PDA

View Full Version : spurs wont win title without elson

coachmac87
04-02-2007, 02:49 PM
pop better get his shit together and give elson all the pt he needs...he is the key for another championship season..this whole small ball thing is a joke...the spurs made people believers when people were sayin u cant win a title with 2 7fters..but they did...their whole defensive philosiphy is to send the slashers into the trees..elson is soo atlhletic just lacks so much when it comes to the biggest of the bigs..but we need him on the boards more than anything...other than timmy nobody gets rebounds..and if washed up horry takes meaningful minutes and the spurs really dont need a big shot i dont want to see horry playin instead of elson..i mean seriously what do they do next year for the other big if they never play jackie and bench elson...waste of an offseason..and maybe a season all together...

pop even said the spurs execution was pathetic last night...thats because u were playin small ball dumb ass :drunk gettin throwed rememberin the good ol twin tower days

AnkleBreaker21
04-02-2007, 02:58 PM
well i would like to see a lineup of parker,ginobili,white,elson,duncan, how do u think this lineup would do?

sa_butta
04-02-2007, 03:00 PM
White is still to young and raw to be in the lineup this late in the season.

coachmac87
04-02-2007, 03:00 PM
i like white for the future...but he wont be a factor this year...but bruce may have one more year and thats about it..just do not want to see a small ball line up in the playoffs..i dont care if were playin the smurfs

sabar
04-02-2007, 03:01 PM
We got owned with a tall lineup too, there is no magic answer. Hopefully Elson develops his defensive game in the offseason and stops making stupid fouls. Pop knows Elson is still a bit raw in the Spurs system to rely on him.

AnkleBreaker21
04-02-2007, 03:02 PM
remember when we had david,tim and will perdue in the same lineup triple towers:lol

coachmac87
04-02-2007, 03:05 PM
We got owned with a tall lineup too, there is no magic answer. Hopefully Elson develops his defensive game in the offseason and stops making stupid fouls. Pop knows Elson is still a bit raw in the Spurs system to rely on him.

got owned by who?? the reason he commits stupid fouls is because he never gets the time to show his stuff besides this stretch the spurs are at....but u cannot get used playin with ur teammates on the bench..u learn from ur mistakes...pop has to play through him...have no other choice...

coachmac87
04-02-2007, 03:08 PM
i still think pop gave horry too much pt in the regular season...we did not even get to see jackie butler..besides like 2 games..we kno what horry can do in our system...but i wanted to see butler and bonner more pt in the season..ya bonner played but lets see where he is durin the playoffs

sabar
04-02-2007, 03:12 PM
got owned by who??How about the pacers for starters. They opened the game 3-13 with us playing "tall ball".

Notes: We opened to a 9 pt lead when we subbed Elson for Finley
Notes: The Pacers went on 13-3 run when Elson came back.

Fact: People wont be happy until we drop 2 games to the Mavs playing tallball and losing by a combined 30 points, where smallball will take the series to 7 games and people will go back to whining.

DarrinS
04-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Elson played 18:52 against the Pacers for 2 pts and 3 rebounds.

Bonner played for 16 minutes and had 9 pts and 3 rebounds.

I think Pop put Bonner in there because of his agressiveness -- something Elson seems to lack at times.

Against Utah, Elson played 20:30 and had 4 pts and 6 rebounds, but the team also shot 78% FT's (compared to 66% vs. the Pacers).

It's not small ball that's hurting the Spurs -- it's lack of execution.

coachmac87
04-02-2007, 03:16 PM
ur talkin about a regular season game..im talkin playoffs...kings/mavs...where we gave bonzi all the money he owns now..and even the mavs play with 2 7ftrs dirk/diop/damp...and the best game the spurs played in last years playoffs the last game nazr started the first game of the playoffs..beat the kings by like 40

ducks
04-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Elson played 18:52 against the Pacers for 2 pts and 3 rebounds.

Bonner played for 16 minutes and had 9 pts and 3 rebounds.

I think Pop put Bonner in there because of his agressiveness -- something Elson seems to lack at times.

Against Utah, Elson played 20:30 and had 4 pts and 6 rebounds, but the team also shot 78% FT's (compared to 66% vs. the Pacers).

It's not small ball that's hurting the Spurs -- it's lack of execution.

correct sir
and duncan was not worried about the refs
and duncan also did not have 7 turnovers
and tp,manu and duncan combined for over 60 points

The_Worlds_finest
04-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Dont worry young padawan...pop is still tinkering with and getting the guys ready for the line ups and situations they will run into during the race for the ring...You think a three time NBA champ coach doesnt know what he is doing :spin

gilmor
04-02-2007, 07:36 PM
Dont worry young padawan...pop is still tinkering with and getting the guys ready for the line ups and situations they will run into during the race for the ring...You think a three time NBA champ coach doesnt know what he is doing :spin

U don't get it do you? Pop is a mutha fukker who won't play anyone he won't trust during the crutch.. not elson, not white, not bonner..

smrattler
04-02-2007, 11:09 PM
We've won a title without Elson 3 times, we can do it again! :-)

SequSpur
04-02-2007, 11:10 PM
are you drunk or do you just lack the proper ebonics? WTF?

SuperManu!!!
04-02-2007, 11:34 PM
We should have gotten C. Webber, but the pistons were smarter

midgetonadonkey
04-03-2007, 12:05 AM
We should have gotten C. Webber, but the pistons were smarter

Oberto can jump higher than Webber. He would do nothing for this team.

Manudona
04-03-2007, 01:39 AM
Don't get me wrong, I do not dislike Elson, but I really dislike people around here drooling at Elson's play, that has been, overall, mediocre at best.

itzsoweezee
04-03-2007, 11:59 AM
Don't get me wrong, I do not dislike Elson, but I really dislike people around here drooling at Elson's play, that has been, overall, mediocre at best.

mediocre elson >>>>> small ball

bdictjames
04-03-2007, 12:02 PM
When the idea of Webber was presented here in Spurstalk, almost every fan would say that we've got enough old players here. And if we have gotten Webber, we couldnt have afforded it.

DarrinS
04-03-2007, 12:37 PM
mediocre elson >>>>> small ball

playing well as a team >>>>>>> medocre elson

Regardless of what people think about "small ball", that's not what lost the game against Indiana.

Fabbs
04-03-2007, 12:51 PM
How about the pacers for starters. They opened the game 3-13 with us playing "tall ball".
In which case a timeout was called. Elson prompty hit a 16 footer and Spurs went on a run to go up 17-13, all with Elson in.

Notes: We opened to a 9 pt lead when we subbed Elson for Finley
We already had a 3 pt lead of that 9 pt lead at 35-32 when Elson and Finley were both in. Bowen came in for Elson, not Finley for Elson.
The 9 pt lead became a tie at halftime.
So Finley was +4 for the entire time period you used for a +9 swing.