PDA

View Full Version : Put in a good word for me.

efrem1
04-03-2007, 10:55 PM
To Spurs fans in Beeville and Uvalde. Just letting you know that as I finish my Master's in Library and Information Science degree that there are some openings for library positions in Beeville and Uvalde. The one in Beeville is at the Joe Barnhart Bee County Library and the one in Uvalde is at Southwest Texas Junior College's library.

I have been in exile in California for the last 13 years and I need to come home. Put in the good word!!!! :)

midgetonadonkey
04-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Did you go to TWU or UNT?

midgetonadonkey
04-03-2007, 10:57 PM
Nevermind, I didn't read you post completely.

I thought of getting my MLS but I don't know. It's a last resort for me. I don't know if I like libraries that much.

efrem1
04-03-2007, 10:58 PM
I am finishing my program at San Jose State University this fall.

midgetonadonkey
04-03-2007, 10:59 PM
Are you planning on being a reference librarian or running a department?

efrem1
04-03-2007, 11:02 PM
The position in Uvalde is a Catalog/Reference position while the one in Beeville is a Public Services Librarian position.

midgetonadonkey
04-03-2007, 11:05 PM
I've never worked cataloging so I don't know what that is like but I am currently working at the UTSA circulation desk and it kind of sucks. At A&M Corpus Christi I ran ILL and I really enjoyed that. If I were to go for my MLS I wouldn't mind being a Reference Librarian. There is a lot of down time that comes with that and the work isn't bad.

efrem1
04-03-2007, 11:09 PM
The two positions require an MLIS so I hope that would narrow the field a bit. My wife likes small towns but she'll have to get used to more humidity than she gets here in SAcramento.

midgetonadonkey
04-03-2007, 11:12 PM
The two positions require an MLIS so I hope that would narrow the field a bit. My wife likes small towns but she'll have to get used to more humidity than she gets here in SAcramento.

What did you get your bachelors in?

efrem1
04-03-2007, 11:14 PM
I got my BA in History at a small college in Florida. I will breath a sigh of relief once I get this degree because the BA came from an unaccredited college. I currently work as a Legislative Aide in the California State Senate, but I am getting burnt out a bit and look forward to getting into this new field

midgetonadonkey
04-03-2007, 11:19 PM
I got a BA in English and can't find shit to do with it except for teaching, which I don't want to do. That is the only reason why I'm considering an MLS.

NorCal510
04-03-2007, 11:36 PM
you are making the wrong choice, stay in california and dont go back to country ass texas

leemajors
04-03-2007, 11:40 PM
I got a BA in English and can't find shit to do with it except for teaching, which I don't want to do. That is the only reason why I'm considering an MLS.

ding ding ding. i worked in a bar for a few years before taking a job in the computer industry. several of my coworkers at my current job have english degrees too. my boss has me proofread stuff. :lol

efrem1
04-03-2007, 11:55 PM
you are making the wrong choice, stay in california and dont go back to country ass texas

Well give me $500K for a home here I and might consider it. :drunk