PDA

View Full Version : Who do we want to play? Clippers or Denver?

TheNextGen
04-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Looks like the Lakers will be moving down? Who would we rather play???

ducks
04-05-2007, 01:47 PM
clippers are the easier team
denver would be more phyiscal series and might hurt a spur player

bdictjames
04-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Either of them, we can get through the first round.

SpursDynasty
04-05-2007, 01:58 PM
The #4-8 seeds are all easy teams. Doesn't matter if SA plays Houston, Lakers, Denver, or Clippers. They are all a 5 game series.

I'd like to see Golden State at #8 to make an interesting first round match up with Dallas. GS has won 5 of the last 6 regular season meetings between the two. They could pull off an upset or at least take it to 7 games. Clippers would just get swept in the first round vs Dallas.

theroc5
04-05-2007, 02:04 PM
Nuggets are a bit more physical so I would rather play the clippers.
I wish the playoff seeding was

1.mavs
2.spurs
3.suns
4.rockets
5.utah
6.lakers
7.clippers
8.warriors

though its more likely going to be

1.mavs
2.suns
3.spurs
4.utah
5.rockets
6.lakers
7.nuggets
8.clippers

TheNextGen
04-05-2007, 02:19 PM
i think its gonna be

1. Mavs
2. Suns
3. Spurs
4. Jazz
5. Rockets
6. Clippers
7. Nuggets
8. Lakers

ShoogarBear
04-05-2007, 02:31 PM
We want to play the Pistons.

We don't care who they play before then.

mardigan
04-05-2007, 02:33 PM
The #4-8 seeds are all easy teams. Doesn't matter if SA plays Houston, Lakers, Denver, or Clippers. They are all a 5 game series.

I'd like to see Golden State at #8 to make an interesting first round match up with Dallas. GS has won 5 of the last 6 regular season meetings between the two. They could pull off an upset or at least take it to 7 games. Clippers would just get swept in the first round vs Dallas.
Your saying that Houston and Utah wouldnt have a chance against the Spurs, but because the Warriors have a good record in the regular season against the Mavs the Mavs would have a difficult time? Right......

Clips

Mr. Body
04-05-2007, 02:43 PM
Clippers.

nkdlunch
04-05-2007, 03:27 PM
of course clippers

but I don't know if that would be a good thing, beating a tough Denver helped us last championship run

Supergirl
04-05-2007, 03:31 PM
I want to play anyone but the Lakers in the first round. Not worried about Nuggets or the Clips, though the Clips are a slightly tougher match up because they actually play some D. The Suns should be our round two opponent, and I'm not too worried about them, for the same reason I'm not worried about the Nuggets. Teams that play all O are relatively easy for the Spurs, because once you body them up they don't have much else.

It's teams like the Mavs and the Pistons that the Spurs have a tougher time, because they play decent D (Mavs) or good D (Pistons) as well as good offense. And, G-d willing, those should be our final two match ups in this year's playoffs.

TheNextGen
04-05-2007, 04:36 PM
I want to play anyone but the Lakers in the first round. Not worried about Nuggets or the Clips, though the Clips are a slightly tougher match up because they actually play some D. The Suns should be our round two opponent, and I'm not too worried about them, for the same reason I'm not worried about the Nuggets. Teams that play all O are relatively easy for the Spurs, because once you body them up they don't have much else.

It's teams like the Mavs and the Pistons that the Spurs have a tougher time, because they play decent D (Mavs) or good D (Pistons) as well as good offense. And, G-d willing, those should be our final two match ups in this year's playoffs.

but the Lakers have crappy Defense lately...so they shouldnt be much of a big deal right?

Spurminator
04-05-2007, 04:55 PM
I'd love to beat Phil...

jaespur21
04-05-2007, 05:32 PM
I say Bring on the Clipjoint

bigdog
04-05-2007, 06:50 PM
We want to play the Pistons.

We don't care who they play before then.

Sure, why not get right to the point right? haha

Trainwreck2100
04-05-2007, 06:51 PM
clippers are the easier team
denver would be more phyiscal series and might hurt a spur player

two years ago. Just gotta worry about Najera now.