06:01 PM
Where ya been Dirk?

miss paxton
03-28-2007, 06:04 PM
One of my happiest sports memories was watching Boris Becker win Wimbledon in 1985. Perhaps not coincidentally, my last happy tennis memory was seeing Goran Ivanisevic finally--finally--win Wimbledon in 2001. Maybe, with my favorite having finally achieved his goal, there was nothing more for me to see. On the women's side, I loved Steffi Graf. I also was always fond of Chanda Rubin; she could teach a lot of athletes how to never think you're out of the game. Too bad she was injured so much, plus she was ultimately just a little too small and playing right when the women were getting really big and powerful.

I can't stand Martina Hingis, which reminds me of another one of my all-time favorite sports memories--Hingis losing to Graf and simultaneously self-destructing at the French Open in 1999. I always felt Hingis got lucky in 1997 due to most of the top competition being injured, as I recall, (thank you, Iva Majoli, for winning the French that year) and it was so sweet to see Steffi show her she just might have been a fluke. Especially when Hingis had allegedly been so dismissive of Steffi for being old and being unable to keep up with the game.

All right, enough hijacking. Sorry.

SpursDynasty
03-28-2007, 06:28 PM
You can hate me, but in conclusion and I will not post on this thread again, I do not think the Mavs will win the championship. Big deal. Get over it. Not everyone thinks the same team is the best. It's not false hope or wishful thinking, that is my honest opinion. They have no killer instinct, they are mentally weak in tight situations. If the Mavs win the NBA Finals last year, then they're the best, but that loss just makes me as a fan not really respect them as anything other than a solid basketball team who can win most games they're supposed to. They are like Sacramento in 2002 to me.

The Spurs have just as good a chance as anyone.

But the Mavs do not have the best chance.

If you're not satisfied with 17 wins in 19 games for SA, then we could probably go 81-1 on the season and not be satisfied because Dallas went 82-0. It's all relative to how they are doing anyway, right?

If the Mavs don't win the Finals this year, I'm scared to ask you Mavs fans what a 69 or 70 win season means...

ponky
03-28-2007, 07:12 PM
One of my happiest sports memories was watching Boris Becker win Wimbledon in 1985. Perhaps not coincidentally, my last happy tennis memory was seeing Goran Ivanisevic finally--finally--win Wimbledon in 2001. Maybe, with my favorite having finally achieved his goal, there was nothing more for me to see. On the women's side, I loved Steffi Graf. I also was always fond of Chanda Rubin; she could teach a lot of athletes how to never think you're out of the game. Too bad she was injured so much, plus she was ultimately just a little too small and playing right when the women were getting really big and powerful.

I can't stand Martina Hingis, which reminds me of another one of my all-time favorite sports memories--Hingis losing to Graf and simultaneously self-destructing at the French Open in 1999. I always felt Hingis got lucky in 1997 due to most of the top competition being injured, as I recall, (thank you, Iva Majoli, for winning the French that year) and it was so sweet to see Steffi show her she just might have been a fluke. Especially when Hingis had allegedly been so dismissive of Steffi for being old and being unable to keep up with the game.

All right, enough hijacking. Sorry.

Wow, you sound so much like me when it comes to tennis. I will never forget when Ivanisevic finally won Wimbledon, that was a special moment. Steffi and Becker were some of my favorites as well and I couldn't stand Martina Hingis, probably my least favorite tennis player ever. Remember when Steffi won Wimbledon and Jana Novotna broke down and started sobbing on the Duchess of Kent's arm? Another priceless moment.

mardigan
03-28-2007, 07:37 PM
I though this was a game blog, and all I see is tennis

StylisticS
03-28-2007, 07:39 PM
I though this was a game blog, and all I see is tennis

Was Serena playing :clap

sandeepgm
03-28-2007, 07:44 PM
I dont know how surprising it is to see people liking becker and graff. My favorite happened to be becker too and one of the greatest moments for me was to see him winning his last slam. I think it was the australian open.

I too remember the ivanesevic victory. Didnt his fried or somebody pass away a little before that? Anyway it was quite an emotional and well desrved victory for him

BUMP
03-28-2007, 08:00 PM

sorry but we actually support our team. a 60 (probably 65-70) win season obviously takes a lot of hard work. so im glad the fans support this team even though it doesnt guarantee a championship. Spurs fans should do the same. you guys are having a great season as well. if you dont pay any due to your team unless they win a championship then your a spoiled fan.

dallasmavsnfuego214
03-28-2007, 08:06 PM
they've continued to improve each year since they've been in the playoffs with one exception.

thats really a great point Ponky. Mavs are taking steps right now. the Spurs did the same in the 90's. they didnt just go out and win the championship their first year in the playoffs. in fact, i believe they had the best record in 94 (?) and didnt win it. were they labeled chokers? no. they won later because it takes experience, in fact the Mavs have never been the best team in the West until this year, so its not like they are the favorites every year with a easy walk to the championship and choke it away every year. last year yes, we were favored but that was also our first finals.

it takes experience and the Mavs have it now.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-28-2007, 08:24 PM
ponky a tennis fan? awesome!

when all is said and done, do you think federer may go down as the greatest to ever play the game? also, roddick is probably the most overrated tennis player of the last 10 years.

bucks lookin good so far

Pugglekicker_21
03-28-2007, 08:43 PM
Does Dirk's injury contribute to their being down at the half?

Pugglekicker_21
03-28-2007, 08:43 PM
well losing to the same guy twice wont help that rep.....

Amuseddaysleeper
03-28-2007, 08:45 PM
oops nevermind

Leetonidas
03-28-2007, 08:49 PM
Can someone update me on Dirk's injury?

dallasmavsnfuego214
03-28-2007, 08:58 PM
Mavs need to tighten the D

dallasmavsnfuego214
03-28-2007, 08:59 PM

rolled ankle, out for the rest of the game probably precautionary as he was playing through it but Avery took him out

pking
03-28-2007, 09:00 PM

ankle. done for the night. they didn't seem to think it was that serious before halftime but he played 1 minute in the third then AJ pulled him.

Pugglekicker_21
03-28-2007, 09:02 PM
That sucks, I heard he was a few points away from 15,000 career......

BUMP
03-28-2007, 09:03 PM

yeah thats really the most im worried about. its not serious

pking
03-28-2007, 09:03 PM
he needed 18 to get there -- he scored 17 in the first half :lol

mardigan
03-28-2007, 09:05 PM
Damn, that sucks hope hes allright

BUMP
03-28-2007, 09:21 PM
Terry is the man

84-81 Milwaukee end of third but Terry hits a buzzer beater three. our D needs to step up.

LETS GO MAVS

Leetonidas
03-28-2007, 09:22 PM
Let's go Bucks!

Bucks are a tough team versus the top teams...

BUMP
03-28-2007, 09:29 PM
88-86 Bucks free throws coming up for Terry.

no Dirk lets see if they can pull it out.

SpursDynasty
03-28-2007, 09:29 PM
I hope Milwaukee wins tonight. We can't have Dallas winning 70 games. Now, Houston vs Clippers ...I'd rather see Clippers lose so GS can they get seed #8, but neither Houston nor Clippers belong in the playoffs at all.

pking
03-28-2007, 09:35 PM
I hope Milwaukee wins tonight. We can't have Dallas winning 70 games. Now, Houston vs Clippers ...I'd rather see Clippers lose so GS can they get seed #8, but neither Houston nor Clippers belong in the playoffs at all.

Houston doesn't belong in the playoffs?

BUMP
03-28-2007, 09:36 PM
93-88 Bucks with 6:39 remaining. with no Dirk Mavs are in some trouble.

stick around Spurs faithful

BUMP
03-28-2007, 09:41 PM
HA HA! YES!! tie game 95-95

pussyface
03-28-2007, 09:42 PM
tie game.
stackhouse wont let us lose

pussyface
03-28-2007, 09:42 PM
he should turn that 3 he just hit as a theme for one of his upcoming gospel records

BUMP
03-28-2007, 09:46 PM
now Howards hurt too :madrun

99-97 Milwaukee with 2:30 left

nkdlunch
03-28-2007, 09:47 PM
score? espn said 97-95 bucks

Amuseddaysleeper
03-28-2007, 09:48 PM

damn, this is a great game

and some of you mavs fans were giving us spurs fans shit for dropping a game to the bucks

even though the mavs lost nowitzki, the bucks are much better than their record indicates

BUMP
03-28-2007, 09:50 PM
tied @ 103

1:04 left

BUMP
03-28-2007, 09:50 PM
STOLEN BY DIOP!!!

timeout 38 seconds left still tied up

BUMP
03-28-2007, 09:53 PM
Yesssssssss!!!!!!!!!!

BUMP
03-28-2007, 09:55 PM
9.3 left, Dallas up 105-103, but its Milwaukee's ball timeout

Amuseddaysleeper
03-28-2007, 09:56 PM
damn, those ft's coulda iced the game

monosylab1k
03-28-2007, 09:56 PM
Dear Ghost of Santa Claus, can the Mavericks please make their FUCKING FREE THROWS IN CRUNCH TIME!!?!?!?!!!!?!?!?!?!?!!!!

Leetonidas
03-28-2007, 09:57 PM

What happened to Howard?

nkdlunch
03-28-2007, 09:57 PM
I hope mavs win 70+

the more pressure on them in playoffs. and you know how they handle that.

BUMP
03-28-2007, 09:58 PM
WHEW!

60-11

:elephant :elephant

phyzik
Diop with the choke, could easily been a loss or OT game.

Amuseddaysleeper
yeah i don' get why you guys have he FT issue considering your #1 ft team in the league

at least you got the win

Pugglekicker_21
03-28-2007, 09:59 PM
channel? by the time I get there....

BUMP
03-28-2007, 10:00 PM
I hope mavs win 70+

yeah me too

SpursDynasty
03-28-2007, 10:00 PM
Ok...so the Mavs stole one tonight. They still have Utah, Phoenix, SA, and Golden State on their schedule. Atleast 1 of those, and some other team needs to give Dallas two more losses so they can't hit 70.

I'm still not impressed.

monosylab1k
03-28-2007, 10:01 PM
I didn't expect Diop to make his FT's......but as far as Terry and Stack go, that really pisses me off.....fuckin' hell, this team has got to do something to fix this goddamn bullshit at the line....seriously is there any way to teach HITTING A FUCKIN' FREE THROW with just a LITTLE BIT OF PRESSURE?????

Just glad we won.....if this was a playoff team we were facing, the Mavericks wouldn't have.

BUMP
:elephant

monosylab1k
Ok...so the Mavs stole one tonight. They still have Utah, Phoenix, SA, and Golden State on their schedule. Atleast 1 of those, and some other team needs to give Dallas two more losses so they can't hit 70.

I'm still not impressed.

eat a dick.

phyzik
03-28-2007, 10:02 PM

I'm still not impressed.

:lol

Man, you are going for the uber-jinx on the Spurs, aren't you?

quit being an ass.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-28-2007, 10:04 PM
i dont think the mavs care to hit 70 wins (except for that showboating moron terry) as much as getting the ring

stretch
03-28-2007, 10:05 PM
i was very happy with the crunch-time defense of this team. they made stop after stop when they needed them, and played some damn good defense. i really dont give a shit about the FTs. im much more interested in whether they can shut teams down in crunch time, and they show that they do. sometimes shot are and arent going to fall, but as long as they can keep their opponents from scoring, im happy.

monosylab1k
03-28-2007, 10:06 PM
i dont think the mavs care to hit 70 wins (except for that showboating moron terry) as much as getting the ring

I don't really think Terry is showboating....he mostly does that stuff to pump up the fans (if you haven't noticed, Dallas fans have a little trouble getting pumped up for a game, hence Terry and then Humble Billy screaming DEFENSE over the PA constantly to hide the fact that nobody in the crowd is into the game). But if i were a fan of another team, I'd probably find his antics annoying too.

pking
03-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Terry, eh?

I don't think they care at all. Fans care, the media cares...

BUMP
03-28-2007, 10:07 PM
that showboating moron terry)

a damn good moron.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-28-2007, 10:08 PM
a damn good moron.

this is true

he has a sweet J

RonMexico
03-28-2007, 10:10 PM
Humble Billy and Jason Terry are neck-and-neck in the race for who RonMexico wants to punch in the face first... and then give them herpes (in a hetero manner, of course).

But those Bucks are tricky... the Suns escaped a home game from them in the final seconds months ago.... and shortly thereafter Boris Diaw missed a million FTs in the 4th quarter for them to lose to some shit team.

monosylab1k
03-28-2007, 10:10 PM
i was very happy with the crunch-time defense of this team. they made stop after stop when they needed them, and played some damn good defense. i really dont give a shit about the FTs. im much more interested in whether they can shut teams down in crunch time, and they show that they do. sometimes shot are and arent going to fall, but as long as they can keep their opponents from scoring, im happy.

I don't wanna sound like SpursDynasty over here, but did the Mavs REALLY shut the Bucks down....or did the Bucks show just how talentless and awful they are by constantly handing the ball back to Dallas?

That last defensive play against Redd was really good though.

ponky
03-28-2007, 10:12 PM
ponky a tennis fan? awesome!

when all is said and done, do you think federer may go down as the greatest to ever play the game? also, roddick is probably the most overrated tennis player of the last 10 years.

bucks lookin good so far

lol, yes federer is looking great in terms of all the bling he's collecting...i hate roddick but it's kind of sad how all the hype preceded his development, a lot of pressure on a guy to take over from americans like sampras and agassi

BUMP
03-28-2007, 10:13 PM
I don't wanna sound like SpursDynasty over here, but did the Mavs REALLY shut the Bucks down....or did the Bucks show just how talentless and awful they are by constantly handing the ball back to Dallas?

That last defensive play against Redd was really good though.

well i will sound like SpursDynasty then.

YES, the Bucks gave the game away completely although Dallas hit some huge shots but in the final 1:30 the Bucks tried to lose the game. if Dallas were playing against any playoff team they wouldve lost. but the win is all that matters

RonMexico
03-28-2007, 10:13 PM
Oh, and I forgot to add Pink Clappy-Hands Guy who Sits Courtside to my previous list.

stretch
03-28-2007, 10:14 PM
i thought that their overall defensive pressure was what pushed them into mistakes. they rotated extremely well. no one had any good looks, or even a good lane for driving or passing. Harris did a GREAT job on Redd in the final 5 minutes. i think the only shot that Redd was even able to get off in those minutes was that last one.

BUMP
03-28-2007, 10:14 PM
Oh, and I forgot to add Pink Clappy-Hands Guy who Sits Courtside to my previous list.

what about Boogy Bob or Chris Arnold?

or even Mavs Man?

or maybe even Champ?

pking
03-28-2007, 10:16 PM
Aw, you don't like Boogy Bob?! :lol

RonMexico
Nah, just Pontail Clappy-Hands Guy who has taken over from the Lakers' "Program Guy" as the most annoying non-deserving courtside fan that always finds his way onto the TV broadcasts.

It's funny how he's spread the clappy-hands to others in his section.

dallasmavsnfuego214

or even Mavs Man?

or maybe even Champ?

:lmao :lmao :lmao

http://fromthescene.beloblog.com/archives/mavsman_sm.jpg

ponky
03-28-2007, 10:17 PM
damn, this is a great game

and some of you mavs fans were giving us spurs fans shit for dropping a game to the bucks

even though the mavs lost nowitzki, the bucks are much better than their record indicates

we were giving you shit because you got swept by the bucks! anyway, i knew the bucks' record against the west, i was mostly kidding about the loss to the bucks as i kid about most things just for the sake of entertainment! :lol :lol :lol

anyway, i love this mavericks team, my boyz get hurt and they still *roll*...dirk and jho will be fine, their ankle rolls didn't look too bad. it was odd that george didn't play, i thought he'd come in to replace god-awful cro but maybe they don't want him playing BTBs so soon, maybe he's not 100% or something

diop has been playing very well lately, it's nice to see and terry/jho/stack have it going on

monosylab1k
03-28-2007, 10:18 PM

or even Mavs Man?

or maybe even Champ?

Chris Arnold annoys the shit out of me. I wouldn't mind him so much if they only featured him like 1 or 2 times a game.....but by the 9th time they trot him out there to ask the Dallas home crowd "ARE THERE ANY MAVERICKS FANS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT?" i kinda wish i never paid for tickets and had just sat at home gouging my eyes out with a rusty old razor blade previously used by Magic Johnson.

dallasmavsnfuego214
http://www.thedallasmavericks.com/web_images/champ_mavs_man3.jpg

pking
Nah, just Pontail Clappy-Hands Guy who has taken over from the Lakers' "Program Guy" as the most annoying non-deserving courtside fan that always finds his way onto the TV broadcasts.

It's funny how he's spread the clappy-hands to others in his section.

That pony tail guy that always dresses kinda crazy is super rich. He runs some property company or something.

Mavs man would scare me if I was a kid. He's got a creepy ass face/mask.

pking
03-28-2007, 10:19 PM
Oh yea, I can't stand Chris Arnold either.

dallasmavsnfuego214
Chris Arnold annoys the shit out of me. I wouldn't mind him so much if they only featured him like 1 or 2 times a game.....but by the 9th time they trot him out there to ask the Dallas home crowd "ARE THERE ANY MAVERICKS FANS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT?" i kinda wish i never paid for tickets and had just sat at home gouging my eyes out with a rusty old razor blade previously used by Magic Johnson.

:rollin

SpursDynasty
we were giving you shit because you got swept by the bucks! anyway, i knew the bucks' record against the west, i was mostly kidding about the loss to the bucks as i kid about most things just for the sake of entertainment! :lol :lol :lol

anyway, i love this mavericks team, my boyz get hurt and they still *roll*...dirk and jho will be fine, their ankle rolls didn't look too bad. it was odd that george didn't play, i thought he'd come in to replace god-awful cro but maybe they don't want him playing BTBs so soon, maybe he's not 100% or something

diop has been playing very well lately, it's nice to see and terry/jho/stack have it going on

A player can only take so many ankle problems. That's what happens when you try to go 82-0 in just the regular season, it will come back to bite them in the ass soon if they don't be careful.

ponky
03-28-2007, 10:20 PM
I hope mavs win 70+

the more pressure on them in playoffs. and you know how they handle that.

:lol let's see, spursdynasty hopes that golden state gets the 8th seed so they can play the mavs and you hope the mavs win 70+ so they can feel some pressure....:lmao
.worried much?

RonMexico
03-28-2007, 10:20 PM
Hmmm... note to self, give herpes to property company owner... seek money to keep my mouth shut.

dallasmavsnfuego214
03-28-2007, 10:21 PM
this is the pink clappy hands guy :lol

http://www.bobanddan.com/images/Bob/knobler.jpg

RonMexico
03-28-2007, 10:21 PM
And, ponky, they (being Avery) specifically stated that George is not going to play any back-to-backs for the rest of the season, so that's why he wasn't out there tonight.

leemajors
03-28-2007, 10:22 PM
A player can only take so many ankle problems. That's what happens when you try to go 82-0 in just the regular season, it will come back to bite them in the ass soon if they don't be careful.

duncan rolled one of his ankles every week or two in the second half of the 05 run, and we ended up fine.

RonMexico
03-28-2007, 10:22 PM

Dammit - why does that fuck have so much money?

The world is cruel.

ponky
03-28-2007, 10:25 PM

hahahahahaha!!!! you're so scared of the mavs!!!!!!! awesome!!!!!!

BUMP
03-28-2007, 10:25 PM
Mav games are the only place where id rather sit in the nosebleeds then courtside. first you have Chris Arnold always coming by all the time, then Mavs Man comes by and gives you a hug, and if that all isnt enough there are always the hideous girls in their early 20's with the Nowitski jerseys who are on their sixth Bud Light when they tell you that Dirk is the greatest thing since caveman invented fire

im kidding its not that bad. but it definitely gets way too corny

ponky
03-28-2007, 10:26 PM
And, ponky, they (being Avery) specifically stated that George is not going to play any back-to-backs for the rest of the season, so that's why he wasn't out there tonight.

thanks for the update...i remember they said his minutes would be limited the rest of the way but i didn't read the specifics

monosylab1k
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/3735/biochrisyg1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
ARE THERE ANY DALLAS MAVERICKS FANS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT?

Of course there are you stupid dickhole! It's a fucking Mavericks home game!

ponky
Dammit - why does that fuck have so much money?

The world is cruel.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Flight3107
03-28-2007, 10:27 PM

That is Don Knobler he has an apartment leasing company off of 75

leemajors
Mav games are the only place where id rather sit in the nosebleeds then courtside. first you have Chris Arnold always coming by all the time, then Mavs Man comes by and gives you a hug, and if that all isnt enough there are always the hideous girls in their early 20's with the Nowitski jerseys who are on their sixth Bud Light when they tell you that Dirk is the greatest thing since caveman invented fire

im kidding its not that bad. but it definitely gets way too corny

drunk, fake tittied sluts stumbling around. sounds like the SMU campus!

RonMexico
HAHAHAHA - who is that guy?? HAHAAHA - please tell me he doesn't show his face in public

(forgot to quote: thinking of that Chris Arnold character)

BUMP
03-28-2007, 10:32 PM
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/3735/biochrisyg1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
ARE THERE ANY DALLAS MAVERICKS FANS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT?

Of course there are you stupid dickhole! It's a fucking Mavericks home game!
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

ponky
03-28-2007, 10:36 PM
lol, chris arnold. the guys who have season tix next to me up in the peanut gallery are always yelling to "put a gun to his head" when chris arnold starts talking. i thought it was crass the first time i heard them scream this because there are kids around but now, i kinda agree, i can't stand chris arnold and hopefully enough people gave him the lowest rating in the recent season ticketholder survey.

RonMexico
03-28-2007, 10:37 PM
It's ok - Suns have Cedric Ceballos.

In 1996, when NBA players came out with a rap album (i.e. Shaq was on there, Ceballos, Penny Hardaway, other guys that I forget... Larry Johnson maybe), I always remembered one line from Ced Ceballos's rap: "How 'bout a 68, and then I owe you 1?" Well, in 6th grade, I did not really comprehend the meaning of this phrase. It wasn't until 2 years later that I was walking around and thought: "Oh, I get it."

True Story.

StylisticS
03-28-2007, 10:53 PM
Yeah that was the era of athletes that tried to be rappers.
Shaq had a couple albums :bang
Ceballos came out with one :bang
Webber came out with one :bang
Deion Sanders thought he could sing/rap :bang
Kobe rapped on that brian mcknight song :bang
Allen Iverson came out with an album and he did it on a commercial too :bang :bang

all was horrible..

monosylab1k
03-28-2007, 10:57 PM
also, back then rappers tried to be athletes, i.e. Master P

Yeah that was the era of athletes that tried to be rappers.
Shaq had a couple albums :bang
Ceballos came out with one :bang
Webber came out with one :bang
Deion Sanders thought he could sing/rap :bang
Kobe rapped on that brian mcknight song :bang
Allen Iverson came out with an album and he did it on a commercial too :bang :bang

all was horrible..

LEONARD
03-29-2007, 08:04 AM
The Mavs had NO BUSINESS winning that game... :lol

Just shows how good they are to be able to pull it out when things just aren't going their way. Stack and Jet were huge late...

SA has 2 wins over Golden State. Dallas has two losses to them.

Now that both teams are at the 50+ mark, 59 wins doesn't look like all that much more than 50.

LMAO...I love the points you make...such genius... :lol

LEONARD
03-29-2007, 08:11 AM

:lol Wow...

That the Mavs are an avg team? :smokin

Everyone here hates you dude...

:lol :lol :lol

Poor jeffdrums22...no love...

You can hate me, but in conclusion and I will not post on this thread again, I do not think the Mavs will win the championship. Big deal. Get over it. Not everyone thinks the same team is the best. It's not false hope or wishful thinking, that is my honest opinion. They have no killer instinct, they are mentally weak in tight situations. If the Mavs win the NBA Finals last year, then they're the best, but that loss just makes me as a fan not really respect them as anything other than a solid basketball team who can win most games they're supposed to. They are like Sacramento in 2002 to me.

The Spurs have just as good a chance as anyone.

But the Mavs do not have the best chance.

If you're not satisfied with 17 wins in 19 games for SA, then we could probably go 81-1 on the season and not be satisfied because Dallas went 82-0. It's all relative to how they are doing anyway, right?

If the Mavs don't win the Finals this year, I'm scared to ask you Mavs fans what a 69 or 70 win season means...

Well said... :sleep

SpursDynasty
03-29-2007, 12:22 PM
hahahahahaha!!!! you're so scared of the mavs!!!!!!! awesome!!!!!!

If you want see scared, watch Josh Howard (he always looks scared) or Jason Terry's face in a tight playoff game situation :lol

LEONARD
03-29-2007, 12:37 PM
If you want see scared, watch Josh Howard (he always looks scared) or Jason Terry's face in a tight playoff game situation :lol

because Jeff says it, it's true... :lol

mabber
03-29-2007, 12:54 PM

Do you watch Mav games? Howard looks overly cocky most of the time. In fact, even though he plays hard he plays extremely loose...almost to loose for my taste. Looking or acting scared is the worst description of Howard I've ever heard.

RonMexico
03-29-2007, 02:23 PM
Do you watch Mav games? Howard looks overly cocky most of the time. In fact, even though he plays hard he plays extremely loose...almost to loose for my taste. Looking or acting scared is the worst description of Howard I've ever heard.

Best take on this page... too cocky is the correct term... sometimes too loose is a bad thing, but he's still a good player.

Got that "see, I'm an all-star mofo!" look on his face sometimes when he does something good.