PDA

View Full Version : The rest of the way...

SpursDynasty
04-07-2007, 01:14 AM
Hopefully without getting criticism for "jinxing" the Spurs (The Spurs will win or lose regardless of what I say on here), I'd say the remainder of the Spurs schedule is very winnable. 7 games left. All beatable teams.

Will a 60 or 61 win regular season be considered a regular season success?

Too many of us act like too much damage has been done already.

Finley is scoring option #4. I can see him taking a game winning shot vs Dallas or Phoenix in the playoffs.

mabber
04-07-2007, 09:38 AM
Will you bet one of your nads on them winning all 7 games?

The III
04-07-2007, 09:42 AM
If he won't I will .

Hook Dem
04-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Will you bet one of your nads on them winning all 7 games?
Like you did on a Mavs 70 win season?????

FromWayDowntown
04-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Honestly -- who cares about regular season successes? This isn't just some other franchise that measures itself (in the current term) by whether it qualifies for the playoffs and with what seed. For the Spurs of this era, there is only one measure of success and that is hoisting a golden ball in June. If they went undefeated in the regular season, it would be relatively meaningless if they didn't win a championship.

Past titles create those sorts of expectations.

I think there are still reasons to watch the Mavericks play and think that the things that they do well (particularly, their ability to corral offensive boards) will serve them well in a series against the Spurs. So, until the Spurs show with some consistency that they can be aggressive on the defensive glass, I'm a bit skeptical about their chances to eliminate Dallas.

And I still have some doubts about whether they'll be able to dictate tempo against Phoenix on a consistent basis; enough, at least, to win a 7 game series.

So, I don't care if the Spurs win 54 regular season games or if they win 61 regular season games. The point is that they'd better beat Dallas and/or Phoenix when it matters, or this season will have been a disappointment.

exstatic
04-07-2007, 10:14 AM
Incidentally, if the Spurs do win out to get 61, they would establish a 5 year running average of 60 wins. That's pretty un-fucking-believable.

02-03 60
03-04 57
04-05 59
05-06 63
06-07 ??

Cry Havoc
04-07-2007, 10:46 AM
We have no reason to push for 60+ wins unless Phoenix loses a couple games. Wearing our players out to get to 60 is not a good strategy unless it gives us HCA.

exstatic
04-07-2007, 11:32 AM
We have no reason to push for 60+ wins unless Phoenix loses a couple games. Wearing our players out to get to 60 is not a good strategy unless it gives us HCA.
Don't worry. Pop feels the same way you do. My guess is that once the seeds are set, Pop will do what he usually does: shut down a key player or two each game by putting them on the inactive list.