PDA

View Full Version : Cool...

SpursDynasty
04-07-2007, 12:27 AM
We can't have Dallas going out there and winning 70 games. Period. They don't belong in the same company as MJ's Bulls. They just don't. Good job Nuggets.

If they finish 69-13, fine.

But not 70.

Their record is still impressive. But 70 wins was never going to happen with Dallas. It looked like it for a while. But, no.

Dallas appears to be losing a bit of steam, slowly. They just gave up the highest shooting percentage of any NBA team vs Phoenix last Sunday.

While the Spurs held Phoenix to their season low in FG% Thursday.

Should be an interesting WCF. It's shaping up to be a 7-game series again, rather than Dallas taking it in 5 or 6.

mardigan
04-07-2007, 12:28 AM
ALright.......

confined
04-07-2007, 12:30 AM
who cares?

SpursDynasty
04-07-2007, 12:34 AM
who cares?

Dallas who is overworking and injuring their players cares.

Shank
04-07-2007, 12:37 AM
Dallas who is overworking and injuring their players cares.

Terry played 42 tonight, Dirk 39. Next closest was Dampier with 29. Even these will go down dramatically once everything is wrapped up and we near the playoffs. Your statement, by the way, is asinine. Howard was injured on a fluke trip-up in the 1st quarter. It had nothing to do with minutes played.

SpursDynasty
04-07-2007, 12:41 AM
Terry played 42 tonight, Dirk 39. Next closest was Dampier with 29. Even these will go down dramatically once everything is wrapped up and we near the playoffs. Your statement, by the way, is asinine. Howard was injured on a fluke trip-up in the 1st quarter. It had nothing to do with minutes played.

Mavs' big 3 all average 36 minutes a game each. Dirk and Howard hurting their ankles.

Spurs' big 3 average 34, 32, 27 minutes a game.

pking
04-07-2007, 12:43 AM
Who gives a shit what the Spurs big three averages? Look at the MPG for the years they won it all. 36 MPG isn't exactly over-extending players.

I did think our guys played too many minutes tonight though :lol

Shank
04-07-2007, 12:45 AM
Mavs' big 3 all average 36 minutes a game each. Dirk and Howard hurting their ankles.

But in another thread you said Dallas only had 2 main players. Who is this third? I'll just assume you mean Terry. And then I'll go on to ask you if you really think Avery will still dish them 36 minutes between now and the first weekend of the playoffs.

I do like your logic that minutes played is in direct relation to ankles injured, though. Scrap your "Do plants grow faster to jazz than classical music?" hypothesis and roll with this instead. Blue ribbons are in your future.

Findog
04-07-2007, 12:45 AM
We can't have Dallas going out there and winning 70 games. Period. They don't belong in the same company as MJ's Bulls. They just don't. Good job Nuggets.

You are obsessed and jealous. Here's a thought: The Mavericks and their fans don't give a shit about seventy. We didn't have to bust our ass and play the stars 45 minutes a night to get this record. We're going to kick your ass in May just the same. Regular season wins are fool's good.

JamStone
04-07-2007, 12:55 AM

If they finish 69-13, fine.

But not 70.

Their record is still impressive. But 70 wins was never going to happen with Dallas. It looked like it for a while. But, no.

Dallas appears to be losing a bit of steam, slowly. They just gave up the highest shooting percentage of any NBA team vs Phoenix last Sunday.

While the Spurs held Phoenix to their season low in FG% Thursday.

Should be an interesting WCF. It's shaping up to be a 7-game series again, rather than Dallas taking it in 5 or 6.

Your cyber erection over Dallas not getting to 70 wins is disturbing.

SpursDynasty
04-07-2007, 12:57 AM
This is funny.

You all sound so bitter. Stop your crying. I don't know where talk about having erections is coming from, if you like to think about that stuff, then fine. Don't bring it on here.

I'm not celebrating huge or anything. It's no shock or surprise to me that Dallas wouldn't reach the 70. But so many people made a big deal of them possibly reaching 70 and it was funny because I knew it wouldn't happen.

And predicting the playoffs before they start is stupid.

Findog
04-07-2007, 12:58 AM
Your cyber erection over Dallas not getting to 70 wins is disturbing.

Sperm fans have to have something to hold onto for dear life. They were once the master and we were the apprentice. Now we pitch and they catch in this relationship. We own them. When you're getting castigated for failing to win seventy games, you're actually being complimented.

SpursDynasty
04-07-2007, 01:00 AM
You are obsessed and jealous. Here's a thought: The Mavericks and their fans don't give a shit about seventy. We didn't have to bust our ass and play the stars 45 minutes a night to get this record. We're going to kick your ass in May just the same. Regular season wins are fool's good.

That last sentence summarizes it all. I couldn't have said it better myself.

ponky
04-07-2007, 01:01 AM
This is funny.

You all sound so bitter. Stop your crying. I don't know where talk about having erections is coming from, if you like to think about that stuff, then fine. Don't bring it on here.

I'm not celebrating huge or anything. It's no shock or surprise to me that Dallas wouldn't reach the 70. But so many people made a big deal of them possibly reaching 70 and it was funny because I knew it wouldn't happen.

And predicting the playoffs before they start is stupid.

we don't expect you would know about that

pking
04-07-2007, 01:01 AM
The way the Spurs are playing right now, it doesn't matter who plays who. Spurs will take it all the way. That includes Dallas. Dallas appears to be slipping, even though very late in the season (still only 13 losses but they're not beating teams left and right anymore).

I'm pretty sure that's predicting the playoffs before they start. Something like it, anyway...right?

SpursDynasty
04-07-2007, 01:02 AM
But in another thread you said Dallas only had 2 main players. Who is this third? I'll just assume you mean Terry. And then I'll go on to ask you if you really think Avery will still dish them 36 minutes between now and the first weekend of the playoffs.

I do like your logic that minutes played is in direct relation to ankles injured, though. Scrap your "Do plants grow faster to jazz than classical music?" hypothesis and roll with this instead. Blue ribbons are in your future.

Yeah, right, so knowledge about Dallas Mavs = real world knowledge. :lol Blue ribbons? What are you in middle school?

Findog
04-07-2007, 01:03 AM
But so many people made a big deal of them possibly reaching 70 and it was funny because I knew it wouldn't happen.

You know why it didn't happen? Because 64 wins is all that is required to win the West. The Sperm just couldn't keep up. It's not like we had to break our fucking necks and go all out to get to 62-13.

SpursDynasty
04-07-2007, 01:03 AM
More smack talk, I'm finished posting here.

ponky
04-07-2007, 01:05 AM

well of course you are...

Kobulingam
04-07-2007, 01:07 AM
Dallas' confidence slipping a little. Not talking about the fans here.

Findog
04-07-2007, 01:08 AM
well of course you are...

I think it just dawned on him the irony of talking smack about Dallas not winning seventy. "Hey you guys are just merely great, you're not the best team of alltime." That's some pretty weak trash talk: "Yes, you guys are the best team this year, but, uh, uh, you couldn't beat a starting five of Chamberlain, Hakeem, Bird, Magic and Jordan. So there."

Sperm fans can dish it but they can't take it. They have to slink out of here like chastened bitches.

mardigan
04-07-2007, 01:14 AM
Bitch I can take it, Spurdynasty is in a class all his own

Findog
04-07-2007, 01:19 AM

All trash talk aside, San Antonio/Phoenix/Dallas is the class of the league. Any series between these teams is going 6 or 7. I just enjoy giving it right back to the shallow end of the pool:

"FUCK THU MAVS! SPURS R THU SHIZNIT!"

ponky
04-07-2007, 01:22 AM

*high five*, you're cool mardigan...i'd get pissed too if someone compared me to someone like spursdynasty! :lol :lol :lol

mardigan
04-07-2007, 01:24 AM
All trash talk aside, San Antonio/Phoenix/Dallas is the class of the league. Any series between these teams is going 6 or 7. I just enjoy giving it right back to the shallow end of the pool:

"FUCK THU MAVS! SPURS R THU SHIZNIT!"
You just wait till we beat the Suns........

ponky
04-07-2007, 01:26 AM

you better! i'm counting on being able to buy some ticketmaster face value tix to san antonio games!!!

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-07-2007, 01:29 AM
you better! i'm counting on being able to buy some ticketmaster face value tix to san antonio games!!!

:lol

I'll be damned if I let that happen again.

Findog
04-07-2007, 01:37 AM

I have no doubt that you will. I have a hard time deciding which team I'd rather face. Amare and Nash clearly give us fits on the pick and roll, and it could end up being a fatal weakness. And we seem to match up better against San Antonio. Dampier and Diop together defend Duncan as well as anybody, which is to say, not that well, but as the cliche, goes, you can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him. DD does that. And Bowen can guard J-Ho or Dirk, he can't do both. On the other hand...

We had to shoot 80% from the floor in the first half and needed a stupid foul from Manu to win Game 7. And I just don't buy the Suns as a legitimate title threat when they're a mediocre defensive team at best. D'Antoni rides his core seven guys really hard and the deeper into the playoffs they go, the less they have in the tank. Nash was horrible in Game Six of the conf. finals last year. A 15 point lead against Phoenix is never safe, but a 15 point deficit against them is no big thang to overcome either.

J.T.
04-07-2007, 01:41 AM

want to buy me some tix, i'm broke and in CC debt up to my ears.

SRJ
04-07-2007, 04:46 PM
First of all, I don't know what was so mind-bending about Dallas winning 70 and the title. If they had accomplished that, they would be one of the short-list greats of all time. It's OK to believe that they weren't, but what could you say if they had done it? those who earn it deserve it. Dallas will still be on a pretty short list if they win 65+ and the title.

Second, if I'm a Mavs fan I'd rather play Phoenix, and here's why:

If Phoenix, or San Antonio is playing well, you're up to your ass in a tough series.

However, if Phoenix isn't playing well, they're getting swept. If the Spurs aren't playing well, they'll find a way to get the series to at least six games.

ponky
04-07-2007, 05:07 PM
want to buy me some tix, i'm broke and in CC debt up to my ears.

hey, how do you think i pay for my tix?!?!?! haha, there were some tix for sale this morning on the spurs site for between $12-50, not bad at all for a playoff game

Extra Stout
04-07-2007, 05:09 PM

Translation: My idiot ass is getting pwned again, better tuck my tail and run.

"SpursDynasty" : Spurs :: "Dirk Nowitzki" : Mavs

mabber
04-07-2007, 05:13 PM

This has probably been addressed (I didn't bother reading all the posts), but Dirk & Josh have both sprained their ankles a few each year ever since they've been in the league.

mabber
04-07-2007, 05:22 PM
First of all, I don't know what was so mind-bending about Dallas winning 70 and the title. If they had accomplished that, they would be one of the short-list greats of all time. It's OK to believe that they weren't, but what could you say if they had done it? those who earn it deserve it. Dallas will still be on a pretty short list if they win 65+ and the title.

Second, if I'm a Mavs fan I'd rather play Phoenix, and here's why:

If Phoenix, or San Antonio is playing well, you're up to your ass in a tough series.

However, if Phoenix isn't playing well, they're getting swept. If the Spurs aren't playing well, they'll find a way to get the series to at least six games.

I think you make an excellent point in regards to the Spurs making it a tough series even if they're not playing well (as compared to the Suns). I'm still a bit torn in which team I'd rather the Mavs play (assuming they don't get upset before then). At this point, I'm leaning toward wanting to play the Spurs as you have to assume all the teams are going to play well and the Mavs just matchup better with San Antonio. It's going to be tough either way! The favorites when most of the time (I'd guess 80%+) in the NBA playoffs so the Mavs will have no excuses if they lose as they'll be the favorites (if healthy) in every series they enter.

LEONARD
04-09-2007, 09:06 AM

This happens in every thread you post in because Mavs and Spurs fans both start ripping on you for being a fucking moron... :lol