PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to need some Q-tips

tsb2000
04-05-2007, 10:39 AM
to get all the crap I'm hearing out of my ears! :bang

Most of you know I live in Phoenix. Since my office is decked out in Silver and Black, I'm hearing it from every direction about how the Suns are going to rip the Spurs tonight....blah...blah...blah.

I've got a bet with some people here in my office. If the Suns win :nope , I'm buying them all lunch tomorrow. If (WHEN!) the Spurs win, they are all wearing one of my Spurs t-shirts or jerseys tomorrow from 8-5 and getting their pictures taken for posting on the www.

Even my 20 y.o. intern is talking smack. The balls on this kid! I should fire him right now just to make a point. :lol

da_suns_fan__
04-05-2007, 10:43 AM
I could understand rooting for the Spurs if you lived in San Antonio, but you live in Phoenix now and CHOOSE to root for the Spurs?

Thats like someone being offered filet mignon and instead going with the cold Spam.

I think the last time you used a Q-tip, you stuck it in too far.

AFBlue
04-05-2007, 10:46 AM
Even my 20 y.o. intern is talking smack. The balls on this kid! I should fire him right now just to make a point. :lol

http://www.24ur.com/media/images/extra/Jul2004/6010691.jpg

YOU'RE FIRED!

SpursWoman
04-05-2007, 10:48 AM
I could understand rooting for the Spurs if you lived in San Antonio, but you live in Phoenix now and CHOOSE to root for the Spurs?

Uhhh....he's a transplant. Think about it. :shootme :lol

da_suns_fan__
04-05-2007, 10:50 AM
Uhhh....he's a transplant. Think about it. :shootme :lol

A transplant from San Antonio who went to the University of Utah who now lives in Phoenix......

He has LOTS of options.

Still, who would say, "No Filet Mignon for me..i grew up on Spam, thanx"?!!!!

Trainwreck2100
04-05-2007, 10:53 AM
A transplant from San Antonio who went to the University of Utah who now lives in Phoenix......

He has LOTS of options.

So if you get a chinese guy's liver, do you automatically have to enjoy steamed rice?

FromWayDowntown
04-05-2007, 10:59 AM

He has LOTS of options.

tsb obviously wants the steak and doesn't want to just pay for the sizzle.

tsb2000
04-05-2007, 10:59 AM

He has LOTS of options.

Like most kids, my folks were in the Air Force. That should connect the dots for you. Lots of moving around before SA...Ten years at Randolph, went to Jusdon. Folks transferred to Utah, went to the U for college. Met the wife there. Wife is from Phoenix, so we moved here.

Nonetheless, thanks to my corp HQ being in Austin, I've been to more Spurs games this year than Suns games. :)

And, uh...if the three trophies are any indication, you should really rethink which team is the "spam." Seriously. :oink

da_suns_fan__
04-05-2007, 11:06 AM
Like most kids, my folks were in the Air Force. That should connect the dots for you. Lots of moving around before SA...Ten years at Randolph, went to Jusdon. Folks transferred to Utah, went to the U for college. Met the wife there. Wife is from Phoenix, so we moved here.

Nonetheless, thanks to my corp HQ being in Austin, I've been to more Spurs games this year than Suns games. :)

And, uh...if the three trophies are any indication, you should really rethink which team is the "spam." Seriously. :oink

Amazing. I am in the Air force (reservist), did boot camp in San Antonio, my finacee's from Utah (no, shes not mormon) and I live in Phoenix. You and I would probably have a lot to talk about.

Please say that youre not also software engineer!!!!

angel_luv
04-05-2007, 11:08 AM

:lol :tu

AlamoSpursFan
04-05-2007, 11:11 AM

Cue whiny Mavs fan in 5, 4, 3, 2...

:lol

da_suns_fan__
04-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Someone agrees with me:

Phoenix vs. San Antonio: This is Big
By Henry Abbot
TrueHoop on ESPN.com

April 5, 2007 10:37 AM

I have been telling everyone who will listen that a Phoenix vs. Dallas Western Conference Finals would be momentous, spectacular, historic, and joyous ... like, say, Hip Hop Star Wars, Oktoberfest, or an environmentally friendly solution to the world's energy crisis.

But NOT SO FAST.

Yes, those squads have been the season's front-runners. And yes, they pulled off the game of the regular season.

But it is by no means assured that either one of them will make it through the first two rounds of the playoffs. A healthy Houston could beat either one of them -- Tracy McGrady is better than ever. Utah has been playing physical, playoff-style basketball all season, Deron Williams and Mehmet Okur are both hungry to take the big shots, and Utah could at least put any series into the hands of the referees.

And, then, of course, there is San Antonio, the team that many analysts consider the favorites to win the whole thing. They are professional as all get out. Tim Duncan = championships. They play fantastic defense. They have poise. They have Manu Ginobili, who is the guy who can make things happen when no one can make things happen. They will get big games from Tony Parker.

The Spurs are also on a course to meet Phoenix in the second round. So, tonight's matchup between San Antonio and Phoenix? It's worth staying up for, I promise. The Spurs are the gatekeepers to the Western Conference Finals of my dreams. Tonight's game could even determine who gets homecourt advantage if Phoenix and San Antonio do meet in the playoffs.

I'll be watching for all those reasons, but also because Phoenix is always worth watching. Sam Amico, of ProBasketballNews.com, puts it nicely in his email newsletter:

Whenever I watch the Phoenix Suns, I feel like I have a caffeine buzz. By halftime, I want to dribble up and down the driveway at full speed. If you don't enjoy watching this team, someone needs to slap you and yell "BREATHE." Actually, if you don't enjoy watching Steve Nash, Shawn Marion, Amare Stoudemire and the rest, I have a hard time believing you like basketball at all. ... More importantly, I thank the basketball gods nightly for Suns coach Mike D'Antoni. In my mind, the man saved the NBA following a trend of ugly, grind-it-out basketball in the 1990s. Now, a lot of teams are mimicking D'Antoni's freewheeling system, and a few more are considering it. And to think he got fired in Denver. If more teams played like the Suns, there would be more sellouts, higher television ratings, and lots of happy players throughout the league.

tsb2000
04-05-2007, 11:20 AM
Amazing. I am in the Air force (reservist), did boot camp in San Antonio, my finacee's from Utah (no, shes not mormon) and I live in Phoenix. You and I would probably have a lot to talk about.

Please say that youre not also software engineer!!!!

Nope. I'm a financial analyst in the semiconductor industry. :)

DarrinS
04-05-2007, 11:35 AM

Thats like someone being offered filet mignon and instead going with the cold Spam.

Go Spam Go!

Score board:

Cold Spam : 3 championships
Filet Mignon: Squat

Extra Stout
04-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Miller Lite outsells Sam Adams. I guess that means Miller Lite is a better beer.

Tigole Bitties
04-05-2007, 12:00 PM
Nope. I'm a financial analyst in the semiconductor industry. :)

Ahh.... a Freescaler?

You must've made out like a bandit when they privatized last year :lol

AlamoSpursFan
04-05-2007, 12:01 PM
Miller Lite outsells Sam Adams. I guess that means Miller Lite is a better beer.

I'd rather drink a warm, flat Miller Lite than a fresh, ice cold Sam Adams.

Go Spam Go!

Score board:

Cold Spam : 3 championships
Filet Mignon: Squat

Mavs fan apparently missed his cue. Must be in his trailer jerking off to the Mavs regular season record.

Extra Stout
04-05-2007, 12:07 PM

Similarly, there are people out there who would rather watch the Suns on an off night than the Spurs at their best.

Extra Stout
04-05-2007, 12:10 PM
Spurs: Petrus
Mavs: California Cabernet
Suns: Wine coolers

tsb2000
04-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Ahh.... a Freescaler?

You must've made out like a bandit when they privatized last year :lol

I work for AMAT...well, a division of AMAT, anyway. :)

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-05-2007, 12:48 PM
IThats like someone being offered filet mignon and instead going with the cold Spam.

SPAM in a big, gold, championship cup...biotch!

ShoogarBear
04-05-2007, 01:45 PM

I think the last time you used a Q-tip, you stuck it in too far.Spur fans like SPAM.

And actually it's more like going with the classic, proven, slow cooked five course meal instead of the TV dinner.

ShoogarBear
04-05-2007, 01:47 PM
went to Jusdon. We can tell. :)

Well, nobody's perfect.

tsb2000
04-05-2007, 01:53 PM
We can tell. :)

Well, nobody's perfect.

Maybe not now, but we were pretty close back then! :lol

Flight3107
04-05-2007, 01:53 PM
I thank the basketball gods nightly for Suns coach Mike D'Antoni. In my mind, the man saved the NBA following a trend of ugly, grind-it-out basketball in the 1990s. Now, a lot of teams are mimicking D'Antoni's freewheeling system, and a few more are considering it. And to think he got fired in Denver. If more teams played like the Suns, there would be more sellouts, higher television ratings, and lots of happy players throughout the league.

Yeah, that Mike D'Antoni is one hell of a coach, thank God he saved the NBA.

:drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk

LilMissSPURfect
04-05-2007, 01:54 PM
If more teams played like the Suns, there would be more sellouts, higher television ratings, and lots of happy players throughout the league.

too bad these guys don't look happy!

http://www.vtams.biz/nfanimg/misc/spurs1.jpg
http://www.csupomona.edu/~jvila/spurs.JPG

tsb2000
04-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Yeah, that Mike D'Antoni is one hell of a coach, thank God he saved the NBA.

:drunk :drunk :drunk :drunk

D'Antoni is great. He was the guy who brought us Manu, if I'm not mistaken. He also played for the Spurs once.

SAtown
04-05-2007, 01:56 PM

At least wait till a couple hours before gametime to start drinking.

da_suns_fan__
04-05-2007, 02:07 PM
At least wait till a couple hours before gametime to start drinking.

Rim-shot!

SpursFanFirst
04-05-2007, 02:30 PM
We can tell. :)

Well, nobody's perfect.

That's awesome! :lol

da_suns_fan__
04-05-2007, 02:33 PM
HA HA! When did that Spam picture appear as part of the site logo?

ShoogarBear
04-05-2007, 02:33 PM
Maybe not now, but we were pretty close back then! :lol
Touché.

ShoogarBear
04-05-2007, 02:36 PM
HA HA! When did that Spam picture appear as part of the site logo?http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61364&
(http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61364&)
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62135&

DePastino
04-05-2007, 03:41 PM
If more teams played like the Suns, there would be more sellouts, higher television ratings, and lots of happy players throughout the league.

too bad these guys don't look happy!

They LOOK like they wanna be alone together.

:spin

41times
04-05-2007, 03:57 PM

Mavs fan apparently missed his cue. Must be in his trailer jerking off to the Mavs regular season record.

Actually it was to a picture of Eva Longoria. Take that TP!

SenorSpur
04-05-2007, 04:05 PM
D'Antoni is great. He was the guy who brought us Manu, if I'm not mistaken. He also played for the Spurs once.

He actually did play for the Spurs back in the day.

TSB, you keep holding it down for the Spurs SW fandom.

tsb2000
04-05-2007, 04:17 PM
He actually did play for the Spurs back in the day.

TSB, you keep holding it down for the Spurs SW fandom.

I do what I can. :)

AlamoSpursFan
04-05-2007, 04:31 PM
<---a member of the Spurs SW fandom.

Oh wait, you meant South West...I thought you meant Spurs Woman.

And if you're still holding on to near perfection for your Rockets, tsb, it must kill you to know that TR is the only school in SA 5-A history to go 16-0. (Before you look it up, Judson's best season was a 15-0-1 finish.) :lol

Amarelooms
04-05-2007, 04:33 PM
I work for AMAT...well, a division of AMAT, anyway. :)

Hey I own that stock and NVLS too. YOU fuckers need to work harder lol :elephant

tsb2000
04-05-2007, 05:52 PM
Hey I own that stock and NVLS too. YOU fuckers need to work harder lol :elephant

All I can tell you is to keep holding that stock. (wink-wink) Good things are to come.

tsb2000
04-05-2007, 05:54 PM
<---a member of the Spurs SW fandom.

Oh wait, you meant South West...I thought you meant Spurs Woman.

And if you're still holding on to near perfection for your Rockets, tsb, it must kill you to know that TR is the only school in SA 5-A history to go 16-0. (Before you look it up, Judson's best season was a 15-0-1 finish.) :lol

I knew that. :)

I gave up on Judson being perfect once the district was split. :lol

Trainwreck2100
04-05-2007, 05:56 PM
Actually it was to a picture of Eva Longoria. Take that TP!

:lol What weak Eva smack

Man of Steel
04-05-2007, 06:19 PM

Most of you know I live in Phoenix. Since my office is decked out in Silver and Black, I'm hearing it from every direction about how the Suns are going to rip the Spurs tonight....blah...blah...blah.

I've got a bet with some people here in my office. If the Suns win :nope , I'm buying them all lunch tomorrow. If (WHEN!) the Spurs win, they are all wearing one of my Spurs t-shirts or jerseys tomorrow from 8-5 and getting their pictures taken for posting on the www.

Fire that little prick right now!

You could write the following:

Dear Dikhead:

YOU'RE FIRED, BASTARD--CLEAN THAT SHIT OUT OF YOUR DESK IN FIVE MINUTES OR I'LL HAVE YOU ARRESTED!

:pctoss

kskonn
04-05-2007, 06:45 PM
All I can tell you is to keep holding that stock. (wink-wink) Good things are to come.

I concur. I was just in Phoenix on monday and Tuesday and one my stops involved your company.

I can't say why or who I represented, but listen to the man.

exstatic
04-05-2007, 07:51 PM
The Suns are a fad. They are the NBA version of the NFL's formerly popular Run-n-shoot offense. I say formerly, because finally, teams realized that while it's fun to watch, you're not going to win with it. Phoenix is enjoyable to watch...from November to May. Deal.

tsb2000
04-05-2007, 09:26 PM
I concur. I was just in Phoenix on monday and Tuesday and one my stops involved your company.

I can't say why or who I represented, but listen to the man.

If you were in the Gilbert office, you were probably with that group of people we didn't recognize last week. :)

T Park
04-06-2007, 01:17 AM
Looks like this guy has an enjoyable day at work tommarow :)

FirebatMIV
04-06-2007, 01:29 AM
We demand pictures!

jbspurs
04-06-2007, 01:53 AM
Someone agrees with me:

Basketball is offense and defense! NOT OFFENSE! OFFENSE! OFFENSE!
I guess you just don't know basketball!

Borosai
04-06-2007, 02:08 AM
Looks like this guy has an enjoyable day at work tommarow :)

Fuhshow! :elephant

Southwest Texas Fan
04-06-2007, 11:20 AM

When will you be sending the photos? :downspin:

tsb2000
04-06-2007, 11:27 AM
When will you be sending the photos? :downspin:

They're in my other thread. :)

Other thread (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63664)