View Full Version : Free Gregg Poppovich

whottt
04-01-2007, 08:40 PM
's head from his ass
from his job as coach of the Spurs
and us from our misery in the process

http://www.prosoundweb.com/fun/Photofun/76-head_up_ass.jpg

Please help...

Remember, a coach having his head up his ass doesn't just hurt the coach...it hurts every one that knows him and cares about his team.

Someday, with our support, this fucking douche will figure out that when you close out games with short, underweight players, that are old, can't rebound, defend, pass, or shoot FT's...you will lose to even the shittiest of teams.

Please donate...and let's buy this stupid fuck a plane ticket out of town.

What a fucking moron...

I should be an NBA coach...because I know I am smarter than this dumbass.

SequSpur
04-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Bob Hill will be Free!

Borosai
04-01-2007, 10:05 PM
I don't think Pop is going to like you very much when he reads this thread tonight.

mookie2001
04-01-2007, 10:08 PM
's head from his ass
from his job as coach of the Spurs
and us from our misery in the process

http://www.prosoundweb.com/fun/Photofun/76-head_up_ass.jpg

Please help...

Remember, a coach having his head up his ass doesn't just hurt the coach...it hurts every one that knows him and cares about his team.

Someday, with our support, this fucking douche will figure out that when you close out games with short, underweight players, that are old, can't rebound, defend, pass, or shoot FT's...you will lose to even the shittiest of teams.

Please donate...and let's buy this stupid fuck a plane ticket out of town.

What a fucking moron...

I should be an NBA coach...because I know I am smarter than this dumbass.I agree with whottt, small ball has only caused us heartache and despair

mookie2001
04-01-2007, 10:12 PM
when he pulled it in the playoffs against dallas, over and over again, when it wasnt working, when in the 1st qtr of game 1 you could tell how the series was going to be officiated, he can never be trusted again

RobinsontoDuncan
04-01-2007, 10:38 PM
Who else thinks Whottt would be the first guy to crucify Holt in a thread if Pop was ever fired?

ata
04-02-2007, 01:48 AM
Pop should be fired after PO last year.

T Park
04-02-2007, 01:54 AM
:lmao

and hire who to replace him.

Please give me names geniuses.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-02-2007, 01:56 AM
:lmao

and hire who to replace him.

Please give me names geniuses.

Rick Carlisle might be available this summer :madrun

T Park
04-02-2007, 01:57 AM
pffft :lol

The only coach Id want to replace pop, is currenlty up in Dallas.

Other than that, no thanks

whottt
04-02-2007, 02:15 AM

If AJ tells Cuban to go eff himself after Pop retires, it'll redeem his other transgressions against the Spurs Nation in my eyes.

And yeah...I'd take AJ over Pop too....if it wouldn't cost us Duncan.

I'm sold on AJ's mind and hunger for winning...just not on whether or not his style wears thin like Larry Brown...and to be frank...when a team chokes like the Mavs did last season...the coach has to shoulder some of that blame.

Phil Jackson and Pat Riley are better coaches than Pop btw.

To be fair...

Pop is probably the greatest GM of the past 40 years...and maybe the best ever...he's a much better GM than coach. He's an organizational genius IMO...

The Spurs are the only small market dynasty of the multimillion dollar sports era....and really the only small market dynasty ever. There were only like 4 teams when the Packers forged their Dynasty.

I'll give that to Pop...but he's not that great of an all around coach....he does some stupid stuff that costs the Spurs games...this isn't second guessing either....I mean you can see and predict some of that stuff coming a mile off, with regularity.

SRJ
04-02-2007, 06:31 AM
I like Pop as a coach, but even I think the writing may be on the wall for him. As I mentioned in another thread, he puts too much trust in veterans. I want experience and leadership too, but the roster also needs some young legs that can handle more minutes.

Spurszone2005
04-02-2007, 10:38 AM
I cannot believe all the Pop negativity. Yeah...makes a whole helluva alot of sense to fire the man who took over coaching the Spurs 11 years ago and turned this team from nothing into a 3-time NBA Champion in 7 years! Ever think it's the players?! You wanna tell my how an NBA player, a professional, who gets paid MILLIONS to play a game cannot make a frickin' free-throw?!?!?! Those are the easiest shots there is and NO PLAYER should be making less than 80% of them ALL the time!

ata
04-02-2007, 10:40 AM
So what?
Thank him, get him gold watch and let him go, he is got nothing left to show as coach

Spurszone2005
04-02-2007, 10:58 AM
So what?
Thank him, get him gold watch and let him go, he is got nothing left to show as coach

Oh...ok...guess Pat Riley and Phil Jackson had nothing left as well. I'm a huge Spurs fan, but I have to admit, most fans here are NEVER happy and will always find something to bitch about. 3rd best record in the league....#3 seed in the Western Conference...I'd say that's not to shabby.

Guess having an slightly off season...and I say slightly off and NOT bad is something not forgivable? I'd hate it if you had a bad week at your job...under your theory, I should give you a pen and a ham sandwich and fire your ass as well.

T Park
04-02-2007, 11:13 AM

Jackson?

Yeah I agree.

Pat Riley?

Ehhhhh....

Amuseddaysleeper
04-02-2007, 11:15 AM
Pat Riley vs Pop is an interesting argument

though if Pop coached the Heat, he'd probably still be going for small ball with wade at PF :lol

ambchang
04-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Oh...ok...guess Pat Riley and Phil Jackson had nothing left as well. I'm a huge Spurs fan, but I have to admit, most fans here are NEVER happy and will always find something to bitch about. 3rd best record in the league....#3 seed in the Western Conference...I'd say that's not to shabby.

Guess having an slightly off season...and I say slightly off and NOT bad is something not forgivable? I'd hate it if you had a bad week at your job...under your theory, I should give you a pen and a ham sandwich and fire your ass as well.
:clap :clap

DarrinS
04-02-2007, 11:21 AM
In 10 seasons, Pop has a winning percentage of 61.8%.

That's pretty damn good.

If you look at NBA.com's Top 10 Coaches in History (http://www.nba.com/history/top_10_coaches.html)

only Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, and Red Auerbach have higher career winning percentages higher than that.

Pop is in the top 10 for all time playoff wins and he also has 3 champtionship rings.

But, you're right. He should be fired and a member of SpursTalk should be hired immediately to take over. :sleep

SpursFanFirst
04-02-2007, 11:26 AM
Rick Carlisle might be available this summer :madrun

No thanks.

SpursFanFirst
04-02-2007, 11:28 AM

IMHO, AJ is gonna have to do a little more than appear in one finals (and losing) to prove he's a better coach than Pop in the long run.

LAKERS4LIFE
04-02-2007, 11:47 AM
If AJ tells Cuban to go eff himself after Pop retires, it'll redeem his other transgressions against the Spurs Nation in my eyes.

And yeah...I'd take AJ over Pop too....if it wouldn't cost us Duncan.

I'm sold on AJ's mind and hunger for winning...just not on whether or not his style wears thin like Larry Brown...and to be frank...when a team chokes like the Mavs did last season...the coach has to shoulder some of that blame.

To be fair...

Pop is probably the greatest GM of the past 40 years...and maybe the best ever...he's a much better GM than coach. He's an organizational genius IMO...

The Spurs are the only small market dynasty of the multimillion dollar sports era....and really the only small market dynasty ever. There were only like 4 teams when the Packers forged their Dynasty.

I'll give that to Pop...but he's not that great of an all around coach....he does some stupid stuff that costs the Spurs games...this isn't second guessing either....I mean you can see and predict some of that stuff coming a mile off, with regularity.

First of all the

Spurs are not a Dynasty

Second

Jerry West is a better GM than POPABITCH.

DarrinS
04-02-2007, 11:56 AM
First of all the

Spurs are not a Dynasty

Second

How old are you? 12?

LAKERS4LIFE
04-02-2007, 12:28 PM
How old are you? 12?

HOMER!!!!!!!!!!

whottt
04-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Jackson?

Yeah I agree.

Pat Riley?

Ehhhhh....

Pat Riley has taken 3 different teams to the Finals, all playing completely different styles of basketball...

Pat Riley might be a better coach than Phil Jackson.

Voice of Truth
04-02-2007, 12:37 PM
First of all the

Spurs are not a Dynasty

Second

I concur

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-02-2007, 12:39 PM
makes a whole helluva alot of sense to fire the man who took over coaching the Spurs 11 years ago and turned this team from nothing into a 3-time NBA Champion in 7 years

It's not about firing him. It's about him waking the fuck up and realizing that small ball isn't going to win a title. Nor is relying on your 86 year old veterans for heavy minutes.

Second

Jerry West hasn't done a good deal in 10 years.