PDA

View Full Version : Broncos re-sign Bly to 5 year deal

mardigan
03-28-2007, 03:10 PM
Updated: March 28, 2007, 3:19 PM ET
Broncos sign Bly to five-year, $33M contractBy Michael Smith
ESPN.com

Bly

The Denver Broncos signed cornerback Dre' Bly to a five-year, $33 million contract Wednesday.

The deal includes $18 million in bonus money, $16 million guaranteed.

The signing should end any speculation Bly wouldn't report to the Broncos.

Neither Bly nor his agent, Kennard McGuire was available for comment.

Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan told the Denver Post that Bly initially wasn't happy when traded to Denver from the Detroit Lions, but he believes Bly will be happy with the Broncos.

Michael Smith is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com.

mardigan
03-28-2007, 03:12 PM
I guess he wont be a Redskin now

Pugglekicker_21
03-28-2007, 05:01 PM
He should thank himself for that. i'd laugh if the Skins had gotten Briggs and Bly, then have another FA debacle like last year, with all the people they brought in.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
03-28-2007, 06:02 PM
Damn, that's a lot of money for a guy on the downslope of his career.

And he really isn't that good.

mardigan
03-28-2007, 06:04 PM
Damn, that's a lot of money for a guy on the downslope of his career.

And he really isn't that good.
Its a hell of a lt less than Clements got, but your right, he is not the best. He is though better than the average corner in the league

03-28-2007, 06:13 PM
He is an above average corner making his way back to mediocrity. He does nothing in run support, can't cover over 15 yards and gets nicked a lot. Plus, he's a whiny bitch.

It's one of the few moves I applaud Millen for making...

mardigan
03-28-2007, 06:18 PM
Well, in one offseason he added 2 offensive linemaen that will start and be solid, a speedy running back, and a pass rushing end,and a decent corner, not to shabby. Now if he could get Boss Bailey and Lehman balling they could make some improvment next year.

03-28-2007, 06:21 PM
They always find a way to disappoint, even after a 3 win season. Trust me on that one.

And where is Denver getting all this cap space?

johnsmith
03-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Well, in one offseason he added 2 offensive linemaen that will start and be solid, a speedy running back, and a pass rushing end,and a decent corner, not to shabby. Now if he could get Boss Bailey and Lehman balling they could make some improvment next year.

Foster is not a solid lineman. I promise.

johnsmith
03-28-2007, 06:22 PM
He is an above average corner making his way back to mediocrity. He does nothing in run support, can't cover over 15 yards and gets nicked a lot. Plus, he's a whiny bitch.

It's one of the few moves I applaud Millen for making...

Seeing as how "DisgruntledLionFan" probably watches say, 15 more Lions games a season then I do, all I can say to the above quote is.........Fuck.

03-28-2007, 06:24 PM
Seeing as how "DisgruntledLionFan" probably watches say, 15 more Lions games a season then I do, all I can say to the above quote is.........Fuck.

I would figure you already have knowledge of the whiny bitch part. Guy can finally stop crying about being traded to a good team...

mardigan
03-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Foster is not a solid lineman. I promise.
Im not talking about Foster bro, talking about Mutilato (Ravens) and Pillar (Titans)

johnsmith
03-28-2007, 06:38 PM
Im not talking about Foster bro, talking about Mutilato (Ravens) and Pillar (Titans)

My bad.

johnsmith
03-28-2007, 06:39 PM
I would figure you already have knowledge of the whiny bitch part. Guy can finally stop crying about being traded to a good team...

I've watched Shanahan gamble over the years with attitude problem players and for a while there I thought his luck had finally ran out. Then again, maybe it still has.

Wait, I just remembered Maurice..........nevermind.

mardigan
03-28-2007, 06:40 PM
My bad.
Oh its cool, I dont know much about Foster, except that he started for the Broncos for a long time, is he that bad? I thought you had to be pretty good to start on that Broncos starting line

mardigan
03-28-2007, 06:41 PM
I've watched Shanahan gamble over the years with attitude problem players and for a while there I thought his luck had finally ran out. Then again, maybe it still has.

Wait, I just remembered Maurice..........nevermind.
I think yall will be just fine, as long as you draft Adam Carriker and a safety. And a reciever

johnsmith
03-28-2007, 06:42 PM
Oh its cool, I dont know much about Foster, except that he started for the Broncos for a long time, is he that bad? I thought you had to be pretty good to start on that Broncos starting line

Everytime a play ends in the backfield next season for the Lions, look to see which offensive lineman is standing their with his hands on his hips and that "fuck, I did it again" look.

He's unbelievably slow, however, he had to make adjustments to his game when Lepsis went down so that probably had an effect on his game. Then again, he did get replaced mid-season by a guy that hadn't played a down of football for two seasons, so I'm not sure the adjustment thing is that good of an excuse.

03-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Sounds like a perfect fit.

Don't get me wrong, Bly will be fine in Denver. He'll get beat regularly and he'll also make plays regularly. He's a feast or famine player.

TheTruth
03-28-2007, 06:53 PM
Well, he won't have to line up opposite the #1 receivers anymore. Hopefully he'll earn that money shutting down the other teams #2.

TheTruth
03-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Well, some of the money anyway. He won't see year 3 of that contract.

Pugglekicker_21
03-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Whoa never knew the Lions added Mulitalo and Piller. I know enough to where they are prett good guards. Along with that young center...Dominic something???.... and Backus, who im not so sure is as good as I though he was if they want to replace him with Joe Thomas. I f I were Matt Millen, I'd draft Thomas, take Staton from Michigan St in the 2nd, or some other young QB prospect in the third, and if foster ended up sucking, I'd move Backus to RT. But that'd be after I bailed out Maurice Clarett, signed him, signed Aaron Brooks, moved them to the top of the depth chart, traded Ernie Sims for a 5th rounder, used that fifth rounder and the ones before that to select WR's, and then pick up my monthly paycheck, which I have the luxury of knowing that I'll be able to get for the next 5 years.