PDA

View Full Version : He's Baaaaack....

monosylab1k
04-02-2007, 04:46 PM
The Pistons are screwed come playoff time...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2822793

Wade returns to Heat practice

MIAMI -- Seeing Dwyane Wade drive toward him during a scrimmage Monday, Dorell Wright backed away, taking every precaution not to hit his superstar teammate's still-healing left shoulder.

Wade was not happy about that.

"Dorell is a great shot blocker. I saw him look at me and just jump out of the way," Wade said. "I told him, 'Ain't nothing wrong with my body.'"

Wade began trying to prove that Monday, when he returned to practice with the Miami Heat nearly six weeks after suffering the dislocation that threatened to end his season. He worked out on-court for 90 minutes, absorbing some contact for the first time, and followed that with weights and physical therapy.

Most importantly, he was pain-free, another sign he'll be able to start playing games before the playoffs.

"The fact that he's back practicing is huge," Heat coach Pat Riley said. "You go back to Feb. 23, it didn't look like there was going to be any of that stuff. So this is great."

Wade thought so, too.

The reigning NBA finals MVP was smiling and relaxed after his on-court work, even acknowledging that he may play in more regular-season contests than the "a game or two" plan he offered Sunday when announcing he'd return to practice.

For now, there is no timetable. Wade eventually will set one in consultation with the Heat medical staff and his physical therapist.

"Trust me," Wade said. "When I take the court, I'll be all right."

Miami (39-34) has nine games remaining in the regular season, one that'll be undoubtedly remembered for a plethora of injury woes. Heat players have missed 171 games this year with injuries, 66 of those by their best two weapons, Wade and Shaquille O'Neal, who've been together for only 13 starts all year.

Soon, that total will almost surely begin rising again, now that Wade's return is getting closer.

"Just happy to see him out there running and smiling," Heat guard Eddie Jones said. "I think it's a great thing to have guys together again."

Wade was averaging 28.8 points when he was hurt in a collision with Houston's Shane Battier on Feb. 21. The Heat are 13-7 since, are a half-game behind Washington in the Southeast Division and play a huge game against Toronto -- a team Miami is chasing for home-court advantage in the first playoff round -- on Tuesday.

Should Miami beat the Raptors, it'd hold the tiebreaker by winning the season series 2-1. Should Miami lose, the Heat would essentially fall four games (three in the standings, one more with the tiebreaker) behind Toronto with eight games left, meaning chances of earning home-court for Round 1 would be slim.

"It's a big game, there's no doubt," Riley said. "Our guys understand it. We know what it's about. ... It's all about positioning and seeding and home-court advantage. They know it's huge."

Wade won't play on Tuesday, but the defending NBA champions may get Jason Kapono back in the lineup.

Kapono, the NBA's leading 3-point shooter, hasn't played since spraining his left ankle against Atlanta on March 5. The team will decide his status after Tuesday morning's shootaround.

"I assume that I'm playing. I want to be out there," Kapono said. "Unless something happens from now until Tuesday night, which I don't see, I expect to be out there."

Wade is hoping to say the same soon. He'll travel with the Heat to Cleveland and Boston later this week so he can continue practicing and "learning the plays again," as he put it, and will continue rehabbing the shoulder daily to keep building strength.

"I haven't had a day off," Wade said.

Wade's biggest challenge right now, he said, is denying his risky instinct of reaching for every ball that he comes near defensively and instead using his feet to get into better position. But his explosiveness was still there on the offensive end, proven by the way he ended a 4-on-4 scrimmage with a strong dunk.

"He looked real good to me," Wright said. "He's got all the moves. Nothing's changed. He's probably just a little winded, I bet, sitting out that long. But he's been working hard every day, trying to get back."

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

mabber
04-02-2007, 04:56 PM
I'm glad he's back!

Chris Childs
04-02-2007, 05:03 PM
I'm glad he's back!

What is this world coming to?

A mavs fan saying he's glad that WADE is back. :rolleyes

mabber
04-02-2007, 05:05 PM
What is this world coming to?

A mavs fan saying he's glad that WADE is back. :rolleyes

I want the Heat to make the finals. I want payback if the Mavs make it to the finals.

bdictjames
04-02-2007, 05:38 PM
A first round series between Toronto/Miami could be interesting.

ponky
04-02-2007, 06:05 PM
pistons lose games when wade's not in the lineup, they'll be fine...haha, j/k, pistons should be fine regardless of wade, the various members of their team seemed to have finally gotten over the flu

Vinnie_Johnson
04-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Screw Wade we will beat them with or without him. I am not so sure the heat will still be around for the pistons to play.

dallaskd
04-02-2007, 06:22 PM
:lol

Chris Childs
04-02-2007, 06:24 PM
:lol
:toast :rolleyes

Medvedenko
04-02-2007, 06:25 PM
Well, I hope he's ok and not risking his career for this year. I'm scared of Lamar as well in the same regard. I still don't see them making too much noise come playoff time.

dallaskd
04-02-2007, 06:38 PM
I thought this thread was about Kevin Willis.

JamStone
04-02-2007, 06:58 PM
I hope Wade is ok and will remain healthy. It will make the Heat much tougher, but at least there's no excuse either way. I think many of the Heat's role players played better without him, to be honest. It's somewhat a similar dilemma with LeBron and Kobe. Sometimes, the players are more comfortable without the superstar scorers because they know they'll actually touch the ball every once in a while on offense. Either way, with a relatively healthy Shaq, the Heat were going to be a factor. Good luck to Wade in staying healthy. And, I'm looking forward at the opportunity for the Pistons to face the Heat in the playoffs. It would be exciting.

lefty
04-02-2007, 07:06 PM
I want the Heat to make the finals. I want payback if the Mavs make it to the finals.

Oh really? :lol :lol :lol

monosylab1k
04-02-2007, 07:40 PM

I'd only post a thread about a player that matters.

monosylab1k
04-02-2007, 07:41 PM
And yeah, the Pistons are still obviously the class of the East right now. But this definitely makes their road to the Finals much tougher.

For some reason I'm still stupid enough to think that Chicago is gonna catch fire and make it in the East. Oh well.

Lp26
04-02-2007, 08:45 PM
I think it's gonna be tough regardless. CHI isn't an easy out for the Pistons. Neither are the Lebrons. MIA will have a tough time if they don't get 3rd seed though.

CHI/CLE in the 1st, and DET in the 2nd

It's looking likely that they get it though w/ Caron Butler breaking his hand WAS's done, and TOR having some injuries as well.

I actually think CHI can take care of the Heat if they meet. Hinrich gives Wade nightmares. I wonder if anyone will actually hit Wade hard. I don't think any team in the East (except the Knicks who aren't in the PO) will. The Pistons like to touch foul :rolleyes.

The only team i see giving Wade a beating is the Mavs if they meet at all.

mabber
04-02-2007, 08:52 PM
I think it's gonna be tough regardless. CHI isn't an easy out for the Pistons. Neither are the Lebrons. MIA will have a tough time if they don't get 3rd seed though.

CHI/CLE in the 1st, and DET in the 2nd

It's looking likely that they get it though w/ Caron Butler breaking his hand WAS's done, and TOR having some injuries as well.

I actually think CHI can take care of the Heat if they meet. Hinrich gives Wade nightmares. I wonder if anyone will actually hit Wade hard. I don't think any team in the East (except the Knicks who aren't in the PO) will. The Pistons like to touch foul :rolleyes.

The only team i see giving Wade a beating is the Mavs if they meet at all.

Every team will and should test Wade's shoulder. He'll get some really hard fouls I'm sure...hopefully nobody will try anything flagrant.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-02-2007, 09:18 PM
Wade is going to get so many picks to test his shoulder it's not even funny.

Shank
04-02-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm adopting the Heat as my favorite team in the East. I figure if the Mavs make it back to the Finals, what better team to meet up with?

Trainwreck2100
04-02-2007, 11:16 PM
Wade is going to get so many picks to test his shoulder it's not even funny.

picks? Just knock his ass to the floor, he's the fool that didn't want surgery.

ponky
04-03-2007, 12:14 AM

automatic suspension

mavsfan1000
04-03-2007, 12:20 AM
Heat with Wade>>>Pistons.

Dirk Nowitzki
04-03-2007, 12:22 AM
:blah :blah Piston fans talking about ways to hurt Wade's shoulder. :rolleyes :rolleyes Like Tayshauna or Ricarda has the balls to try to injure Wade! :drunk :drunk

monosylab1k
04-03-2007, 12:33 AM
automatic suspension

exactly, if anybody tries to put a hard foul on wade they might get brought up on assault charges...

Trainwreck2100
04-03-2007, 12:38 AM
automatic suspension

automatic win

ponky
04-03-2007, 12:41 AM
automatic win

that too

freedom&justice
04-03-2007, 12:55 AM
:blah :blah Piston fans talking about ways to hurt Wade's shoulder. :rolleyes :rolleyes Like Tayshauna or Ricarda has the balls to try to injure Wade! :drunk :drunk

Pistons players aren't the type to do that. And I'm pretty sure both Rip and Tayshaun have more balls than Dirka. :p:
Terry might try to go for Wade's nuts though. :nutkick: :lol

bulletedge
04-03-2007, 06:52 AM
If you think Wade got calls before- wait until you see what happens when he comes back. All he'll have to do is take it to the hoop and it will be an automatic whistle.

lurker
04-03-2007, 07:24 AM
All he'll have to do is take it to the hoop and it will be an automatic whistle.
And that's different from before? :lol

Vinnie_Johnson
04-03-2007, 07:47 AM

No go read the post it's a fact that people will test his shoulder. He will see a lot of picks. Funny you call the piston players girl names when you have dirk on your team :lol

Findog
04-03-2007, 12:49 PM

Are you kidding? Glancing in Wade's direction is a foul. You have a point, though. If the refs are going to send him to the line 25 times a game, you might as well make the fouls count. None of this ticky tack finesse shit.

sickdsm
04-04-2007, 01:14 AM
I thought maybe it was about Flip Saunders for some reason.