PDA

View Full Version : Starbury Sons Lebron James

Ol Dirty Bastard
03-30-2007, 01:04 PM
Before the game, James took a little shot at Marbury's $14.98 kicks, saying he couldn't imagine endorsing a sneaker that cheap.

"No, I don't think so," James said. "Me being with Nike, we hold our standards high."
Marbury, who is friendly with James, was lacing up his Starburys before the game when informed of LeBron's comment. He thought about it for a moment and said, "I'd rather own than be owned."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/ny-sbkside295150100mar29,0,6341008.story

Fillmoe
03-30-2007, 01:12 PM
ducks i didnt know you were an ODB fan

monosylab1k
03-30-2007, 01:16 PM
ducks i didnt know you were an ODB fan

LOL i was right about to post the same thing :lol dude's gotta be ducks incognito.

ponky
03-30-2007, 02:26 PM
yeah, i bet he was thinking the same thing growing up in the projects...who cares about food and education when you have some $200 air jordans? idiot.

anyway, nice comeback by marbury

mardigan
03-30-2007, 02:27 PM
Way to go Steph, Im liking this guy more and more

ducks
03-30-2007, 02:38 PM
james has a HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHUGE BETTER THEN THOUGH ATTITUDE NOW

Spurminator
03-30-2007, 02:40 PM
BETTER THEN THOUGH

:lmao

That took me a little while.

Borosai
03-30-2007, 03:11 PM
Way to go Steph, Im liking this guy more and more

Very true. I think some people fail to understand that those $100+ shoes are very very cheap to make (sweat shops anyone?), resulting in huge profits. How do you think Nike can afford to pay athletes insane amounts of money just to wear their shoes and other products (Tiger, Lebron, etc...)? The shoe industry is a huge rip-off.

Obviously, the materials used to make Marbury's shoes may not be as unique as some used to make expensive Nikes and so on, but it doesn't justify the price difference. Nobody would manufacture $15 shoes unless they could turn some kind of profit, so imagine how cheap they are to make (I mean all shoes).

Anyway, I think it's great...at least he isn't afraid of having that oh-so-feared "cheap" image. OTOH, Lebron is looking more and more like a douchebag.

Islymore
03-30-2007, 04:37 PM
:lmao

That took me a little while.

yeah... me too!!!!!! I was like "BETTER THAN THOUGH" :dizzy :oops :lmao

and the fact that the media thinks LBJ is the NEXT COMING might have something to do with his complex 2. that was really insulting, not to mention kinda bitchy behavior from a man. besides the Starbury kicks aint soo bad looking... and like ponky said...

ppl will live on section 8, in the poorest spot of any hood, welfare check to welfare check - but will hustle enuf change to cop they kids some 200+ sneaks? get the fuck outta here with that. i'm gonna go get a grip of Starbury shoes....