PDA

View Full Version : Vince Carter extention....

TDMVPDPOY
04-06-2007, 12:54 PM
just had a read on realgm, and reportly is lookin at Paul Pierce type of money 60million over 3 years......

now the question is, is this person worth that much money when he basically has done shit as a franchise player? we all know he can fill up the seats in the stadium, but wherever he goes he hasnt live up to the expectations of a franchise player....

heck if ben wallace can get 16-18mill a year, i see why this douchebag cant get that type of money....but ratner is moving his nets team anyway.....

Fillmoe
04-06-2007, 12:57 PM
i doubt he gets that type of money strictly because of his past actions.....

JamStone
04-06-2007, 12:58 PM
Ask Sequ how much he thinks Vince Carter should get. He'll give you an objective answer.

Ben Wallace got $60 over 4 years. That's $15 million a year.

Kobulingam
04-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Vince Carter can fill seats, which amounts to something.

SRJ
04-06-2007, 01:04 PM
It's franchise money for a second banana. Now, for a second banana, VC is great - but he's still a second banana.

Kobulingam
04-06-2007, 01:12 PM
It's franchise money for a second banana. Now, for a second banana, VC is great - but he's still a second banana.

VC adds revenue to the team. He's worth max or near-max.

But as a player he sucks, cuz he can't even defend fart.

Findog
04-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Ben Wallace got $60 over 4 years. That's $15 million a year.

Do you think that was a wise expenditure of funds? $15 million per for the next four on a 32 year old dude that is a complete liability on offense? And whose defense isn't all that great anymore? The Bulls would've been better off just staying pat with Tyson Chandler.

As for Vince Carter, meh....if you give him that kind of dough, you deserve what comes your way. Some idiot will probably shell out for him though. I don't care how talented he is, this is a guy that tips off the opposing teams on what is coming. What a douche:

http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-1732.html

dbreiden83080
04-06-2007, 01:24 PM
Carter is not a franchise guy but he is a great scorer to go along with a franchise player. That is why Orlando is the right fit for him, since they are building around Howard.

Kobulingam
04-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Carter is not a franchise guy but he is a great scorer to go along with a franchise player. That is why Orlando is the right fit for him, since they are building around Howard.

Can VC teach Dwight how to pass out of a double team without making a turnover?

Dwight, so far, seems overrated.

Findog
04-06-2007, 01:40 PM
Can VC teach Dwight how to pass out of a double team without making a turnover?

Dwight, so far, seems overrated.

Dude's only like 21 years old. Dirk didn't learn how to pass out of a double team until this year. D-Ho is gonna be a beast. In fact, he already IS a beast. He reminds me of Moses.

Kobulingam
04-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Dude's only like 21 years old. Dirk didn't learn how to pass out of a double team until this year. D-Ho is gonna be a beast. In fact, he already IS a beast. He reminds me of Moses.

Dirk doesn't live in the paint like Dwight Howard. Passing out of double teams is the ONLY WAY Dwight can become a good player. You're right in that he's young, but I don't get these "next Shaq" comparisons. Dwight's footwork looks really bad. He looks really clumsy out there. He makes up for it with insane athleticism, but that can only go so far.

Dwight Howard has the highest turnover-to-time-touching-ball ratio in the history of basketball.

JamStone
04-06-2007, 01:50 PM
Do you think that was a wise expenditure of funds? $15 million per for the next four on a 32 year old dude that is a complete liability on offense? And whose defense isn't all that great anymore? The Bulls would've been better off just staying pat with Tyson Chandler.

No, I'm just correcting the original post that stated Ben Wallace was making $16-18 million a year.

Rip-Hamilton32
04-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Dirk doesn't live in the paint like Dwight Howard. Passing out of double teams is the ONLY WAY Dwight can become a good player. You're right in that he's young, but I don't get these "next Shaq" comparisons. Dwight's footwork looks really bad. He looks really clumsy out there. He makes up for it with insane athleticism, but that can only go so far.

Dwight Howard has the highest turnover-to-time-touching-ball ratio in the history of basketball.

stop hating on howard for his buzzer beatin ally oop, this is a VC thread anyways

resistanze
04-06-2007, 10:26 PM
Ain't no one spending 20 mil on a
http://www.e-scoutcraft.com/activities/marshmallow_f.jpg

Rip-Hamilton32
04-06-2007, 10:27 PM
marshmellows don't cry