PDA

View Full Version : What if....

Duncanoypi
03-28-2007, 08:49 AM
the NBA has an NCAA format which is knock-out game throughout the finals...

What team/s has the advantage? Will the spurs deliver with this kind of format?

exstatic
03-28-2007, 06:37 PM
No. They always drop stupid games to team's they shouldn't.

OTOH, if G'Town and 'Nova had played best of seven in 85 NCAAs, G'Town wins in 5, 6 tops.

SpursDynasty
03-28-2007, 06:40 PM
the NBA has an NCAA format which is knock-out game throughout the finals...

What team/s has the advantage? Will the spurs deliver with this kind of format?

It doesn't matter b/c the Spurs' success is judged relative to Dallas'. If SA goes 81-1 and Dallas goes 82-0 in the reg. season, that means SA is on the decline.

SAtown
03-28-2007, 06:42 PM
It doesn't matter b/c the Spurs' success is judged relative to Dallas'.

:lol Good point. I can't wait till this season is over so this silliness can stop.

Fabbs
03-28-2007, 06:48 PM
It would make for some awesome effort games.

That in part is what makes the NFL playoffs so exciting. Winner in, loser out.

romain.star
03-29-2007, 06:01 AM
indeed, it's too bad we have to wait an eventual 7th game to watch a win or die game

Dalhoop
03-29-2007, 06:33 AM
Players would have less margen for error in their careers. The Spurs, with Duncan, would be a good team, though his FT may cost them.

I think that it would be all about the "Hot Hand". A team like Dallas that has several weapons would have a good chance to find the hot hand in any one game. Team FT shooting would also be a big factor (Dirks FT shooting being paramount)

Players would be held so much more accountable then now. "Ten years without a title" would really mean something in a one and out situation, in the current system "Team" is far more important then a star getting hot. A player like T-Mac that can't seem to get any luck in the play-offs would be looked at as a second teir player instead of a "Star" because of his playoff history.

I personally wouldn't like it, the more games the better. Also seeing the games would be a problem. With so many games meaning something, what game do you watch? The laker games would be a must to see if Kobe can do it.

At this level, so many players are able to get hot at the right time, its a coin flip as to who would win. Redd could shoot is team to the Finals, KG could dominate for a game at time.

It would be a crap shoot, I wouldn't like it.

romain.star
03-29-2007, 06:48 AM
Players would have less margen for error in their careers. The Spurs, with Duncan, would be a good team, though his FT may cost them.

I think that it would be all about the "Hot Hand". A team like Dallas that has several weapons would have a good chance to find the hot hand in any one game. Team FT shooting would also be a big factor (Dirks FT shooting being paramount)

Players would be held so much more accountable then now. "Ten years without a title" would really mean something in a one and out situation, in the current system "Team" is far more important then a star getting hot. A player like T-Mac that can't seem to get any luck in the play-offs would be looked at as a second teir player instead of a "Star" because of his playoff history.

I personally wouldn't like it, the more games the better. Also seeing the games would be a problem. With so many games meaning something, what game do you watch? The laker games would be a must to see if Kobe can do it.

At this level, so many players are able to get hot at the right time, its a coin flip as to who would win. Redd could shoot is team to the Finals, KG could dominate for a game at time.

It would be a crap shoot, I wouldn't like it.

nice point of view but it still would be exciting

JamStone
03-29-2007, 09:25 AM
If it were a one-game elimination format, I'd pick Phoenix and Miami to meet in the NBA Finals, and I'd put money on Phoenix winning it all.

my2sons
03-29-2007, 10:29 AM
r u kidding, official hold enough power over games, can you imagine the control they would have in the playoffs. no thanks