PDA

View Full Version : suns vs. grizz LOL!!!

ponky
04-03-2007, 09:46 PM
four suns starters played an average of 38 min for the game tonight over the grizzlies (barbosa 39 min)....way to play hard!!!

efrem1
04-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Those teasers had me going for a while. Memphis did the el foldo as usual.

ponky
04-03-2007, 09:51 PM
Those teasers had me going for a while. Memphis did the el foldo as usual.

i put it on tivo just in case and watched it in a faster speed!

Nashfan
04-03-2007, 09:59 PM
four suns starters played an average of 38 min for the game tonight over the grizzlies (barbosa 39 min)....way to play hard!!!

Eh, they were bored with their opponent. Kind of the way your guys seem tonight.

ponky
04-03-2007, 10:09 PM
Eh, they were bored with their opponent. Kind of the way your guys seem tonight.

bullshit, they just couldn't get it done tonight so he had to keep the starters in the game. if they were bored, nash wouldn't have had an impressive 17 assists like he actually cared. we're not bored, our guys will probably have to play most of the game, some of them at least, like jho, dirk's out

Nashfan
04-03-2007, 10:11 PM
bullshit, they just couldn't get it done tonight so he had to keep the starters in the game. if they were bored, nash wouldn't have had an impressive 17 assists like he actually cared. we're not bored, our guys will probably have to play most of the game, some of them at least, like jho, dirk's out

Nash always cares unlike some of our other guys. So that is not a good barometer.

ponky
04-03-2007, 10:28 PM
Nash always cares unlike some of our other guys. So that is not a good barometer.

lame...just once, you ought to try breaking down a game using stats, gameplay, etc...everytime the suns lose or just barely eke out a win against a terrible team you chalk it up to some kind of b.s. mental thing like they don't care...every single time unless one of your guys is injured and out....that's weak

Amuseddaysleeper
04-03-2007, 10:31 PM
why the hell couldn't the damn suns lose!

i want that #2 seed

actually, i just want to play the nuggets instead of the lakers :lol

Nashfan
04-03-2007, 10:37 PM
lame...just once, you ought to try breaking down a game using stats, gameplay, etc...everytime the suns lose or just barely eke out a win against a terrible team you chalk it up to some kind of b.s. mental thing like they don't care...every single time unless one of your guys is injured and out....that's weak

Kind of like you do with your team against horrible teams like New York? What was the excuse then, someone hurt? Cannot use that card remember?

da_suns_fan__
04-03-2007, 10:42 PM
Look @ Ponky pouting over her team getting their asses handed to them on Sunday. Trying to find some solace that the Suns played their guys a lot of minutes in another vicotry tonight.

Bottom line: they won...again.

Amare was a beast.....again.

ponky
04-03-2007, 10:47 PM
Kind of like you do with your team against horrible teams like New York? What was the excuse then, someone hurt? Cannot use that card remember?

find it...i don't use injuries as excuses dumbass. i may have mentioned before the game about a certain player being out but if the rest of the team doesn't play well, i don't blame it on one guy being out. just like you couldn't remember the time you used the word "pussy" you have no idea what you're babbling about now.

ponky
04-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Look @ Ponky pouting over her team getting their asses handed to them on Sunday. Trying to find some solace that the Suns played their guys a lot of minutes in another vicotry tonight.

Bottom line: they won...again.

Amare was a beast.....again.

haha, i didn't even set aside an hour to pout, the spurs loss that night had me in a good mood again.

bottom line: mavs are ahead of the suns

Xylus
04-03-2007, 10:57 PM
This game really showed how much trouble the Suns are going to have in the playoffs against teams like the Memphis Grizzlies. :rolleyes

If you're going to trash talk, at least do it about a game that actually matters.

For example:

Like, you know, the Suns-Mavs game on Sunday, when your team's ass got handed to them by our team. :lol

For example:

Or the March 14th game where our team erased a 15-point deficit in the 4th quarter and won. On your home floor.

bottom line: mavs are ahead of the suns

This is Spurstalk, ponky. It's the head-to-head matchups that matter, not the total wins and losses for the season. We (Suns fans) tried to use that argument back in '05 and no one took it seriously.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-03-2007, 10:59 PM
who do most suns fans see as a tougher draw for them? the spurs or the mavs? considering how both teams have fairly different styles for the most part

Xylus
04-03-2007, 11:02 PM
who do most suns fans see as a tougher draw for them? the spurs or the mavs? considering how both teams have fairly different styles for the most part
The Spurs.

It's the worse matchup for us. Dallas has a hard time containing our fast tempo, and they have absolutely no answer for Barbosa, Nash, Amare, and sometimes even Diaw.

Meanwhile, Coach Pop seems to have us figured out...he knows the key to transition defense, he preaches the importance of guarding our 3-point shooters, and Bowen limits Marion like no other defender.

That's not to say the Spurs are better than Dallas. In a series, Dallas might beat the Spurs again. But the Spurs match up better against the Suns. In a 7-game series, I think...

Suns > Mavs (by the slightest margin)
Mavs > Spurs (by the slightest margin)
Spurs > Suns (by the slightest margin)

Rock, paper, and fucking scissors.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-03-2007, 11:05 PM
haha good call

I'm worried about our coaches insistence on dumbass small ball (which works beautifully for you guys, but for us, we aren't even close to equipped for it)

I really look forward to thursdays game, which most likely will be the last "big" game of the season for us considering dallas won't need to play their starters when they face us since the #1 seed will be locked up

Nashfan
04-03-2007, 11:06 PM
find it...i don't use injuries as excuses dumbass. i may have mentioned before the game about a certain player being out but if the rest of the team doesn't play well, i don't blame it on one guy being out. just like you couldn't remember the time you used the word "pussy" you have no idea what you're babbling about now.

I have better things to do than to catalog all your incoherent posts to be able to use for future reference. It seems funny to me that when someone presents stats to you more often than not you seem to disappear from the discussion. Too much factual information versus rhetoric?? All you seem to be able to do is sling insults at other people if they don't agree with your take on any given situation.

Xylus
04-03-2007, 11:08 PM
If the Spurs go big against us in the playoffs, we'll have a hard time. I'm having horrendous flashbacks of Oberto going 11-for-11 on us earlier this year...or Nazr scoring like 80 points and nabbing like 50 rebounds in a single game last year.

The things that scares me the most about the Spurs is Bruce Bowen on Marion. I think that's the primary reason you guys eliminated us in 5 games back in '05. I've been saying it a lot recently--as Marion goes, so goes the Phoenix Suns. When he's not playing well, the Suns generally look a half-step slower. When Marion plays unstoppable, the Suns are also unstoppable.

Nashfan
04-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Geez did you just see Devin Harris get run over and not get the call!!

Nashfan
04-03-2007, 11:10 PM

The Spurs for sure.

ponky
04-03-2007, 11:10 PM
I have better things to do than to catalog all your incoherent posts to be able to use for future reference. It seems funny to me that when someone presents stats to you more often than not you seem to disappear from the discussion. Too much factual information versus rhetoric?? All you seem to be able to do is sling insults at other people if they don't agree with your take on any given situation.

once again, more babbling...this is entirely incorrect and you can't even prove it. i don't disappear when someone post stats, although it's mostly that very knowledgeable susn fan jmarkjohns (sp?) but you otoh, never back your talk up with anything, just babble. don't even get me started about insults, the only posters i REALLY insult are you, spursdynasty and fillmoe.

ponky
04-03-2007, 11:13 PM
This game really showed how much trouble the Suns are going to have in the playoffs against teams like the Memphis Grizzlies. :rolleyes

If you're going to trash talk, at least do it about a game that actually matters.

For example:

Like, you know, the Suns-Mavs game on Sunday, when your team's ass got handed to them by our team. :lol

For example:

Or the March 14th game where our team erased a 15-point deficit in the 4th quarter and won. On your home floor.

This is Spurstalk, ponky. It's the head-to-head matchups that matter, not the total wins and losses for the season. We (Suns fans) tried to use that argument back in '05 and no one took it seriously.

Chill, I'm just getting under Nashfan's skin because he NEVER brings anything to the table. The Suns will be fine, it's just a shame they couldn't rest the guys a bit more today. The only point I made was that they didn't get to rest their guys, I purposely made no mention about their game until Nashfan took the bait. I think the Suns cared tonight, they just didn't trounce the opposition, doesn't happen every night but a win's a win. No doubt the Sunday game was more important that tonight's game and I believe I gave the Suns their props on Sunday.

Xylus
04-03-2007, 11:14 PM
The Suns are like...what, 4-10 against the Spurs in the last three years? Yeah, San Antonio is our Achilles heel.

Sorry ponky if I seemed too aggressive, but I don't see what the point of making a whole topic about this was.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-03-2007, 11:16 PM
ponky, you are evil sometimes ya know that? :lol :)

Nashfan
04-03-2007, 11:18 PM
once again, more babbling...this is entirely incorrect and you can't even prove it. i don't disappear when someone post stats, although it's mostly that very knowledgeable susn fan jmarkjohns (sp?) but you otoh, never back your talk up with anything, just babble. don't even get me started about insults, the only posters i REALLY insult are you, spursdynasty and fillmoe.

I think you have it wrong here, you are the one that is babbling. I posted stats about a game against Houston earlier in the year and you disappeared. You are just a punk that just thinks you are smarter than anyone else on this board.

da_suns_fan__
04-03-2007, 11:31 PM
And On Cue Terry And Howard Play More Minutes Than Any Sun Tonight!!!

Bwahahahahahahaahah!!!!!! :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah

Karma Ponky, Karma.

ponky
04-03-2007, 11:34 PM
The Suns are like...what, 4-10 against the Spurs in the last three years? Yeah, San Antonio is our Achilles heel.

Sorry ponky if I seemed too aggressive, but I don't see what the point of making a whole topic about this was.

sorry, it was for nashfan only! :lol :lol :lol

ponky
04-03-2007, 11:35 PM
And On Cue Terry And Howard Play More Minutes Than Any Sun Tonight!!!

Bwahahahahahahaahah!!!!!! :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah

Karma Ponky, Karma.

but the main guy played zero minutes, i can live with that...oh yeah, and we won, try it sometime without nash!

ponky
04-03-2007, 11:36 PM
ponky, you are evil sometimes ya know that? :lol :)

haha, i know...i really can't stand nashfan, the other suns fans are fine. anyway, expect more smack as the playoffs progress!!! :lol :p: :lol

da_suns_fan__
04-03-2007, 11:41 PM
haha, i know...i really can't stand nashfan, the other suns fans are fine. anyway, expect more smack as the playoffs progress!!! :lol :p: :lol

Playoffs are stressfull enough as it is.

ponky
04-03-2007, 11:46 PM
Playoffs are stressfull enough as it is.

were you on the board last season? if last year's smack between the spurs/mavs was any indication, the suns/spurs will be ridiculous this year...if the suns beat the spurs, there will be a huge meltdown. last year kori had to keep closing down and consolidating threads because people were going crazy

Amuseddaysleeper
04-03-2007, 11:49 PM
do you find that spurs freak out more than mavs fans after losses?

I think spurstalk is home to some of the most psychotic fans ever (myself included!)

ratm1221
04-04-2007, 12:02 AM
Suns have yet to convince me that they will be able to beat anyone in a 7 game series this year. They lack a little thing called consistency.

ponky
04-04-2007, 12:13 AM
do you find that spurs freak out more than mavs fans after losses?

I think spurstalk is home to some of the most psychotic fans ever (myself included!)

lol, yeah but there are a lot more spurs fans on this board so it's probably skewed...there are an equal number of spurs fans that just take the outcomes of games for what they are and don't try to come up with a gazillion different reasons as to why they lost and who to blame or who screwed them. i think it's ok though, the only thing i don't like is a fan who disses his team in a crude manner, like when someone gets mad at his team and starts screaming expletives at them

Cry Havoc
04-04-2007, 12:50 AM
lol, yeah but there are a lot more spurs fans on this board so it's probably skewed...there are an equal number of spurs fans that just take the outcomes of games for what they are and don't try to come up with a gazillion different reasons as to why they lost and who to blame or who screwed them.

It was the damn lawn gnomes!!! :pctoss

da_suns_fan__
07-03-2007, 02:05 PM
Funny thread.

Johnny RIngo
07-03-2007, 07:03 PM
Suns have yet to convince me that they will be able to beat anyone in a 7 game series this year. They lack a little thing called consistency.

S0ns can't beat any half decent team in the playoffs. They've been fortunate to receive the same defensively inept Lakers squad twice in the first round. It'll be fun to watch 'em crumble when they receive an opponent that actually knows how to abuse the piss poor S0ns defense(Nuggets)

JMarkJohns
07-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Hey! Ponky thinks I'm knowledgeable! Love ya too, babe :drool:

Good luck with your offseason, Ponk... we are each fans of teams who went out way too early. Hopefully neither owner goes off the deep end.