PDA

View Full Version : At this day and time is the Spurs team ready to win it all?

carib
03-29-2007, 10:03 AM
At this day and time is the Spurs team ready to win it all?

Is the team clicking on all cylinders?
Is the defense at its best and ready for the Playoff run?
Is Pop done with the master ingredient?

Or we just need some more time?

LEONARD
03-29-2007, 10:12 AM
Yes

mabber
03-29-2007, 10:13 AM
At this day and time is the Spurs team ready to win it all?

Is the team clicking on all cylinders?
Is the defense at its best and ready for the Playoff run?
Is Pop done with the master ingredient?

Or we just need some more time?

They appear ready to me. They better be as they will have to play great basketball to get past the Suns & Mavs in consecutive series w/o HCA.

leemajors
03-29-2007, 10:15 AM
i am intrigued by this master ingredient you speak of.

SequSpur
03-29-2007, 10:17 AM
are

carib
03-29-2007, 10:35 AM
CIA Pop Master Ingredients

-Stick with the team you have, when every one else are making major changes.
-Bringing one of the best guards in the league off the bench.
-Rotating the line up constantly.
-Needle nose defense.
-The best record in the league with opponent points allowed.
-The best record in the league with opponent assists allowed.

CIA Pop being one of the most unpredictable feared no nonsense coach in the league, which live and die on defense.

z0sa
03-29-2007, 10:47 AM
pop is actually quite predictable in some areas.

ShoogarBear
03-29-2007, 10:50 AM
Not if they can't rebound and rely on three-point shooting to win every game.

Why Bowen?!
03-29-2007, 10:52 AM
You've got to be kidding me.

What indication have the Mavericks made that they won't rather easily I may add, win it all this year?

I'm not even talking about personnel here people. Avery Johnson is so far inside Pop's head, if the Mavs drop more than one against the Spurs, I'd be shocked. Pop will be playing small ball come May- mark my words and we'll all be cursing him. Not to mention, the "anti-clutch" Tony Parker? Can you imagine how small those nuts will become in Dallas during the fourth quarter of a close game? Good God...

bdictjames
03-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Yes. I hope the playoffs begin tomorrow and we face the Mavs, just want to get this over with who really is the better team in the "real" season.

Shank
03-29-2007, 11:09 AM
The answer is 'maybe'.

twincam
03-29-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm sure everyone wonders about that question. Are they ready? Only time will tell.

ehz33satx
03-29-2007, 11:26 AM
I say a couple more weeks of fine tuning and more playing time together and the Spurs will be ready to take on all comers, Mavs be damned!

ThomasGranger
03-29-2007, 11:31 AM
are

Are the Spurs ready? Yes.

Are the team ready? No.

carib
03-29-2007, 12:24 PM
So are we in better shape this year than last year going into the playoffs, the Spurs as a team.

Peter
03-29-2007, 12:58 PM
I feel better than I did a couple of months ago, but there is still work needed, particuarly up front alongside TD.

mardigan
03-29-2007, 01:04 PM
You've got to be kidding me.

What indication have the Mavericks made that they won't rather easily I may add, win it all this year?

I'm not even talking about personnel here people. Avery Johnson is so far inside Pop's head, if the Mavs drop more than one against the Spurs, I'd be shocked. Pop will be playing small ball come May- mark my words and we'll all be cursing him. Not to mention, the "anti-clutch" Tony Parker? Can you imagine how small those nuts will become in Dallas during the fourth quarter of a close game? Good God...
Pathetic, you should change your favorite team

11 games, to go, still to early to decide, I want to see how we are playing into the playoffs

bdictjames
03-29-2007, 01:14 PM
So are we in better shape this year than last year going into the playoffs, the Spurs as a team.
yes. We could play small ball now and win half the time.

Tek_XX
03-29-2007, 02:46 PM
Not sure this team playing it's best is enough to win. We probably need more talent.

Pugglekicker_21
03-29-2007, 06:04 PM
The Spurs D showed how ready they are to New Orleans/Oklahoma City last night....

Amuseddaysleeper
03-29-2007, 06:08 PM
no

this team has way too many question marks heading into the post season

also, small ball and lack of rebounding will do us in

Kori Ellis
03-29-2007, 06:08 PM
I feel better than I did a couple of months ago, but there is still work needed, particuarly up front alongside TD.

I agree with this sentiment.

BIG IRISH
03-29-2007, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by Peter

I agree with this sentiment.
Agreed with the above and also I still think the spurs need to out reboundteams and make free throws to get to the finals.

SequSpur
03-29-2007, 06:17 PM
the spurs aren't ready for shit.

phxspurfan
03-29-2007, 06:34 PM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u137/arosales210/jarjar.jpg

td4mvp21
03-29-2007, 06:41 PM
No, but thankfully they have 11 + games to improve. Frontcourt, defense and bench production lack the consistency.

Kori Ellis
03-29-2007, 06:43 PM
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u137/arosales210/jarjar.jpg

Good job making fun of the foreign posters. :rolleyes

ploto
03-29-2007, 06:50 PM
Honestly, I just don't see "it" in the team this year, and I never did last year either.

td4mvp21
03-29-2007, 06:52 PM
Honestly, I just don't see "it" in the team this year, and I never did last year either.
You think Rasho is good, so your logic is automatically fucked up.

RC's Boss
03-29-2007, 06:58 PM
:lmao

RC's Boss
03-29-2007, 06:59 PM
Yes, we be's ready

ploto
03-29-2007, 07:26 PM
Actually, I have been correct for several years. Most people I know who are long-time fans just think something is "off" about the team this year.

TheNextGen
03-29-2007, 07:27 PM
Bring On The Lakers!

angel_luv
03-29-2007, 07:33 PM
I am pumped about this year's play offs. I'm not saying the road to the Finals will be an easy road, but no one scares me either. I see the Spurs finding a way to beat every team they need to.

So I say, bring it! :)

ShoogarBear
03-29-2007, 08:11 PM
I'm won't say that angel luv is overly optimistic, but she still thinks we have a chance to win the 2006 championship.

Clutch20
03-29-2007, 10:13 PM
Midseason we catch hell by April we JELL

Most of the aspects of our game can be seen on the court but we're not at the pick and choose point just yet. Lockdown D points the way, it's not consistent and takes a period or 2 to call forth. Hence, the flurry of 3 pt. attempts on our part as a staple, instead of using them as daggers or game stoppers. We need to seriously wean ourselves off of 3ptrs. Spotty perimeter D at times lets the other mediocre shooters we're not familiar with become instant marksmen, I would like to see less of that happening and not encourage below av. shooters to get hot.
Would like for Pop and staff to come up with a couple of ways to deal with length from the opposition. Our boys have issues with length, the night gets very long when we have matchup problems with bigs that clog the lane and swarm over TDunc and take license with unlimited swatting, I run through my 6 pack p-r-e-t-t-y fast when that crap happens. :lol

It's great when we're not static.
Having our players standing in places for long stretches of time while Tony drives or TDunc plows through for his basket lessens our opporunity to be creative.
We need to be more proactive than reactive.
Movement off the ball is so cool!

To me what others can't prepare for are the creativeness that we get from doing those things mentioned above. Those kind of things expand our game so much and produces so many more opportunities for scoring options.

Uh, other that that..................that'd be a good place to start.........
(Coaching Certificate of Completion from B.Weiser U.)

DubMcDub
03-29-2007, 11:17 PM
I'm won't say that angel luv is overly optimistic, but she still thinks we have a chance to win the 2006 championship.

Shoogar I just wanted to chime in and say that you've posted some clever shit in my days here but I spit water out of my mouth reading this. Props.

angel_luv
03-29-2007, 11:20 PM
That was good stuff Bear! Sig worthy if I do quote you myself. :)

ceds
03-30-2007, 05:42 AM
One thing we know is TD and Manu are going to fight till the end and its not going to be easy for a team to take us out. If Horry can give some good minutes i like our chances

I also think Parker blows up this playoffs and really makes his mark on the league. Its the right time, he's 24 with more playoff experience then just about any guard in the league and teams can't give him the open jumper as much as they have in playoffs past.