PDA

View Full Version : spurs need to tank the rest of the games...

gtownspur
04-01-2007, 09:18 PM
To get the number 4 spot so we can face dallas early.

who gives a fuck about seeding?

pking
04-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Why do you want to face Dallas early?

Amuseddaysleeper
04-01-2007, 09:28 PM
Why do you want to face Dallas early?

probably wants to get the playoff exit over with
:spin :lol

pking
04-01-2007, 09:33 PM
haha...yea, right. I somehow doubt that that's what he was getting at...I'm just curious about his specific reasoning for wanting to play Dallas early.

gtownspur
04-01-2007, 09:49 PM
1. we play dallas while we are fueled. THerefore our stamina is stronger in the 2nd round rather in the WCF.

2. if we play them in the 3rd, we face a well rested mavs team, while we come off a 7 game series with pheonix. and if we can't beat them early, we can't beat them later either..

3. we get a higher spot in the draft having either the 4th or 5 th best record in the league.

Melmart1
04-01-2007, 09:51 PM
How do you figure the Mavs will be well-rested? You do realize in your scenario that they would likely be playing Houston? I think people forget that the Rockets (when healthy) are a formidable opponent. There are no easy wins for anyone in the West playoffs this year.

Kori Ellis
04-01-2007, 09:51 PM
1. we play dallas while we are fueled. THerefore our stamina is stronger in the 2nd round rather in the WCF.

2. if we play them in the 3rd, we face a well rested mavs team, while we come off a 7 game series with pheonix. and if we can't beat them early, we can't beat them later either..

3. we get a higher spot in the draft having either the 4th or 5 th best record in the league.

If they meet in the WCF's it doesn't mean that the Spurs will be worn out and the Mavs will be rested. The Mavs aren't cakewalking there.

pking
04-01-2007, 09:53 PM
If they meet in the WCF's it doesn't mean that the Spurs will be worn out and the Mavs will be rested. The Mavs aren't cakewalking there.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Amarelooms
04-01-2007, 09:57 PM
The winner of the West will be worn the f down I am afraid...look for the East to have a great shot at winning again this year

gtownspur
04-01-2007, 09:58 PM

okay, :lol

gtownspur
04-01-2007, 10:00 PM
How do you figure the Mavs will be well-rested? You do realize in your scenario that they would likely be playing Houston? I think people forget that the Rockets (when healthy) are a formidable opponent. There are no easy wins for anyone in the West playoffs this year.

yes, maybe they'll take it to 6.

and then face UTah. at most a 6. But a likely 5 since dallas will be seeking to intimidate the suns and spurs with cleaning out Utah.

baseline bum
04-02-2007, 01:24 AM
So tanking games is the best way to prepare for an opponent that is currently head and shoulders above the Spurs?