PDA

View Full Version : Push TD 4 DPOY NOW!!!

TDMVPDPOY
04-06-2007, 12:13 AM
I wanna see you fellas push/market TD4DPOY now!!!! whether its in the papers, or fuckn radio or at the game, we need duncan to get one of these in his cabinet!!!! pass the message around!!!

he can pull a hakeem and get mvp, dpoy, finals mvp, championship this year!!!!!

i be pissed if he doesnt win dpoy!!!

bigfundamental21
04-06-2007, 12:18 AM
Timmy has been outstanding on defense his entire career. He always makes All-Defensive Team and should certainly be considered for DPOY. I just hope that BWallace doesn't win this award again.

Solid D
04-06-2007, 12:29 AM
I don't see it...no offense to you TDMVPDPOY. There are times, like the PHX game where he shows his defensive energies and skills. He doesn't always guard with his feet, though, and he will take shortcuts. Ask this guy if you doubt this...

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/basketball/nba/img10102666.jpg

TDMVPDPOY
04-06-2007, 12:31 AM
Timmy has been outstanding on defense his entire career. He always makes All-Defensive Team and should certainly be considered for DPOY. I just hope that BWallace doesn't win this award again.

Ben wallace hasnt shown much this year to be in the discussions...more like to the tune of hinrich and deng doing the work....

nkdlunch
04-06-2007, 12:33 AM
gotta be Bowen or Duncan.

jaespur21
04-06-2007, 01:12 AM
I don't see it...no offense to you TDMVPDPOY. There are times, like the PHX game where he shows his defensive energies and skills. He doesn't always guard with his feet, though, and he will take shortcuts. Ask this guy if you doubt this...

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/basketball/nba/img10102666.jpg
1 lucky play...... timmy I bet let him get a step and tried 2 block him from behind and just barely missed the block..
TIM DPOY

Solid D
04-06-2007, 02:02 AM
1 lucky play...... timmy I bet let him get a step and tried 2 block him from behind and just barely missed the block..
TIM DPOY

If a Spurs player wins that award this year, it should go to Bruce Bowen. He draws every tough assignment, every night and he hasn't missed a game in 5 years. That's a lot of tough assignments for not ever to have won a DPOY. Bruce has locked down many teams' leading scorers this season. One of these years, people will look at selecting the winner of DPOY based on something other than only a defender's own stats.

I'm not focusing on one play, mind you, but I'm sure most basketball coaches would not instruct Timmy to switch that screen and let the dribble penetration occur in hopes of blocking the shot from behind.

Tim has been deserving of many of his All-NBA defensive awards and he has really stepped up his help D since the All-Star break. He had to for the team to improve. I just think Bowen works the hardest defensively and deserves the award as much as anyone in the NBA. He consistently limits the production of the opponent's key perimeter threat.

timvp
04-06-2007, 02:05 AM
Duncan was a candidate for WDPOY for the first half of the season. I'd never seen him play worse defense.

To his credit though, he's turned it around and has been playing a lot better as of the last couple months. Still not in playoff form, but we at least see glimpses of it.

Rapper
04-06-2007, 03:18 AM
must be Tim !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChumpDumper
04-06-2007, 04:17 AM
He got five blocks on the only game on TV on a night in April against the highest scoring team in the league. He's a shoo-in.

Texas_Ranger
04-06-2007, 06:57 AM
Timmy = DPOY

SlovenianGuy
04-06-2007, 07:21 AM
I agree with Timvp. IMO TD is not a legit canidate fod DPOY award this year. He played mediocre D (by his high standards) for more than half a season.

Who are the true candidates fot this year's DPOY?

Battier?
Camby?
Marion?
Okafor?
Josh Smith?

Rapper
04-06-2007, 08:49 AM
I agree with Timvp. IMO TD is not a legit canidate fod DPOY award this year. He played mediocre D (by his high standards) for more than half a season.

Battier?
Camby?
Marion?
Okafor?
Josh Smith?

Absolutely Tim

Battier???
Cambby??
Marion?
Okafor?
Josh Smith?

impossible for them

Solid D
04-06-2007, 08:51 AM

Battier?
Camby?
Marion?
Okafor?
Josh Smith?

Bowen

LEONARD
04-06-2007, 08:54 AM
Didn't Spurs fans rip on the Mavs for "Dirk for MVP" night? Why does he need to be "pushed for"???

cherylsteele
04-06-2007, 09:09 AM
Didn't Spurs fans rip on the Mavs for "Dirk for MVP" night? Why does he need to be "pushed for"???
There is a difference in the 2 awards.
One is for overall MVP, the other is defensive player of the year, hence the "D"POY.

TDMVPDPOY
04-06-2007, 09:11 AM
DPOY, team defensive stats should also go into consideration...

if it was base on individual defensive stats only, AK47 should have 5 of them already.

LEONARD
04-06-2007, 09:13 AM
There is a difference in the 2 awards.
One is for overall MVP, the other is defensive player of the year, hence the "D"POY.

:dizzy

timvp
04-06-2007, 12:04 PM
The best perimeter defender in the league is Bowen. The best interior defender in the league I'd say is Emeka Okafor.

Testing
04-06-2007, 12:10 PM
^Battier is pretty good too :rolleyes

Solid D
04-06-2007, 10:11 PM
The best perimeter defender in the league is Bowen. The best interior defender in the league I'd say is Emeka Okafor.

This year...absolutely!

The best perimeter defender in the league is Bowen. The beast interior defender in the league I'd say is Emeka Okafor.

Corrected.

Pugglekicker_21
04-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Was he injured or something because I cant remember seeing his name in stats...

T Park
04-06-2007, 11:43 PM
^Battier is pretty good too

Not better than bowen.

learn to read troll.

TDMVPDPOY
04-07-2007, 12:27 AM
i have come to the conclusion that tim duncan is going to win the award dpoy this year.

look at his competition:

bruce bowen - hasnt shown glimpses that much this season
marcus camby - impressive numbers, but his team is currently 39-36
battier - 47-29 nuff said
jermaine - impressive numbers, but his team isnt even in the playoffs talk atm
ben wallace - hasnt shown glimpses of his true self
okafor - not this year with a losing record
ak47 - not much this year
artest - team is lottery bound

has the dpoy award eever gone to a player with lottery team? or non playoff team?