Taco
03-29-2007, 11:31 AM
Bruce Bowen sucks monkey balls.
http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/Bowen-Block_400_060517.jpg
:spin :spin

stretch
03-29-2007, 11:33 AM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4/vsf3000/nba_a_nowitzki_430-1.jpg

...happening just after Dirk blew by Bowen.

Trainwreck2100
03-29-2007, 11:39 AM

Cause you wanted Dirk taking the two, being they were up by three.

http://www.mondotees.com/ProductImages/bangonicons/count.jpg

stretch
03-29-2007, 11:52 AM
Cause you wanted Dirk taking the two, being they were up by three.

didnt bother me, because there was still like 30 seconds left on the clock.

TonyParkerSux
03-29-2007, 11:53 AM
I'm no Bowen fan on the court, but he is from the LA area, and I have gotten alot of exposure to him over the years. he actually is a really great person off the court. he comes from a terrible background, so he is a very solid person in the communities in which he lives. He is funny and quite intelligent also. It's a little ironic because he is widely disliked around the league amongst both his peers and by many fans (I refer to his on-the-court play when I say this), but he really is a quality individual. Anyone who has time to listen to this interview should do so.

Bruno
03-29-2007, 11:53 AM
Great, another thread hijacked by a stupid mavs troll. :rolleyes
A reason why ST is a great board, is the low level of the moderation. It's quite sad to see what some people do with that freedom.

stretch
03-29-2007, 11:55 AM
yea. Bowen is an annoying player, but he seems like hes as classy as a guy can get off the court. Ive always had nothing but respect for Bowen, even though from time to time, he has rather dirty defensive tactics, but it doesnt change the fact that hes an amazing defender.

mardigan
03-29-2007, 11:55 AM
I'm no Bowen fan on the court, but he is from the LA area, and I have gotten alot of exposure to him over the years. he actually is a really great person off the court. he comes from a terrible background, so he is a very solid person in the communities in which he lives. He is funny and quite intelligent also. It's a little ironic because he is widely disliked around the league amongst both his peers and by many fans (I refer to his on-the-court play when I say this), but he really is a quality individual. Anyone who has time to listen to this interview should do so.
Good stuff TPS, well said

Taco
03-29-2007, 12:11 PM
Great, another thread hijacked by a stupid mavs troll. :rolleyes
A reason why ST is a great board, is the low level of the moderation. It's quite sad to see what some people do with that freedom.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61595

ROME SAID SOMTIME THIS HOUR B.B. SHOULD BE ON

mabber
03-29-2007, 12:12 PM

I wasn't aware he was widely disliked. I only thought a few players (Kobe, Allen, etc.) had issues with him and I assumed their fans as well. I know I certainly don't have any issues with him. He's a good player and appears to be (from what I've read) a good guy as well.

Taco
03-29-2007, 12:14 PM
I wasn't aware he was widely disliked. I only thought a few players (Kobe, Allen, etc.) had issues with him and I assumed their fans as well. I know I certainly don't have any issues with him. He's a good player and appears to be (from what I've read) and good guy as well.

KOBE AND T-MAC HAVE SAID BRUCE IS NOT A DIRTY PLAYER AND LOOK FOWARD TO THE CHALLANGE WHEN THEY PLAY AGAINST HIM

mardigan
03-29-2007, 12:19 PM
I wasn't aware he was widely disliked. I only thought a few players (Kobe, Allen, etc.) had issues with him and I assumed their fans as well. I know I certainly don't have any issues with him. He's a good player and appears to be (from what I've read) a good guy as well.
Yea, Kobe likes him, but Vince, Francis, and especially Allen have complained

Man In Black
03-29-2007, 12:30 PM
Umm he is from Fresno, not exactly LA but he did go to school at CSUF. Cal-State University at Fullerton.

He is a quality guy, and the guys that bitch and moan are the ones that score 20 or more points a game pretty easily against other teams. But when it comes to Bruce...he is like White On rice. Sticky does not define how well he plays D.

mardigan
03-29-2007, 12:36 PM
He is on

Taco
03-29-2007, 12:36 PM
On Now

mardigan
03-29-2007, 12:50 PM
Good interview

SpursWoman
03-29-2007, 12:50 PM
Ive always had nothing but respect for Bowen

If by respect you mean sucks monkey balls ... then, uhm, okay. :spin

monosylab1k
03-29-2007, 01:11 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/Bowen-Block_400_060517.jpg
:spin :spin

blatant foul. look at him all over dirk's hands.

Flight3107
03-29-2007, 01:20 PM

Hand is part of the ball.

LilMissSPURfect
03-29-2007, 01:30 PM
are we still talking basketball here ???????
:dizzy :dizzy :dizzy :dizzy

Bruce is good people.
gotta love him for his persistence in all he does!

MajorMike
03-29-2007, 01:32 PM
Yea, Kobe likes him, but Vince, Francis, and especially Allen have complained

And Vince, Francis and Allen have NEVER been known for their whining and poor attitudes.

Lebowski Brickowski
03-29-2007, 01:34 PM

you can't be serious

pussyface
03-29-2007, 01:37 PM
this will be two of the biggest douche bags in the whole industry going head to head for the title of "biggest douche in the universe."

LilMissSPURfect
03-29-2007, 01:38 PM
you can't be serious
no, he's a mavs fan! :p:

pussyface
03-29-2007, 01:38 PM
i give the edge to rome, but only just slightly

monosylab1k
03-29-2007, 01:39 PM

excuse me, i meant wrist.

leemajors
03-29-2007, 01:55 PM
i imagine rome talked about what a great interview it was afterwards. a lot.

monosylab1k
03-29-2007, 01:56 PM
i imagine rome talked about what a great interview it was afterwards. a lot.

his show would be alot better if he called every guest girl names and then got his ass beat.

Testing
03-29-2007, 02:00 PM
I thought this thread would summarize what was said in the interview........:wtf Instead I find a debate between Mavs and Spurs fans over who hates Bowen and weather or not an old game picture there was a foul......

monosylab1k
03-29-2007, 02:02 PM
I thought this thread would summarize what was said in the interview........:wtf Instead I find a debate between Mavs and Spurs fans over who hates Bowen and weather or not an old game picture there was a foul......

live and learn.

mardigan
03-29-2007, 02:09 PM
He said he didnt think Kobe was a dirty player, that Kobes streak was amazing. That the Spurs are playing good ball right now, and that its important for them to keep it up all the way into the playoffs. Was asked if he thought if the Spurs fo would ever bring in a guy like Artest, to whick he replied no. ,Talked about his family and his child on the way, and life after basketball, not much about the SPurs though, more life type questions than anything.

smrattler
03-29-2007, 02:22 PM
What was said? Didn't hear it, but do you ever really need to hear a Rome interview? Just imagine it went something like:

Bowen: Thank you for having me

Then Bowen tries to talk intelligently while Rome replies with wanting to rack him for some reason and inserts the word "Niiiiiiiiice" as often as possible. Actually, more often than possible.

phyzik
03-29-2007, 02:25 PM
He said he didnt think Kobe was a dirty player, that Kobes streak was amazing. That the Spurs are playing good ball right now, and that its important for them to keep it up all the way into the playoffs. Was asked if he thought if the Spurs fo would ever bring in a guy like Artest, to whick he replied no. ,Talked about his family and his child on the way, and life after basketball, not much about the SPurs though, more life type questions than anything.

And how much he owned Dirk on that totally legit blocked shot in the playoffs last year. Dont forget that part.

monosylab1k
03-29-2007, 02:28 PM
And how much he owned Dirk on that totally legit blocked shot in the playoffs last year. Dont forget that part.

Hopefully he kept it cheery and didn't mention the Mavericks winning that series.

P.S. Yeah I know the Mavs choked and lost in the Finals, so you can keep your tired, boring comeback firmly implanted up your ass, don't pull it out of there please.

stretch
03-29-2007, 03:07 PM
Too bad Dirk owned him and Ginobili at the same time with the 3-point play in game 7... a play that actually mattered.

Trainwreck2100
03-29-2007, 03:29 PM
didnt bother me, because there was still like 30 seconds left on the clock.

it didn't bother Bruce either, he was supposed to let him go, rather than risk a three point play.

stretch
03-29-2007, 03:32 PM
it didn't bother Bruce either, he was supposed to let him go, rather than risk a three point play.
I strongly doubt that popovich told Bowen to simply let Dirk get past him and score freely, because they were scared of Dirk getting a 3-point play. either way, he got the play, and led the Mavs to victory. the end.

mabber
03-29-2007, 03:34 PM

He wasn't supposed to foul him, he wasn't supposed to "let him go".

mardigan
03-29-2007, 03:34 PM
I strongly doubt that popovich told Bowen to simply let Dirk get past him and score freely, because they were scared of Dirk getting a 3-point play. either way, he got the play, and led the Mavs to victory. the end.
Why you got to turn this into a smack thread?

Dave McNulla
03-29-2007, 03:36 PM
it don't mean a thing if you don't get that ring...

stretch
03-29-2007, 03:37 PM
Why you got to turn this inot a smack thread?
its not smack. its the fact. whats stupid is saying that Bowen was supposed to let Dirk go by.

ambchang
03-29-2007, 03:39 PM
I thought Steve Francis never had a problem with Bowen, it was Thomas wasn't it?
And it is hilarious reading Mavs fan bring up last year's 7-game series win over the Spurs over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, then ridicule Spurs fans for bringing up the 3 rings/last year's Mavs choke in the finals over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

mardigan
03-29-2007, 03:40 PM
its not smack. its the fact. whats stupid is saying that Bowen was supposed to let Dirk go by.
Saying Bowen sucks monkey balls is smack, if I said that about Howard Mavs fans would get their pantys all in a bunch. Bowen plays Dirk as well as anyone in the league

stretch
03-29-2007, 03:40 PM
Saying Bowen sucks monkey balls is smack, if I said that about Howard Mavs fans would get their pantys all in a bunch. Bowen plays Dirk as well as anyone in the league
Dude. It was a joke.

mardigan
03-29-2007, 03:44 PM
Dude. It was a joke.I know it was a joke, but you have to expect SPur fans to come out swinging when they read tha, thus turning it into a smack forum. Kind of like when Spurdynasty goes into Mav gameblogs to infest it with caca. Although I would never compare you to ol' SD

Mixability
03-29-2007, 03:56 PM
so much for hearing about the interview.....

mardigan
03-29-2007, 04:00 PM
so much for hearing about the interview.....
I put the jist of what he said a couple of posts up, it was an ok interview, mostly about personal stuff, family, life after basketball, the long hard journey he took to the NBA, stuff like that

Kermit
03-29-2007, 04:03 PM
I thought Steve Francis never had a problem with Bowen, it was Thomas wasn't it?
And it is hilarious reading Mavs fan bring up last year's 7-game series win over the Spurs over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, then ridicule Spurs fans for bringing up the 3 rings/last year's Mavs choke in the finals over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
most of them are too stupid to see this irony. i almost feel bad for them, seeing as how they have nothing to show for that series win but a bunch of used tissues and a gaping asshole courtesy wade and company.

sandman
03-29-2007, 05:59 PM

Sig worthy

picnroll
03-29-2007, 06:14 PM

You mean happening just after Dirk hooked Bowen.

angel_luv
03-29-2007, 06:17 PM
Bruce Bowen is speaking after the game tomorrow as a part of the annual Christian fellowship night at the AT&T Center.
I am really looking forward to it- he always does such an excellent job. :)

Chris
03-29-2007, 09:20 PM
Quotes (indirect) from show:

Spurs forward Bruce Bowen is a great interview. Bruce has been coming on this show for a number of years now and I never get sick of hearing his story. He went from being un-drafted out of Cal State Fullerton to playing overseas to the CBA, then after bouncing around a couple of NBA teams he landed with the Spurs and has starting for them for six years. Two championships later and three straight all-defensive first team seasons, Bruce is still going strong as he approaches his 36th birthday.

Bruce told me that the Mavericks have had a great regular season and that it hasn't been frustrating at all winning 18 of 20 games and still looking up and being nine games back of the Mavs in the standings. Bruce said they have a veteran team with a bunch of guys who have been here before and they know what they need to do to get ready for the playoffs.

The Spurs have won 50+ games for eight straight seasons now, which is remarkable for any sports franchise in this day in age to sustain that kind of success. Bruce says a lot of it has to do with the front office bringing in quality guys as well as quality players. You don't see the Spurs going out and getting a player with questionable character, you just don't.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Did you know Bruce Bowen has a home page (http://www.brucebowen.com) ?

stretch
03-29-2007, 09:31 PM
You mean happening just after Dirk hooked Bowen.
I know a Spurs fan isnt complaining about small hooks... especially with Tim Duncan, who uses hooks to his advantage more than any player in NBA history.

All great players found a way to use things that are normally illegal, in a way that refs dont see, or wont call. ALL great players have or had their dirty little tricks. That is part of what makes them great. That they know what they can and cant get away with.

picnroll
03-29-2007, 10:17 PM
I know a Spurs fan isnt complaining about small hooks... especially with Tim Duncan, who uses hooks to his advantage more than any player in NBA history.

All great players found a way to use things that are normally illegal, in a way that refs dont see, or wont call. ALL great players have or had their dirty little tricks. That is part of what makes them great. That they know what they can and cant get away with.
When you extend your arm it isn't a small hook.

jack0fspeed
03-30-2007, 01:17 PM

The shoulder isn't part of the ball.

Suffice it to say that Bowen should not have been able to block that shot from that position. In fact, it wasn't clean. But it didn't get called so whatever.

The Mavs won that series in spite of the bad call.

Louae
03-30-2007, 02:01 PM
The shoulder isn't part of the ball.

Suffice it to say that Bowen should not have been able to block that shot from that position. In fact, it wasn't clean. But it didn't get called so whatever.

The Mavs won that series in spite of the bad call.

Well, the Mavs certainly had a lot of help to even get to that point. Here are the facts....

1) There was a 36 hour turnaround between Game 6 of the Spurs - Kings
series and Game 1 of Spurs - Mavs series. Essentially, making this the
tail end of a back to back for the Spurs first home game. No matter, the
Spurs win inspite of the injustice.

2) Game 2 of the series was the 3rd game in 4 and half days. I'm surprised
most people didn't understand why the game ended in a Mavs blowout.
Sure, the calls weren't the greatest, but the Spurs didn't have the energy
to be competitive in that game. The league's TV schedule did not help
the Spurs protect their homecourt advantage.

3) Game 3 of the series ended with our most dominant player, Duncan,
fouling out at the end of the game on some fluke play where
Dirk steps on Duncan's foot. Not to mention, the Mavs scored from the
the free throw line on 10 of the final 15 Mav scoring possessions in the
4th quarter. Mav fans complain about the calls D. Wade got in the Finals,
but ignore the same treatment Dirk got in the Western Conference Semis.
It was sweet justice in my opinion.

4) Game 4 of the series ended with our second best player, Ginobili, getting
fouled out for the end of the fourth quarter and overtime. Again, the
calls were very questionable to get him out of the game. I'm not crying
conspiracy, I'm just pointing out that it was unfortunate the Spurs had
so much adversity in this series due to the calls.

After all that, it's amazing the Spurs still made a series of it after all they had to overcome. And to think, they almost beat the Mavs playing their brand of ball. Simply amazing.

With the way the spurs playing now, I'm very confident we can pull it off. I just hope we can get homecourt advantage over the Suns. I still think it would be hard to beat both the Suns and Mavs on the road. I think we really need to have homecourt over the Suns to make this really realistic.

mabber
03-30-2007, 02:08 PM
Well, the Mavs certainly had a lot of help to even get to that point. Here are the facts....

1) There was a 36 hour turnaround between Game 6 of the Spurs - Kings
series and Game 1 of Spurs - Mavs series. Essentially, making this the
tail end of a back to back for the Spurs first home game. No matter, the
Spurs win inspite of the injustice.

2) Game 2 of the series was the 3rd game in 4 and half days. I'm surprised
most people didn't understand why the game ended in a Mavs blowout.
Sure, the calls weren't the greatest, but the Spurs didn't have the energy
to be competitive in that game. The league's TV schedule did not help
the Spurs protect their homecourt advantage.

3) Game 3 of the series ended with our most dominant player, Duncan,
fouling out at the end of the game on some fluke play where
Dirk steps on Duncan's foot. Not to mention, the Mavs scored from the
the free throw line on 10 of the final 15 Mav scoring possessions in the
4th quarter. Mav fans complain about the calls D. Wade got in the Finals,
but ignore the same treatment Dirk got in the Western Conference Semis.
It was sweet justice in my opinion.

4) Game 4 of the series ended with our second best player, Ginobili, getting
fouled out for the end of the fourth quarter and overtime. Again, the
calls were very questionable to get him out of the game. I'm not crying
conspiracy, I'm just pointing out that it was unfortunate the Spurs had
so much adversity in this series due to the calls.
After all that, it's amazing the Spurs still made a series of it after all they had to overcome. And to think, they almost beat the Mavs playing their brand of ball. Simply amazing.

With the way the spurs playing now, I'm very confident we can pull it off. I just hope we can get homecourt advantage over the Suns. I still think it would be hard to beat both the Suns and Mavs on the road. I think we really need to have homecourt over the Suns to make this really realistic.

Translation: The refs cost us the series.

nkdlunch
03-30-2007, 02:11 PM
Did he mention how he is physically. Bowen needs to be ready to kick Dirt's ass in the playoffs

Louae
03-30-2007, 03:17 PM
Translation: The refs cost us the series.

Karma's a bitch. That's why it was sweet justice seeing the Mavs go down in the Finals. It wasn't the fact that they lost to the Heat. It was the way they lost to the Heat that made it so sweet.

LilMissSPURfect
03-30-2007, 03:30 PM
good grief!

SequSpur
03-30-2007, 04:04 PM
Nice!

War Bowen.. War Spurs.. War Southsiders..

Rack him!

Out.

angel_luv
03-30-2007, 11:40 PM
Bruce Bowen is speaking after the game tomorrow as a part of the annual Christian fellowship night at the AT&T Center.
I am really looking forward to it- he always does such an excellent job. :)

Bruce was wonderful as the guest speaker for the Friday Night Fellowship tonight.
It was either the 19 or 20th annual time the Spurs have sponsored the event. Russ Bookbinder said 20. The Signage said 19.

Anyway, Bruce wore a sharp brown suit and gold tie. He looked very handsome.

Some of the things he spoke on were the right attitude to have during hard times and how we ought to be kind to one another.

:lol My favorite part:

Bruce, laughingly, compared playing Ray Allen to a ( Biblical) Job-like situation since accusations against Bruce seem to come out of it.

Bruce also announced his new baby that's on the way. :clap

Everyone seemed to have a really good time; I know I did.
Bruce is really cool. :fro