PDA

View Full Version : This is Going to be a very EASY Ride

LongBall
03-30-2007, 12:04 AM
The Suns have no D and the Spurs are too old with no depth to match. This is going to be an easy road for the Mavs. It should be fun to watch the destruction as the Mavs go through everyone.

Does anyone else have a chance? :nope I guarantee IT!!

Amuseddaysleeper
03-30-2007, 12:04 AM
you guarantee everyone else has a chance?

Pugglekicker_21
03-30-2007, 12:06 AM
im really hoping for a Dalls loss to shut this guy up. Not all Dallas fans are bad, but some.....well,.... fuck it.

I have no words.

Guru of Nothing
03-30-2007, 12:11 AM
The Suns have no D and the Spurs are too old with no depth to match. This is going to be an easy road for the Mavs. It should be fun to watch the destruction as the Mavs go through everyone.

Were the Spurs young last year? Did the Suns play D last year? Did the Mavs 'C'hoke last year?

One out of three ain't bad.

StylisticS
03-30-2007, 12:13 AM
Please people don't take the bait of the people that just started watching basketball 2 years ago or people posing as Mavs fans when they are in fact fans of some other team.

Shank
03-30-2007, 12:13 AM
There needs to be a rule where you have to have 100 posts before you can start a thread. This crap is getting out of hand.

ponky
03-30-2007, 07:26 AM
im really hoping for a Dalls loss to shut this guy up. Not all Dallas fans are bad, but some.....well,.... fuck it.

I have no words.

earlier tonight you called out one of your fellow spurs fans, some newbie...and let's not forget spursdynasty...as long as he roots for the spurs and talks smack spurs fans should clean their own house before talking about another team's more annoying fans

JamStone
03-30-2007, 07:36 AM
If Golden State can lock up the 8th seed, Dallas might not be a factor in the playoffs.

Leetonidas
03-30-2007, 07:47 AM
You sir, are an idiot.

JamStone
03-30-2007, 08:00 AM
This will be a post-season where the WC first round match-ups could be very competitive.

If the Warriors can get that 8th spot, Golden State has played extremely well against Dallas and has gotten healthier and more confident this late in the season. And, they already beat the Mavs AT Dallas.

Denver still hasn't found its groove but pose an interesting match-up against the Spurs should Denver remain at 7 and Phoenix at 2. It would be a series of which team can outscore the other. Who on the Suns can stop Iverson?

And, of course if the Lakers keep that 6th slot, that will be a very interesting matchup against the Spurs if they cannot overtake the 2 seed. Lakers have beaten the Spurs twice this year and also won in San Antonio. Kwame Brown is a solid defender on Duncan. And, Smush Parker is one of the few point guards that does a decent job against quicker point guards. And, then there's always Kobe.

I don't think it will be a cakewalk for any team in the Western Conference playoffs, including the Mavs if they draw Golden State in the first round.

StylisticS
03-30-2007, 08:36 AM
If Golden State can lock up the 8th seed, Dallas might not be a factor in the playoffs.
Stop it. Most of their wins have been last second shots against Dallas and in a seven game series, Dallas would handle the them in more than 5, 6 at the most. It would probably be similar to Suns-Spurs 2003. If you remember that one, the Suns beat them 3 out of 4 times in the regular season.

LEONARD
03-30-2007, 08:43 AM

YOU ARE A FUCKING MORON...

Please delete your account...thanks!! :donkey

trueD
03-30-2007, 08:46 AM

The little emoticon is called "NOPE", so yes... this Mavs fan is actually guaranteeing a easy ride for the Mavs. All his/her 17 posts must have gone to their little head.

Warriors have beaten Dallas twice this year; Dallas is lucky enough to have them in their play rotation only three times. In their final nine regular season games, Warriors play Dallas, Utah, Houston & S.A. They also play Portland, Minne, Sac (automatic loss :lol) and the Grizz TWICE.

Without evaluating the other contending teams' end-of-season schedule, it's fair to say the Warriors SHOULD close out the season strong if they continue to be hot and healthy.

So I'm going out on a limb here and saying the edit: Mavs,,,errr I mean the Warriors will be the 8th and final seed, playing Dallas in the first round. Call me crazy and and mark this post for future smack. I don't care. It's time to crawl out of my sheltered "take no chances" internet cave.

So Dallas will--should they remain the number one seed--have some real trouble in the first round. Buwwwhhahahahahahaahaha.

JamStone
03-30-2007, 09:26 AM
Stop it. Most of their wins have been last second shots against Dallas and in a seven game series, Dallas would handle the them in more than 5, 6 at the most. It would probably be similar to Suns-Spurs 2003. If you remember that one, the Suns beat them 3 out of 4 times in the regular season.

http://www.nba.com/games/20070312/DALGSW/boxscore.html

That was the last meeting between Golden State and Dallas. A 17 point win, and it wasn't even that close. It was a 29 point lead after three quarters. And, it wasn't the Dallas starters that made the game closer. It was the Dallas third stringers.

If you don't think Don Nelson and that offense with the athletic and versatile guys they put out there wouldn't give Dallas a problem in a series, then you're just in denial. I didn't say Dallas wouldn't win. I just said it certainly wouldn't be easy.

mFFL03
03-30-2007, 09:32 AM

That was the last meeting between Golden State and Dallas. A 17 point win, and it wasn't even that close. It was a 29 point lead after three quarters. And, it wasn't the Dallas starters that made the game closer. It was the Dallas third stringers.

If you don't think Don Nelson and that offense with the athletic and versatile guys they put out there wouldn't give Dallas a problem in a series, then you're just in denial. I didn't say Dallas wouldn't win. I just said it certainly wouldn't be easy.

Yeah, but lets see them shoot lights out over a 7 game series....probably not going to happen.

Sure they will win a game, maybe two. But definetely not in a row.

And this is exactly what happens every year....idiot Mavs Fans come out 10 games before the playoffs and claim to have been watching the whole season. Yet they can't name the starting line up...hmm...

Shank
03-30-2007, 09:39 AM
The Playoffs are EXACTLY like the regular season. Trends from the regular season tend to carry over to the playoffs. If you beat a team in February, it's GUARANTEED you'll beat them come May.

Duncanoypi
03-30-2007, 09:50 AM
So I'm going out on a limb here and saying the Mavs will be the 8th and final seed, playing Dallas in the first round. Call me crazy and and mark this post for future smack. I don't care. It's time to crawl out of my sheltered "take no chances" internet cave.

So Dallas will--should they remain the number one seed--have some real trouble in the first round. Buwwwhhahahahahahaahaha.

how the hell that Dallas is the 1st and the 8th seed? :elephant

NBA Junkie
03-30-2007, 09:53 AM
The Playoffs are EXACTLY like the regular season. Trends from the regular season tend to carry over to the playoffs. If you beat a team in February, it's GUARANTEED you'll beat them come May.

The greatest sarcastic post ever!

MrChug
03-30-2007, 10:11 AM

"This is Going to be a very EASY Ride"

That's funny, that's what we said about your Mom.

clambake
03-30-2007, 10:35 AM
If anyone has forgotten last year, it doesn't take ANOTHER team to beat the mavs. The pressure of another failure could be/would be crushing. I fear the implosion.

sandman
03-30-2007, 10:51 AM
earlier tonight you called out one of your fellow spurs fans, some newbie...and let's not forget spursdynasty...as long as he roots for the spurs and talks smack spurs fans should clean their own house before talking about another team's more annoying fans

Maybe it is just me, but I sort of expect to see Spurs fans talk smack about the Mavs on a site called spurstalk.com

What I don't expect is that a Mavs fan would call out Spurs fans on a Spurs fan web site for not calling out one of their own for running smack against the Mavs. That is like being in a titty bar and getting offended when one gets shook in your face.

nkdlunch
03-30-2007, 10:58 AM
otro trolo

ratm1221
03-30-2007, 11:13 AM

And I'll be the one laughing when the Pistons get knocked out by Miami... again.

u2sarajevo
03-30-2007, 11:14 AM
If not for people quoting this guy, and thanks to the Ignore feature, I would have no idea what he was saying.

But since I couldn't resist reading what was quoted I now know.

Longball..... the Spurs aren't deep? Maybe not as deep as the Mavs but their main players sure get alot more rest than ours do. Add to that they win alot and there is a kink in your theory.

I can't believe I'm feeding the troll.

JamStone
03-30-2007, 11:54 AM
And I'll be the one laughing when the Pistons get knocked out by Miami... again.

People are so fucking sensitive.

Miami very well could beat the Pistons in the playoffs. So fucking what?

Some of you Dallas fans are really fucking babies. All I'm saying is that the way the Warriors have been playing lately, and how well they've played against the Mavericks this year, they could make it very difficult for the Mavs if they end up getting the 8th seed. I didn't say they would necessarily win. I just said they could make it hard for the Mavs and they could win.

Why are some of you Mavs fans so fucking sensitive? Relax. It's just an opinion.

nkdlunch
03-30-2007, 12:01 PM
Some of you Dallas fans are really fucking babies.

some?

Islymore
03-30-2007, 12:27 PM
yeah its SOME... not ALL, not MOST.

unfortunately there are some horrible trolls and homer fans on this site that don't know the difference between being a FAN and being a JERK. this years FINALS are goin to be a tough ride for anybody in the WEST. all three of the top teams in the west will have to battle their way to the top. doesnt matter how many guarantees there are, how many jinxes set, or how many times a Spur/Mav/Sun fan talks shit about the other... this year the BANNERS/LOB TROPHY/RINGS are on whoever plays the best.

could it be the Spurs... possibly.
could it be the Mavs... possibly.
could it be the Suns... possibly.

It is all on how the ball bounces, who plays the best collective amount of games, who get the right calls, who gets the wrong calls, who plays the elite caliber that we know all three of those teams can play.

For any fan to scream, it's guaranteed... not only is it silly, premature, impossible to know.... I just gotta tell him/her to pass me some of what you :smokin!!!!

edit: whoever said there should be a set amount of posts made before you can create a thread... good idea.... excellent idea even.

SpursDynasty
03-30-2007, 01:43 PM

I have officially quit the whole Mavs vs Spurs smack talk stuff...it's late enough in the regular season so that both teams know how good their chances are, and there's no need to say "such and such is more young and athletic", the actual playing of the games will speak for itself, whether the old team or young team is doing well.

I've been guilty of smack talk, but...it's April, and the playoffs start in what..2 weeks?

And last time I checked, SA has won 18 of 20, and is currently playing .500 against Phoenix and Houston, with 1 game left vs Utah and Dallas each, going into those games playing the best ball they have all year. That all speaks for itself, to be doing this well after SA hasn't struggled this much since probably Duncan's injury in 1999-2000.

mardigan
03-30-2007, 01:47 PM
Yea, Ponky, i usually agree with most things you say, but you do realize that this site is called SPurstalk.com right? We are going to talk about fans of other teams, it our right, thats why we come to this site and why it was created, for Spur fans, the other fans are great, but dont act like we are out of place

mardigan
03-30-2007, 01:48 PM
And by the way guys, this guy is a joke, and I doubt he is even a real Mav fan, just an idiot

monosylab1k
03-30-2007, 01:52 PM
I have officially quit the whole Mavs vs Spurs smack talk stuff...

I'll believe this when I see it.

JamStone
03-30-2007, 02:17 PM
I have officially quit the whole Mavs vs Spurs smack talk stuff...it's late enough in the regular season so that both teams know how good their chances are, and there's no need to say "such and such is more young and athletic", the actual playing of the games will speak for itself, whether the old team or young team is doing well.

I've been guilty of smack talk, but...it's April, and the playoffs start in what..2 weeks?

And last time I checked, SA has won 18 of 20, and is currently playing .500 against Phoenix and Houston, with 1 game left vs Utah and Dallas each, going into those games playing the best ball they have all year. That all speaks for itself, to be doing this well after SA hasn't struggled this much since probably Duncan's injury in 1999-2000.

If it speaks for itself, why did you insist on making sure you mentioned it?

ponky
03-30-2007, 02:21 PM
Yea, Ponky, i usually agree with most things you say, but you do realize that this site is called SPurstalk.com right? We are going to talk about fans of other teams, it our right, thats why we come to this site and why it was created, for Spur fans, the other fans are great, but dont act like we are out of place

lol, yeah i realize it's called spurstalk and i also realize that the mavericks are the discussion like 40% of the time, discussions not necessarily initiated by mavs fans either...i never meant to imply that any spurs fan here was out of place, it's just hilarious to call out a mavs fan for something minor when spursdynasty has managed to irk probably more fans of ANY team than any other poster...i've never seen so many spurs fans rip into one of their own than i have with spursdynasty

mardigan
03-30-2007, 02:24 PM
lol, yeah i realize it's called spurstalk and i also realize that the mavericks are the discussion like 40% of the time, discussions not necessarily initiated by mavs fans either...i never meant to imply that any spurs fan here was out of place, it's just hilarious to call out a mavs fan for something minor when spursdynasty has managed to irk probably more fans of ANY team than any other poster...i've never seen so many spurs fans rip into one of their own than i have with spursdynasty
Yea, I know he is like that fat kid from Bad Santa, I always want to ask "Are you just fucking with me?" I guess we all have our village idiots, except this longball character I dont think is even a real Mav fan

ponky
03-30-2007, 02:30 PM
Yea, I know he is like that fat kid from Bad Santa, I always want to ask "Are you just fucking with me?" I guess we all have our village idiots, except this longball character I dont think is even a real Mav fan

lol, i love that movie! yeah, i don't about some of the newbies who start immediately talking a lot of smack. hard to tell if they're for real or just doing it to trick people.

Fillmoe
03-30-2007, 02:44 PM
Fuck You Pussy Ass Mavs Fans! Your Leader Is Soft! Plays No D, Has No Heart! He Let His Squad Lose 4 Fucking Straight On The Biggest Stage In The Nba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now All U Fucks Go Kill Yourselves Please!

Fillmoe
03-30-2007, 02:45 PM
sorry for the cursing, before islymore comes in here and tells me i curse too much.... :lol :lol

Shank
03-30-2007, 02:56 PM
sorry for the cursing, before islymore comes in here and tells me i curse too much.... :lol :lol

Fag.

pussyface.
03-30-2007, 02:59 PM
Fuck You Pussy Ass Mavs Fans! Your Leader Is Soft! Plays No D, Has No Heart! He Let His Squad Lose 4 Fucking Straight On The Biggest Stage In The Nba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now All U Fucks Go Kill Yourselves Please!

spare me. the pussyface (that's me) was reading a biography about mao tse-tung the other night (well i wasn't reading it, i was just kinda skimming to the good parts and looking at the pictures in the middle of the book), and i received enlightenment about how the mavericks are better than the kings. that enlightenment was the most current nba standings found on espn.com

i know, i know, the pussyface is kick ass. straighten up, homey, or i'll have to pwn your ass like the n00b you are, over and over. got it?

ratm1221
03-30-2007, 03:02 PM

Wow... you got some serious issues.

LongBall
03-30-2007, 03:07 PM
Longball is the ultimate Mav fan. the other ones on here are scared of the Spurs fans because the Spurs have history of beating the Mavs. Longball isn't scared of Spurs fans and isn't going to act like a giant puss to please them. Ponky, Shank, Monosylab1k, Islymore are fakers, not real fans. Grow some balls or shut the fuck up.

SAtown
03-30-2007, 03:11 PM
Longball is the ultimate Mav fan. the other ones on here are scared of the Spurs fans because the Spurs have history of beating the Mavs. Longball isn't scared of Spurs fans and isn't going to act like a giant puss to please them. Ponky, Shank, Monosylab1k, Islymore are fakers, not real fans. Grow some balls or shut the fuck up.

:lol Trust me, they don't really take anyone's shit. Although I don't agree with them some (most :smokin ) of the time, they always bring good arguments to the discussion. You, on the other hand, need to either come up with better 'troll' shit or actually be for real

mardigan
03-30-2007, 03:13 PM
And you reference yourself in 3rd person, what a douchebag

Islymore
03-30-2007, 04:33 PM

jeez Fill...y i gotta get called out twice on ONE thread?? :dramaquee
and you know you still curse too much... but i like it...
if you heard me talk - you might say the same about me tho :p:

and i cant stand dick chasers like this LONGBALL katt..
might be why he chose the name...

LongBall
03-30-2007, 04:39 PM
damn if the mavs were as pussy as their fans here they would be getting corn holed at center court every night.

Islymore
03-30-2007, 04:45 PM
hahaha... why would anyone wanna get on an internet board to make an ass of themself? are u serious with this shit? what are u like 12 yrs old, excited bc you get to sneak on the computer and talk crazy to ppl you will never meet?

StylisticS
03-30-2007, 05:47 PM

That's just one game. I said most. Most of their wins have been on last second shots against us.

Nashfan
03-30-2007, 05:53 PM

You are ridiculous!!

trueD
03-30-2007, 09:28 PM
So I'm going out on a limb here and saying the Mavs will be the 8th and final seed, playing Dallas in the first round. Call me crazy and and mark this post for future smack. I don't care. It's time to crawl out of my sheltered "take no chances" internet cave.

how the hell that Dallas is the 1st and the 8th seed? :elephantDuh, I meant the Warriors. Kind of a blatant error...

You a teacher?