PDA

View Full Version : 2007 NBA Draft Questions:

MrChug
04-07-2007, 04:00 PM
A few questions real quick:

Where will Durant start vs. be the most effective? PF? SF? At a SLIGHT 6'10" he may see how bigger men push him around so should he play the 3? What about the quickness factor. Don't get me wrong, the guy's an athletic phenom but QUICK? No, I live in Austin and have watched his game a few too many times to see him get beat by true 3's.

Is Joakim Noah a real top 5 pick? Watched this kid alot too and Varajao Jr. isn't THAT good. He's a hustle player, but that's most of where his production comes from in the Billy Donovan system.

Does anyone realize the Suns have a VERY high lottery pick? Can you imagine the Suns with Amare at the 4 and Yi Jianlan (called the Chinese Amare) or Roy Hibbert (7'2" and solid) upfront?

Just chime in...I know you're there :hat

mardigan
04-07-2007, 04:09 PM
The Suns cant get a Hibbert he would slow them down to much, they need a big that can run like a Noah (who I have been calling Varejao Jr myself for awhile now, perfect comparison), or a Julian Wright who already said he is coming back to school. And Durant, I lived in Austin during most of the season myself and saw many games, he isnt that slow. He will be a nightmare matchup ala Dirk. Cant put a pf on him because he is to quick and shifty with the ball, cant put a small forward on him because he will shoot over them and use his back to the basket skills. He does need to put on some weight, but once that happens watch out

AZLouis
04-07-2007, 05:04 PM
The Suns don't necessarily have a lotto pick.

That pick is top 3 protected this draft and unprotected in the next one.

The Suns also have Cleveland's 1st rounder this season.

Kobulingam
04-07-2007, 05:30 PM
The Suns cant get a Hibbert he would slow them down to much, they need a big that can run like a Noah (who I have been calling Varejao Jr myself for awhile now, perfect comparison), or a Julian Wright who already said he is coming back to school. And Durant, I lived in Austin during most of the season myself and saw many games, he isnt that slow. He will be a nightmare matchup ala Dirk. Cant put a pf on him because he is to quick and shifty with the ball, cant put a small forward on him because he will shoot over them and use his back to the basket skills. He does need to put on some weight, but once that happens watch out

So Durant is the next Bosh?

Next Superstar
04-07-2007, 06:41 PM
I dont even think Noah deserves to be a lottery pick, the guy has no post moves at all and will be outmuscled by nba 4's. Varejao actually has an okay jump shot, noah has nothing of the sort. I would much rather have a guy like Al Thorton out of Florida State who has a very nice offensive game and is about 6'9.

So Icy
04-07-2007, 06:55 PM
al horford is better than noah

ducks
04-07-2007, 07:05 PM
hawks keep the pick if they land 1,2 or third pick

MrChug
04-07-2007, 07:16 PM
I dont even think Noah deserves to be a lottery pick, the guy has no post moves at all and will be outmuscled by nba 4's. Varejao actually has an okay jump shot, noah has nothing of the sort. I would much rather have a guy like Al Thorton out of Florida State who has a very nice offensive game and is about 6'9.

I agree.

MrChug
04-07-2007, 07:17 PM
al horford is better than noah

Double ditto.

So Icy
04-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Corey Brewer will easily be the best player out of Florida.
yup he has a similar style to josh howard

JamStone
04-07-2007, 09:28 PM
Durant is a small forward at the next level, at least right now. I compare him more to Rashard Lewis than Dirk Nowitzki (which some mock draft sites compare him too).

Noah could be a very solid player if he finds the right team. He would actually be a nice fit for the Suns, in my opinion. He runs the floor well for a big man, he blocks shots, and has a high basketball IQ. He would fit well as a back up 4/5, especially since defensively, he won't be in a system that demands so much. His motor will be a nice fit on Phoenix.

Phoenix could get Noah or someone like Al Horford, who would also be a nice pairing in the frontcourt with Amare.