PDA

View Full Version : Knicks @ Mavs GAME THREAD

Dirk Nowitzki
03-30-2007, 05:54 PM
:rolleyes :rolleyes Since someone deleted my thread about an upcoming Mavs game in the NBA forum, I am going to recreate this thread now! :madrun Tonight the Knicks visit the AAC to face our Mavs! Mavs will beat the living shit out of the Knicks tonight! LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! :clap :clap

Chris Childs
03-30-2007, 06:00 PM
:clap

monosylab1k
03-30-2007, 06:05 PM

I must say, Chris Childs, I do enjoy your signature pic. And the ripples of skin on his throat created by your fist. Good stuff. But you're still a cock.

Chris Childs
03-30-2007, 06:12 PM
I must say, Chris Childs, I do enjoy your signature pic. And the ripples of skin on his throat created by your fist. Good stuff. But you're still a cock.
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s117/ByrdManFly/11500041924.gif
You<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<ME!

ponky
03-30-2007, 06:17 PM
i don't know if i can watch tonight's game. i want the mavs to win but i also want the knicks to win....although, i want the mavs to win a bit more but not at the expense of the knicks :( :cry

Borosai
03-30-2007, 07:01 PM
Marbury is going to stomp the Mavs with his $15 sneakers!

Chris Childs
03-30-2007, 08:23 PM
knicks will win this game.

I believe.

Chris Childs
03-30-2007, 08:25 PM
avery johnson is a homo

Chris Childs
03-30-2007, 08:26 PM
Diop got owned twice!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Childs
03-30-2007, 08:27 PM
theres no other team I hate more than dallas. PERIOD.

Nashfan
03-30-2007, 08:40 PM
Hate to say this, but Devin Harris is quite the flopper in this game tonight.

Flight3107
03-30-2007, 08:42 PM
Hate to say this, but Devin Harris is quite the flopper in this game tonight.

Says the Nash fan :lol

Nashfan
03-30-2007, 08:45 PM
Says the Nash fan :lol

Nash does flop at times but this is ridiculous, especially if you slow motion Harris and his flops. He must have taken lessons from Manu. :lol He falls before there is any contact what so ever.

Flight3107
03-30-2007, 08:47 PM
Nash does flop at times but this is ridiculous, especially if you slow motion Harris and his flops. He must have taken lessons from Manu. :lol He falls before there is any contact what so ever.

Funny, because that sounds like you are describing a certain PG in Phoenix.

Nashfan
03-30-2007, 08:48 PM
Funny, because that sounds like you are describing a certain PG in Phoenix.

Not quite :lol

mavsfan1000
03-30-2007, 09:06 PM
Nash is a flopper.

Fillmoe
03-30-2007, 09:10 PM
so is harris.... whats the point of this useless argument? they both flop but even at that... nash >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> harris

mavsfan1000
03-30-2007, 09:27 PM
so is harris.... whats the point of this useless argument? they both flop but even at that... nash >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> harris
The point of it is that nashfan made such a big deal of Harris's flopping. The irony is Nash is one of the biggest floppers in the league.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-30-2007, 09:37 PM
the knicks deserve a playoff spot

ThomasGranger
03-30-2007, 09:56 PM
I thought Dirk and Howard were hurt. Looks like they won't be getting much rest for those ankles tonight.

ducks
03-30-2007, 10:00 PM
marburry is kicking cubans ass

leemajors
03-30-2007, 10:03 PM
espn made an awesome decision in showing clip/kings.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-30-2007, 10:05 PM
espn made an awesome decision in showing clip/kings.

well on paper I'm sure knicks-mavs was expected to be a blowup in DAL's favor

dallasmavsnfuego214
03-30-2007, 10:06 PM
Dirk!!!

leemajors
03-30-2007, 10:06 PM
well on paper I'm sure knicks-mavs was expected to be a blowup in DAL's favor

they should be showing denver/phoenix.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-30-2007, 10:07 PM
Harris has all the right ideas on D but he needs to try to not be so much of a fouling machine.

Marbury is playing like vintage Suns era Marbury

ducks
03-30-2007, 10:07 PM
marrbarry is still kicking cubans ass

Amuseddaysleeper
03-30-2007, 10:08 PM
they should be showing denver/phoenix.

true

i hope phx drops this one. we'll only be ONE game behind if they do

:elephant :elephant

Obstructed_View
03-30-2007, 10:10 PM
Brad Davis is actually making me pine for Bob Ortegal. I don't mind homers but he's not even close to right on his color commentary. If he ever says "Yeah that was a foul on Dallas" I'll probably fall out of my chair.

mavs>spurs2
03-30-2007, 10:11 PM
Wow sloppy ass game by the mavs. Can't buy a stop.

itzsoweezee
03-30-2007, 10:11 PM
it's gotta be the shoes

BUMP
03-30-2007, 10:13 PM
Terry Steals It!!!!

What A Play!

BUMP
03-30-2007, 10:14 PM
HOLY SHIT, MAVS WIN AGAIN!!!

:downspin: :downspin: :elephant :elephant :clap :clap

SpursDynasty
03-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Dallas is sure having a hard time putting away easy teams. Stop celebrating, you haven't proven shit.

Ha ha.

itzsoweezee
03-30-2007, 10:15 PM
goddamn the mavs get lucky a lot. i think hollinger was onto something.

Obstructed_View
03-30-2007, 10:16 PM
Terry Steals It!!!!

What A Play!
That was a seriously lazy pass. It's been a while since the Mavs won a game with their defense. They need more of this before the playoffs start.

Amuseddaysleeper
yeah the mavs have looked pretty sketchy lately but considering the #1 seed is locked up I'm sure Avery will have them more than ready for the playoffs

Flight3107
Brad Davis is actually making me pine for Bob Ortegal. I don't mind homers but he's not even close to right on his color commentary. If he ever says "Yeah that was a foul on Dallas" I'll probably fall out of my chair.

Almost as bad as listening to Sean Elliott

Cant_Be_Faded
How many times can the mavs possibly have shit like this happen in their favor?

The guy guarding Dirk totally completely left him unbodied and let Dirk get the rebound on that Stackhouse missed three.....then Marbury after playing his ass off makes the stupidest laziest pass of the game....
maybe t his really is the mavs year, the close of this game was sick to watch

theroc5
03-30-2007, 10:17 PM
they just celebrated beating the knicks by 2 points at there home court. im thinking that the suns will beat the mavs come sunday.

Flight3107
03-30-2007, 10:18 PM
goddamn the mavs get lucky a lot. i think hollinger was onto something.

61 times and counting

Damn those lucky Mavs

BUMP
03-30-2007, 10:18 PM
:elephant

but seriously, can we please pick it up before the playoffs? :wakeup

Borosai
03-30-2007, 10:19 PM
Marbury is going to stomp the Mavs with his $15 sneakers!

I called it. :downspin:

Amuseddaysleeper
03-30-2007, 10:20 PM
Almost as bad as listening to Sean Elliott

not quite. Elliott at least gives credit to the other team plenty of times. One of those color commentators for the Mavs was BRUTAL. the other guy though was at least levelheaded. Of course, home commentators are expected to show signs of homerism but it's games like that where I wish league pass would offer home and away options for commentary

sribb43

I actually like Brad Davis, Bob Ortegal and Followel try to crack jokes that arent even funny. At least Brad Davis is focusing on the game and making useful comments pertaining to the game

Flight3107
I called it. :downspin:

He also had the biggest turnover of the game and got his shit swated with 4 seconds left on the clock.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-30-2007, 10:21 PM
:elephant

but seriously, can we please pick it up before the playoffs? :wakeup

Yeah I am surprised at the somewhat lazy stretches the Mavs go through but like I said, I'm sure since the #1 seed is virtually locked maybe the Mavs are just looking ahead. I'm sure they'll kick it up come playoff time

Flight3107
not quite. Elliott at least gives credit to the other team plenty of times. One of those color commentators for the Mavs was BRUTAL. the other guy though was at least levelheaded. Of course, home commentators are expected to show signs of homerism but it's games like that where I wish league pass would offer home and away options for commentary

GIVE ME A FUCKING BREAK !

BUMP
lol @ Terry throwing the ball up. that was a little too much :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
03-30-2007, 10:22 PM
He also had the biggest turnover of the game and got his shit swated with 4 seconds left on the clock.

:dramaquee

Amuseddaysleeper
03-30-2007, 10:23 PM

haha yeah for a second I was like "they won the championship?" :lol

but it was a tough game so I'm sure emotions were running high near the end

great game

Obstructed_View
03-30-2007, 10:25 PM
Mark Followill is great. You could actually tell he was getting annoyed with Davis whining about every whistle that went against the Mavs. Ortegal used to be really good when Matt Pinto used to bitch about everything that went against the Mavs, but I think they were told that they needed to complain more so that Cuban would look less like a pantywaist.

Anybody else ready to laugh at the next Mavs fan that dares to call Manu a flopper?

Obstructed_View
03-30-2007, 10:26 PM
He was celebrating his great defensive play of picking off a telgraphed 30 foot pass.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-30-2007, 10:26 PM
Mark Followill is great. You could actually tell he was getting annoyed with Davis whining about every whistle that went against the Mavs. Ortegal used to be really good when Matt Pinto used to bitch about everything that went against the Mavs, but I think they were told that they needed to complain more so that Cuban would look less like a pantywaist.

Anybody else ready to laugh at the next Mavs fan that dares to call Manu a flopper?

I agree with your thoughts on the commentary. I don't know the names of the Mavs commentary but one of them I liked a lot.

Also, yeah Harris flops like hell, but I don't think it means Manu doesn't either :lol (though I think he's considerably cut down on his flopping this season)

Obstructed_View
03-30-2007, 10:29 PM
I agree with your thoughts on the commentary. I don't know the names of the Mavs commentary but one of them I liked a lot.

Also, yeah Harris flops like hell, but I don't think it means Manu doesn't either :lol (though I think he's considerably cut down on his flopping this season)
Harris has learned from Darrell Armstrong how to throw himself in front of someone while falling back. The difference is Harris has quicker feet so he legitimately draws charges on occasion. That head bob is classic. He must have learned that from Mark Cuban.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-30-2007, 10:29 PM
dirk's game is predicated on flopping ever since avery made him take less threes

ponky
03-30-2007, 11:48 PM
Dallas is sure having a hard time putting away easy teams. Stop celebrating, you haven't proven shit.

Ha ha.

you're right. it was hard to put away the celtics and bucks.

ponky
03-30-2007, 11:52 PM
the game was fairly ugly, hurts that dirk sat for a lot of the third but no matter, we should've played better and the knicks had some guys out as well. anyway, i think the best thing for me was seeing dirk make all of his free throws with under three to go.

dallaskd
03-30-2007, 11:53 PM
Starbury was amazing but his bad pass hurt his team badly. Howard was the hero in this one.

dallaskd
03-30-2007, 11:54 PM
We need to hit Free throws late in games. At least Dirk hit his 2.

ponky
03-30-2007, 11:58 PM
We need to hit Free throws late in games. At least Dirk hit his 2.

actually dirk made 5 in the last two minutes of the game along with two two point baskets...9 points in the last two minutes is awesome

ponky
03-30-2007, 11:59 PM
dirk's game is predicated on flopping ever since avery made him take less threes

exaggerate much?

DubMcDub
03-31-2007, 02:11 AM
you're right. it was hard to put away the celtics and bucks.

Well at least the Spurs put both those teams away early and easily.

....Wait. :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
03-31-2007, 02:22 AM

Ha ha.

:oops :oops :oops

spursdynasty actually right about something?!?!

monosylab1k
03-31-2007, 02:24 AM
Anybody worth a shit in the NBA is a good flopper. So since Harris is such a great flopper, all of a sudden now Manu doesn't flop at all? Bullshit reasoning from idiot Spurs fans.

Dirk Nowitzki
03-31-2007, 02:24 AM
:clap :clap :clap I LOVE THESE GUYS! YOU FUCKERS MAKE ME SO GODDAMN PROUD!!! LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! AGAIN, I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! :clap :clap :toast

Amuseddaysleeper
03-31-2007, 02:28 AM
Anybody worth a shit in the NBA is a good flopper. So since Harris is such a great flopper, all of a sudden now Manu doesn't flop at all? Bullshit reasoning from idiot Spurs fans.

I never said Manu didn't flop, though I don't think that post was directed at me

monosylab1k
03-31-2007, 02:32 AM
I never said Manu didn't flop, though I don't think that post was directed at me

No, it wasn't. I should have quoted the moron that said it, though. My mistake.

Obstructed_View
03-31-2007, 05:52 AM
Since Harris is such a great flopper, it should keep some of you jackasses quiet about Manu owning you on defense. Manu has flopped before, but I've never seen him do it three to four times in a single game. Even if he does, at least you Mav fans will have to find something else to blame when your team gets bounced. Reading comprehension is your buddy.

ponky
03-31-2007, 07:20 AM
Since Harris is such a great flopper, it should keep some of you jackasses quiet about Manu owning you on defense.

:lmao :lmao :lmao wow, guess i missed that memo

Manu has flopped before, but I've never seen him do it three to four times in a single game. Even if he does, at least you Mav fans will have to find something else to blame when your team gets bounced. Reading comprehension is your buddy.

...and rhetorical writing isn't your forte.

As for that last part, about making up a laundry list of excuses, kinda like how you Spurs fans came up with everything in the book to fathom how the Spurs could've lost to the Mavs last season? Oh let me count the ways....Bavetta's whistle, Parker's injury, Duncan's injury, Refs in general suck...but only in the games in which the Spurs lost, the "everyone hates a small market" conspiracy theory, Pop's small ball did us in, Mavs played dirty, blah blah blah...

SPURS vs NBA media
03-31-2007, 07:44 AM
:clap :clap :clap I LOVE THESE GUYS! YOU FUCKERS MAKE ME SO GODDAMN PROUD!!! LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! LETS GO MAVS! AGAIN, I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! :clap :clap :toast

GAY GAY GAY :elephant

BUMP
03-31-2007, 09:00 AM
Manu has never flopped before

:spless:

BUMP
03-31-2007, 09:04 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao wow, guess i missed that memo

...and rhetorical writing isn't your forte.

As for that last part, about making up a laundry list of excuses, kinda like how you Spurs fans came up with everything in the book to fathom how the Spurs could've lost to the Mavs last season? Oh let me count the ways....Bavetta's whistle, Parker's injury, Duncan's injury, Refs in general suck...but only in the games in which the Spurs lost, the "everyone hates a small market" conspiracy theory, Pop's small ball did us in, Mavs played dirty, blah blah blah...

you're forgetting some more

" Cuban intimidated the refs, Manu's foul, Tim got no calls, they didnt take the Mavs seriously, Heat and Mavs make good ratings"

mabber
03-31-2007, 10:53 AM

I make fun of Ortegal all the time but listening to Brad Davis had me actually missing Bob.

mabber
03-31-2007, 10:56 AM
yeah the mavs have looked pretty sketchy lately but considering the #1 seed is locked up I'm sure Avery will have them more than ready for the playoffs

I'm still baffled as to how the Mavs scored 105 pts while shooting 38% and getting hammered on the boards. I guess 25 Knick turnovers helps.

Mavs certainly play much better on the road than they do at home. Yeah, they have a good home record but they don't focus as well at home.

EastsBeasts
03-31-2007, 10:57 AM
Since Harris is such a great flopper, it should keep some of you jackasses quiet about Manu owning you on defense. Manu has flopped before, but I've never seen him do it three to four times in a single game. Even if he does, at least you Mav fans will have to find something else to blame when your team gets bounced. Reading comprehension is your buddy.

Manu flopped on every possession during the 05 finals, now you remember.

Trainwreck2100
03-31-2007, 10:59 AM
Well at least the Spurs put both those teams away early and easily.

....Wait. :lol

No way, that is what she was aluding to, I thought she was just making a statement of fact.