PDA

View Full Version : The Mozfather

PakiDan
04-02-2007, 11:01 PM
The Master of Melancholy is coming to TEXAS!I just bought my tickets to see Morrissey in Austin and Houston.... trying to decide on Dallas and El Paso... Anyone else planning on going??

Melmart1
04-02-2007, 11:44 PM
I'm going if my friend who adores him gets a pass from her fiance to go out of town without him :rolleyes

Melmart1
04-02-2007, 11:45 PM
He better not cancel this time, and he better not sing two songs then run off the stage with no refund! Third time better be the charm, Stephen Patrick!

PakiDan
04-03-2007, 02:16 PM
No shit!!! He's not exactly the most reliable tourer.

Melmart1
04-06-2007, 01:28 AM
Hey, Paki.. hate to bump this thread that nobody else at ST has an interest in.. but I am curious.. Where did you get your tix? The Austin show is not on Ticketmaster, and the cheapest I can find it $75 for general admission... I have been burned by Moz 2x before... I am not sure I am ready to spend $75 to get burned again.. how much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking? You can PM me if you dont' want to divulge it here...

Thanks!

Melmart1
05-27-2007, 01:14 PM
So did anyone besides me go? Paki? Anyone? Sounds like I had a better time than if I had stayed home and watched the game. And the rain stayed away (mostly). Aw man, GREAT show, I was totally thrilled. I still can't talk very well but I am happy happy happy.

PakiDan
05-27-2007, 03:54 PM
So did anyone besides me go? Paki? Anyone? Sounds like I had a better time than if I had stayed home and watched the game. And the rain stayed away (mostly). Aw man, GREAT show, I was totally thrilled. I still can't talk very well but I am happy happy happy.

Sorry Melmart!!! Just saw the revival of this thread.. YES!!! I was there!! AWESOME show!!! Best I have ever seen!! Nice breeze - the band ROCKED!! How soon is now was tremendous, I hate to admit this, but I teared up during "I've changed my Plea"

Melmart1
05-27-2007, 04:28 PM
I teared up when he said "I'll give you two more songs" cus that would have made a total of five songs at the point... and i KNOW he wasn't going to screw me over again! Shiiiiit! I went to Chicago 9 years ago to see him and then the other cancelled concert in Austin, then the threat of rain all weekend almost cancelling this one. THat fucker was gonna play at least an hour or there was gonna be a one-woman riot! :lol

Melmart1
05-27-2007, 04:30 PM
Oh, and his jokes about George Bush... I cracked up! :lmao

Moz was quite chatty, he has really changed a bit, he used to be a bit standoffish in concert.

Oh, and that opening act... :vomit:

Some people suffer for their art, this chick makes others suffer for her art ...

Mr Dio
05-29-2007, 06:52 PM
Houston show was very good.
Just flew back in from H.
Off to see 28 wks later.....................