PDA

View Full Version : Mavs win 60 and it is still March, Impressed?

jdalive2004
03-28-2007, 10:04 PM
Mavs win 60 and it is still March, Impressed? Dirk only played 16 minutes by the way.

SAtown
03-28-2007, 10:05 PM
not really

SPARKY
03-28-2007, 10:06 PM
I'm impressed that you can post your thoughts on the internets.

THE SIXTH MAN
03-28-2007, 10:06 PM
NBA forum.

dbreiden83080
03-28-2007, 10:16 PM
Mavs win 60 and it is still March, Impressed? Dirk only played 16 minutes by the way.

That western conference banner you guys are sporting impresses the hell out of me. Really is much more attractive then the one they got hanging in Miami.

jdalive2004
03-28-2007, 10:16 PM
All I wanted was the opinion of the Spurs fans.

jdalive2004
03-28-2007, 10:17 PM
I don't recall the Spurs putting up a championship banner last year either.

Man Mountain
03-28-2007, 10:17 PM
The Mavs have had an extremely impressive season so far. No doubt.

I'm happy for Avery.

We'll have to wait to see if this great season translates into postseason success, but the fact that he emphasizes D so much will definitely help them in the playoffs.

SAtown
03-28-2007, 10:18 PM

Yeah, but we know better than to premie on a "best record in the NBA" cuz it's slapped us in the face before.

SequSpur
03-28-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm impressed. The Mavs take care of business and the Spurs lose at home to lottery teams....

How bout that?

THE SIXTH MAN
03-28-2007, 10:19 PM
:lol

THE SIXTH MAN
03-28-2007, 10:20 PM
n00b.

Fillmoe
03-28-2007, 10:20 PM
mavs lose 4 in a row and its only June

jdalive2004
03-28-2007, 10:21 PM
Yeah, but we know better than to premie on a "best record in the NBA" cuz it's slapped us in the face before.

Yeah but, remember 2 of the Spurs championship seasons, they were the #1 seed.

jdalive2004
03-28-2007, 10:22 PM
mavs lose 4 in a row and its only June

My memory is a little fuzzy. Have the Kings played in June?

RonMexico
03-28-2007, 10:23 PM
There's a team in Dallas?

SpursDynasty
03-28-2007, 10:24 PM

I can honestly say that I'm not impressed, because until they make up for last June, nothing they do will matter. Also, that last game with Phoenix...if they are as great as everyone says, they needed to win that one. They didn't.

mavs>spurs2
03-28-2007, 10:25 PM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 10 (6 members and 4 guests)
mavs>spurs, SpursDynasty, cornbread, SAtown, SequSpur, dbreiden83080

Oh god here we go....

SAtown
03-28-2007, 10:26 PM
Yeah but, remember 2 of the Spurs championship seasons, they were the #1 seed.

There are so many more factors that go into a championship run than a best regular season record that it makes it almost insignificant. I mean, with HCA you win the right to 4 games at home if necessary, so win all 4 games and win every series in 7, right?

In 03, we lost again PHX the first game (miracle Marbury shot) and immediately, the best record goes to shit. Same with 99 when we lost game 2 to Minnesooooooota, and 05 to Denver. You gotta win on the road

Fillmoe
03-28-2007, 10:26 PM

My memory is a little fuzzy.... HAVE THE MAVS EVER WON A FUCKING CHAMPIONSHIP??

jdalive2004
03-28-2007, 10:28 PM
There's a team in Dallas?
There is NFL team in Atlanta?

RonMexico
03-28-2007, 10:30 PM
There is NFL team in Atlanta?

I don't know if you've watched the team recently, but I've coach-killed it back to Division 1 level at best.

We shoulda got Saban...

Leetonidas
03-28-2007, 10:30 PM
Honestly no, because it's the end of March and they're a very good team. If they win 70, I'll be impressed.

SpursDynasty
03-28-2007, 10:31 PM
It's fun pointing out FACTS and then getting yelled at for that.

jdalive2004
03-28-2007, 10:32 PM

Have the Kings?! How about the city of Sacramento? The Royals don't count.

monosylab1k
03-28-2007, 10:32 PM
It's fun pointing out FACTS and then getting yelled at for that.

Yeah I know. happens to me all the time.

I think you'd have fun pointing out facts as well, instead of the usual bullshit you spew and get yelled at for.

dbreiden83080
03-28-2007, 10:35 PM

No we handled that in 2003 when we sent you home, actually went on to finish the job. Not too mention twice more, sorry to bring up winning ways you clearly are not familiar with.

cornbread
03-28-2007, 10:36 PM
Sure, their consistency has impressed me.

Roxsfan
03-28-2007, 10:43 PM
60 wins is good, but in the postseason...none of that matters.

BTW, how is Dirk's/Josh's ankle.

That is becoming very problematic for josh and dirk...the ankles.

jdalive2004
03-28-2007, 10:46 PM
No we handled that in 2003 when we sent you home, actually went on to finish the job. Not too mention twice more, sorry to bring up winning ways you clearly are not familiar with.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is it 2005? 2003? 1999?

jdalive2004
03-28-2007, 10:48 PM
60 wins is good, but in the postseason...none of that matters.

BTW, how is Dirk's ankle.

That is becoming very problematic for josh and dirk...the ankles.

If I was a Rocket fan, I would not talk about injurys.

dbreiden83080
03-28-2007, 10:48 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but what year is it?

Correct me if i'm wrong but you had Zero titles in 03 and well look at that you have ZERO TITLES IN 2007.

SAtown
03-28-2007, 10:52 PM
If I was a Rocket fan, I would not talk about injurys.

Very defensive, are we? I don't think Roxfan was trying to be a jerk. :lol

Kori Ellis
03-28-2007, 10:53 PM
I don't know why Spurs fans just can't give the Mavs their regular season props and leave it at that.

Of course 60 wins right now is impressive.

Admitting that doesn't mean you think the Mavs will win the title or anything. But their season has definitely been impressive to date.

jdalive2004
03-28-2007, 10:53 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong but you had Zero titles in 03 and well look at that you have ZERO TITLES IN 2007.

Keep on living in the past, because you have no future. I want the Mavs to play the Spurs again, but sadly, since everyone outside of SA would rather see the Suns vs Mavs in the WCF, the NBA will try to make that happen, and the rating Killers that you call the Spurs, will get screwed!

jdalive2004
03-28-2007, 10:55 PM
Very defensive, are we? I don't think Roxfan was trying to be a jerk. :lol

I was referring to T-Mac's back and Yao's knee.

J.T.
03-28-2007, 10:56 PM
Keep on living in the past, because you have no future. I want the Mavs to play the Spurs again, but sadly, since everyone outside of SA would rather see the Suns vs Mavs in the WCF, the NBA will try to make that happen, and the rating Killers that you call the Spurs, will get screwed!

Just like the Mavs got screwed by Stern wanting one of his poster boys holding the trophy last year instead of Cuban? Poetic justice.

TheMulvany
03-28-2007, 10:59 PM

The Mavs have had a lot more success than the Kings have. In fact, the Sacramento WNBA team has had more success than the Kings have.

Enjoy the final 12 games of the season, 12th seed!

Trainwreck2100
03-28-2007, 11:06 PM
I don't know why Spurs fans just can't give the Mavs their regular season props and leave it at that.

Of course 60 wins right now is impressive.

Admitting that doesn't mean you think the Mavs will win the title or anything. But their season has definitely been impressive to date.

I could never forgive a team that gave Shaq, Fatoine, Gary Payton, AND Derek Anderson a ring.

loveThe23
03-28-2007, 11:10 PM
The Mavs have had a lot more success than the Kings have. In fact, the Sacramento WNBA team has had more success than the Kings have.

K, all teams have their down years. it's part of basketball. yes, the Mavs had alot of success but they need that title to prove it. the Kings had tons of success up until last year, when everything started changing. the last couple of years, including this one, aren't so hot, but they're young (sort of) with alot of unknown talent and if they rebuild this offseason, get that draft pic, everything will be fine. meanwhile, i won't have to worry about them in the playoffs.. :elephant go suns, go bulls!! :toast

baseline bum
03-28-2007, 11:11 PM

Yeah... June 1951.

phyzik
03-28-2007, 11:26 PM
Yeah... June 1951.

:lol ZING!

Honestly, anything above 55 is impressive, 60 is amazing, and thats after a full season, in march? borderline ridiculous...

I think what irks people is Dallas fans constantly, every single day, looking for some praise like they are the second coming on another teams website.... I dont even think SA fans where this bad after 1999. Ohh, its not posts such as this but you can just feel it channeling through the screen on some of you Mav Fans posts.

With that said, congrats on the regular season ownage (seriously).... I cant wait to wipe that smirk off your faces with a Manu dagger right in Dirks face in the WCF to seal it in game 7 on our way to another title. :drunk

Mavschick
03-28-2007, 11:40 PM
This 60th win against MIL might have bolstered Dirk's chances of winning MVP because DAL sure looked like sh_t playing without him.

FromWayDowntown
03-28-2007, 11:43 PM

A "lot" more success?

The Mavs have, what -- 1 more appearance in the WCF and their NBA Finals appearance to lord over the Kings.

By the end of this season, the Kings and Mavs will have each won one division championship and finished with the best record in the league one time.

Sac ran the Mavs out in 2002 and in 2004 in 5; Dallas ran Sac out in 7 in 2003.

Since 2001, the Mavs have won at least 1 series in 5 of their 6 playoff appearances; the Kings have won at least 1 series in 4 of their 6 playoff appearances. The Mavs have won 8 playoff series in that time; the Kings have won 5.

I'm not here to brag up the Kings, but saying that the Mavs have had "a lot more success" than the Kings is flat out asinine.

Shank
03-28-2007, 11:47 PM
Yeah, I'm sure it's nice and all. Seeing some of the players after the game, they looked like they could give a shit.

Roxsfan
03-29-2007, 12:33 AM
If I was a Rocket fan, I would not talk about injurys :nope .

If I were a mavericks fan, I would start talking about injuries :clap
Just asking a question, looked all over and could not find an article..so I thought I would ask here and maybe a mavs fan with better local info. could give a heads up...but b4 a cordial mavs fan chimes in, a prick chimes in.

loveThe23
03-29-2007, 06:54 AM
Nicely done, FromWayDowntown. :clap

J.T.
03-29-2007, 07:06 AM
This 60th win against MIL might have bolstered Dirk's chances of winning MVP because DAL sure looked like sh_t playing without him.

The Mavs can win without Dirk though. That team has a shit ton of talent. I'm certain that Terry, Howard, and Harris could pick up his slack easily, with a little help from the bench. The Mavs are really deep. The fact that they didn't lose tonight might actually hurt his MVP candidacy because if Nash goes out, the Suns lose. If Kobe goes out, Lakeshow loses. But the Mavs could still hang with the best without Dirk. If he sits out next game, see for yourself.

If you want my opinion though, he'll probably win it just because of the great success the Mavs have had this year. If he doesn't get it, I'll be pissed because that means it's going to Nash again which is mother fucking blasphemy. We know Nash is good, time to give someone else their due.

johngateswhiteley
03-29-2007, 07:18 AM

meh, the mavs blow.

jdalive2004
03-29-2007, 08:21 AM
I cant wait to wipe that smirk off your faces with a Manu dagger right in Dirks face in the WCF to seal it in game 7 on our way to another title. :drunk[/QUOTE]

Just like last season right?

Islymore
03-29-2007, 08:30 AM
Avery said Dirk would be fine, but you know how that goes.
And I am concerned about the ankles/injuries the Mavs keep sustaining - specially Josh bc I swear he's rolled his ankle like 10 times this season already!!!
But if Josh could finish the game, he's not as hurt as Dirk and should be back earlier - but both of them will be getting tests ran today and an update should be given soon if not today, then definitely tomorrow.

Just thot I would mention that.

LEONARD
03-29-2007, 08:47 AM
I can honestly say that I'm not impressed, because until they make up for last June, nothing they do will matter. Also, that last game with Phoenix...if they are as great as everyone says, they needed to win that one. They didn't.

But you're REALLY impressed with the Spurs 51 wins...makes sense...