PDA

View Full Version : Spurs #1 in ESPN Power rankings

The Admiral
03-29-2007, 07:50 PM
ESPN Power rankings (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerranking)

Flight3107
03-29-2007, 07:53 PM
Spurs have been #1 in Hollingers rankings for the last month. Where have you been?

mavs>spurs2
03-29-2007, 07:53 PM
Uh...I don't get why they're ranked 1. The guy comes out and says himself that he doesn't think they can get past Dallas and Phoenix.

The Admiral
03-29-2007, 07:54 PM
I'm new to the board. Sorry.

The Admiral
03-29-2007, 07:54 PM
Uh...I don't get why they're ranked 1. The guy comes out and says himself that he doesn't think they can get past Dallas and Phoenix.

I believe that was a fan's comment.

Samr
03-29-2007, 07:56 PM
If you were so inclined, you could use stats alone to make Atlanta like the place to be in exactly three years. You can put stats to anything; you can make potential look like a reality. Spurs are not number one right now, but that is what happens when you form an opinion with statistics.

Yes I am beating a dead horse.

Flight3107
03-29-2007, 08:02 PM

Because the rankings are based on a FORMULA

lefty
03-29-2007, 08:13 PM
Daily rankings are :sleep :sleep

milkyway21
03-29-2007, 08:15 PM
knock on wood but if i remember correctly most of the time this team made it to #1 in the rankings they start start to lose some games.

sometimes i think it's a curse, IMO.

i hope we will win tomorrow against Utah and i start believing the rankings is a booster for this team. :p:

:flag:

SpursWoman
03-29-2007, 08:18 PM
The problem with Spurs fans is they seem to forget game 7 of last years Mavs-Spurs series.

This was a funny comment. I'm not likely to forget for a while. We were one stupid ass foul away from sending the Mavs fishing ... and then *BAMMMM* it was gone. I don't forget shit like that easily. :lol

Flight3107
03-29-2007, 08:18 PM
knock on wood but if i remember correctly most of the times this team made it to #1 in the ranking they start start to lose some games. i.e. last month.

sometimes i think it's a curse, IMO.

i hope we will win tomorrow against Utah and i start believing the rankings is a booster for this team.

:flag:

They have been #1 in Hollingers rankings for the last month even after the B2B losses.

Leetonidas
03-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Hollinger's rankings go buy stats, mainly point differential and such. The Spurs are at 8.99 and the Mavs are at 8.13 which is why we're on top I believe

J.T.
03-29-2007, 08:46 PM
lol @ this comment

Michael (Austin)
The problem with Spurs fans is they seem to forget game 7 of last years Mavs-Spurs series. Dallas has proven they can go through the West. Can the Spurs go through the Suns and then the Mavs? I don't think so.

I like how Mavfan thinks his team is a shoe-in for the Finals this year. Yeah, sweet ass record is hot and all, but that's not a first class ticket to June. What's really sad is that the Mavs will probably go another 20+ years without a title yet still talk about beating the Spurs in 2006 like it's the next best thing.

Flight3107
03-29-2007, 08:49 PM
lol @ this comment

Michael (Austin)
The problem with Spurs fans is they seem to forget game 7 of last years Mavs-Spurs series. Dallas has proven they can go through the West. Can the Spurs go through the Suns and then the Mavs? I don't think so.

I like how Mavfan thinks his team is a shoe-in for the Finals this year. Yeah, sweet ass record is hot and all, but that's not a first class ticket to June. What's really sad is that the Mavs will probably go another 20+ years without a title yet still talk about beating the Spurs in 2006 like it's the next best thing.

:rolleyes

pking
03-29-2007, 08:50 PM
lol @ this comment

Michael (Austin)

Not all Mavs fans think that.

stretch
03-29-2007, 09:16 PM
This was a funny comment. I'm not likely to forget for a while. We were one stupid ass foul away from sending the Mavs fishing ... and then *BAMMMM* it was gone. I don't forget shit like that easily. :lol
Just like the Mavs were 1 shot away from sending them away in 5. Or the Spurs were 2 or 3 plays away from being up 3-1, instead of the Mavs being up 3-1, or that Dirk was 1 missed FT away from losing game 7, or the Mavs were a Dirk injury away from beating the Spurs in 2002-2003, etc...

who gives a shit? The Mavs won last year, thats all that matters. No "what if's." Its a new fucking season.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-29-2007, 09:19 PM
Just like the Mavs were 1 shot away from sending them away in 5. Or the Spurs were 2 or 3 plays away from being up 3-1, instead of the Mavs being up 3-1, or that Dirk was 1 missed FT away from losing game 7, or the Mavs were a Dirk injury away from beating the Spurs in 2002-2003, etc...

who gives a shit? The Mavs won last year, thats all that matters. No "what if's." Its a new fucking season.

:tu

ponky
03-29-2007, 09:21 PM
lol @ this comment

Michael (Austin)

i will root for my team no matter what, win or lose. if you think that's sad, so be it. i hope that i always remember the 06 spurs/mavs series, the 05 rockets/mavs series, regardless of whether the mavs get a trophy or not, those are some very memorable series.

sprrs
03-29-2007, 09:22 PM

That's not what the guy who posted that comment on the power rankings thinks.

MavsDynasty
03-29-2007, 09:24 PM
lol @ this comment

Michael (Austin)

Mavs are the most doubted team in NBA history. it will be more sweeter when we win the title in June

stretch
03-29-2007, 09:28 PM
That's not what the guy who posted that comment on the power rankings thinks.
Thats not my problem. What I said wasnt a thought. Its the truth. What happened last year, was last year. This is a new year. Last year means nothing now.

pking
03-29-2007, 09:42 PM
i will root for my team no matter what, win or lose. if you think that's sad, so be it. i hope that i always remember the 06 spurs/mavs series, the 05 rockets/mavs series, regardless of whether the mavs get a trophy or not, those are some very memorable series.

Man, I went to game 7 of that Mavs/Rockets series -- my boss gave me tickets for free (sweet!) -- and my friend and I were just looking at eachother like 'is this really happening?!' haha...ah, don't think anybody expected that kind of game 7.

/rant

I agree with you though. I actually was a lot more excited when we beat San Antonio than when we beat Phoenix last year. Not that I wasn't completely stoked to make it to the finals, but I literally went skipping down my street after game 7 ended screaming "We beat the champs! We beat the champs!" I've just always had so much respect for the Spurs, I was excited to finally make it over that mountain.

ponky
03-29-2007, 09:45 PM
Man, I went to game 7 of that Mavs/Rockets series -- my boss gave me tickets for free (sweet!) -- and my friend and I were just looking at eachother like 'is this really happening?!' haha...ah, don't think anybody expected that kind of game 7.

/rant

I agree with you though. I actually was a lot more excited when we beat San Antonio than when we beat Phoenix last year. Not that I wasn't completely stoked to make it to the finals, but I literally went skipping down my street after game 7 ended screaming "We beat the champs! We beat the champs!" I've just always had so much respect for the Spurs, I was excited to finally make it over that mountain.

lol, yeah that game 7 was a trouncing but in terms of competition, a complete letdown thanks to the rockets...at least you guys saw some serious pwnage by the mavs. i too was more excited about the win over the spurs than over the suns, it's been a long time *in the making* and made up for the 2003 mavs/spurs series. i went to the first game of that 03 series in s.a. and it's another memory i'll keep, the free throw trouncing! such a blow when dirk went down in game three.

mavs>spurs2
03-29-2007, 09:48 PM
lol @ "mavsdynasty"

Obstructed_View
03-29-2007, 10:39 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, the Dallas Mavericks, the new league leaders in both "ifs" AND "buts".

lefty
03-30-2007, 12:25 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, the Dallas Mavericks, the new league leaders in both "ifs" AND "buts".
:toast

SpursWoman
03-30-2007, 06:06 AM

Maybe it makes you and your good friend Michael from Austin feel better about the outcome of last season if you just forget it ever happened ... but it did, just like the Spurs' did. Moving on with the new season doesn't make the last one disappear. :lol

You got awfully defensive for a remark that wasn't even directed at you. Are you Michael in Austin, and thought your little quip in the ESPN power rankings was pretty brilliant or what? :drunk

lefty
03-30-2007, 09:56 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerranking

This has not been said enough, "Manu doesn't commit that dumb foul, we are talking about the Spurs and a three-peat this season." Just remember that all of you Dallas fans, because that isn't happening twice.

LEONARD
03-30-2007, 10:24 AM

I like how "SpursFan" thinks that all "Mavfan" think that way...

Mavs - Spurs = coin flip in 7 game series
Mavs - Suns = coin flip in 7 game series
Suns - Spurs = coin flip in 7 game series

It's gonna be fun...

anon101
03-30-2007, 10:47 AM

This has not been said enough, "Manu doesn't commit that dumb foul, we are talking about the Spurs and a three-peat this season." Just remember that all of you Dallas fans, because that isn't happening twice.

Given that its incorrect, it has been said way too often. Even putting aside the assumption the Spurs would have won the next two rounds (certainly the most likely result), the Dirk score/Manu foul was not a last second play. There was over 20 seconds to go when it happened. If Manu doesn't foul, Dirk finishes his wide-open lay-up and its a 1 point game with 20 seconds to go--lots of things can happen then, especially since San Antonio's not a great free-throw shooting team.

And it would also be just as true that if the Spurs could have scored on the most important possession of their season (Game 7, game tied, 20 seconds to do something), then they would have moved on. The inability to score when they absolutely had to is on more than Manu.

spursreport
03-31-2007, 02:45 PM
Maybe it makes you and your good friend Michael from Austin feel better about the outcome of last season if you just forget it ever happened ... but it did, just like the Spurs' did. Moving on with the new season doesn't make the last one disappear. :lol

You got awfully defensive for a remark that wasn't even directed at you. Are you Michael in Austin, and thought your little quip in the ESPN power rankings was pretty brilliant or what? :drunk

Well this is the same poster who thinks the road to the finals is going to be alot easier then last year. He thinks the Mavs will go 12-2/12-3 (beat the Warriors in 5 or less which I agree with, sweeping the rockets and beating the Spurs or Suns in 5) during the first 3 rounds of the west playoffs. He thinks the Mavs dont have to prove anything or they have small weaknesses but everyone else does has serious concerns.

mabber
03-31-2007, 02:56 PM
Well this is the same poster who thinks the road to the finals is going to be alot easier then last year. He thinks the Mavs will go 12-2/12-3 (beat the Warriors in 5 or less which I agree with, sweeping the rockets and beating the Spurs or Suns in 5) during the first 3 rounds of the west playoffs. He thinks the Mavs dont have to prove anything or they have small weaknesses but everyone else does has serious concerns.

I think dallas will beat the Clippers (not Warriors) in 4-5 games, the Rockets/Jazz in 5-6 games, the Spurs/Suns in 6-7 games and the Pistons/Heat in 5-6 games. So best case scenario they go 16-4 (12-3) in the western conference. If I had to bet I'd say they'll play LA Clippers, Rockets, Spurs & Pistons.

Or they could lose and then I'd be :depressed

AlamoSpursFan
03-31-2007, 03:03 PM
Zack (Garland)
I wonder if anyone one has noticed that while everyone is talking about the Spurs, the Mavs are just one game away from their fourth 10 game winning streak of the season.

:lmao

Hey Zack...how many NBA Titles do your beloved Mavs have to go along with those 10 game winning streaks?

:lol

TheMulvany
03-31-2007, 03:17 PM

The same Manu that put the Spurs up by 3 points in the first place?

The Mavs had a 20 point lead in that game. I could go back and point at about 15 mistakes that they made. The Spurs make one mistake and they lose a game. That's how bad they suck, right?

The Spurs had everythign in their favor in the series: Home court advantage, Duncan getting 40 freethrows per game, and Terry getting suspended for game 6.

How many points did the Spurs get outscored by in the series? like 30? In the 3 games the Spurs won, they outscored the Mavs by about 5 points total. The Mavs could have swept the series easily.

And the series should have been over in 5. Bowen fouled Dirk. It would have been freethrows to win the game, but the refs didn't call it. Don't deny it. There have been pictures all over the internet of it showing Bowen got all arm on that "blocked shot." If the right call is made the series is over.

So shut your homer ass up claiming it was a close series. It was a blowout. The Spurs got stomped. Everything went in your favor and you still lost.

ponky
03-31-2007, 03:18 PM
:lmao

Hey Zack...how many NBA Titles do your beloved Mavs have to go along with those 10 game winning streaks?

so did you include those emoticons to let us know that your post was supposed to be funny? anyway, get into the present, you have a great team this season, they're hot right now, no need to continue with the linus blanket complex of "well at least we have rings, so there!"

DubMcDub
03-31-2007, 03:49 PM

This was a funny comment. I'm not likely to forget for a while. We were one stupid ass foul away from sending the Mavs fishing ... and then *BAMMMM* it was gone. I don't forget shit like that easily.

......... :rolleyes

AlamoSpursFan
03-31-2007, 03:51 PM
so did you include those emoticons to let us know that your post was supposed to be funny? anyway, get into the present, you have a great team this season, they're hot right now, no need to continue with the linus blanket complex of "well at least we have rings, so there!"

Ummm. We do have the rings.

Methinks the Mavs fan doth protest too much.

ChumpDumper
03-31-2007, 03:54 PM
The funniest thing about mavfans is their inability to let their teams' record speak for itself.

phyzik
03-31-2007, 04:02 PM
And the series should have been over in 5. Bowen fouled Dirk. It would have been freethrows to win the game, but the refs didn't call it. Don't deny it. There have been pictures all over the internet of it showing Bowen got all arm on that "blocked shot." If the right call is made the series is over.

So shut your homer ass up claiming it was a close series. It was a blowout. The Spurs got stomped. Everything went in your favor and you still lost.

You mean THIS picture?

http://www.mysanantonio.com/multimedia/slideshows/show_867/ACF25CB.jpg

And THIS rule?

http://www.nba.com/features/misunderstoodrules_051128.html#Incidental_Contact

Incidental Contact: The mere fact that contact occurs does not mean a foul has been committed. Players are allowed to contact other players when reaching for a loose ball, or when performing normal offensive and defensive movements. The hand is considered “ part of the ball” when it is in contact with the ball and contact with a players hand when it is in contact with the ball is not a foul.

get over it, it was a clean block.

DubMcDub
03-31-2007, 06:14 PM
I enjoy how the Spurs fans like downplaying the importance of the Mavs regular season success but seem quite keen on pointing out the hypothetical what-ifs as to what happened in game 7.

I guess the regular season is just so worthless that it means even less than what DIDNT happen in the playoffs :lol.

SRJ
03-31-2007, 06:25 PM
I for one am not a Spurs fan who is downplaying the Mavs record. I've been impressed with what the Mavs have accomplished this season, and I happen to think the Spurs are the only team with a good chance to defeat the Mavs. The Suns have a puncher's chance, Houston might win two games against them if everything breaks right - everyone else is chum against Dallas.

However, I'm really looking forward to seeing if the Mavs can win 65-68 (or more) and cash that in. Every team that ever won 65+ has won the title except for the 73 Celtics (10-1). If the Mavs screw that up, it'll be a historic level choke (unless there's a big injury).

SpursWoman
03-31-2007, 06:27 PM
I enjoy how the Spurs fans like downplaying the importance of the Mavs regular season success but seem quite keen on pointing out the hypothetical what-ifs as to what happened in game 7.

An off-handed little comment is "quite keen"? You guys keep taking what I said TOTALLY out of context and blowing it out of proportion.

Paranoid, much? :lol

DubMcDub
03-31-2007, 06:44 PM
An off-handed little comment is "quite keen"? You guys keep taking what I said TOTALLY out of context and blowing it out of proportion.

Paranoid, much? :lol

It wasnt really directed at you. If it was some off the cuff remark that had only shown up once or twice, then no. But it's probably been posted a thousand times, and where it was quoted from in this particular thread was actually from the published comment on Hollinger's power rankings.

So no. Not paranoid. Just rather amused.

SpursWoman
03-31-2007, 07:01 PM
I was actually referencing what you quoted from me with the " :rolleyes ". You quoted me as an example of why you thought OV's post was a joke, and by doing so you totally took my comment out of context.

To be clear for the reading impaired:

My remark wasn't : "Mavs fan, you dumbass, don't be so cocky...if it wasn't for one stupid foul the Mavs would have been fishing a little earlier."

My remark did mean: "WTF? How does that fucktard think a Spurs fan would forget the heartbreak of having that series ripped from our guts in that terrible heartbreaker? No fan forgets that easily.... 0.4 still makes us cringe."

Sorry, I didn't realize it's meaning was that obscure.

DubMcDub
03-31-2007, 07:14 PM
Sorry, I didn't realize it's meaning was that obscure.

It was ABUNDANTLY clear the implications you made by writing that. The error in your comparison to the Fisher .4 thing is that you absolutely know for a fact that, if Fisher had missed that, the Spurs would have won.

Read again what you wrote--"one stupid Manu foul away from sending the Mavs fishing". How do you know? As someone in this very thread indicated, sans the foul it would have been a 1 point game and the Spurs are not the best free throw shooting team around.

Your purpose in writing that may have been a bit different from the lot of Spurs fans who want to "keep Mavs fans in check" by reminding them that the Spurs gave away the game rather than the Mavs taking it, but in the end you came off just like the rest--talking of hypotheticals and could-have-beens when really you have no idea what would have happened.

All that matters is what did happen.

DubMcDub
04-01-2007, 12:42 AM
regular. season. champions. eat it mermaids

Again, I say to this--better to be regular season "champions" than 3rd place in the conference.

As far as this season goes, Mavs fans have an impressive regular season resume to be proud of. Spurs fans have....weak ass claims and unfounded promises of what "is going to happen" in the playoffs--which, by the way, are eerily similar to claims made last year when the Mavs were worse and the Spurs were better.

T Park
04-01-2007, 12:57 AM
Again, I say to this--better to be regular season "champions" than 3rd place in the conference.

WHO HOOO!!

WERE GONNA HOIST ANOTHER WORTHLESS PIECE OF STRING TO THE RAFTERS!!

jman3000
04-01-2007, 01:01 AM
i dont think the spurs gave up the game. they were down by ... 20 something iirc after dallas shot 99.9% in the first half. they fought back valiantly and took what the mavs had deserved... the mavs just took it back.

DubMcDub
04-01-2007, 01:26 AM
WHO HOOO!!

WERE GONNA HOIST ANOTHER WORTHLESS PIECE OF STRING TO THE RAFTERS!!

...and thus you quite brilliantly prove my point. Bravo.

Trainwreck2100
04-01-2007, 01:37 AM
Mavs lost to "15 strong" :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

and .........wait a minute :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol "15 str...." :lol :lol :lol :lol

Let me gather myself here, the Mavs proved last year that you don't need to be better than them to beat them.

SpursWoman
04-01-2007, 07:52 AM
Read again what you wrote--"one stupid Manu foul away from sending the Mavs fishing". How do you know? As someone in this very thread indicated, sans the foul it would have been a 1 point game and the Spurs are not the best free throw shooting team around.

Who gives a shit? The point was it was a heartbreak that won't be forgotten for a while, I'm not sure why you feel you need to read so much more into it than what I meant. I don't care what "all the other Spurs fans have said millions of times" or whatever, I didn't, and don't quote me as if I did.

It was ABUNDANTLY clear the implications you made by writing that. The error in your comparison to the Fisher .4 thing is that you absolutely know for a fact that, if Fisher had missed that, the Spurs would have won.

You obviously didn't find what I said ABUNDANTLY clear if you think it was the actual event I was talking about and not the heartbreak that resulted. It doesn't matter how the heartbreak happened, (a last minute shot or a last minute foul) it did, and it's not likely to be be forgotten...like the dumbass that I had quoted said.

Obstructed_View
04-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Mavs fans have an impressive regular season resume to be proud of.
That's what happens when your team chokes in the playoffs.

stretch
04-01-2007, 01:41 PM

I wasnt any more defensive of my team, than you were of yours. you used a "what if" statement, and i showed you that you can use about 10 different "what ifs" for both teams, but ultimately, it doesnt mean a thing. then i proceeded to state facts. the Mavs won that series. and that what happened last year, means NOTHING. i dont see how that is in any way, shape, or form, defending what Michael in Austin said one bit, if i said that last season doesnt mean anything. perhaps you should spend a little more time reading my posts, instead of just being ignorant.

SpursWoman
04-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Oh, man. :lmao

stretch
04-01-2007, 01:49 PM
They will win the first 2 rounds in 5 or less. MAYBE 6 in round 2, if they have to face the Rockets (im not sure where you got the idea that i said we would absolutely sweep the Rockets, but then again, you never have been good at being able to quote people correctly). The Spurs can take them to 7, but i think the Mavs will win in 6. The Suns can take them to 6 at best, but i think the Mavs would win this one in 5. keep in mind that the Spurs and Suns will each have a MUCH harder road to the WCF than the Mavericks do. They will have to play the Lakers or Nuggets in the 1st round (who is MUCH tougher and rougher than both the Warriors or Clippers). Then they have the pleasure of playing each other in the second round, and whoever wins is going to come out beat to shit (either the Suns will run the shit out of the Spurs, or the Spurs will bruise the hell out of the Suns). Sorry but with the roads that those teams have to face, and not being able to have HCA against Dallas, i dont see either of those teams being able to take the series to 7 games. The Spurs are the only team that IMO, has a chance at beating Dallas this year, but after a tiring series with the Suns, I dont think they will have the gas to keep up with Dallas, or slow Dallas down, or whatever strategy they choose to use.

stretch
04-01-2007, 01:51 PM
Oh, man. :lmao
no shitty reply of your usual utter ignorance? im insulted.

spursreport
04-01-2007, 01:57 PM
They will win the first 2 rounds in 5 or less. MAYBE 6 in round 2, if they have to face the Rockets (im not sure where you got the idea that i said we would absolutely sweep the Rockets, but then again, you never have been good at being able to quote people correctly). The Spurs can take them to 7, but i think the Mavs will win in 6. The Suns can take them to 6 at best, but i think the Mavs would win this one in 5. keep in mind that the Spurs and Suns will each have a MUCH harder road to the WCF than the Mavericks do. They will have to play the Lakers or Nuggets in the 1st round (who is MUCH tougher and rougher than both the Warriors or Clippers). Then they have the pleasure of playing each other in the second round, and whoever wins is going to come out beat to shit (either the Suns will run the shit out of the Spurs, or the Spurs will bruise the hell out of the Suns). Sorry but with the roads that those teams have to face, and not being able to have HCA against Dallas, i dont see either of those teams being able to take the series to 7 games. The Spurs are the only team that IMO, has a chance at beating Dallas this year, but after a tiring series with the Suns, I dont think they will have the gas to keep up with Dallas, or slow Dallas down, or whatever strategy they choose to use.

Yao is just as soft as Dirk was 3-4 years ago. He will get his points, but is not capable of leading his team to victory. T-Mac is good, and is about the only truly good thing they have going for them. Their other players are too inconsistent, young, and they lack depth majorly. They have no one that can guard Dirk. Howard, Harris, Stack, and Terry will also be tough guards, and they dont have enough people to stop more than 2 of those guys at a time. The Mavs can rotate Howard, George, and Buckner on T-Mac. That, and they have Jeff Van Gundy. The Mavs simply have too much depth and firepower over the Rockets, plus 100000000000000000000000000000x better coaching.

Mavs in 5, maybe a sweep.

HCA is overrated and you as a Mavs fan ought to know that. Anyways I found your quote claiming your sweep prediction. Stop denying shit that you say hypocrite! :rolleyes :rolleyes

stretch
04-01-2007, 02:00 PM
HCA is overrated and you as a Mavs fan ought to know that. Anyways I found your quote claiming your sweep prediction. Stop denying shit that you say hypocrite! :rolleyes :rolleyes
I never denied that. I said MAYBE a sweep. And its possible. Its also possible that it will go 6. but IMO, the Mavs will win in 5. learn to read, dipshit.

HCA may be overrated, but it doesnt mean that it makes no difference. HCA can make a difference. ask any fucking player. would they rather have HCA or not? im sure 100% of the replies will say they would prefer HCA if possible.

spursreport
04-01-2007, 02:03 PM
I never denied that. I said MAYBE a sweep. And its possible. Its also possible that it will go 6. but IMO, the Mavs will win in 5. learn to read, dipshit.

HCA may be overrated, but it doesnt mean that it makes no difference. HCA can make a difference. ask any fucking player. would they rather have HCA or not? im sure 100% of the replies will say they would prefer HCA if possible.

HCA made such a difference against Miami last year in the finals. They only had a title ceremony on your court. HCA is nice to have but it doesnt do shit in terms of health and execution along with mental toughness. Great teams can win anywhere. You are such a goddamn hypocrite who claims to always be right.

stretch
04-01-2007, 02:05 PM
HCA made such a difference against Miami last year in the finals. They only had a title ceremony on your court. HCA is nice to have but it doesnt do shit in terms of health and execution along with mental toughness. Great teams can win anywhere.
Oh, I agree 100%. But I would much rather my team have HCA, than not. Im sure even you would agree. Who the fuck would say that they want the 8th seed, just so they DON'T have HCA?

stretch
04-01-2007, 02:07 PM
You are such a goddamn hypocrite who claims to always be right.

just when i thought you were actually capable of having a decent basketball related discussion, you go and edit your post with this shit...

spursreport
04-01-2007, 02:10 PM
just when i thought you were actually capable of having a decent basketball related discussion, you go and edit your post with this shit...

Well you claim in one thread Mavs over 5 or a possible sweep against Houston and in this one you claim something different. Which one is it because you are obviously contradicting yourself like you always do. I am capable of having a decent basketball discussion but when you claim how perfect your Mavs are and always fucking contradict yourself about all sorts of things along with having to put people down with cursewords (you claim it to be joking which is a load of bullshit), it is hard to have a basketball discussion with someone like you. :rolleyes :rolleyes

stretch
04-01-2007, 02:13 PM
Well you claim in one thread Mavs over 5 or a possible sweep against Houston and in this one you claim something different. Which one is it because you are obviously contradicting yourself like you always do. I am capable of having a decent basketball discussion but when you claim how perfect your Mavs are and always fucking contradict yourself about all sorts of things, it is hard to have a basketball discussion with someone like you. :rolleyes :rolleyes
In this one, my prediction was the Mavs in 5. in the other one, my prediction was the Mavs in 5. where is the contradiction?

I have never once seen you have a decent discussion on this board. I looked at the history of your posts, and 95% of them was nonsense directed at me or other Mavs fans.

Ishta
04-01-2007, 02:15 PM
:spam:one word....SPAM

stretch
04-01-2007, 02:18 PM
along with having to put people down with cursewords (you claim it to be joking which is a load of bullshit)
you must be fucking retarded. quit whining like a little bitch for fucks sake. more than half the people on this forum cuss at each other and put each other down by calling each other "dumbfucks" and other such stuff. the difference between the majority of us, and you, is that we dont take it so seriously, and our aim is to talk BASKETBALL. not to act like we are fucking kings and everyone else must bend on their knees and suck our dicks, otherwise they are "hypocrites". most people know its just joking, and dont get defensive over that. look at most peoples replies. its not replying to the insult, but rather to the basketball portion, because most people here dont give a shit, cuz its a fucking INTERNET forum. im sure that the majority of people who sit around insulting each other, if meeting each other in real life, would be fast friends and have plenty of good basketball discussions.

spursreport
04-01-2007, 02:18 PM
In this one, my prediction was the Mavs in 5. in the other one, my prediction was the Mavs in 5. where is the contradiction?

I have never once seen you have a decent discussion on this board. I looked at the history of your posts, and 95% of them was nonsense directed at me or other Mavs fans.

You said in 5 or less possibly 6 in this one and Mavs in 5 or a sweep in the other thread. Which one is it mr contradictor? Most of your history of your post talk shit about Parker, blow anyone on the Mavs, claim the Mavs have nothing to prove while everyone else does, throw your Harris/Terry vs Parker comparisons, tons and tons of insults towards people who disagree with you, talk shit about me in a thread i dont even post in ( I actually liked those) etc etc.

spursreport
04-01-2007, 02:23 PM
you must be fucking retarded. quit whining like a little bitch for fucks sake. more than half the people on this forum cuss at each other and put each other down by calling each other "dumbfucks" and other such stuff. the difference between the majority of us, and you, is that we dont take it so seriously, and our aim is to talk BASKETBALL. not to act like we are fucking kings and everyone else must bend on their knees and suck our dicks, otherwise they are "hypocrites". most people know its just joking, and dont get defensive over that. look at most peoples replies. its not replying to the insult, but rather to the basketball portion, because most people here dont give a shit, cuz its a fucking INTERNET forum. im sure that the majority of people who sit around insulting each other, if meeting each other in real life, would be fast friends and have plenty of good basketball discussions.

You do enough of that job whining like a little bitch. You whine about me to other posters in other threads I dont even post in. Those are comedy!! They may throw insults but not like the way you do in EVERY SINGLE POST! You always have to be right and if someone thinks otherwise, you throw insults at them and get defensive.

Tradition
04-01-2007, 02:25 PM
:madrun :madrun Both of you need to stop this shit! It is getting annoying as fuck to keep watching you both going at each others throats! I want to read basketball discussions, not insults at each other!!

DubMcDub
04-01-2007, 02:31 PM
That's what happens when your team chokes in the playoffs.

No, that's what happens when your team sets a franchise records for wins and is on pace to win 65+ games after starting 0-4.

Mavs fans would still be proud of the regular season record this year even if we had won the championship last year, and rightfully so.

stretch
04-01-2007, 02:46 PM
:madrun :madrun Both of you need to stop this shit! It is getting annoying as fuck to keep watching you both going at each others throats! I want to read basketball discussions, not insults at each other!!
Well, i tried to have a basketball discussion, but hes more interested in arguing over pointless stuff. I'm done with this conversation. I apologize for my part in this "discussion".

dg7md
04-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Yaaaaaaay. Power Rankings.

spursrule32
04-01-2007, 03:33 PM
It's funny how mavs fan are so quick to dismiss the past and focus on the current year. But I also think it's funny b/c you know most of these mavs fans went right along with all the Cowboys dynasty comments and I would bet they never said "yeah, we don't care about our past 5 championships - this year is a new year." You're right mavs fan - past success doesn't give you an automatic pass in the playoffs. All it should do is demand respect from your opponents as a franchise because you've been there and you've succeeded - just like the Bulls, the Celtics and the Lakers after they had rattled off multiple championships within a short period. Will the mavs be able to win a championship? That remains to be seen, but the Spurs have and that's why I don't think I should get criticized for saying that the Spurs have as good of a chance to win as the mavs this year regardless of records - It's not like we were spanked last year and the key players are the same. Last year might have been a fluke for the mavs in losing the championship or the mavs could become the Bills of the NBA - time will tell and history is relevant.

Obstructed_View
04-01-2007, 05:12 PM
The Mavericks have proven over and over that they can't win a big game. I'm not remotely worried. Countdown to blaming the officiating in 3, 2, 1...