PDA

View Full Version : Geraldo Rivera Exposes Bill O'Reilly as a Bigot

nsrammstein
04-06-2007, 06:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhwwbNA3hjg

CubanMustGo
04-06-2007, 06:43 PM
O'Rotten self-exposed himself as a bigot long ago.

T Park
04-06-2007, 06:45 PM
hes against having people here illegally.

What a horrible concept :rolleyes

Flight3107
04-06-2007, 06:58 PM
What !?!?!?!?!

Bill wants to get rid of sanctuary cities ? THATS INSANE !!!

Xolotl
04-06-2007, 07:02 PM
how does him being against illegal immigration bigotry

and the best line of that is when Geraldo says "illegal immigrants commit crimes at a lower rate than citizens do"......um if they're illegal immigrants isn't that itself a crime sooooo my math puts that at about 100% crime rate

Buddy Holly
04-06-2007, 07:03 PM
hes against having people here illegally.

What a horrible concept :rolleyes

It's probably the fact that he's using drunk driving as the catalyst for his lame argument.

nsrammstein
04-06-2007, 07:04 PM
This was an Drunk driving crime and bill o'reilly is trying to turn this into an illegal immigration debate which is not. first comes the current crime committed which is capital murder.

Flight3107
04-06-2007, 07:13 PM
This was an Drunk driving crime and bill o'reilly is trying to turn this into an illegal immigration debate which is not. first comes the current crime committed which is capital murder.

Of course it is a drunk driving crime, but the guy had been arrested 2 other times and was not sent out of this country when Virginia Beach new very well he was an illegal alien. Had there not been any sanctuary policies in place this would have never happened.

Bottom line sanctuary cities are a joke

Steve Perry
04-06-2007, 07:17 PM

Are you willing to have a family member killed by that man so that illegals can stay?

It's easy to talk when none of us lost a family member to some job stealing, taco eating, drunk ass, wetback.

:wakeup

Buddy Holly
04-06-2007, 07:35 PM
No one's saying they think he should have been in this country illegally or stayed after being arrested twice.

The problem is the hypocrisy that Bill O'Reilly spews in order to get his agenda across. How many shows has Mr. O'Reilly done featuring a story of family killed by a drunk driver who has been arrested for DUI numerous times before yet never had their license revoked or been put in prison. How many? Exactly. Yet this illegal comes along and bam, he has his story.

That man doesn't care about that family and their loss, he only cares about who did it.

midgetonadonkey
04-06-2007, 08:37 PM
I like tacos.

CharlieMac
04-07-2007, 10:05 AM
The real problem here is that we're giving Geraldo credibility now.

Tres_Till_it_MHz
04-07-2007, 12:11 PM
Only thing Geraldo could expose is his ego.

This thread is lame without tacos.

BIG IRISH
04-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Are you willing to have a family member killed by that man so that illegals can stay?

It's easy to talk when none of us lost a family member to some job stealing, taco eating, drunk ass, wetback.

Just as long as it's not my family member.

Job stealing? You wouldn't work as hard as he does for what they pay! I've seen you WORK :rolleyes

Taco eating, What's wrong with tacos? If it looks like a taco eat it.

Drunk ass? nope just nine beers takes three six-packs before I'm drunk!

Wetback? Got mine wet in Honolulu along with other parts of my body.

Steve, why don't you and the GUYS go play with
all the guy groupies from your favorite team. :lol

EGO's and Bill has N E V E R been where GR has been

Extra Stout
04-07-2007, 02:43 PM

It's easy to talk when none of us lost a family member to me.

T Park
04-07-2007, 02:51 PM
The problem is the hypocrisy that Bill O'Reilly spews in order to get his agenda across. How many shows has Mr. O'Reilly done featuring a story of family killed by a drunk driver who has been arrested for DUI numerous times before yet never had their license revoked or been put in prison. How many? Exactly. Yet this illegal comes along and bam, he has his story.

That isn't hypocrisy sir.

Thats using examples of trying to get the damn point across.

our problems with ILLEGAL, NOT UNDOCUMENTED!!! ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!! is a huge problem that no one from Bush on down want to fix.

And its fucking maddening.

01Snake
04-07-2007, 02:53 PM

our problems with ILLEGAL, NOT UNDOCUMENTED!!! ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!! is a huge problem that no one from Bush on down want to fix.

Neither political party will deal with it. Too many votes as stake.

T Park
04-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Yup.

100% correct.

Neither will deal with it, cause they are spineless sellout wimps.

Steve Perry
04-07-2007, 04:14 PM

T Park needs to run for office, or have his own talk show. The man hits the nail on the head. This comes down to Laws why have them?

ILLEGAL, NOT UNDOCUMENTED!!! ILLEGAL!!!!!!!!! All you tree hugger's
that take all this personal since you have an auntie, or a friend who is Latino miss the point. These laws are for everyone ,Germans,Koreans,Russians, etc...

How many of them hide in car trunks to come to America? They go by the book and stand in line like the others and get here the Legal way.

If you tree bugger's want to start changing the rules or bending them then lets do it for everyone. Child molesters let them do what they do since they may be from Mexico cut them some slack, oh By the way that man who raped your daughter just give him probation he is from Mexico you don't want to offend any Latinos do you?

unless anyone here has had to work for 8.16 an hour as a painter when I should be making 13,00 an hour due to all the Mexicans at the job sites you see around town then shut the fuck up!

Go to where they are Building new homes outside 1604 see how many White men are brick layers and painters. as far as picking tomatoes or mowing lawns jobs we white folks don't want to do that is fine just do it as a Legal resident of the USA is that really to much to ask?

Tree hugger response in 3...............................2................. .

Clandestino
04-07-2007, 04:40 PM
unless anyone here has had to work for 8.16 an hour as a painter when I should be making 13,00 an hour due to all the Mexicans at the job sites you see around town then shut the fuck up!

Go to where they are Building new homes outside 1604 see how many White men are brick layers and painters. as far as picking tomatoes or mowing lawns jobs we white folks don't want to do that is fine just do it as a Legal resident of the USA is that really to much to ask?

Tree hugger response in 3...............................2................. .

if you're competing with illegals for jobs what the fuck does that say about you? hahaha...

Melmart1
04-07-2007, 04:42 PM
Blaming illegals for the lack of painters jobs or low wages is absurd. You need to blame the contracters that hire them. If the gov't would go after them for hiring illegals, they would stop hiring them, period.

It's supply and demand--if the demand for cheap, illegal labor drops because the laws against employing them are enforced, they won't be taking jobs from Americans. It is infinitely easier to go to the source of the employment than it is to go to each employee.

I just hope everyone here is ready to work that hard, out in the sun, in August...

Steve Perry
04-07-2007, 04:54 PM
Blaming illegals for the lack of painters jobs or low wages is absurd. You need to blame the contracters that hire them.

That is like saying blaming child molesters for talking to your daughter in chat rooms is not the perverts fault, but it's the fault of AOL for providing the service?

I have read some bias shit in my day but your cop out response took the cake your not even worthy to reply to in the future if that is your simple minded way of thinking, so don't take it personal if I put you on a mini temporary ignore for the rest of this topic.

Extra Stout
04-07-2007, 05:07 PM
Has anyone ever considered that mouse himself might be an illegal?

Steve Perry
04-07-2007, 05:12 PM
Has anyone ever considered that mouse himself might be an illegal?

I wish I was, I would have a good job, benefits, free medical, and have many friends like MelMart and Clandestino tossing my salad 24/7.

Extra Stout
04-07-2007, 05:18 PM
I wish I was, I would have a good job, benefits, free medical, and have many friends like MelMart and Clandestino tossing my salad 24/7.
It's "I wish I were," not "I wish I was." Can't you people a-speaka English?

boutons_
04-07-2007, 05:35 PM
dubya hasn't done anything about illegals because businessman want them here.

And businessmen/corps love those cheap B1v visa imports, too:

Does H-1B surge mean cap should be raised?

By Anne Broache
http://news.com.com/Does+H-1B+surge+mean+cap+should+be+raised/2100-1022_3-6173386.html

Story last modified Thu Apr 05 06:04:17 PDT 2007

This week's record-setting avalanche of applications for H-1B visas is undeniable. Now in dispute: what caused it and what should happen next.

On Tuesday, the U.S. government announced that this year's limit on H-1B visas had already been reached after only one day, the first time in history the annual cap had been reached so quickly. Since 1990, American employers have relied on the visas to hire skilled foreign workers for up to six years, often in computer- or engineering-related jobs.

The reason for the surge matters: Congress is expected to hold hearings on raising the limit later this year, and will surely question why the quota was reached so instantly. Technology companies argue the surge is further proof that the quota must be increased, while opponents say there are enough Americans to do those jobs already.

High-tech companies say the visas are critical to filling voids in their workforces and have been lobbying for Congress to raise the cap, which currently stands at 65,000 (but climbs just above 100,000 when a number of exemptions are taken into account). Critics say the program has depressed U.S. wages and put qualified Americans out of jobs.

For lawyers who counsel clients on how to apply for H-1Bs, the record-high 150,000 applications reportedly received by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services by Monday afternoon--the first day it began accepting them--was a natural response to what they said is an ever-narrowing window in which visas remain available.

For the fourth straight year, the cap was reached before the start of the next fiscal year. Two years ago, USCIS determined in early August that it had received enough applications to meet the cap for the next year's batch of the work permits. Last year, the agency had stopped accepting new applications by late May--less than two months after it opened the application window.

"Many people figured out that, if the pattern continued, the 'run out' day would be the first day that anyone could file--namely, April 2," said Crystal Williams, deputy director of programs for the American Immigration Lawyers Association.

Fear of missing out on the visas likely prompted many employers to "frontload" their applications rather than spreading them out over many weeks or months, said Peter Roberts, co-head of the immigration practice at the Stamford, Conn.-based law firm McCarter & English.

"I know that was the advice to my clients: You can't run the risk of waiting and then not being able to employ this individual," said Roberts, whose firm mostly works with companies in the financial services and manufacturing industry.

Programmers Guild founder John Miano had a different take. The run on the visas is nothing short of "an organized campaign to exhaust the quota as quickly as possible," motivated by the hope that Congress will be persuaded that more visas are necessary, he said.

That's precisely the wrong approach, said Miano, whose group supports restrictions on H-1Bs in an effort to combat perceived displacement of American workers and depression of salaries.

"The fact that industry is now capable of putting through a staggering number of H-1B applications in just one day is the best illustration yet of why we need an H-1B quota," he said. "Industry has proved it will not be self-policing when it comes to H-1B numbers."

Unemployment low in tech

High-tech industry advocates of additional H-1B visas said their companies are in a particularly tight spot because U.S. unemployment levels in the computer science and engineering fields are far lower than the nationwide average while the number of job openings is growing, leaving firms little choice but to recruit foreigners.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics figures cited by Oracle vice president Robert Hoffman, the unemployment rate in February 2007 was 2 percent for computer and mathematical occupations and 1.7 percent for architecture and engineering occupations. That's far below the 4.9 percent national rate, although it's about equal to the 1.9 percent rate for all "management, professional and related occupations." Meanwhile, the Department of Labor estimates that the number of new jobs created in math and computer science fields will have grown to about 100,000 by 2014.

"This tells us there is significant demand and a shrinking pool of qualified professionals," Hoffman said.

The employment rates present a serious challenge to American high-tech firms, particularly in combination with recent statistics showing that more than half of advanced degrees in engineering and technology at U.S. universities are awarded to foreigners, Hoffman said.

The timing of this year's shortage is particularly troubling because it occurred long before a new class of international university students received their U.S.-based degrees, said Kara Calvert, director of government relations for the Information Technology Industry Council. ITIC's members include Apple, Dell, Cisco Systems, Intel and Microsoft.

"Our companies cannot submit applications for prospective recruits until they have a degree in hand, which means this new crop of talented individuals may be forced to return home after receiving their U.S. degrees," she said. "Even more troubling is the real possibility that these U.S.-educated workers may begin innovating for our (overseas) competitors."

It's misguided to say there's a connection between the state of the U.S. labor market and the surging demand for H-1B visas, argued Ron Hira, a Rochester Institute of Technology professor and former board member of IEEE-USA, which lobbies for checks on the visa system on behalf of American engineers.

"The argument they make is these U.S. workers just don't exist, but you can't conclude that based on H-1B demand," said Hira, who has also authored a book and reports criticizing the H-1B system. "H-1B demand is completely decoupled from the labor market because they don't have to look for U.S. workers."

Only H-1B dependent companies--that is, when more than 15 percent of their workforces are H-1B holders--are expected certify that they aren't displacing qualified Americans, which means most companies can escape that requirement, Hira said. A new U.S. Senate bill would extend that requirement to all firms that employ foreigners through the visa program and attempts to give the Department of Labor more tools to enforce such rules.

Another reason why foreigners may be attractive to U.S. companies is that they are only required to pay them the "prevailing wage," which is often lower than the market wage, Hira said. The Senate bill would change the way "prevailing wage" is determined in a way designed to raise the minimum payout.

"We really don't know why there is so much demand for these H-1B workers," Hira said, "but there are good reasons why companies would prefer foreign workers over U.S. workers."

Copyright ©1995-2007 CNET Networks, Inc. All rights reserved.

( good reasons? = saving $$$$$$$$$ )

Clandestino
04-07-2007, 05:41 PM

i thought you said the illegals made 8.16 an hr painting... you were bitching about 8.16 an hr to paint, but now you say they have good jobs?

and if you got off your ass instead of smoking dope all the time you'd have a real fucking job instead of competing with illegals for work. cant feel sorry for people like you

Extra Stout
04-07-2007, 05:52 PM
"We really don't know why there is so much demand for these H-1B workers," Hira said, "but there are good reasons why companies would prefer foreign workers over U.S. workers."
Foreign computer programmers will work 100 hours a week for a $40,000 salary and negligible benefits. Americans figure you can get that kind of salary doing much more enjoyable work.

BTW, that is part, but not all of the reason for the lack of technical degrees in this country. Our business culture does not reward technical ability; it rewards a financial background. A business degree is much easier to get than an engineering or other technical degree.

Let's see... more strenuous degree... worse career prospects. Huh, I can't figure out why there's a shortage of technical graduates. Can you?

And, with the exception of a couple of fields like the chemical and petroleum businesses, the finance-based senior management treats the technical staff like absolute garbage. They demand those 100-hour weeks with low pay and no job security, and when Americans give them the finger, they claim they have no choice but to clamor for H-1B's.

It's a racket. Sometimes I think those MBA's need a good killing.

Clandestino
04-07-2007, 05:54 PM
i don't think i've ever met a hard-working computer person... slackers from hell.

Extra Stout
04-07-2007, 05:56 PM
i don't think i've ever met a hard-working computer person... slackers from hell.
Overgeneralize much?

(No, I'm not a computer programmer.)

(BTW, the decent ones tell the businesses to go to hell and become self-employed.)

pimp my sig
04-07-2007, 06:06 PM

What for when your forced to learn Spanish in school?

Extra Stout
04-07-2007, 06:07 PM
What for when your forced to learn Spanish in school?
Todos deben apender un idioma segundo.

Ghost Busters
04-07-2007, 06:12 PM

Why when it's not the official language thanks to the Homo Latin lovers in this topic.

Extra Stout
04-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Why when it's not the official language thanks to the Homo Latin lovers in this topic.
Maybe if you could speak it you wouldn't be jealous of people making $8.16 an hour.

Buddy Holly
04-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Mouse looks illegal.

That should count enough to have him deported.

Dan Rather
04-07-2007, 07:58 PM
post your picture.

ObiwanGinobili
04-07-2007, 09:05 PM
I like tacos.

I like tacos, and wetbacks.

T Park
04-07-2007, 09:36 PM
And businessmen/corps love those cheap B1v visa imports, too:

I like the H2b visa workers yes.

They are here LEGALLY.

And they actually want to work.

Unlike americans when you say "Hey ill pay you 350 a week, room and board, and 1 day of a week" they reply "No im looking for something that works around here, Im not interested in travel"

BTW, the person responding to this is at the sams shelter with clothes that are from the 70s and dirty as hell.

The reason corps love the H2b workers is cause they are here to work. There isn't shit for workers here.

nsrammstein
04-07-2007, 11:30 PM
the mouse im using right now was made in china, it does not appear to have any visa with him so i think i will get him deported.

chode_regulator
04-08-2007, 09:38 PM
I like tacos.
tacos are really good