PDA

View Full Version : Camping

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-03-2007, 06:43 PM
Anyone know any good places to go camping? (preferably somewhere that's not very strict about noise)

TheTruth
04-03-2007, 06:49 PM
Concan in Uvalde. They are usually pretty cool about noise. We go there and usually set up about 5 tents in one area, and have a good time all night. Really cool place.

sa_butta
04-03-2007, 06:50 PM
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/findadest/parks/garner/

ZipSpan
04-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Anyone know any good places to go camping? (preferably somewhere that's not very strict about noise)

Yosemite National Park is really nice.

NorCal510
04-03-2007, 07:16 PM
u can camp all you want on counter strike

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-03-2007, 08:05 PM
Anyone familiar with any of the camping sites on Canyon Lake?

1Parker1
04-03-2007, 09:14 PM
Lake George in NY...though I'm not sure that's really considered "camping" per se...it's more like High End camping. :lol

There are a few places I went to here in Philly over the years...but I'm guessing you don't want to drive all the way up here for.........camping. ha-ha.

Taco
04-04-2007, 08:15 AM
Let me know if you need a camper or trailer.

Why do you sell them?

Taco
01-14-2008, 09:35 AM
I went camping again this past weekend and man it was cold!!!!!

(Guadalupe State Park)

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6601/freakingcoldzv9.jpg

My brother's thermometer read 25 deg, my watch read 28 it was freeking cold

He said 20 min's earlier his thermometer read 23 deg

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/9342/tacowagonxv9.jpg

The Taco Wagon !!

BacktoBasics
01-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Who needs a trailer or pop-up? The economy is for shit right now I'll work anyone a killer deal.

ORION
01-14-2008, 11:26 AM
Jellystone park is one that comes to mind but if I remember correctly you need to keep an eye on your picnic basket because the bears are pretty friendly

mrsmaalox
01-14-2008, 11:30 AM
Jellystone park is one that comes to mind but if I remember correctly you need to keep an eye on your picnic basket because the bears are pretty friendly

And if I remember correctly, the raccoons need to keep an eye on Orion, lest they become fajitas!

johngateswhiteley
01-14-2008, 12:07 PM
backpacking rules! go to Lost Maples, Guadalupe, or Pedernales Falls. there are some decent places in Texas to go camping/backpacking...if you don't mind the drive Guadalupe and Big Bend are the best. Idaho, California, Oregon and Montana are the best if you want to travel.

blizz
01-14-2008, 01:00 PM
Who needs a trailer or pop-up? The economy is for shit right now I'll work anyone a killer deal.
whatcha got?

BacktoBasics
01-14-2008, 01:10 PM
whatcha got?I got a ton of stuff. I work at a dealership. We carry flagstaff pop-ups all under 10k and a number of different travel trailers if you want more. Let me know what you're looking for and I'll see if I can help.

Taco
01-14-2008, 01:11 PM
I got a ton of stuff. I work at a dealership. We carry flagstaff pop-ups all under 10k and a number of different travel trailers if you want more. Let me know what you're looking for and I'll see if I can help.

do you have a website to where you work?

ORION
01-14-2008, 01:13 PM
And if I remember correctly, the raccoons need to keep an eye on Orion, lest they become fajitas!
with onions and guacamole plus cilantro .......dang now I want some lunch. :hungry:

BacktoBasics
01-14-2008, 01:37 PM
do you have a website to where you work?
Sent you a PM.

ORION
01-14-2008, 01:38 PM
I got a ton of stuff. I work at a dealership. We carry flagstaff pop-ups all under 10k and a number of different travel trailers if you want more. Let me know what you're looking for and I'll see if I can help.
can you beat camping worlds deals ?

blizz
01-14-2008, 01:49 PM
Sent you a PM.
send me that PM too. i've been looking at used pop-ups because i don't have too much to spend but would LOVE to get into one by spring/early summer.

IceColdBrewski
01-14-2008, 01:57 PM
Anyone familiar with any of the camping sites on Canyon Lake?

Just went there tent camping about 2 months ago with the wife and kiddies. But I went to the Ft. Sam Houston campground. Very nice. lots of shade. Picnic tables, fire pit, and bbq grill at every campsite. Right on the lake next to the swimming area and fishing dock. But you have to be military or retired military to get in.

I went to check out potters creek campground just to see what it looked like, but I didn't like it. Not much shady campsites, and way overcrowded.

I heard there's a decent camping area near Blanco, but haven't scouted it out yet. If you really want to get into the deep woods, go to Bastrop. Here's a pretty good website with a decent forum.

http://www.wildtexas.com/parks/

BacktoBasics
01-14-2008, 02:19 PM
can you beat camping worlds deals ?On rinky dink accesories probably not but I don't see anyone in Texas beating me on actual trailer pricing. There are some areas in the TT&L that my competition loves to manipulate. My TT&L is typically 600.00 to 2k less. I've seen dealerships beat me on the advertised or said price by up to 1k and when we look at an actual buyers order with the TT&L my drive out price is 1k less than someones so called "better deal".

BacktoBasics
01-14-2008, 02:27 PM
send me that PM too. i've been looking at used pop-ups because i don't have too much to spend but would LOVE to get into one by spring/early summer.
PM sent.

marini martini
01-14-2008, 02:34 PM
We love our pop-up. You can camp anywhere with them. We've taken it to Georgia and back. Then up to Minnesota's boundry waters and back another time. Bought a RV a few years ago, sold it after 6 months, your limited to your campsites. I personally like being under trees, and in the woods, near water.

Camping near SA? Blanco St. Park
Bastrop
Utopia
Garner St. Park
Guadalupe St. Park
Perdenales Falls

Like ICB said, the parks at Canyon Lake are not too great, since the floods have cut out some major trees.

SpursWoman
01-14-2008, 02:37 PM
I love Ink's Lake ... up near Marble Falls. :tu

blizz
01-14-2008, 02:38 PM
We love our pop-up. You can camp anywhere with them. We've taken it to Georgia and back. Then up to Minnesota's boundry waters and back another time. Bought a RV a few years ago, sold it after 6 months, your limited to your campsites. I personally like being under trees, and in the woods, near water.

Camping near SA? Blanco St. Park
Bastrop
Utopia
Garner St. Park
Guadalupe St. Park
Perdenales Falls

Like ICB said, the parks at Canyon Lake are not too great, since the floods have cut out some major trees.

Tell me more about the pop-up. I'm interested in hearing pros n cons, ease of setup, how well does the AC/heater work....what do you tow it with...restroom and shower? I've wanted one for the longest time and I'm seriously looking into getting one. Right now, it's just my wife and I and in a month we'll have a little girl and 2 boxers so we don't need all that much space. Any advice and or models/makes to look for and/or avoid would be much appreciated.

marini martini
01-14-2008, 02:40 PM
I love Ink's Lake ... up near Marble Falls. :tuForgot about that one :tu

marini martini
01-14-2008, 02:50 PM
Tell me more about the pop-up. I'm interested in hearing pros n cons, ease of setup, how well does the AC/heater work....what do you tow it with...restroom and shower? I've wanted one for the longest time and I'm seriously looking into getting one. Right now, it's just my wife and I and in a month we'll have a little girl and 2 boxers so we don't need all that much space. Any advice and or models/makes to look for and/or avoid would be much appreciated.

Ours is a Starcraft. Has a toilet, shower & fridge. Sleeps five. Has table & cabinets for storage. A/C runs good. We bring our own heaters. Right now we're pulling it with a Toy. Tacoma. Fairly easy to set up, we have a hand crank. It takes us about 15 minutes. We had to replace the axle in S. Carolina a couple years ago, cuz we went all over the Blue Ridge Mtns. :lol
But, Starcraft had UPS shipped the next, to the mechanic.

We love it!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, Davis Mountains :tu

BacktoBasics
01-14-2008, 02:51 PM
Blizz.

Some pop-ups don't have AC and heat it depends on what you get into. We order all our pop-ups without AC because most are just too small for Texas heat. We put roof mount 13,500 BTU airs on all our pop-ups so cooling is a non issue(same size AC as most of our travel trailers). All our pop-ups have a seperate furnace and heated matresses.

If you're an able bodied person set up isn't too tough there is some work involved but two people and less than ten minutes is all you need.