PDA

View Full Version : Amazed this Fat Bitch is STILL on TV

01Snake
03-29-2007, 07:55 PM
Rosie: Captured Brits a hoax to provoke war
Implies U.S. concocted 'Gulf of Tonkin' event as excuse to attack Iran
Posted: March 27, 2007

In yet another provocative claim, TV host Rosie O'Donnell implied yesterday the Iranian seizure of British sailors was a hoax to provide President Bush with an excuse to go to war with Tehran.

In a discussion about the 15 British personnel seized Friday for allegedly entering Iranian waters, the controversial co-host of ABC's "The View" correlated the event to the Gulf of Tonkin incident that propelled the U.S. into the Vietnam War. President Johnson's administration was accused of provoking one incident in 1964 in the Gulf of Tonkin and making up another as a pretext for war.

O'Donnell, according to the media watchdog Newsbusters, said: "But interesting with the British sailors, there were 15 British sailors and Marines who apparently went into Iranian waters and they were seized by the Iranians. And I have one thing to say: Gulf of Tonkin, Google it. Okay."

(Story continues below)

The U.S. and Britain, however, along with Iraq and France, contend the sailors were not in Iranian waters.

After O'Donnell's comment, the dialogue when like this:

JOY BEHAR: Some other time. Some other time.

O'DONNELL: Well, you know...

BARBARA WALTERS: It could be a decision-making time. It's a very difficult situation. It's at the United Nations. It's being examined now. Should there be sanctions? Militarily, we certainly don't seem to be in the position to do something militarily. But it is a decision-making time.

O'DONNELL: Yes, but it's very interesting too that, you know, these guys, they went into the water by mistake right at a time when British and American, you know, they're two, they're pretty much our biggest ally and we're considering whether or not we should go into war with Iran.

BEHAR: But the U.N. was about to sanction them, also have an embargo against Iran. And the, and the timing [unintelligible] so they distracted the whole world with this.

ELISABETH HASSELBECK: Right and they may be about to expel the inspectors right now, too, which could be considered [unintelligible]

O'DONNELL: Right or it could be just the Gulf of Tonkin, which you should all Google.

As WND reported last week, O'Donnell implied the World Trade Center brought down deliberately on Sept. 11, 2001, for the purpose of eliminating records of government investigations into corporate fraud.

The previous week O'Donnell defended 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. During the March 15 broadcast of "The View," she suggested the U.S. government elicited a false confession from Mohammed by using torture, robbing him of his humanity and treating him like an animal.

A transcript of Mohammed's confession to 31 terrorist attacks had been released that day, but O'Donnell argued it came only after having a "hood on his head and being beaten to death."

"They didn't allow reporters there and he hasn't had a lawyer," the talk show host stated, insinuating the confession was coerced with no accountability.

Defending U.S. handling of Mohammed, co-panelist Elisabeth Hasselbeck asked, "You don't think he had ties to any of (the terrorist acts)?"

"I think the man has been under custody in secret CIA torture prisons and Guantanamo Bay where torture is accepted and allowed – and he finally is the guy who admits to doing everything," O'Donnell said. "They finally found the guy, it's not that guy bin Laden, it's this guy they've had since March 2003."

In November, O'Donnell told Hasselbeck in an exchange on "The View" that Americans shouldn't fear terrorists.

"Faith or fear, that's your choice," she said.

"You can walk through life believing in the goodness of the world, or walk through life afraid of anyone who thinks different than you and trying to convert them to your way of thinking."

exstatic
03-29-2007, 08:57 PM
Rosie thanks you for the free publicity on the web.

Guru of Nothing
03-29-2007, 09:08 PM
Given her wide girth, I'm pretty sure that evil terrorists consider Rosie an honorary Republican.

mrsmaalox
03-30-2007, 01:12 AM
I started reading this thread because, coincidentally, I caught the entire show. I had discussed it with my friend over lunch and I was curious to hear other people's opinions. I don't really care what Rosie says or thinks, but I like to see the reporters "spin". More often than not there are many misquotes and innaccuracies. What struck me about the original post is that in the quoted dialogue, there are remarks credited to Barbara Walters. Hey Barbara was not even on that show! It just seems to me that although Rosie may be full of shit, so are a lot of others! Whom to believe?

johnsmith
03-30-2007, 08:05 AM
Rosie thanks you for the free publicity on the web.

I think that hits the nail on the head. She's a television version of a "shock jock". It just so happens that she's also a liberal. Now I don't think there is anything wrong with being a liberal, but she obviously says this shit for ratings and publicity. Whether she believes what comes out of her mouth is questionable but the fact that we talk about it afterwards, only increases her salary.

Why these people get a stump to speak on is totally beyond me, but I'm a firm believer in just ignoring this chubby bitch because she's a nut job. Generally, these types just fade away when no one listens anymore.

Spurminator
03-30-2007, 08:59 AM
She's off the deep end. I'm not really concerned with what she thinks or says, but I am surprised she's managed to keep a job on such a high profile show.

mrsmaalox
03-30-2007, 09:41 AM
She's still on TV because, just as johnsmith said, it's all ratings driven. She's doing exactly what she was hired to do.

Spurminator
03-30-2007, 09:46 AM
TV is not ratings-driven, it's advertiser-driven.

If Rosie continues down this path, big advertisers will avoid The View just as they avoid Air America and Rush Limbaugh. Regardless of ratings.

mrsmaalox
03-30-2007, 10:31 AM
Advertisers have alot to do with it, but Rosie was brought onto the show to boost ratings and the ratings are really up. The advertisers stick around because the ratings are good. I think most of the country were well aware of Rosie's "politics" before she came on the show. When the ratings start to dip, the advertisers will start to jump ship.

George Gervin's Afro
03-30-2007, 10:43 AM
What makes her any different from shawn whannity?

Spurminator
03-30-2007, 10:47 AM
The advertisers stick around because the ratings are good.

For now, until the Boycott Machine gets rolling.

I think most of the country were well aware of Rosie's "politics" before she came on the show.

People knew she supported gay marriage/adoption and gun control, but when you start talking about government conspiracy to stage a reason to invade another country... that's a whole new plane.

johnsmith
03-30-2007, 11:21 AM
and noone has ever been tortured into giving a false confession, never, not in america!

In that episode (this peaked my curiousity and I watched some of it), she went on to discuss how fire can't melt steel, etc, ect, in regards to 9/11. What do you think of Rosie now?

101A
03-30-2007, 11:29 AM
In that episode (this peaked my curiousity and I watched some of it), she went on to discuss how fire can't melt steel, etc, ect, in regards to 9/11. What do you think of Rosie now?

Mouse, did you read this?

mrsmaalox
03-30-2007, 12:50 PM
Well I don't think he was expressing support for Rosie personally; it's just a comment about torture. But yea, that stuff about fire not melting steel was one of the most idiotic things I have heard her say. And then the comment about how the media in this country is run by 4 corporations (true) and how their own network (ABC) is one of them. Now that might be a reason they have to fire her that doesn't involve ratings or advertisers!

mrsmaalox
03-30-2007, 12:53 PM
What makes her any different from shawn whannity?
Nothing. They are exactly the same. :blah

Ol Dirty Bastard
03-30-2007, 12:56 PM
Id eat that fat slut out. And then have passionate sex with her until I nutted in her face!

smeagol
03-30-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm sure the hardcore resident libs agree with Rosie

clambake
03-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Rosie blows.

Who are the hardcore libs?

01Snake
03-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Who are the hardcore libs?

:lol