PDA

View Full Version : Remember when

IcemanCometh
03-30-2007, 09:30 PM
People thought we overpaid for Manu? Boy they were dumb.

RC's Boss
03-30-2007, 09:43 PM
He and Tony both came cheap.

picnroll
03-30-2007, 09:48 PM
Who thought we overpaid for Manu. I remember most thinking we got him for a steal?

IcemanCometh
03-30-2007, 10:11 PM
Alot of people here balked at the deal, thinking he would decline right away or that he couldn't play enough minutes to be effective

ducks
03-30-2007, 10:11 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63157

ducks
03-30-2007, 10:12 PM
ice he is playing the less minutes this year but playing them mor eeffectively

thekingrobert
03-31-2007, 12:31 AM
imagine if he would have went to denver

Solid D
03-31-2007, 12:42 AM

Yeah, I also remember when you said "Jacque Vaughn couldn't shoot a baby" but he seems to have gotten some help from Chip this year on that wing jumper.

T Park
03-31-2007, 12:47 AM
damn Solid D with the dagger....

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-31-2007, 01:07 AM
imagine if he would have went to denver
And the coach over there actually loves Manu.

Unlike Pop!

ducks
03-31-2007, 09:47 AM
yeah pop is holding manu back :rolleyes

Kori Ellis
03-31-2007, 09:49 AM
And the coach over there actually loves Manu.

Unlike Pop!

:lol

I hope that's a joke. Pop LOVES Manu. Why would you think he doesn't?

phyzik
03-31-2007, 09:53 AM
Pop doesnt hate Manu.... he hates all Argintines... Its nothing specific against Manu.

Buddy Holly
03-31-2007, 10:19 AM
Remember when people were pissed the Spurs kept Manu and not Gordan.

:lol :lol

ducks
03-31-2007, 11:34 AM
rember when people said whitney>tp

doldrums
03-31-2007, 11:54 AM
Face it, Parker and Manu are both steals.I read some of the older threads where people said they wanted Jackson over Manu and put down TP.

These classic threads are great. I mean where can you find Sequ Spur as being correct and Tim vp being out to lunch"Manu will be no more than a better version of doug Christie" LOL. and who is this 2Cleva who predicted that Manu will never be an allstar. Kori ellis was diplomatic as usual. It was Sequ who saw the potential. The posts don't lie.
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2737

ducks
03-31-2007, 12:28 PM
08-03-2003, 05:50 PM #12
ducks

vBookie Cash: $

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

depends on what your term of overrated. are you saying fans are overrating him as a player now or his potential.

if it is his potential I would say not. he is a very sold iq knowledge if the game. He was learning the spurs system last year. he was injured and did not even get a full training camp in. without training camp it hurt him last year. also the playoffs are alot differnet pressure then the regular season. he never had been there before. jackson had been to the playoffs before. manu is not all that yet but I think he would have and still going to be the better player between sj and manu. you can not teach smarts. manu will bulk up and be able to finish better and get more respect from refs.

see manu homers I stick up for manu!

TDMVPDPOY
03-31-2007, 12:44 PM

nothing you can do about it when the owner is holding the bone toying with dog....

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-31-2007, 09:08 PM

yeah, no worries, it was a joke. :lol

I know he looks what's best for Manu and looks out for the guy.

I think even Coach Karl, joked about Pop being "cruel" to Manu in an article. Or not "liking him" .

Kori Ellis
03-31-2007, 10:44 PM
Face it, Parker and Manu are both steals.I read some of the older threads where people said they wanted Jackson over Manu and put down TP.

These classic threads are great. I mean where can you find Sequ Spur as being correct and Tim vp being out to lunch"Manu will be no more than a better version of doug Christie" LOL. and who is this 2Cleva who predicted that Manu will never be an allstar. Kori ellis was diplomatic as usual. It was Sequ who saw the potential. The posts don't lie.

Funny thread even though timvp sort of trashed him, he said he'd average:

14 PPG, 4 RPG, 4 APG, 2.3 SPG, 44% FG, 37% 3P

Here's Manu's career stats. Manu fell short in the steals department :lol

13.6 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 3.4 apg. 1.57 spg, 45% fg, 38% 3P

Damn close.

timvp
03-31-2007, 11:10 PM

Nice attempt at the quote. :rolleyes

He'll be a better version of Doug Christie. And that's not a bad thing.

And four years later, it's still not. If I had to describe Manu today, saying he's a better version of Doug Christie is pretty accurate.

For those of us who watched basketball before Manu came into the NBA, we remember Christie in his prime averaging 16+ points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists, 2+ steals and shooting 45-48% from the field and 35-38% from beyond the arc.

Manu this year is averaging 16.8 points, 4.4 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 1.5 steals and is shooting 46.3% from the field and 41% from three.

Christie was a better defender and a more consistent passer, but Manu is a better scorer, far more clutch and can create his own shots. When in their prime, they both could win games without taking a shot, and that's rare to find in a shooting guard.

No doubt Ginobili has improved greatly from his rookie season, even surpassing expectations of his most hardcore fans. Although, I still say that his role in the '03 championship run was and still is greatly overrated. He had one good series and three series where he played sub par.

That summer I wanted the Spurs to either re-sign Manu, sign Carlos Boozer or if both of those fail, go with Andres Nocioni.

Although Duncan and Boozer would form an amazing front line, I'm glad they re-signed Manu.

T Park
03-31-2007, 11:13 PM
At his best, Manu can only hope to be every bit as good as Latrell Sprewell, and he's not even in the same league yet as Spree. I think Spur fans are fooling themselves if they didn't expect more from Ginobili last season, and weren't at least a little disapointed. The ankle injury is a convienient excuse for Manu for the first half of the season, but as TimVP pointed out earlier in this thread, it's not like Ginobili was tearing up the Nets during the playoffs either.

Looking back, I can't help but think that maybe the Spurs made a mistake by not accepting a Ginobili + capspace for Spree trade if it was really ever on the table. At least that way the Spurs would have had a legitimate scorer instead of gambling on whether Ginobili can become the playa that we all think he can, but which he has yet to prove.

boy old NBADan was spot on was he not? :lmao

MaNuMaNiAc
04-01-2007, 07:13 PM
see manu homers I stick up for manu!
you're not fooling anyone