PDA

View Full Version : James White's first dunk as a SPUR (Youtube)

phyzik
03-27-2007, 11:48 PM
OK, Kori I'm sorry, but I thought this warranted a new thread so it doesnt get lost in the James White thread... if you feel its inappropriate go ahead and lock...

Anyway, Im going to say what I said in that thread... this is CRAPPY quality... just didnt have the time to do it right, only had like 15 minutes so took a crappy camera and pointed at the TV.... beggars cant be choosers... Its good enough to see the play though.

Your welcome Shoog

James White's first dunk as a SPUR (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHgnScxIm_k)

Fabbs
03-27-2007, 11:55 PM
Pretty grainy but props for the post, 1st time i saw it.

Someone slip some Metamucil into Pops lunch to loosen him up and let White in? Looks like he could have been in about 40 games ago.

phyzik
03-27-2007, 11:56 PM
Pretty grainy but props for the post, 1st time i saw it.

Someone slip some Metamucil into Pops lunch to loosen him up and let White in? Looks like he could have been in about 40 games ago.

yeah, like I said, crappy quality...

If I have the time this weekend I'll pull the video directly from the DVR for better quality. I love how the crowd goes "OOHHHHHHH!!!!" :lol

whottt
03-28-2007, 12:24 AM
One thing is for sure...the Spurs don't lack mentors for White at the 2 guard(possibly SF) slot...

Between Barry, Finley, Manu and Bowen(2 guard sized defender)...they've got All Stars, DPOY Candidates, 3 point champs, dunk champs, lead the league in minutes played, Olympic Gold Medals, Near Finals MVP, high PCT shooters, good passing, reounding(Finley used to pull down some nice board totals), post up, slash, steals...

Pay attention Flight...combined they'd be the greatest 2 guard ever.

phyzik
03-28-2007, 12:33 AM
One thing is for sure...the Spurs don't lack mentors for White at the 2 guard(possibly SF) slot...

Between Barry, Finley, Manu and Bowen(2 guard sized defender)...they've got All Stars, DPOY Candidates, 3 point champs, dunk champs, lead the league in minutes played, Olympic Gold Medals, Near Finals MVP, high PCT shooters, good passing, reounding(Finley used to pull down some nice board totals), post up, slash, steals...

Pay attention Flight...combined they'd be the greatest 2 guard ever.

Damn Whottt, I was thinking the same thing earlier today at work! :lol

Please_dont_ban_me
03-28-2007, 12:33 AM
They kept trying to force him the ball. It was bound to not be a turnover eventually.

On a lighter note, he looks confident and obviously is physically gifted. Hope he develops into something.

ace3g
03-28-2007, 12:40 AM
based on that clip, he didn't look lost as the play was being called, he moved well without the ball

Kori Ellis
03-28-2007, 12:48 AM
based on that clip, he didn't look lost as the play was being called, he moved well without the ball

He didn't look lost at all in his time on the floor. To me, that was the biggest plus about him - he was confident and didn't appear confused like most new Spurs.

braeden0613
03-28-2007, 12:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5EhTk_Yft8

was this dunk during the preseason?? b/c it claims to be his first dunk in the nba

T-Pain
03-28-2007, 12:51 AM
damn i hope we keep this guy and develop him into the spurs mix, i hope he isnt used as some sort of trade bait down the future.

Kori Ellis
03-28-2007, 12:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5EhTk_Yft8

was this dunk during the preseason?? b/c it claims to be his first dunk in the nba

Yes, preseason.

phyzik
03-28-2007, 01:16 AM
Yes, preseason.

Kori's right, that was when he was with the Pacers.

My video is his first dunk with the spurs... as the title of the thread proclaims.

phyzik
03-28-2007, 02:12 AM
whats funny is, if you listen, you can hear Sean and the other guy (dammit, drawing a blank right now) saying that White MIGHT be a better athlete than D. Rob :lol

thats classic. Both of them where probably jerking each other off when that dunk happened. White looks to be a great prospect... but to claim him to be as good an athlete as David, or in their case BETTER, is ridiculous at this point.

Hops... yes... anything else... lets wait and see.

Darkwaters
03-28-2007, 08:21 AM
whats funny is, if you listen, you can hear Sean and the other guy (dammit, drawing a blank right now) saying that White MIGHT be a better athlete than D. Rob :lol

thats classic. Both of them where probably jerking each other off when that dunk happened. White looks to be a great prospect... but to claim him to be as good an athlete as David, or in their case BETTER, is ridiculous at this point.

Why is that so ridiculous? They're not saying that hes as good of a basketball player or anything (that would be crazy). But the guy is crazy athletic. Remember, somebody can be a freakish athlete and never have played basketball before in their life. It wasn't a direct comparison to D Rob's skills but rather his physical gifts.

Also, why does James wear number 33 with the Spurs but he wore 0 with Indiana? Did Indiana have a 33 already? I always wonder about those things.

bdictjames
03-28-2007, 08:30 AM
Reminds me of Devin Brown.

AFBlue
03-28-2007, 08:39 AM
Why is that so ridiculous? They're not saying that hes as good of a basketball player or anything (that would be crazy). But the guy is crazy athletic. Remember, somebody can be a freakish athlete and never have played basketball before in their life. It wasn't a direct comparison to D Rob's skills but rather his physical gifts.

Also, why does James wear number 33 with the Spurs but he wore 0 with Indiana? Did Indiana have a 33 already? I always wonder about those things.

Danny Granger

Phenomanul
03-28-2007, 08:43 AM
Thanks phyzik!

Borosai
03-28-2007, 10:18 AM
Thanks...:D

nkdlunch
03-28-2007, 10:26 AM
phyzik get an HDTV that will make your bootleg videos 1000 better

nice pass by Oberto!

DarrinS
03-28-2007, 10:51 AM
Here's a video entitled "Top 10 dunks of all time"

Two of them are James White (#8 and #2).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf7UnlKXc_4&mode=related&search=

spurs1990
03-28-2007, 01:16 PM
Kori's right, that was when he was with the Pacers.

My video is his first dunk with the spurs... as the title of the thread proclaims.

Officially, its his first NBA dunk. Preseason doesn't count for shit.

DON VITO
03-28-2007, 03:11 PM

James White is hands down the best athlete based on jumping ability in the NBA. He isn't the strongest athlete or the fastest, but his vertical is definitely the highest. The overall best athlete in the league in Nate Robinson by far. The only ones that can come close are LeBron, Dwight Howard, Dwayne Wade, Desmond Mason, Shawn Marion, and Vince Carter.

spurs1990
03-28-2007, 04:42 PM
James White is hands down the best athlete based on jumping ability in the NBA. He isn't the strongest athlete or the fastest, but his vertical is definitely the highest. The overall best athlete in the league in Nate Robinson by far. The only ones that can come close are LeBron, Dwight Howard, Dwayne Wade, Desmond Mason, Shawn Marion, and Vince Carter.

Bryant is still an athletic freak even at age 28.

mardigan
03-28-2007, 04:45 PM
Ben Wallace is pretty athletic, so is Josh Smith, and Gerald Wallace, and so on and so on. There are a ton of great athletes, you cant just narrow it down to a couple of guys. And the only reason you say Nate is because he was a good football player, that doesnt mean he is the best athlete. By the way, I think Lebron, hands down, not even close is the best athlete