PDA

View Full Version : Mavs@ Suns sunday

Pages : [1] 2

lefty
03-29-2007, 08:23 PM
Another highly anticipated battle :hungry: :hungry:

I think Mavs will win this time (if Dirk's ankle is ok) ; what's your take?

Flight3107
03-29-2007, 08:25 PM
Snitches get Stitches

:makemyday

pking
03-29-2007, 08:49 PM
I thought it was Mavs @ Suns?

lefty
03-29-2007, 08:50 PM
I thought it was Mavs @ Suns?
:oops :oops :oops :oops

pking
03-29-2007, 08:52 PM
:lol

No big deal -- just didn't wanna check again and I was thinking maybe I just got it wrong.

Amarelooms
03-29-2007, 08:59 PM
If there is a God then the Mavs win....guess we'll find out Sunday.

Ignorant Spurs fan
03-29-2007, 09:11 PM
dallas

113-101

Flight3107
03-29-2007, 09:12 PM
If there is a God then the Mavs win....guess we'll find out Sunday.

If there is a God, you would never post on these boards again.

stretch
03-29-2007, 09:13 PM
Dallas wins by 6.

Amarelooms
03-29-2007, 09:14 PM
If there is a God, you would never post on these boards again.

Love you too man...high five. All the haters act like they contribute so much on these boards....too funny lol :elephant

ponky
03-29-2007, 09:25 PM
meh, who cares? if the mavs win, it means we won the series 3-1 but doesn't change anything. if the suns win it means the series is tied 2-2 but doesn't change anything. i expect dirk and jho will be ok but i haven't heard anything. if they aren't, oh well, get better soon, suns game ain't no big thang.

Trainwreck2100
03-29-2007, 09:28 PM
I want the Suns to win so more talking heads will ride their jock

Amarelooms
03-29-2007, 09:37 PM
meh, who cares? if the mavs win, it means we won the series 3-1 but doesn't change anything. if the suns win it means the series is tied 2-2 but doesn't change anything. i expect dirk and jho will be ok but i haven't heard anything. if they aren't, oh well, get better soon, suns game ain't no big thang.

Don't try and down-play the game lol. The Mavs lost a heart breaker last time...gotta go there and punk them back....esp since there's a great chance we'll face em in the WCF :elephant

ponky
03-29-2007, 09:41 PM
Don't try and down-play the game lol. The Mavs lost a heart breaker last time...gotta go there and punk them back....esp since there's a great chance we'll face em in the WCF :elephant

I'm just not that excited about the regular season games as much because it seems like most of the seeding is set so the games don't mean quite as much. I will be rooting for the Mavs to win just as much on Sunday as the last game but it's not going to faze me if we lose. Any updates on Dirk and JHO? I guess we'll find out tomorrow night against the Knicks....it's going to break my heart for them to beat my *other* team but it's a necessary task.

sribb43
03-29-2007, 09:42 PM

If its tied @ 2-2 the Mavs would have the 2nd tie breaker which is conference records as of now, so no worries

T-Pain
03-29-2007, 09:46 PM
damn i enjoy watchin the suns play

atxrocker
03-29-2007, 09:47 PM
suns by 9. amare with 35 and nash with 15 assists. i hope the suns stomp them mavs.

and lmfao @ ponky trying to downplay the game

T-Pain
03-29-2007, 09:51 PM
damn, warriors comin out firing

mavs>spurs2
03-29-2007, 09:52 PM
suns by 9. amare with 35 and nash with 15 assists. i hope the suns stomp them mavs.

No, lmfao at the suns who only played 7 players in a double OT game and wasted everything they had over a meaningless regular season game. They also went on to lose their next 2 while the mavs have gone on to win 8 straight.

monosylab1k
03-29-2007, 09:54 PM
RonMexico and I (and other real life friends) are meetin up in Dallas to watch the game. PM me if ur a Dallasite and wanna come also to have a SpursTalk nerd-fest. SpursDynasty is not invited.

pking
03-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Ron is from Dallas?!

That sounds kinda fun.

atxrocker
03-29-2007, 10:01 PM
. SpursDynasty is not invited.

monosylab1k
03-29-2007, 10:31 PM
Ron is from Dallas?!

That sounds kinda fun.

I don't think he's from Dallas, but he said he's in town this weekend. It should be pretty cool, some good times for Mavs-Suns smack talk.

pussyface
03-29-2007, 10:42 PM
RonMexico and I (and other real life friends) are meetin up in Dallas to watch the game. PM me if ur a Dallasite and wanna come also to have a SpursTalk nerd-fest. SpursDynasty is not invited.

are you guys going to watch "The Beach" afterwards, mono?

I wonder if either one of you guys looks like that computer game guy from that episode of South Park.

ponky
03-29-2007, 10:42 PM
I don't think he's from Dallas, but he said he's in town this weekend. It should be pretty cool, some good times for Mavs-Suns smack talk.

be sure to post pics of you and ron mexico playing a nash/nowitzki drinking game!

ponky
03-29-2007, 10:46 PM

excuse me for not thinking it's a do or die game. i was MORE excited about all the other games because nothing was set but it looks like things are set for the playoffs as far as the suns, spurs and mavs go so i'm not quite as excited about the remaining games. i don't particularly care or want the mavs to get to 70 because they shouldn't focus on that and my main concern is that they get healthy and get some rest since they are a bit beaten down right now. if they win the game, i won't lie, i'll be very happy...if they don't, i'm not going to be so fazed. no need to get all snitty about it atx.

monosylab1k
03-29-2007, 10:55 PM
are you guys going to watch "The Beach" afterwards, mono?

I wonder if either one of you guys looks like that computer game guy from that episode of South Park.

At this point I'm almost positive that you look exactly like Cartman playing World Of Warcraft, complete with diarrhea.

pussyface
03-29-2007, 11:08 PM
this is the picture i get when i imagine the Leonardo DiCaprio loving Mono.

...you must post a picture of you and ronmex on sunday. i need to confirm my suspicions about you.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/downloads/display_image.php?ep_number=1008&ep_name=Make%20Love,%20Not%20Warcraft&img=http://images.southparkstudios.com/media/images/1008/1008_jenkins.jpg&img_name=Jenkins

monosylab1k
03-29-2007, 11:40 PM
this is the picture i get when i imagine the Leonardo DiCaprio loving Mono.

...you must post a picture of you and ronmex on sunday. i need to confirm my suspicions about you.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/downloads/display_image.php?ep_number=1008&ep_name=Make%20Love,%20Not%20Warcraft&img=http://images.southparkstudios.com/media/images/1008/1008_jenkins.jpg&img_name=Jenkins

Eh I'll pass on that pussy, I don't want you jerking off to pictures of me, that would just be way too creepy. Seeing the way that you obssess about the fact that I enjoy Leo's acting is creepy enough, so just be content to jacking it to old Growing Pains reruns and your copy of What's Eating Gilbert Grape.

sandeepgm
03-30-2007, 07:56 AM
I agree with ponky. It is not a do or die game at all. If dirk and Jho are not feeling alright, we shouldnt play them. If we win it will just play on suns psyche a lot and if we lose the suns cant take much out of the game if dirk doesnt play.

The only thing important is to get the 1st seed and looks like we almost wrapped that up. The next couple of games should be used for some experiments and getting the playoff rotations right.

mabber
03-30-2007, 08:49 AM
No reason for the Mavs to go all out to win this game. I'd almost be inclined to sit Dirk & Josh to give their ankles some rest. I doubt Avery will do that though.

MrChug
03-30-2007, 08:59 AM
I love 2 things about this thread.

#1. Mavs fan downplaying a probable loss.
#2. The "if he's healthy" references.

:lmao

LEONARD
03-30-2007, 09:07 AM
I love 2 things about this thread.

#1. Mavs fan downplaying a probable loss.
#2. The "if he's healthy" references.

Wait a minute...I thought the regular season didn't matter? That's what Spurs fans try to beat into the Mavs fans heads, right?

I'm so confused... :lol

I expect an entertaining game regardless of who wins. If the Mavs lose, it's not the end of the world. They're actually not playing all that great right now so it wouldn't be a big surprise to me if they lost @ the Suns....

mabber
03-30-2007, 09:15 AM
Wait a minute...I thought the regular season didn't matter? That's what Spurs fans try to beat into the Mavs fans heads, right?

I'm so confused... :lol

I expect an entertaining game regardless of who wins. If the Mavs lose, it's not the end of the world. They're actually not playing all that great right now so it wouldn't be a big surprise to me if they lost @ the Suns....

The regular season doesn't matter if Mav fans are acting like it does, but it matters if Mav fans are acting like it doesn't...I figured you'd have figured that out by now, Leonard :lol

RonMexico
03-30-2007, 10:45 AM
Suns looked past G-State probably... hopefully, it's a competitive game on Sunday.

p-face, funny crack about South Park guy... I guess as long as neither of us looks like that one "ghetto-fabulous" suburban-dwelling Mavs tool, then we're ok.

I just hope I'm not walking into some kind of Departed-style ambush, based on mono's avatar... haha.

mabber
03-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Suns looked past G-State probably... hopefully, it's a competitive game on Sunday.
p-face, funny crack about South Park guy... I guess as long as neither of us looks like that one "ghetto-fabulous" suburban-dwelling Mavs tool, then we're ok.

I just hope I'm not walking into some kind of Departed-style ambush, based on mono's avatar... haha.

Competitive with no injuries on either side would be good.

monosylab1k
03-30-2007, 11:51 AM
http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/5763/nerd46422af3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Pussyface on a cigarette break after 12 straight hours of hard work attempting to "own" people over the internet.
"MOM, the MEATLOAF! FUCK!"

pussyface
03-30-2007, 12:22 PM
haha...

pussyface
03-30-2007, 12:30 PM
...actual photo of mono after watching "Leo" in "The Man in the Iron Mask":
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1555280/20070321/id_0.jhtml

RonMexico
03-30-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm trying to find an actual picture of a pussy attached to a face, but I'm at work and any such attempts are easily blocked.

monosylab1k
03-30-2007, 01:01 PM
...actual photo of mono after watching "Leo" in "The Man in the Iron Mask":
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1555280/20070321/id_0.jhtml

...i'm only crying in the picture because of how shitty that movie was.

Xylus
03-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Leo was a fucking badass in The Departed. Best performance in the movie.

As for the Mavs/Suns game, I have no idea what to think. The two teams always play their hardest against each other, but the Suns D as of late has been VERY inconsistent. I can see the Suns winning by a slim margin, or getting blown out for the 5th time in the last week.

ratm1221
03-30-2007, 04:02 PM
I can't wait! Last game was a blast, I was on my feet for about 70 percent of the game.

Islymore
03-30-2007, 04:55 PM
I actually favored Marky Mark in the Departed... but Leo was just as good. I liked him a whole helluva lot better in Blood Diamond.

but I agree with Xylus... they seem to anticipate the game against each other and wear each other down too quickly... I have no idea - it comes down to who will defend the 3 pt line and the paint the best...

mardigan
03-30-2007, 04:56 PM
Marky was great in the Departed, so was Leo. Blood Diamond sucked because of Leos accent. Dallas wins big

Islymore
03-30-2007, 05:08 PM
what was his accent supposed to be anyway?? i thot it was weird but it was okay I guess.

i didnt like Matt Damon in the Departed tho... the guy pissed me off. I couldnt understand how nobody started puttin shit together!

also - apparently josh and dirk may possibly sit out this game, which i would rather them do.. and if they do - then i'm gonna say the Mavs walk away with the W bc they will have rested legs and play better on those tweaked ankles...

u2sarajevo
03-30-2007, 05:14 PM
apparently josh and dirk may possibly sit out this game, which i would rather them do.. and if they do - then i'm gonna say the Mavs walk away with the W bc they will have rested legs and play better on those tweaked ankles...Avery reported Dirk is a go and Josh is probable....

Xylus
03-30-2007, 05:16 PM
I hope both players show up. Otherwise, the Suns won't play with the fire necessary to win.

ponky
03-30-2007, 05:38 PM
I hope both players show up. Otherwise, the Suns won't play with the fire necessary to win.

i think dirk will play on sunday...he might play limited minutes or rest tonight but didn't seem like he rolled it too bad and that wasn't the problem. he's been playing with bone spurs all season and when he rolls the ankle it hurts because of the bone spurs, not necessarily just the roll. if he's been playing a lot of the seaosn with this problem, i don't see him being out for too long. jho's a go tonight so no need to worry about sunday (barring any injury tonight!)...the only guy who might not play is george but i think he will, i think it's just BTBs that he's sitting out

Xylus
03-30-2007, 05:43 PM
Also, I really, really hope the Suns start Kurt Thomas in place of Diaw. Boris has been struggling all season, but he showed signs of brilliance when D'Antoni brought him off the bench. Starting Kurt allows Amare to defend guys his own size, keeping him out of foul trouble.

Kurt Thomas
Amare
Marion
Bell
Nash

Barbosa, Diaw, Jones, and...Rose? (maybe Banks) off the bench.

Why the fuck hasn't D'Antoni figured this out yet...

ponky
03-30-2007, 05:44 PM
did the board change to a dark gray colored font for the forum menu? it hurts my eyes because it doesn't look quite so clear.

dallasmavsnfuego214
03-30-2007, 05:50 PM
if Dirk and JHo are really limited by this injury then there's no reason to go Willis Reed on a regular season game. but if they are truly fine, they need to go out and play. you cant just go on vacation because you have the #1 seed pretty much locked up. you dont play the game trying to avoid injuries in any sport

sandeepgm
04-01-2007, 07:42 AM
Diaw does seem to play better without amare around. It will be interesting to see if D'antoni starts K.T instead of diaw.

On the other hand D'antoni does not do a lot of adjustments so he might just start diaw. Atleast he seems to try and play the bench more these days, mostly rose.

jdalive2004
04-01-2007, 09:34 AM
This game is a must win for the Suns. The Spurs fans are rooting for the Mavs today. Maybe the Mavs should tank the game so the Spurs don't gain any ground on the Suns and keep that #3 seed. On second thought, I HATE THE SUNS and the SPURS! BEAT EM!

JMarkJohns
04-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Diaw does seem to play better without amare around. It will be interesting to see if D'antoni starts K.T instead of diaw.

On the other hand D'antoni does not do a lot of adjustments so he might just start diaw. Atleast he seems to try and play the bench more these days, mostly rose.

No chance. He'll start Diaw on Dirk, then when foul trouble hits, use Bell, Jones and Marion at random, then probably Marion exclusively come the fourth quarter.

Nash should be on Harris
Bell on Terry
Marion on Howard
Diaw on Dirk
Amare on Dampier

That's how it should start. Now, once Diaw gets into foul trouble, they need to bring in Thomas and play him for 20 minutes. Play him alongside Amare and Marion.

stretch
04-01-2007, 10:56 AM
Nash should be on Harris

While Nash is the team's biggest reason for success, he is also the biggest reason why they will NOT win a championship, this year, or anytime soon. It doesnt matter who Nash is on, they will eat him alive, whether its Terry or Harris. And the way both have been playing lately... this doesnt look good for your Suns.

stretch
04-01-2007, 11:00 AM
the Suns D as of late has been VERY inconsistent.

you are joking, right? "as of late"??? you MUST be kidding.

schadenfreude52
04-01-2007, 11:01 AM
GO MAVS!

Budkin
04-01-2007, 11:06 AM
I'm all out rooting for the Mavs today... I want that 2nd seed!

mabber
04-01-2007, 11:09 AM
No chance. He'll start Diaw on Dirk, then when foul trouble hits, use Bell, Jones and Marion at random, then probably Marion exclusively come the fourth quarter.

Nash should be on Harris
Bell on Terry
Marion on Howard
Diaw on Dirk
Amare on Dampier

That's how it should start. Now, once Diaw gets into foul trouble, they need to bring in Thomas and play him for 20 minutes. Play him alongside Amare and Marion.

Do Nash & Barbosa play at the same time very often?

1Parker1
04-01-2007, 11:35 AM
Damn, Pistons and Heat game is on before? Didn't realize it was a double header...werid for a Sunday game on ABC.

With the way the Suns are playing as of late...I think the Mavs will take this one.

mabber
04-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Damn, Pistons and Heat game is on before? Didn't realize it was a double header...werid for a Sunday game on ABC.

With the way the Suns are playing as of late...I think the Mavs will take this one.

I just placed a bet on the Suns -2 just because the game is much more important to them than the Mavs. The Suns are trying to hold on to the #2 seed (HCA vs. the Spurs in the 2nd round).

RonMexico
04-01-2007, 11:52 AM
Suns need this for #2 seed... no doubt - this will be a good chance to see if they can handle the pressure... possible preview for playoff intensity.

Btw, I'm now in Dallas - right next to Reunion Arena... you all that live here should have felt the tremors of my presence as I landed.

ponky
04-01-2007, 11:53 AM
argh, i haven't slept in about 24 hours...i don't know what to do...tivo the first game and wake up two hours from now to watch the mavs live with the chance that i might find out about the first game before watching it or stick it out and continue staying awake...if i can stay awake until tipoff of the second game the adrenaline from the second game will keep me going

stretch
04-01-2007, 11:53 AM
Do Nash & Barbosa play at the same time very often?
Thats just asking for trouble. I bet that when those two are on the floor, the team's efficiency drops by about 20 points. They are two of the top 10, possibly top 5 worst defensive PGs in the entire NBA.

RonMexico
04-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Thats just asking for trouble. I bet that when those two are on the floor, the team's efficiency drops by about 20 points. They are two of the top 10, possibly top 5 worst defensive PGs in the entire NBA.

However, one of the most offensively efficient players is stretch with his patented "O"-face fellating Dirk/JET/Howard all at once.

Damn... I'm on fire today. Frankie's bar and grill better watch out.

P.S. I'm really hungover and flying does a number on your headache... even if it's just for 50 mins.

mabber
04-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Suns need this for #2 seed... no doubt - this will be a good chance to see if they can handle the pressure... possible preview for playoff intensity.

Btw, I'm now in Dallas - right next to Reunion Arena... you all that live here should have felt the tremors of my presence as I landed.

Haven't felt it yet but I'm in Frisco (almost 30 miles to the north of Reunion Arena) :lol

schadenfreude52
argh, i haven't slept in about 24 hours...i don't know what to do...tivo the first game and wake up two hours from now to watch the mavs live with the chance that i might find out about the first game before watching it or stick it out and continue staying awake...if i can stay awake until tipoff of the second game the adrenaline from the second game will keep me going

Tough it out. :)

http://www.cbc.ca/consumers/market/files/health/redbull/gfx/titlephoto.jpg

schadenfreude52
Haven't felt it yet but I'm in Frisco (almost 30 miles to the north of Reunion Arena) :lol

Aha, you are fairly close to me.

mabber
04-01-2007, 11:58 AM
However, one of the most offensively efficient players is stretch with his patented "O"-face fellating Dirk/JET/Howard all at once.

P.S. I'm really hungover and flying does a number on your headache... even if it's just for 50 mins.

Frankie's is a cool place to watch game. I've watched a few games there.

RonMexico
04-01-2007, 11:59 AM
ponks, I haven't slept at all either - had a big wedding for a friend last night and then I had to drive a lot of drunk people around, so I was too afraid of sleeping through my alarm and missing the flight... boy am I hurtin as well.

P.S. Turn on Univision now... hottest Mexican girls in the world all saying how much they want to have sex with me in Spanish.

RonMexico
04-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Frankie's is a cool place to watch game. I've watched a few games there.

Sweet - my friend said it was cool and citysearch gave it a high rating, so I'm pumped... probably gonna go there soon and watch some of this first game and eat some food.

Tremors should be reaching Frisco right about now...

RonMexico
04-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Ok... Over/Under on how many minutes Game 1 goes over time and runs into the Mavs/Suns start time... I predict at least 10 minutes (i.e. around 2:55) for the 300 timeouts and general slow play of the Eastern Conference.

mabber
04-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Ok... Over/Under on how many minutes Game 1 goes over time and runs into the Mavs/Suns start time... I predict at least 10 minutes (i.e. around 2:55) for the 300 timeouts and general slow play of the Eastern Conference.

At least someone finally scored.

ponky
04-01-2007, 12:08 PM
ponks, I haven't slept at all either - had a big wedding for a friend last night and then I had to drive a lot of drunk people around, so I was too afraid of sleeping through my alarm and missing the flight... boy am I hurtin as well.

P.S. Turn on Univision now... hottest Mexican girls in the world all saying how much they want to have sex with me in Spanish.

good lord, you and univision!!!...my bf loves to watch the *news* programs because of the hot chicks on there reporting in their much sexier than american anchors attire

i'm too afraid i won't wanna wake up if i only sleep two hours, may as well watch the game on right now...check you later, have fun, good luck with your team!!! (not really, hahahaha!!!)

stretch
04-01-2007, 12:23 PM

oh, and a good trick for hangovers... take 3 asprin before drinking. it has never failed me.

Shank
04-01-2007, 12:28 PM

oh, and a good trick for hangovers... drink more before drinking. it has never failed me.

RonMexico
04-01-2007, 12:43 PM
Shank you bring up a good point... never stopping drinking I think is the key to preventing hangovers.

RonMexico
04-01-2007, 12:48 PM
I'm kind of casually watching this game between Miami and Detroit, but the sounds always make it seem like Detroit is killing them and all of a sudden Miami is up 6... weird

Dirk Nowitzki
04-01-2007, 02:33 PM
This game is already over. Give us the win so we can all just move on with our day already!! :sleep :sleep

SAtown
04-01-2007, 02:34 PM
This game is already over. Give us the win so we can all just move on with our day already!! :sleep :sleep

angel_luv
04-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Spurs are going to have to ovetake the Suns some other way. I cannot and will not root for the Mavs.

SAtown
04-01-2007, 02:43 PM
Spurs are going to have to ovetake the Suns some other way. I cannot and will not root for the Mavs.

Damn straight :toast

angel_luv
04-01-2007, 02:44 PM
:cheer

Dirk Nowitzki
04-01-2007, 02:45 PM
:sleep :sleep This game is boring me already! Wake me up when the Mavs finally decide to give a shit. I guess having a 7 game lead for the best record with a few weeks left in the season does that to you!! :lol :lol

Amarelooms
04-01-2007, 02:45 PM

HAHAHA so sad Spurs homer...so sad indeed :elephant

TheMulvany
04-01-2007, 02:47 PM
No Dampier = sucks

There goes a huge rebounding advantage, and Diop is a bit of a goon.

Dirk Nowitzki
04-01-2007, 02:54 PM
Mavs giving a shit now....BALLGAME AND WIN #62!!!

angel_luv
04-01-2007, 02:54 PM
HAHAHA so sad Spurs homer...so sad indeed :elephant

It's all right, my Little Pony. :)

Fans are suppose to be loyal to their teams and against their rivals.

angel_luv
04-01-2007, 02:55 PM
And as for me not like the Mavs... I could just never get into girls' basketball. :)

DubMcDub
04-01-2007, 02:55 PM
It's all right, my Little Pony. :)

Fans are suppose to be loyal to their teams and against their rivals.

Truth.

However, many of your Spurs fan brethren like to claim that the Mavs are not a rival. :lol

angel_luv
04-01-2007, 02:58 PM
Truth.

However, many of your Spurs fan brethren like to claim that the Mavs are not a rival. :lol

These days you are... which will make it all the more fun when we kick your tail right out of the play offs. :)

Amarelooms
04-01-2007, 03:04 PM
These days you are... which will make it all the more fun when we kick your tail right out of the play offs. :)

HAHAHA...go do your homework youngster :elephant

DubMcDub
04-01-2007, 03:04 PM

Sorry chica, this ain't 2003. :toast

sa_butta
04-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Sorry chica, this ain't 2003. :toastIts 2007 and you still have not won a Championship.
Best record does not always = Championship.

Chris Childs
04-01-2007, 03:12 PM
Its 2007 and you still have not won a Championship.
Best record does not always = Championship.

POST OF THE YEAR FOR MAVS FANS.

angel_luv
04-01-2007, 03:12 PM
Sorry chica, this ain't 2003. :toast

You keep your wine and your whine... no doubt you will need lots of both to get you over your early exit. :)

dg7md
04-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Harris flops more than Manu does, infact Manu really cut down the flopping.

I don't really think flopping is a bad thing but just a little signification to how many Mavs fans claim Ginobili is just a flopper.

sa_butta
04-01-2007, 03:13 PM
POST OF THE YEAR FOR MAVS FANS.Truth hurts.

Amarelooms
04-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Truth hurts.

MAVS>>>>Spurs.....truth hurts playa :elephant

Chris Childs
04-01-2007, 03:18 PM
MAVS>>>>Spurs.....truth hurts playa :elephant

MAVS Titles>>>>Spurs Titles.....lies dont hurt playa :elephant

Amarelooms
04-01-2007, 03:24 PM
MAVS Titles>>>>Spurs Titles.....lies dont hurt playa :elephant

HAHAHAHAHA....who cares about the past? You probably were poopin in your pants when the Knicks were decent lol :elephant

SpursDynasty
04-01-2007, 04:05 PM
If the Mavs lose, we will probably hear the "We didn't have Dampier" excuses.

pking
04-01-2007, 04:06 PM
If the Mavs lose, we will probably hear the "We didn't have Dampier" excuses.

Mavs didn't have their two best defenders in the game a few weeks ago against PHX but nobody pulled that card -- what makes you think we'd make excuses this time?

aaronstampler
04-01-2007, 04:25 PM
Is Dirk ever gonna show up in this game or what?

angel_luv
04-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Dirk steps on a guy's foot and wants a foul called.

Amare_32
04-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Is Dirk ever gonna show up in this game or what?

Let him be. :lol

SRJ
04-01-2007, 04:43 PM
I thought Bruce Bowen was the only dirty player in the NBA to do that kind of OBVIOUSLY deliberate move. :rolleyes

lurker
04-01-2007, 04:56 PM
You know things are bad when the Suns are playing better defense.

lurker
04-01-2007, 04:58 PM
And damn, Dirk can't even get a layup.

loveThe23
04-01-2007, 04:58 PM
damn!! Phx is amazing in this game, what a true definition of a team, this game cannot get any better.

Tippecanoe
04-01-2007, 04:59 PM
holy crap!!! we have to play these guys in the second round

mabber
04-01-2007, 05:00 PM
You know things are bad when the Suns are playing better defense.

Worst defensive effort by Mavs in a long, long time. They didn't care about playing defense from the beginning to the end.

At least I won my bet :p:

01Snake
04-01-2007, 05:01 PM
Manhandled

SAtown
04-01-2007, 05:01 PM

:owned

angel_luv
04-01-2007, 05:02 PM
Bwhahahahaha! :)

Borosai
04-01-2007, 05:02 PM

And Thursday, which should be a great day to set things right. :spin

pking
04-01-2007, 05:06 PM
well that was hideous.

Next game couldn't come soon enough.

mabber
04-01-2007, 05:07 PM

No worries, neither the Mavs nor the Spurs will give up all those easy baskets to the Suns in a playoff game. Today was just lack of defensive effort on the Mav's part.

aaronstampler
04-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Fuck _allas. It figures those sons of bitches won't help us out. The one time I want them win they don't even show up. Either they're terribly overrated or they took a dive. Probably so scared of us that they let Phx win so the 1st and 2nd round could be as hard as possible for us.

pking
04-01-2007, 05:13 PM
We sucked bigtime today but it's comical to see everybody act like we're the worst team in basketball. 61-12 isn't half bad....but whatever.

Again, when Mavs win a regular season game against a good team, it's 'just the regular season, it doesn't mean anything' but when we lose one...man, we're beneath pond-scum, can't compete with a JV HS team, Dirk is the worst player in the league, etc., etc.

SpursDynasty
04-01-2007, 05:13 PM
Cool. Now Dallas has to go undefeated the rest of season if they want to reach 70. Not likely now.

We can't have Dallas winning 70. Probably will be 69-13 or 68-14 now. I'm glad even though if Phoenix loses SA is only 1 1/2 games behind.

Are they still a top team? Yes. But we don't want them sitting in NBA history next to MJ's 70-win Bulls.

Nashfan
04-01-2007, 05:14 PM
No worries, neither the Mavs nor the Spurs will give up all those easy baskets to the Suns in a playoff game. Today was just lack of defensive effort on the Mav's part.

Excuses, excuses, excuses :lol This was just an old fashioned butt kicking today!

Nashfan
04-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Mavs giving a shit now....BALLGAME AND WIN #62!!!
:nope :lol

ponky
04-01-2007, 05:22 PM

are u serious? check the rulebook

anyway, good game suns fans, your team whooped ass today...do it again on thursday!

ponky
04-01-2007, 05:23 PM
Worst defensive effort by Mavs in a long, long time. They didn't care about playing defense from the beginning to the end.

At least I won my bet :p:

yup, they didn't even bother to slow down the game, thank god i took a nap and put the tivo on fast forward last couple of minutes

SpursDynasty
04-01-2007, 05:23 PM

anyway, good game suns fans, your team whooped ass today...do it again on thursday!

Teams that allow 68% (Phoenix shot that for the game) shooting don't win championships.

Dirk Nowitzki
04-01-2007, 05:25 PM
:owned

Oh my god I was wrong for only the 12th time this season. I know you have been craving a Mavs loss for quite some time and I bet you will go and have your fantasies about the Spurs winning it all again for the rest of the day. :rolleyes :rolleyes Just remember mother fucker you have to see those guys (suns) in the 2nd round. Also your chances of getting the 2nd seed decreased a little today so STFU! :rolleyes :rolleyes

ponky
04-01-2007, 05:26 PM
Fuck _allas. It figures those sons of bitches won't help us out. The one time I want them win they don't even show up. Either they're terribly overrated or they took a dive. Probably so scared of us that they let Phx win so the 1st and 2nd round could be as hard as possible for us.

we don't own your sorry team shit, stfu and take your whine elsewhere, it's not all about the spurs...mavs should prefer to play the spurs over the suns at this point. spurs are easier to play and you can adjust in-game when playing them, no such case for the suns, especially when the mavs have tendencies to wanna run at times

SpursDynasty
04-01-2007, 05:27 PM
we don't own your sorry team shit, stfu and take your whine elsewhere, it's not all about the spurs...mavs should prefer to play the spurs over the suns at this point. spurs are easier to play and you can adjust in-game when playing them, no such case for the suns, especially when the mavs have tendencies to wanna run at times

Someone is really pissed about losing 2 in a row to PHX. :lol

Your team just gave up the season's worst defensive effort, allowing 68% shooting for the game.

The Spurs are not worried about Dallas. They may not even have to see them in the playoffs. If GS makes it, its GS in 6.

Amare_32
04-01-2007, 05:28 PM

Bring on the Spurs!

Amuseddaysleeper
04-01-2007, 05:30 PM
we'll beat the Suns thursday

I promise

good win by the Suns, but I'd still take the Mavs in a 7 game series over them

Nashfan
Where is Stretch with his big mouth now??

ponky
Teams that allow 68% (Phoenix shot that for the game) shooting don't win championships.

get back to me when you've gotten past the suns in the second round, we don't have to deal with them until your team has done so and that makes me smile everytime i think about it

pking
04-01-2007, 05:31 PM
It was only 65.4%, Dynasty :lol :lol :lol

(yes, I am making fun of my team)

But on a serious note, do you actually think GS would beat the Mavs in 6?

Dirk Nowitzki
04-01-2007, 05:31 PM

Ponky this is cloud 9 for Spurs and Suns fans sadly. They are having fantasies that the Mavs will implode and that we wont recover. A loss is so rare for the Mavs that the fans/haters have gotten used to them winning. When a random loss happens they go apeshit and throw a celebration because of it. :lol :lol

ponky
04-01-2007, 05:32 PM
Where is Stretch with his big mouth now??

lol, you don't necessarily rush to the board after your team loses...i notice that it's usually on amare_32 who logs on during/after a suns loss and sometimes ron

Amare_32
04-01-2007, 05:32 PM
get back to me when you've gotten past the suns in the second round, we don't have to deal with them until your team has done so and that makes me smile everytime i think about it

The Spurs/Suns series in the 2nd round will give Dallas some edge since both teams will have to expend alot of energy to win and advance.

ponky
04-01-2007, 05:33 PM
Ponky this is cloud 9 for Spurs and Suns fans sadly. They are having fantasies that the Mavs will implode and that we wont recover. A loss is so rare for the Mavs that the fans/haters have gotten used to them winning. When a random loss happens they go apeshit and throw a celebration because of it. :lol :lol

meh, i expected as much, it's no big deal, suns must be the best, they have won 5 out of the last 9

Amuseddaysleeper

I think we'll beat the suns in a 7 game series, but I agree that everyone's reactions against the Mavs is pretty funny considering they aren't gonna let the opposing team shoot 68% every night

shit happens

Amare_32
It was only 65.4%, Dynasty :lol :lol :lol

(yes, I am making fun of my team)

But on a serious note, do you actually think GS would beat the Mavs in 6?

No although I think the Warriors might be able to take 1 or 2 games.

Nashfan
04-01-2007, 05:34 PM
lol, you don't necessarily rush to the board after your team loses...i notice that it's usually on amare_32 who logs on during/after a suns loss and sometimes ron

But the difference is I don't go shooting my mouth off before each game! And I do show up after losses, guess you just haven't noticed. Usually depressed when we lose to bad teams or good teams.

ponky
04-01-2007, 05:35 PM
The Spurs/Suns series in the 2nd round will gave Dallas some edge since both teams will have to expend alot of energy to win and advance.

it's what i'm hoping for although to be honest, i'd rather play the spurs over the suns in the wcf (that's assuming the mavs will get there, go clippers!!! haha!)...i think the suns would actually have more energy after a 6-7 game series against the spurs than vice-versa, depends on who controls the tempo

Nashfan
04-01-2007, 05:36 PM
The Spurs/Suns series in the 2nd round will gave Dallas some edge since both teams will have to expend alot of energy to win and advance.

Agree with you there Amare32.

ponky
04-01-2007, 05:36 PM
But the difference is I don't go shooting my mouth off before each game! And I do show up after losses, guess you just haven't noticed. Usually depressed when we lose to bad teams or good teams.

lol, i understand, i'd normally not show up if it was a playoff loss, i'd be too ticked off to be able to post *coherently* :lol

pking
04-01-2007, 05:37 PM
meh, i expected as much, it's no big deal, suns must be the best, they have won 5 out of the last 9

And you know, since we haven't beat them this season....

Or at least every fan outside of Dallas has forgotten that we have, anyway.

Nashfan
04-01-2007, 05:38 PM
lol, i understand, i'd normally not show up if it was a playoff loss, i'd be too ticked off to be able to post *coherently* :lol

Agree with that take. But during regular season I will show up if I am able to get to a computer or actually see the game at home.

Amare_32
04-01-2007, 05:38 PM
it's what i'm hoping for although to be honest, i'd rather play the spurs over the suns in the wcf (that's assuming the mavs will get there, go clippers!!! haha!)...i think the suns would actually have more energy after a 6-7 game series against the spurs than vice-versa, depends on who controls the tempo

Maybe but the Suns can ill afford to go 7 games in the 1st round. They need to dispose of the 1st round opponent in 5 games or less to be ready to go versus the Spurs.

SpursDynasty
04-01-2007, 05:39 PM
The point is, Dallas is losing steam.

They've lost their last 3 significant games. Golden State, and twice to Phoenix.

pking
No although I think the Warriors might be able to take 1 or 2 games.
I'm not going to disagree. I don't necessarily think they will, but I wouldn't be one to call for a sweep.

Ah, but if DEN and LAC can keep up, GS won't even be there. They have three more losses than Denver who is currently in the 8th and two more than LA who holds 7th right now.

pking
The point is, Dallas is losing steam.

They've last their last 3 significant games. Golden State, and twice to Phoenix.

Dallas VS. GS is significant since when?

Losing steam? We're 61-12 and just came off a 9 game win streak.

SpursDynasty
04-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Dallas VS. GS is significant since when?

Losing steam? We're 61-12 and just came off a 9 game win streak.

Who was that win streak against? GS is significant bc they're still only 1 1/2 out of 8th seed.

ponky
04-01-2007, 05:41 PM
Maybe but the Suns can ill afford to go 7 games in the 1st round. They need to dispose of the 1st round opponent in 5 games or less to be ready to go versus the Spurs.

holy cow, the standings are all tight and jumbled up in the last couple of spots...now the nuggets are 8th and the clippers are 7th...either way, mavs and suns should be alright if these two teams hold on to the last two spots

ponky
04-01-2007, 05:42 PM
Who was that win streak against?

same teams the mighty spurs have been beating since the all-star break, pistons, cavs, celtics, bucks...oh wait, your team hasn't beaten the cavs, celtics or bucks since the all-star break

pking
Who was that win streak against?

Did anybody downplay the Spurs winning streak earlier this season when it was against shit East teams?

6-0 on a 6 game roady regardless of who you're playing isn't exactly easy. Who cares who it was against. I don't think you can say the Mavs are losing steam because we've lost to the Suns twice.

Amare_32
holy cow, the standings are all tight and jumbled up in the last couple of spots...now the nuggets are 8th and the clippers are 7th...either way, mavs and suns should be alright if these two teams hold on to the last two spots

I prefer the Clippers since Cassell is out for the season.

BillsCarnage
The Spurs/Suns series in the 2nd round will give Dallas some edge since both teams will have to expend alot of energy to win and advance.

That's assuming Dallas would cake walk over Utah. Or the #8 (GS?) seed for that matter.

Nashfan

You haven't beat us this season as badly as you were beaten today though. Plus, I didn't see any posts from Suns fans bragging about this game before it was played today (I may be wrong there though). That is the difference that I am talking about. Stretch opens his mouth about defense and we actually hold you to the lowest field goal percentage today. That is what irritates me, bragging and then not showing up afterwards. Better have a good excuse for not backing up your words, Stretch.

SpursDynasty
04-01-2007, 05:43 PM
Like I said, I'm not getting into Mavs-Spurs smack talk.

Have fun that with you all.

ponky
04-01-2007, 05:44 PM
I prefer the Clippers since Cassell is out for the season.

:lol :lol me too! dammit, clippers need to tank a game!

SpursDynasty
04-01-2007, 05:44 PM
Did anybody downplay the Spurs winning streak earlier this season when it was against shit East teams?

6-0 on a 6 game roady regardless of who you're playing isn't exactly easy. Who cares who it was against. I don't think you can say the Mavs are losing steam because we've lost to the Suns twice.

No one downplayed it because it was never hyped up to begin with.

The Spurs are just being the Spurs and beating junk teams without getting credit for it, like always.

ponky
04-01-2007, 05:45 PM

of course, who wants to sit there and sound like a dumbass all day, self-infliction is painful

Amare_32
04-01-2007, 05:45 PM

Mavs/Suns have split the regular season series the last 3 years and split playoff series the past 2. I am surprise by some of the reactions.

aaronstampler
04-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Games vs. SA, Dal, Phx, Uta, Hou, LAL, Mia and Det

Dal 14-7 2 left, 2 home, 0 road
Phx 10-8 5 left, 1 home, 4 road
SA 10-10 2 left, 1 home, 1 road

Not lookin' too good for us, but we were 6-10 at one point, so we've won 4 in a row.

BillsCarnage
04-01-2007, 05:47 PM

All the Mavs fans were hootin' and hollerin' when the Mavs were up 2-0 in the reg season series before Jan. 1.

Now when teams are getting in PO mode and the Suns win the last two, Mavs fans still think 2-2 is an advantage for the Mavs...

ponky
You haven't beat us this season as badly as you were beaten today though. Plus, I didn't see any posts from Suns fans bragging about this game before it was played today (I may be wrong there though). That is the difference that I am talking about. Stretch opens his mouth about defense and we actually hold you to the lowest field goal percentage today. That is what irritates me, bragging and then not showing up afterwards. Better have a good excuse for not backing up your words, Stretch.

eh, i don't know if that's necessarily the case, it's not like the mavs shot poorly, it's more like (IMO) that the mavs didn't play D and allowed themselves to get into a running style game where the suns had the edge because of high fg% today. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with winning a game like that if you can do it all the time. It's just that I don't think it had more to do with Suns D than with ho wthe Mavs responded to the tempo of the game...and to Mavs' D, which was shitty.

pking

A win is a win is a win is a motherfucking win -- who cares if we haven't blown you out this season. That's a stupid point to make, IMO.

You're talking to the wrong person about ignorant fans coming on here to brag before the game even started...I never do that shit. I don't brag, period, much less try to predict the outcome of some shit that hasn't even started.

itzsoweezee
04-01-2007, 05:49 PM
ahahahahahaha

pking
04-01-2007, 05:51 PM
All the Mavs fans were hootin' and hollerin' when the Mavs were up 2-0 in the reg season series before Jan. 1.

Now when teams are getting in PO mode and the Suns win the last two, Mavs fans still think 2-2 is an advantage for the Mavs...

Who said it was an advantage? I just think it's comical that everybody acts like you guys have dominated us all season. I guess like Nashfan said, not blowing you guys out means you've been the better team.

I'd rather be 61-12 and currently holding the number 1 seed than be able to say we blew the Suns out in a game. Be proud of your team for their performance, but this does not mean that the Suns are definitely a far superior team. We'll see in the post season what happens.

Both teams are great. :lol

ponky
04-01-2007, 05:52 PM

all the mavs fans = 2-3 mavs fans

suns fans were hootin and hollerin' when they beat the spurs by 16 or so points back in feb.

2-2 means nothing, but owning the tie-break does give us an advantage

Nashfan
04-01-2007, 05:52 PM
A win is a win is a win is a motherfucking win -- who cares if we haven't blown you out this season. That's a stupid point to make, IMO.

You're talking to the wrong person about ignorant fans coming on here to brag before the game even started...I never do that shit. I don't brag, period, much less try to predict the outcome of some shit that hasn't even started.

Not talking about you. I was talking about Stretch.

Johnny RIngo
04-01-2007, 05:54 PM
Mavs D was always overrated. This game along with the Finals proves it. Just a bargain basement version of Spurs D IMO.

Nashfan
Who said it was an advantage? I just think it's comical that everybody acts like you guys have dominated us all season. I guess like Nashfan said, not blowing you guys out means you've been the better team.

I'd rather be 61-12 and currently holding the number 1 seed than be able to say we blew the Suns out in a game. Be proud of your team for their performance, but this does not mean that the Suns are definitely a far superior team. We'll see in the post season what happens.

Never said we were the superior team. I actually think we might be evenly matched. It will be a hard fought playoffs if we meet.

aaronstampler
We'll see in the post season what happens.

Both teams are great. :lol[/QUOTE]

NO YOU WILL NOT. The Suns and Mavs won't ever play each other. Get it through your head already.

ponky

You're right. As I learned from last season, blowouts in the regular season mean absolutely shit. We won games against the Spurs and the Heat last season by over 25+ points. We barely eked past the Spurs and lost to the Heat.

ponky
We'll see in the post season what happens.

NO YOU WILL NOT. The Suns and Mavs won't ever play each other. Get it through your head already.[/QUOTE]

:lol :lol :lol

ponky
04-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Mavs D was always overrated. This game along with the Finals proves it. Just a bargain basement version of Spurs D IMO.

That's ok, small ball may not work against the Suns, but Mavs seem to do just fine with it against the Spurs. :rolleyes

pking
04-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Never said we were the superior team. I actually think we might be evenly matched. It will be a hard fought playoffs if we meet.
I was purposely exaggerating.

Eh, I don't necessarily mean the Mavs will be playing the Suns in the playoffs. You never know. I much enjoyed the Spurs series last year, I'd hope to see some great basketball like that again.

aaronstampler
04-01-2007, 05:59 PM
I don't think Phx-SA will be the only compelling 2nd round series. If Hou can ever get Yao and T-Mac healthy, they'll be a tough out for Dal.

Nashfan
04-01-2007, 05:59 PM
eh, i don't know if that's necessarily the case, it's not like the mavs shot poorly, it's more like (IMO) that the mavs didn't play D and allowed themselves to get into a running style game where the suns had the edge because of high fg% today. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with winning a game like that if you can do it all the time. It's just that I don't think it had more to do with Suns D than with ho wthe Mavs responded to the tempo of the game...and to Mavs' D, which was shitty.

I think shooting 46% is not that great, so give credit where credit is due. The Suns actually played defense today. I also think Dallas tried to play defense in this game so I would not say that they did not try to slow us down. Dallas looked like they were playing hard the whole game. I have watched them play quite often this year since I have NBA League Pass and they looked intense in this game. I think the Suns attacked your weak link, which is Dirk. He cannot play defense any better than Nash. Didn't look like Harris was the great defensive stopper he has been hyped up to be today either since Nash scored 23.

ponky
04-01-2007, 06:01 PM
I don't think Phx-SA will be the only compelling 2nd round series. If Hou can ever get Yao and T-Mac healthy, they'll be a tough out for Dal.

yup, hopefully they'll get roughed up by the physical jazz and go 6 games in the first round. we could potentially have another 7 game rockets/mavs series like two years ago

BillsCarnage
04-01-2007, 06:01 PM
all the mavs bandwagon fans = 2-3 mavs fans

suns fans were hootin and hollerin' when they beat the spurs by 16 or so points back in feb.

2-2 means nothing, but owning the tie-break does give us an advantage

Ok, I'll give you that.. The Mavs do have more bandwagon fans..

:fro

pking
04-01-2007, 06:03 PM
Since when is 46% a really low percentage? When you compare it to 65%, hell yea. But in general, 46% isn't super low. When you hold someone to 38%, then you'll probably get some 'credit where it's due' for the defense.

I don't think the second round for Dallas will be easy either. Houston or Utah (I think it'll be Houston) will be tough.

BillsCarnage
04-01-2007, 06:04 PM

These two teams are evenly matched.. 12-12 over the last 24. If they meet in the WCF's i'd expect nohting less that 7gms
:elephant

Nashfan
04-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Since when is 46% a really low percentage? When you compare it to 65%, hell yea. But in general, 46% isn't super low. When you hold someone to 38%, then you'll probably get some 'credit where it's due' for the defense.

I don't think the second round for Dallas will be easy either. Houston or Utah (I think it'll be Houston) will be tough.

That figure is a little inflated since our bench blew some defensive assignments towards the end. I did not say it was really low, just not great.

ponky
04-01-2007, 06:07 PM
I think shooting 46% is not that great, so give credit where credit is due. The Suns actually played defense today. I also think Dallas tried to play defense in this game so I would not say that they did not try to slow us down. Dallas looked like they were playing hard the whole game. I have watched them play quite often this year since I have NBA League Pass and they looked intense in this game. I think the Suns attacked your weak link, which is Dirk. He cannot play defense any better than Nash. Didn't look like Harris was the great defensive stopper he has been hyped up to be today either since Nash scored 23.

ummm, you know that mid-40% is the average for the ALL thirty teams in the nba, right? even the suns don't top 50% for the season in field goal percentage averages and they are on top of the stack at 49% for the season. so if that's their average i'd say our defense sucked ass in allowing them to shoot over 60% today, whereas dallas shot right around their average, which is 46%.

dallas did play hard most of the game, but that doesn't mean they controlled the tempo at all, because they didn't. mavs fell into the running game with the suns and they got burned. we didn't slow it down when we had several opps to do so and we played shitty defense, which all equates to a win. you want me to give the suns credit? i'll give them credit. they have one hell of a scoring team and nash makes some amazing shots like the three pointer with hardly any time left on the clock.

pking
04-01-2007, 06:08 PM
That figure is a little inflated since our bench blew some defensive assignments towards the end. I did not say it was really low, just not great.

Wow, you are really the definition of an L&A.

ponky
04-01-2007, 06:10 PM

you mean like when the mavs bench guys were out on the floor? c'mon man, you can' thave it both ways.

nsrammstein
04-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Kevin Willis will destroy the suns interior D

Nashfan
04-01-2007, 06:12 PM
ummm, you know that mid-40% is the average for the ALL thirty teams in the nba, right? even the suns don't top 50% for the season in field goal percentage averages and they are on top of the stack at 49% for the season. so if that's their average i'd say our defense sucked ass in allowing them to shoot over 60% today, whereas dallas shot right around their average, which is 46%.

dallas did play hard most of the game, but that doesn't mean they controlled the tempo at all, because they didn't. mavs fell into the running game with the suns and they got burned. we didn't slow it down when we had several opps to do so and we played shitty defense, which all equates to a win? you want me to give the suns credit? i'll give them credit. they have one hell of a scoring team and nash makes some amazing shots like the three pointer with hardly any time left on the clock.

Yes, but there were Mav fans earlier in the year saying holding a team to 45% shooting was great. I don't think your defense sucked that badly, you had hands in the face most of the time. I think Dirk played badly though. Have to give credit to the Suns for actually playing defense and rebounding today. I think our team gets up for the Mavs more than any other team because of the Nash and Cuban thing.

boutons_
04-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Mavs suck horse balls.

Mavs trolls are full of horeshit.

Nashfan
04-01-2007, 06:13 PM
you mean like when the mavs bench guys were out on the floor? c'mon man, you can' thave it both ways.

Your bench is supposed to be the deeper bench, correct?

ponky
04-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Yes, but there were Mav fans earlier in the year saying holding a team to 45% shooting was great. I don't think your defense sucked that badly, you had hands in the face most of the time. I think Dirk played badly though. Have to give credit to the Suns for actually playing defense and rebounding today. I think our team gets up for the Mavs more than any other team because of the Nash and Cuban thing.

I'm not concerned with what Mavs fans are saying. It's all about the stats, something many Mavs AND Suns fans fail to consider when breaking down a game. Once again, you failed to address the stats I posted, not my problem. And yes, Dirk didn't have the best game, but when he doesn't, other guys step up...see Stack.

Just looked up Dirk's numbers. He had a poor shooting game at 6-18 but he still had some points, 21 with 9-9 ft shooting and 6 assists, 6 rebounds. Not great but not terrible, especially when you consider that Stack and Jho picked up the slack with the scoring.

pking
04-01-2007, 06:16 PM
No intelligent basketball fan says that holding a team to 45% shooting is great defense. So saying that the Suns deserve credit because some ignorant ass fans used to say that holding a team to 45% was great just doesn't make sense.

Your team played well. You deserved to win. You deserve credit for that. But it's not like your defense was stellar.

pking
04-01-2007, 06:16 PM
How old are you Nashfan?

ducks
04-01-2007, 06:20 PM
I do not like this loss by dallas
aj now has the team's attention this loss could be what the doctor ordered

ponky
04-01-2007, 06:20 PM
Your bench is supposed to be the deeper bench, correct?

jesus christ, do you just regurgitate everything you hear and take it for gospel? you think jj barea, maurice ager, pop mensah-bonsu and austin croshere constitute a deep bench? the reason people think we have a deep bench is because we have two decent centers and we have stack, who can score points as needed. we have devean and buckner for defense but that's about it when it comes to the guys on the bench who are *useful* for much. you should learn to analyze and break down teams/games on your own and stop relying on what others say about teams...it's not always right.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-01-2007, 06:22 PM
is nashfan the spursdynasty of suns fans?

pking
04-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Ponky for president!

Although I do think we have a pretty good bench, even if I'm not a huge Stackhouse supporter. :lol

ponky
04-01-2007, 06:23 PM
is nashfan the spursdynasty of suns fans?

:lol :lol :lol don't forget the amarelooms of mavs fans...although, amarelooms must be out celebrating this win of his alter ego's team

ponky
04-01-2007, 06:25 PM
Ponky for president!

Although I do think we have a pretty good bench, even if I'm not a huge Stackhouse supporter. :lol

oh, i think the bench is good, just not leaps and bounds above some of the other good teams' benches. even if you're not a stack fan, he's one of the main reasons people think our bench is deep.

pking
04-01-2007, 06:25 PM
I do not like this loss by dallas
aj now has the team's attention this loss could be what the doctor ordered
Hopefully.

Nashfan
04-01-2007, 06:26 PM
No intelligent basketball fan says that holding a team to 45% shooting is great defense. So saying that the Suns deserve credit because some ignorant ass fans used to say that holding a team to 45% was great just doesn't make sense.

Your team played well. You deserved to win. You deserve credit for that. But it's not like your defense was stellar.

Didn't say it was stellar, but it was a hell of a lot better than in the past. You might want to talk to some of your fellow Mav fans who think holding teams to 45% shooting is great.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-01-2007, 06:27 PM
:lol :lol :lol don't forget the amarelooms of mavs fans...although, amarelooms must be out celebrating this win of his alter ego's team

what a weird guy

I'll wait for a poster named Ginowitzki to come out of the woodworks

Nashfan
04-01-2007, 06:27 PM
How old are you Nashfan?

How old are you? I consider that a personal question. I am not a kid if that is what you are thinking.

pking
04-01-2007, 06:28 PM
oh, i think the bench is good, just not leaps and bounds above some of the other good teams' benches. even if you're not a stack fan, he's one of the main reasons people think our bench is deep.
Yea, I know. I don't hate the guy by any stretch of the imagination, I'm just not a big fan. I feel like he thinks he's the greatest player in the league and he is super selfish a lot of the time. Almost everytime he has a big scoring output, we lose. It's not like I don't want him on the team, I'm just not as obsessed with him as say...Avery is. (dude, stack gets props from AJ after EVERY game) I also thought his remarks about the MVP thing were bogus. He thought it was stupid award won by a player because of the teams success. He wouldn't feel the same if he were in the running.

BUMP
04-01-2007, 06:28 PM
the last game against the Suns was the last meaingful game the Mavs have played. gimme a break. this was a must-win for Pheonix and their biggest game of the year. if this was the best Dallas could play we wouldnt be 61-12. we arent motivated anymore. wait til the playoffs when the games mean something, then you'll see the Mavs go out on a tear. however i think these last nine games they will get back to their mid-season form and beat up on teams again

Nashfan
04-01-2007, 06:31 PM
jesus christ, do you just regurgitate everything you hear and take it for gospel? you think jj barea, maurice ager, pop mensah-bonsu and austin croshere constitute a deep bench? the reason people think we have a deep bench is because we have two decent centers and we have stack, who can score points as needed. we have devean and buckner for defense but that's about it when it comes to the guys on the bench who are *useful* for much. you should learn to analyze and break down teams/games on your own and stop relying on what others say about teams...it's not always right.

I believe it has been said in the media that Dallas has the deepest bench and I think you have talked about your bench. No one thinks our bench is that deep. If you think counting on Pike or Rose is going to do it, then you are just plain wrong. George and Buckner own those two for sure. I also think Barea would own Banks (who I really hate to see come in).

ducks
04-01-2007, 06:31 PM
mavs and suns both won 2 games each now if I rember right
also marion bricked 2 free throws that would have won the game
and dirk made a three at the buzzer for a mavs win

mavs are lucky suns did not sweep the mavs this regualar season

ducks
04-01-2007, 06:33 PM
the last game against the Suns was the last meaingful game the Mavs have played. gimme a break. this was a must-win for Pheonix and their biggest game of the year. if this was the best Dallas could play we wouldnt be 61-12. we arent motivated anymore. wait til the playoffs when the games mean something, then you'll see the Mavs go out on a tear. however i think these last nine games they will get back to their mid-season form and beat up on teams again
like I said this blowout loss is what aj wanted
he has the team's attention now
and can tell them they are all not that great
they have to show up and play hard each game
I would have rather dallas just loss by a basket

pking
04-01-2007, 06:33 PM
Age is a personal question? My apologies. You could call me a kid -- I'm only 22. I just assumed you were young by the way you seem to rationalize things and have some sort of crazy point you attempt to make as a comeback for everything.

ponky
04-01-2007, 06:36 PM
Yea, I know. I don't hate the guy by any stretch of the imagination, I'm just not a big fan. I feel like he thinks he's the greatest player in the league and he is super selfish a lot of the time. Almost everytime he has a big scoring output, we lose. It's not like I don't want him on the team, I'm just not as obsessed with him as say...Avery is. (dude, stack gets props from AJ after EVERY game) I also thought his remarks about the MVP thing were bogus. He thought it was stupid award won by a player because of the teams success. He wouldn't feel the same if he were in the running.

LOL, yeah I start screaming at the tv everytime he tries to play one on one bball. I do like him though, and as long as he makes intelligent shots, I'm ok with his presence on the floor. He had a huge game recently for the Mavs. Avery IS obsessed with him, I think it's because they're both older guys and probably have more in common on a personal level, their kids hang out with each other, etc. I was really ticked off about his MVP comments last season but at least this season he's come out and said he thought Dirk deserved the MVP.

Nashfan
04-01-2007, 06:37 PM

Oh, I think the Mavs are motivated against the Suns. Avery would not have it any other way. Did you look at Dirks face towards the end or actually during the game? He want's to win. I can see not getting motivated against lesser teams but not a potential team you may play in the playoffs. When we played Detroit and got our heads handed to us, I thought we were not the better team that day by a long shot, no excuses. So, please don't use the motivation card concerning this game.

ponky
04-01-2007, 06:39 PM
mavs and suns both won 2 games each now if I rember right
also marion bricked 2 free throws that would have won the game
and dirk made a three at the buzzer for a mavs win

mavs are lucky suns did not sweep the mavs this regualar season

yes, we are lucky that free throws and shots before the end of the game (the buzzer) count
:rolleyes

but let's not talk about clutch plays...that only come sout of the closet when the mavs lose close games :rolleyes

Nashfan
04-01-2007, 06:39 PM
Age is a personal question? My apologies. You could call me a kid -- I'm only 22. I just assumed you were young by the way you seem to rationalize things and have some sort of crazy point you attempt to make as a comeback for everything.

When you are my age it is personal :lol I don't really think I make crazy points anymore than you or any other Mav or Spur etc., fan.

ponky
04-01-2007, 06:42 PM
Oh, I think the Mavs are motivated against the Suns. Avery would not have it any other way. Did you look at Dirks face towards the end or actually during the game? He want's to win. I can see not getting motivated against lesser teams but not a potential team you may play in the playoffs. When we played Detroit and got our heads handed to us, I thought we were not the better team that day by a long shot, no excuses. So, please don't use the motivation card concerning this game.

I don't believe in excuses either, but I also don't believe in throwing stuff out there and not backing it up with anything concrete, e.g. talking about Suns' defense today, talking about Mavs' fg% today, talking about Mavs' bench, talking about JJ like you know what you're talking about, etc. It's one thing to just post stuff but if you're never going to back it up and explain why you believe such things, then it doesn't mean squat, just an opinion by one Suns fan.

ducks
04-01-2007, 06:47 PM
yes, we are lucky that free throws and shots before the end of the game (the buzzer) count
:rolleyes

but let's not talk about clutch plays...that only come sout of the closet when the mavs lose close games :rolleyes
mavs made alot of clutch plays to win games this year
I am just pointing out that the mavs should have been motivated to face suns

pking
04-01-2007, 06:49 PM
LOL, yeah I start screaming at the tv everytime he tries to play one on one bball. I do like him though, and as long as he makes intelligent shots, I'm ok with his presence on the floor. He had a huge game recently for the Mavs. Avery IS obsessed with him, I think it's because they're both older guys and probably have more in common on a personal level, their kids hang out with each other, etc. I was really ticked off about his MVP comments last season but at least this season he's come out and said he thought Dirk deserved the MVP.
The first half of the season, if Stack was in the game with seconds remaining in a quarter, they used to always give it to him so he could create. HE NEVER CONVERTED. Drove me nuts.

Like I said, I don't want him off the team or anything. He's not a bad player. I do think he's the only consistantly selfish guy on our team though. He really does think he's the best player on the team.

pking
04-01-2007, 06:49 PM
When you are my age it is personal :lol I don't really think I make crazy points anymore than you or any other Mav or Spur etc., fan.

Ah, whatever. Sorry if I offended you by asking your age... (??)

ponky
04-01-2007, 06:54 PM
mavs made alot of clutch plays to win games this year
I am just pointing out that the mavs should have been motivated to face suns

you're right, they should've been. i don't know if they were or weren't, but they didn't seem focused enough to play any semblance of D. i think they just want the playoffs to start already...i know i do, i fast forward through lots of games lately. anyway, at least this loss will wake the mavs up to finish the regular season, i hope avery rests up some of the guys once they get the magic number to clinch hca, i don't care about the 70 and i don't think he does either...anyway, 65 is what they should get, from a historical playoffs perspective. like i said, i'm not going to lie, i'm very happy that the spurs will most likely meet the suns in the playoffs but i also hope we get past the first round and don't end up in a seven game series against the rockets.

BillsCarnage
04-01-2007, 06:56 PM
It's all about the stats, something many Mavs AND Suns fans fail to consider when breaking down a game. Once again, you failed to address the stats I posted...

I don't believe in excuses either, but I also don't believe in throwing stuff out there and not backing it up with anything concrete, e.g. talking about Suns' defense today, talking about Mavs' fg% today, talking about Mavs' bench, talking about JJ like you know what you're talking about, etc.

Let's look at the defensive stats..

Suns.......Mavs
27...........17......defensive reb
6.............3.......stl's
4.............0.......blk's
57%........50%...3pt %
65%........46%....fg %

Can't find the points in paint, but i think the Suns owned that one too by a healthy margin.

pking
04-01-2007, 07:01 PM
It's a lot easier to get defensive rebounds when the team is missing shots :lol You guys weren't missing.

BillsCarnage
04-01-2007, 07:06 PM
It's a lot easier to get defensive rebounds when the team is missing shots :lol You guys weren't missing.

Your guys weren't guarding :drunk

monosylab1k
04-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Maybe next time around somebody will tell Dirk that he's going to be playing basketball. Not bullshitting around for 3 hours with a round orange bouncy thing.

And is it just me, or has he completely forgotten how to make a three pointer?

bulletedge
04-01-2007, 07:30 PM
The best news for the Mavs is that the Spurs will take care of the Suns...Dallas won't have to play them again this season...thank God!

nsrammstein
04-01-2007, 07:38 PM
Mavs are 61 - 12 we lose one game in the regular season and there is no way we get past the 1st round and we are nothing. I love it.

Shank
04-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Meh, it's all good.

Nine more of these "whatevers" before it gets a little more interesting.

And yes - Dirk was playing like a little bitch today. See that orange thing 10' up in the air, Dirk? Run TOWARD the fucking thing and put the bouncy thing in. I also lost count of how many of Phx's baskets were attributed to Dirk's laziness on D today. Dampier would have helped as it looked as though Dirk wasn't 100% of his role when guys were cutting into the paint.

No excuses, though. Phx looked scary nice today.

Now it's baseball, Guitar Hero 2 for the 360 and winning the office pool to keep me interested until the next game.

But for all the Spurs fans that are having a good time laughing at today's game - good luck on Thursday. If Phx is on like that again, you guys are screwed too.

nsrammstein
04-01-2007, 08:02 PM
If I remember correctly the spurs also got anally gored in Phoenix earlier in the season.

BUMP
04-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Mavs are 61 - 12 we lose one game in the regular season and there is no way we get past the 1st round and we are nothing. I love it.

actually nobody said that.

stop overreacting.

jdalive2004
04-01-2007, 08:28 PM
How Bout those SPURS!!!!!!! 100-99 LOSERS!!!!!!!!! To the Pacers!!! HAHAHAHA! I'd rather lose to the Suns than the Pacers!!!!! Mavs back up to a 9-game lead!!

nsrammstein
04-01-2007, 08:31 PM
LMAFOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOPWNED :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

Fillmoe
04-01-2007, 08:31 PM
How Bout those SPURS!!!!!!! 100-99 LOSERS!!!!!!!!! To the Pacers!!! HAHAHAHA! I'd rather lose to the Suns than the Pacers!!!!! Mavs back up to a 9-game lead!!

does that make you feel better about your loss?

nsrammstein
04-01-2007, 08:34 PM
actually it does, nothing like quenching a mavs loss with a good ole spurs loss

Shank
04-01-2007, 08:34 PM
When Phoenix loses, they get blown out by the opponent.
When San Antonio loses, they fall to terrible teams.

What does this tell us?

Absolutely nothing.

Roxsfan
04-01-2007, 09:06 PM

was that the same ankle he rolled.

If so, the pain could be clouding his judgement. :bang

Roxsfan
04-01-2007, 09:09 PM
We sucked bigtime today but it's comical to see everybody act like we're the worst team in basketball. 61-12 isn't half bad....but whatever.

Again, when Mavs win a regular season game against a good team, it's 'just the regular season, it doesn't mean anything' but when we lose one...man, we're beneath pond-scum, can't compete with a JV HS team, Dirk is the worst player in the league, etc., etc.

You said it, not me :clap

lefty
04-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Mavs' Defense was horrible today;

Dampier didn't play;

Meaningless game ; I'm disappointed

ponky
04-01-2007, 10:22 PM
does that make you feel better about your loss?

i'm smiling...last time the mavs lost, the suns proceeded to lose a couple and so did the spurs...the spurs lost tonight and i think the suns will to the spurs on thursday (is that when they play?) nothing really matters anymore as far as regular season goes, i think avery will start resting guys in a couple of days, they could all use it

ponky
04-01-2007, 10:24 PM
was that the same ankle he rolled.

If so, the pain could be clouding his judgement. :bang

you can't just get under a guy like that and not allow him room to come down and land...anyway, yes it's the same ankle and in dirk's honor i rolled that same ankle this morning at around 4 am and i just kept running, didn't even think about the pain...well i did, for like 30 secs

SpursFanFirst
04-01-2007, 10:25 PM
actually it does, nothing like quenching a mavs loss with a good ole spurs loss

Funny...I felt the same way after finding out the Mavs lost.

SpursFanFirst
04-01-2007, 10:28 PM
If I remember correctly the spurs also got anally gored in Phoenix earlier in the season.

If I'm not mistaken, they weren't exactly on an even playing field from the beginning...the Spurs were coming into the 2nd of a back-to-back after a tough game...and the Suns had two days off prior. It makes a difference.

ponky
04-01-2007, 10:38 PM
If I'm not mistaken, they weren't exactly on an even playing field from the beginning...the Spurs were coming into the 2nd of a back-to-back after a tough game...and the Suns had two days off prior. It makes a difference.

it makes no difference...i don't use it as an excuse for the mavs loss to golden state after beating the lakers the night before. mavs have such a great BTB record that there is no reason that they should win some of those second games and not others. anyway, i don't really see what past games have to do with the future and i expect the spurs to get back and win on thursday. i know the spurs don't have the best BTB record but it really shouldn't matter, all teams have BTBs and they learn to deal. mavs have had two btbs that involved the spurs and won all four of those games.

Roxsfan
04-01-2007, 11:53 PM
you can't just get under a guy like that and not allow him room to come down and land...anyway, yes it's the same ankle and in dirk's honor i rolled that same ankle this morning at around 4 am and i just kept running, didn't even think about the pain...well i did, for like 30 secs

what the hell are you running for at 4am? :nope The only thing I am running for at 4 am is from a fire! :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun

TX triangle ate donkey nuts today :donkey :toast http://www.rtis.com/reg/hearne/mqmapgend_small1.gif

ponky
04-01-2007, 11:58 PM
what the hell are you running for at 4am? :nope The only thing I am running for at 4 am is from a fire! :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun

TX triangle ate donkey nuts today :donkey :toast http://www.rtis.com/reg/hearne/mqmapgend_small1.gif

i sleep from about 8 AM to 1-2 PM...everything else gets done outside of those hours

RonMexico
04-02-2007, 12:35 AM
Ok, I'm going to try and summarize everything into one post:

(a) Watched this game in Dallas (Uptown area, I think?) with my boy monosylab1k and tons of Mavs fans (and some token blonde girls scattered throughout, no doubt along for the ride).

(b) I just got a little bit of 'tang and was dropped off at my hotel by the girl around 11:45 tonight, so that's why I haven't posted yet.

(c) Really impressed that the Suns came out with this kind of intensity and this game makes the complete drumming to G-State much easier to swallow.

(d) The last part of this game was very similar to the Spurs/Suns game a few months back... i.e. there's 6:30 left in the 4th and it's a 5 point game... then, there's 4 mins left and it's a 13 point game and the Suns are just nailing ridiculous shots.

(e) I'm not going to say the Suns' D was "great" by any stretch of the imagination, but it was definitely good (simply because I think anytime the Suns can hold a team to its avg. FG%, then that's pretty damn good for them). However, I can see where some Suns fans are applauding the D a lot today because the Suns really showed some increased activity and defensive intensity at times. For example (and I pointed this out at the bar), earlier in the game the Mavs were getting wide open 3's on swing passes - hence, that's why they were 7-for-7 at one point. But there is a specific defensive possession where the Suns were extremely active on defense - i.e. jumping in passing lanes, not leaving their feet on pump fakes, adjusting quickly to swing passes and the Mavs had to put up a crappy shot with like 3 seconds left on the shot clock. That was some of the better D they've played all year (there's a specific point with like 10 secs left on shot clock where Howard had a 3 that would have been wide open in the 1st quarter, but Diaw closed out very well on him). Then again, the next Mavs' possession, Josh Howard drives the baseline and dunks over 3 Suns players... and shortly thereafter, Stack is at the line for a 3-point opportunity, so I still can't give this a "great" for defense, but it leaves me optimistic that they might be able to get stops at pivotal points in the playoffs.

(f) Here I was afraid the Suns would suck it up in this game and lose ground to SA, but they get the win AND a Spurs loss... with my little booty call as well, the heavens just opened up for me today.... haha.

(g) Stack loves playing the Suns... and they seem to keep letting him back down smaller defenders like Barbosa and shoot 10-ft turnarounds... again, can't call D like that "great."

(h) Suns/Mavs series has been incredibly evenly matched for 3 years now and it's a lot of fun to watch. I don't weight this game any higher than the others this year, except that the Suns probably had the mental edge they needed because they want to keep the #2 seed while the Mavs have #1 virtually locked up.

(i) Suns still have a tough road ahead of them with SA, Houston and other good teams to close out the season... I don't want to see another emotional letdown like they had after the last game in Dallas.

(j) Dirk was fouled on that play where he rolled his ankle... it's in the rule book that the shooter is in the act of shooting until he hits the ground. That said, I don't think it was an intentional play by Marion to hurt Dirk because Dirk was moving forward on the shot and Marion was jumping forward to get a hand in his face... still a foul that I wouldn't have minded being called.

(k) Suns defensive rebounding - while more than the Mavs' - still was not great at all because they allowed a double-digit offensive rebounding effort at home in a game where Dallas didn't have Dampier... still not acceptable for me yet. Btw, did Kurt Thomas even play? I kinda drank a lot this afternoon, but I don't remember seeing him.

(l) This is a long list, so feel free to respond to any or all of my points... and also let me know if you think there's anything I've missed because I tried to address most of the topics in this thread as I read over them tonight.

monosylab1k
04-02-2007, 12:36 AM
(b) I just got a little bit of 'tang and was dropped off at my hotel by the girl around 11:45 tonight, so that's why I haven't posted yet.

ah wow you got the deal done eh! i salute you, sir.

ponky
04-02-2007, 12:44 AM
Ok, I'm going to try and summarize everything into one post:

(a) Watched this game in Dallas (Uptown area, I think?) with my boy monosylab1k and tons of Mavs fans (and some token blonde girls scattered throughout, no doubt along for the ride).

(c) Really impressed that the Suns came out with this kind of intensity and this game makes the complete drumming to G-State much easier to swallow.

(d) The last part of this game was very similar to the Spurs/Suns game a few months back... i.e. there's 6:30 left in the 4th and it's a 5 point game... then, there's 4 mins left and it's a 13 point game and the Suns are just nailing ridiculous shots.

(e) I'm not going to say the Suns' D was "great" by any stretch of the imagination, but it was definitely good (simply because I think anytime the Suns can hold a team to its avg. FG%, then that's pretty damn good for them). However, I can see where some Suns fans are applauding the D a lot today because the Suns really showed some increased activity and defensive intensity at times. For example (and I pointed this out at the bar), earlier in the game the Mavs were getting wide open 3's on swing passes - hence, that's why they were 7-for-7 at one point. But there is a specific defensive possession where the Suns were extremely active on defense - i.e. jumping in passing lanes, not leaving their feet on pump fakes, adjusting quickly to swing passes and the Mavs had to put up a crappy shot with like 3 seconds left on the shot clock. That was some of the better D they've played all year (there's a specific point with like 10 secs left on shot clock where Howard had a 3 that would have been wide open in the 1st quarter, but Diaw closed out very well on him). Then again, the next Mavs' possession, Josh Howard drives the baseline and dunks over 3 Suns players... and shortly thereafter, Stack is at the line for a 3-point opportunity, so I still can't give this a "great" for defense, but it leaves me optimistic that they might be able to get stops at pivotal points in the playoffs.

(f) Here I was afraid the Suns would suck it up in this game and lose ground to SA, but they get the win AND a Spurs loss... with my little booty call as well, the heavens just opened up for me today.... haha.

(g) Stack loves playing the Suns... and they seem to keep letting him back down smaller defenders like Barbosa and shoot 10-ft turnarounds... again, can't call D like that "great."

(h) Suns/Mavs series has been incredibly evenly matched for 3 years now and it's a lot of fun to watch. I don't weight this game any higher than the others this year, except that the Suns probably had the mental edge they needed because they want to keep the #2 seed while the Mavs have #1 virtually locked up.

(i) Suns still have a tough road ahead of them with SA, Houston and other good teams to close out the season... I don't want to see another emotional letdown like they had after the last game in Dallas.

(j) Dirk was fouled on that play where he rolled his ankle... it's in the rule book that the shooter is in the act of shooting until he hits the ground. That said, I don't think it was an intentional play by Marion to hurt Dirk because Dirk was moving forward on the shot and Marion was jumping forward to get a hand in his face... still a foul that I wouldn't have minded being called.

(k) Suns defensive rebounding - while more than the Mavs' - still was not great at all because they allowed a double-digit offensive rebounding effort at home in a game where Dallas didn't have Dampier... still not acceptable for me yet. Btw, did Kurt Thomas even play? I kinda drank a lot this afternoon, but I don't remember seeing him.

(l) This is a long list, so feel free to respond to any or all of my points... and also let me know if you think there's anything I've missed because I tried to address most of the topics in this thread as I read over them tonight.

1. i get ass every night, ever since i've been legal but it's funny that you mentioned it twice, must've been awhile

2. thanks for addressing the dirk foul/rolled ankle...there are at least two posters in this thread who don't get that concept and it was accidental but still a foul

3. suns played well, their defense was ok but not great, their offense was great.

4. i'm glad the spurs lost too, it makes me smile and i could care less about the mavs loss tonight, i'm ready for the playoffs, it's starting to get boring...at least we can see how the botton half of the seeds pan out

Amuseddaysleeper
04-02-2007, 01:18 AM
There will be no more discussion of the Spurs loss to the Pacers!

but seriously, Grrrr

RonMexico
04-02-2007, 01:24 AM
1. i get ass every night, ever since i've been legal but it's funny that you mentioned it twice, must've been awhile

2. thanks for addressing the dirk foul/rolled ankle...there are at least two posters in this thread who don't get that concept and it was accidental but still a foul

3. suns played well, their defense was ok but not great, their offense was great.

4. i'm glad the spurs lost too, it makes me smile and i could care less about the mavs loss tonight, i'm ready for the playoffs, it's starting to get boring...at least we can see how the botton half of the seeds pan out

Suns D was a tale of two halves... really only saw anything good coming out in the 4th quarter and then the Mavs started pressing too hard to try and come back, so it made it look even better than it was.

Yes, I haven't gotten anything decent (aka - not a really drunk/embarrassing hookup) since I broke up with my gf about 3 1/2 weeks ago. Also, this girl just got a boob job about a month ago and I will tell you that doctor did some great work... she was kind flat-chested before, but if you're gonna live in Dallas, you're gonna have to visit the plastic surgeon I suppose...

RonMexico
04-02-2007, 01:26 AM
ah wow you got the deal done eh! i salute you, sir.

Thank you, my friend... I'd say she was vulnerable because the Mavs lost... :lol