PDA

View Full Version : Spurs on ESPN right now

Dre_7
04-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Recap of 1999 title.

Avery :depressed

Borosai
04-03-2007, 01:01 PM
Damn...I wanted to watch that but I forgot.

ashbeeigh
04-03-2007, 01:12 PM
I was watching that too, but too lazy to get up and turn on the computer to tell everyone. It got me excited for the post season and made me wonder where all the passion has gone.

twincam
04-03-2007, 02:28 PM
damn it...I didn't know about it.

Dre_7
04-03-2007, 02:41 PM
Brings back some memories. I remember having to follow their reg season thru the newspaper and internet. Then gettin to watch the playoffs on TV was awesome. I will never forget the Memorial Day miracle. :D

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-03-2007, 03:47 PM
That team could have won 100 games if not for the strike-shortened season.

smrattler
04-03-2007, 04:57 PM
^^ You know what else I hate about that "strike shortened" thing?

This is just something that annoys me a little when I hear it. No big deal or anything, just makes me have to bite my lip. Yeah, I think we couldve set a franchise record for wins. We tore up everyone in the playoffs (15-2?). But TD has been an all-star every year he's been in the NBA... and they always say something like "has made 7 straight all star teams, 9 overall..." like he didnt (or wouldnt have) made it one year. And the Spurs have "won 50+ games for 7 yrs in a row"... would've been longer.

And other players on other teams and records of other teams, etc. That year probably broke someone else's (like Shaq?) of all-star appearances or whatever. So, when they look at all-star appearances in a row... someone like him won't be in the top where they should be. :-(

I know, petty. Move on.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-03-2007, 08:05 PM
^^ You know what else I hate about that "strike shortened" thing?

This is just something that annoys me a little when I hear it. No big deal or anything, just makes me have to bite my lip. Yeah, I think we couldve set a franchise record for wins. We tore up everyone in the playoffs (15-2?). But TD has been an all-star every year he's been in the NBA... and they always say something like "has made 7 straight all star teams, 9 overall..." like he didnt (or wouldnt have) made it one year. And the Spurs have "won 50+ games for 7 yrs in a row"... would've been longer.

And other players on other teams and records of other teams, etc. That year probably broke someone else's (like Shaq?) of all-star appearances or whatever. So, when they look at all-star appearances in a row... someone like him won't be in the top where they should be. :-(

I know, petty. Move on.

We did go 15-2 (3-1, 4-0, 4-0, 4-1), but even more amazingly started the regular season 6-8 and ended it 31-5... a bit like the Mavs this year.