PDA

View Full Version : We should have signed Willis...

Big Shot Rob
04-02-2007, 04:33 AM
After reading how Kevin will sign up with the Mavs today, it made me remember how he helped us when he was here a few years ago.

Heck--I think he is better than Olberto! Even at 44--its too bad we did not make room for him. Seeing him in a Dallas uniform is going to hurt.

Bruno
04-02-2007, 04:58 AM
Spurs needs mobile bigs to play against Odom, Suns and Dirk. I'm sure that Kevin "I'm 8 years older than Horry" Willis is the answer. :rolleyes

Obstructed_View
04-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Spurs needs forwards under 6' 7" to play against Odom, Suns and Dirk.

Fixed

Bruno
04-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Fixed

:donkey

Big P
04-02-2007, 03:39 PM
After reading how Kevin will sign up with the Mavs today, it made me remember how he helped us when he was here a few years ago.

Heck--I think he is better than Olberto! Even at 44--its too bad we did not make room for him. Seeing him in a Dallas uniform is going to hurt.

Who would we have cut? Everybody is on a guaranteed contract. Willis would have been nice insurance if we didn't have a full roster. He is going to be insurance for Diop & Dampier, I doubt he gets any signifigant pt.

Extra Stout
04-02-2007, 03:49 PM

If you ask around the league, people think that the problem with the Spurs is that they are too young and inexperienced. So, yeah, Willis would really fill a void.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-02-2007, 04:03 PM
I like small ball too much to even consider this possibility.

Next.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-02-2007, 04:11 PM
No thanks, I'm so sick and tired of the Spurs running a retirement facility and using a game plan based on youth and athleticism.

Big P
04-02-2007, 04:34 PM
If you ask around the league, people think that the problem with the Spurs is that they are too young and inexperienced. So, yeah, Willis would really fill a void.

Too young? Are you serious? We have one of the oldest rosters in the league. And inexperienced? We have 7 players who have already won championships & a couple of others who have gone deep into the playoffs. Sorry man, I'm not sure who you are "talking" to around the league, but all this about us being too young & inexperienced is a load of crap

sprrs
04-02-2007, 07:26 PM
:rolleyes

Obstructed_View
04-02-2007, 08:20 PM
:lol

ShoogarBear
04-02-2007, 10:41 PM
With each passing day, the genius of T Park and his blue italics idea grows more apparent.

wildbill2u
04-02-2007, 10:50 PM

Please! Even Scotty Pippen would be a better addition--and he's not the answer. Let's not let our brains trickle down our legs.

ShoogarBear
04-02-2007, 10:56 PM
If the Spurs signed Willis, Pippen, and Reggie Miller, and got a hold of a time machine, they could do some serious 1992 damage.

midgetonadonkey
04-03-2007, 12:12 AM
Maybe Brent Barry can convince his dad to sign with the team. He could really help the free throw problem.

Russ
04-03-2007, 12:15 AM
No, the Spurs should not sign Willis. The Spurs need quick big men, not slow ones, to match up with Dallas. I mean, you don't see Dallas with slow big . . . aw, never mind. :)

T Park
04-03-2007, 12:50 AM
With each passing day, the genius of T Park and his blue italics idea grows more apparent.

you can be a hurtfull son of a bitch shoog :lol

Kori Ellis
04-03-2007, 01:04 AM
:lol @ this thread

kskonn
04-03-2007, 02:42 AM
If you ask around the league, people think that the problem with the Spurs is that they are too young and inexperienced. So, yeah, Willis would really fill a void :pctoss .

There. I added the T-Park method of noting Sarcasm in a post.

ponky
04-04-2007, 01:21 AM
he was VERY enthusiastic on the bench tonight, cheering, slapping guys on the back, talking to the bigs...if anything, maybe he'll be like D.A. and be a great lockerroom presence, especially for guys like Diop (who at times seems like space cadet to me)

mavsfan1000
04-04-2007, 01:25 AM
he was VERY enthusiastic on the bench tonight, cheering, slapping guys on the back, talking to the bigs...if anything, maybe he'll be like D.A. and be a great lockerroom presence, especially for guys like Diop (who at times seems like space cadet to me)
What more can you ask from a bench warmer. :lol

LongBall
04-04-2007, 01:26 AM

Did he tea-bag Dirk as well?

SRJ
04-04-2007, 02:17 AM
Even if the Spurs weren't going to play Willis, they should have signed him just to keep him out of the hands of any other contenders.

Hey, this does work pretty well.

ehz33satx
04-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Too young? Are you serious? We have one of the oldest rosters in the league. And inexperienced? We have 7 players who have already won championships & a couple of others who have gone deep into the playoffs. Sorry man, I'm not sure who you are "talking" to around the league, but all this about us being too young & inexperienced is a load of crap

He was being facetious buddy. He was being flippant.

Dave McNulla
04-04-2007, 08:50 AM
i think all you can ask for from willis at this point is 6 fouls. and he'll deliver.

doldrums
04-04-2007, 10:06 AM
why don't we just sign every 40 year old ex basketball player. It's stupid threads like this that make me question why I even bother.

ObiwanGinobili
04-04-2007, 10:07 AM

It's a sad day indeed when you realize that TPark is right....

ObiwanGinobili
04-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Even if the Spurs weren't going to play Willis, they should have signed him just to keep him out of the hands of any other contenders.

Hey, this does work pretty well.

blue AND in italics..

this makes me think you are only being 1/2 facitieous.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-04-2007, 10:43 AM
It's a sad day indeed when you realize that TPark is right....
:lol

i always thought that the "blue font" takes away from the effect.

It's like having to "explain" a joke. But I guess because idiocy sometimes runs rampant with the occasional poster, that tends to disrupt the ability to make the assumption of sarcasm; yeah, it's hard to discern.

But yeah, blue font should only be used to fuck even more with people's minds.

ShoogarBear
04-04-2007, 10:51 AM
i always thought that the "blue font" takes away from the effect.

It's like having to "explain" a joke. But I guess because idiocy sometimes runs rampant with the occasional poster, that tends to disrupt the ability to make the assumption of sarcasm; yeah, it's hard to discern.That's the point. You should feel insulted if someone has to use the blue font on you.

SRJ
04-04-2007, 11:41 AM
Oh, it's italics too? My bad.

ShoogarBear
04-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Oh, it's italics too? My bad.That's okay, we understand.

ObiwanGinobili
04-04-2007, 12:56 PM
:lmao

nkdlunch
04-04-2007, 04:07 PM
he did a great job warming the bench.

dbreiden83080
04-04-2007, 08:01 PM
Why he is not going to play for the Mavs this is just in case of emergency so the Mavs will have a body to throw out there.

DubMcDub
04-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Why he is not going to play for the Mavs this is just in case of emergency so the Mavs will have a body to throw out there.

Is this English?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-05-2007, 05:47 AM
That's the point. You should feel insulted if someone has to use the blue font on you.
Oh gotcha.

I'm a little late, I had assumed TPark suggested that blue font idea considerably.