PDA

View Full Version : Rangers Opening Day

Melmart1
04-06-2007, 01:05 PM
It's on Time Warner Cable channel 4 right now, if anyone is interested. They didn't show the opening day festivities, which sucks, I really get into that stuff but I am happy just being able to watch.

GO RANGERS!!!!

Melmart1
04-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Guess nobody else cared. No surprise there. :(

Check swing blooper RBI for Sosa. Somewhere, Whottt shedding a tear :lol

The Rangers officially have their first lead of the season now.

Silver21_Black20
04-06-2007, 01:31 PM
My two co-workers are at that game.

Melmart1
04-06-2007, 01:39 PM
Lucky bastages!

2-0 Rangers. WOOHOO!

dallasmavsnfuego214
04-06-2007, 02:20 PM
im a Ranger fan too, and been a believer of Robinson Tejeda all along, so naturally this game is making me happy.

interesting thing to notice is that the temp is only 60 degrees and without the heat and humidity the Red Sox balls arent jumping off the bat today.

Melmart1
04-06-2007, 02:32 PM
Yeah, Papi and Manny have hit some balls really hard but they just aren't going far enough.

Tejeda is picking up where he left off last season in his last nine games. This is very encouraging, because I really think Millwood, Padilla and McCarthy will come around and be solid (if a little streaky for Padilla at least). Having the 4th spot shored up by a productive Tejeda can only spell good things for them.

Kevin Blackistone
04-06-2007, 03:20 PM
Otsuka with the save. Good game.

dallasmavsnfuego214
04-06-2007, 03:22 PM
:clap :toast

1st win of the year

Melmart1
04-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Loved how the players hugged Ron Washington, congratulating him on his first win as a Manager. It seems like he has brought some great camraderie to the clubhouse, something sorely missing with micromanager Buck.

Great win, great pitching duel, Wakefield retired his last 11 batters and was really getting the knuckler to dance. This was a close game, and the pitching came through. I am more worried about the offense than the pitching.

Melmart1
04-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Otsuka with the save. Good game.
Did you hear how it's pronounced? Oats-kuh, without the "U" pronounced, just like in Daisuke. :toast

Kevin Blackistone
04-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Did you hear how it's pronounced? Oats-kuh, without the "U" pronounced, just like in Daisuke. :toast
:lol I've noticed Lewin and Greive doing that all last year too. Like I said in the other thread, during the time I spent overseas every Japanese person with a similar name pronounced it with the u, as in Ot-su-ka. Most of them do speak very fast, so that may be part of it. Or, we may just like to fuck with them and mispronounce their name for fun. Who knows??

BUMP
04-06-2007, 04:25 PM
why is Wilkerson on this team?

tell you what, tommorow i'll go out there, catch a few fly balls, throw them back in (with a marginal arm), then go up to bat, foul a few pitches back, strike out, and you can paste a big ol #6 on the back of my jersey and you couldnt tell the relative difference between the two of us. the answer isnt sending him to the minors, send him home. he makes me cringe whenever he's up to bat

TheTruth
04-06-2007, 04:51 PM
Great win, great pitching duel, Wakefield retired his last 11 batters and was really getting the knuckler to dance. This was a close game, and the pitching came through. I am more worried about the offense than the pitching.
I don't know. That Rangers rotation is going to be pretty bad this season.

Pugglekicker_21
04-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Looking foward to Sunday Night......