PDA

View Full Version : Bonzi Turns Down Minutes?

wildbill2u
04-06-2007, 09:04 PM
New Info. Bonzi was a no show today, leaving a message for Van Gundy that he was creating a problem.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Arpg1J_.LtfaF.fi7j9LO7O8vLYF?slug=ap-rockets-wells&prov=ap&type=lgns

I just edited this and put the new info in first to save space for Kori.

Sports shows here in Houston have been all over Bonzi Wells. Supposedly he has turned down Van Gundy's offer to give him some minutes. I haven't been able to find much out in the Chronicle except this article:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/4689698.html

It doesn't sound like he's being a dick, but maybe people are reading between the lines. There is no doubt he hasn't been worth his contract to the Rockets this year. Earlier in the year there were complaints about his effort to get in condition and then he got hurt and hasn't returned.

The Spurs probably did the right thing in analyzing this guy. Once a head case...

efrem1
04-06-2007, 09:11 PM
Shoulda stayed with the Kings. But their manangement were boneheads and did not resign him.

AFBlue
04-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Shoulda stayed with the Kings. But their manangement were boneheads and did not resign him.

Actually he was the bonehead. They offered him a 5yr deal at over $36M and he turned it down, thinking he could get more....which he didn't. I think he's playing for less than $2M this year for the Rockets.

And the originator of this post is right...he hasn't lived up to his contract, and considering how tiny his contract is...that's pretty pathetic.

mardigan
04-06-2007, 09:26 PM
Actually he was the bonehead. They offered him a 5yr deal at over $36M and he turned it down, thinking he could get more....which he didn't. I think he's playing for less than $2M this year for the Rockets.

And the originator of this post is right...he hasn't lived up to his contract, and considering how tiny his contract is...that's pretty pathetic.
He pulled a S-Jax.
But I bet he is just waiting for the playoffs, then he is going to do what he did last year to the Spurs.

T Park
04-06-2007, 09:31 PM
well Wells could give the Jazz problems.

I can't wait for the playoffs. That Jazz Rockets series is gonna be a blast to watch.

mardigan
04-06-2007, 09:33 PM
well Wells could give the Jazz problems.

I can't wait for the playoffs. That Jazz Rockets series is gonna be a blast to watch.
Im just happy that this year either out of that series can give the Mavs a good fight

T Park
04-06-2007, 09:41 PM
IMO, the Jazz could beat the Mavericks.

The matchups are very favorable for the Jazz if they get by the Rockets.

efrem1
04-06-2007, 09:50 PM

Thanks Phat I stand corrected.

wildbill2u
04-06-2007, 11:40 PM
well, the way talk show hosts are talking about the subject of Bonzi, it seems like they feel he has laid down an ultimatum:

"Play me or I won't be there for you in the playoffs."