PDA

View Full Version : Spurs vs Warriors Preview

ducks
04-07-2007, 12:50 PM
Golden State (37-39) at San Antonio (54-21)

Preview - Box Score - Recap

Game Info: 8:00 pm EDT Sat Apr 7, 2007
TV: FSBA, KENS Add to Calendar
Buy Tickets

By NICOLINO DI BENEDETTO, STATS Writer

Tim Duncan and Tony Parker have never lost a home game to the Golden State Warriors, and they have no intention of doing so now.

The duo look to lead the San Antonio Spurs to their 19th consecutive home victory over the Warriors and draw closer to second in the Western Conference as the two teams play Saturday at the AT&T Center.

Duncan has averaged 19.4 points and 12.6 rebounds in 16 home wins over the Warriors for the Spurs (54-21), who have not lost at home to Golden State since Feb. 14, 1997. Additionally, Duncan has averaged 21.7 points and 11.9 rebounds in 34 lifetime games versus the Warriors, with the Spurs going 30-4 in those games and 32-6 since that last home defeat.

Parker has been a part of the last 11 home victories over the Warriors (37-39), and the point guard has averaged 23.3 points in his last nine overall games against them. He is coming off arguably his best game of the season, a season-high 35-point effort that led San Antonio to a 92-85 victory over Phoenix on Thursday that drew the Spurs within 2 1/2 games of the Suns for second place in the West.

ADVERTISEMENT

"Unbelievable. He was great," said Duncan, who added 22 points and 10 rebounds, of Parker. "He had a great pace to his game all night. We really needed that push and he really gave it to us."

It was also San Antonio's 13th win in its last 14 games at home, where it is 28-9 and has four games remaining. Spurs coach Gregg Popovich has confidence his team can overtake the Suns in their final seven games.

"We're in charge of our destiny," he said. "To win the whole enchilada you have to win at home and you have to win on the road. I would love to have home court."

Duncan is averaging team highs of 20.0 points and 10.6 rebounds, while Parker is contributing 18.7 points per game. San Antonio has won the 18 straight home games by an average of 17.4 points. THEY SUCK ASS THOUGH ASK SPUR FANS

Golden State continued its late charge towards the postseason with a 116-104 victory at Memphis on Friday for its fourth straight victory and guaranteed itself a winning record on its three-game road swing. Warriors coach Don Nelson is hoping that win helps the team enter the game relaxed.

"This was a game we had to win," Nelson said about beating the Grizzlies. "That's the way I felt.

"It's our second road win. It gives us a free swing at San Antonio. You didn't want to lose here and go to San Antonio on a back-to-back."

The Warriors, who are trying to match a season high with a fifth straight victory, are one game behind the Los Angeles Clippers for the eighth and final playoff spot in the West but have two fewer games remaining.

Warriors point guard Baron Davis, who had 31 points and nine assists Friday, has averaged 25.7 points and 10.3 assists during Golden State's winning streak.

After losing the first game between the teams this season, the Spurs have won the last two by a combined 77 points -- including a 126-89 rout at Golden State on March 26 in which they shot just under 60 percent from the field.

bdictjames
04-07-2007, 01:14 PM
I think this should be changed to the Gamethread.

ShoogarBear
04-07-2007, 01:51 PM
WTF? Is ducks trying to become the new Jimcs50?

ShoogarBear
04-07-2007, 01:52 PM
If the Spurs lose tonight, I'm gonna come over and kick your bill in.

TDMVPDPOY
04-07-2007, 01:57 PM
thats what they said about the celtics, and they end up gettin there heads shove up their asses.....

a loss looms...

ducks
04-07-2007, 02:21 PM
they will win

CubanMustGo
04-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Tim Duncan and Tony Parker have never lost a home game to the Golden State Warriors, and they have no intention of doing so now.

Way to jinx, Nico.

boutons_
04-07-2007, 03:44 PM
"We're in charge of our destiny,"

No, you aren't, and you know it.

You lost your chance for 2nd seed by losing to Celts, Pacers in the last 10 games, and by getting swept by the frickng Bucks.

Next Superstar
04-07-2007, 04:14 PM
I hope nellie made some adjustments after the last two asswhoopings you guys have given us. Hopefully the spurs won't freakin shoot lights out like they have the past two against us. I can't imagine our leader baron letting us get embarassed 3 games in a row by this team. Our new small ball lineup has served us well and hopefully we can impose our will on another defensive minded team just like we did with the rockets.

efrem1
04-07-2007, 04:22 PM
A loss to the Warriors means that the Spurs will have made mental errors and deserve another asskicking by Pop tonight. There will be no excuse for losing to a team that you blew out on the road by nearly 40 on the road a few weeks before.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Let's see...the Celtics streak officially over...the Rockets streak officially over...

the Warriors streak...........................

ducks
04-07-2007, 10:08 PM
I said they would win now I get to keep my bill :hungry: