PDA

View Full Version : The Big 12...Go Mizzou!!!

djohn14
04-07-2007, 04:16 PM
Since a lot of you are from the great state of Texas, I would guess you would like the big 12. Is this true? My favorite basketball and football team is Mizzou. In football all ya'll Aggie, Red Raider, and Longhorn fans better watch out. I don't care how good McCoy or anyone else is. The real deal is Chase Daniel. With that being said, I know the Longhorns have a better team than Mizzou but there will be an upset. Texas Tech and A&M stand no chance against this up and coming team. Some of my favorite Longhorns are Vince Young, Derrick Johnson, Michael Griffin, and Cedric Benson. With that being said, there all gone. Now I'm not trying to cause any bad blood. Don't get me wrong, I love Texas. It's a great state. I'm just saying the facts. What other Big 12 teams do you feel can contend?

djohn14
04-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Bad news!!! We don't play Texas. But we still play Tech and A&M. It's an easier schedule than I thought. Hopefully we can play each other in a Big 12 championship game. Watch out!!!

Extra Stout
04-07-2007, 04:26 PM
So I'm guessing you're like 13 or 14, either that or you're from the Ozarks.

djohn14
04-07-2007, 04:53 PM
So I'm guessing you're like 13 or 14, either that or you're from the Ozarks.

Ozarks=No
13 or 14=No

Why do you ask?
Can a person not have faith, hope, and dreams? Wow that was gay. Sorry.

K-State Spur
04-07-2007, 05:03 PM
chase daniel is a midget who is as good as he is going to get (still pretty decent though).

djohn14
04-07-2007, 05:13 PM
chase daniel is a midget who is as good as he is going to get (still pretty decent though).

He is rather short. Some things he has for sure is heart, brains, and arm, nice legs, and athletic ability.

Extra Stout
04-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Ozarks=No
13 or 14=No

Why do you ask?
Can a person not have faith, hope, and dreams? Wow that was gay. Sorry.
Actually, yeah Mizzou probably will win the North or come close.

A&M is still saddled with its fraud of a coach, so Mizzou may well whip them.

Your hayseed exuberance is unusual. I'm a grumpy SOB and I'm only 31.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-07-2007, 06:25 PM
Not 13 or 14? Okay, howabout 15? :rolleyes

Danie's a good QB, but your coach sucks.

Brutalis
04-07-2007, 06:35 PM
That is if Mike Anderson doesn't leave for Arkansas.

SrA Husker
04-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Actually, yeah Mizzou probably will win the North or come close.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Missouri doesn't have a dream of winning the north.

Extra Stout
04-07-2007, 06:47 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Missouri doesn't have a dream of winning the north.
Maybe come in 2nd then.

SrA Husker
04-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Maybe second. That's plausible. But anyone who predicts Nebraska going anything other than 5-0 in the North needs to get their head checked out.

djohn14
04-07-2007, 07:47 PM
Maybe second. That's plausible. But anyone who predicts Nebraska going anything other than 5-0 in the North needs to get their head checked out.

I predict it and I went to the doctor last Monday. :lol :lol :lol

Seriously though, Mizzou has some good Freshmen and Sophomore to look out for. Like receivers Jared Perry, Danario Alexander, and their #1 recruit who was red-shirted last year due to a bad knee, Jeremy Maclin. If RB Tony Temple can stay healthy and keep his fumbles to a minimum watch out. Really. I can hear it now: "And here is your 2007-2008 Big 12 Champions the Missouri Tigers!!!" I know it's a long shot.

SrA Husker
04-07-2007, 08:28 PM
And Nebraska has QB Sam Keller, already proven from his days at Arizona State, not to mention a huge chunk of last years team returning, and Bill Callahan finally has a team full of his own recruits. There's no way Nebraska doesn't sweep the North.

Even if Mizzou did come out of left field to win the North, there's no way they would get past whoever the South throws at them. I predict a 8-5 season for Mizzou with a Bowl game loss.

K-State Spur
04-07-2007, 08:29 PM

Ahh, husker fans, they win the division for the first time this century and they think their unbeatable.

By the way, I agree that the Huskers should be the heavy favorites. But they lost their QB, their best RB, and they still have Throat Slash as their head coach.

The planets don't have to be perfect alignment for UNL to drop a couple games in the north.

K-State Spur
04-07-2007, 08:35 PM
And Nebraska has QB Sam Keller, already proven from his days at Arizona State, not to mention a huge chunk of last years team returning, and Bill Callahan finally has a team full of his own recruits. There's no way Nebraska doesn't sweep the North.

Even if Mizzou did come out of left field to win the North, there's no way they would get past whoever the South throws at them. I predict a 8-5 season for Mizzou with a Bowl game loss.

Was Keller proving himself as he was losing his job? One thing you might want to look up (then again, you probably don't want to see it) is the statistics of any Pac 10 QB that got significant playing time during those years. You'll have a hard time finding any who didn't put up gawdy numbers during those seasons.

Then again, I was told by Husker fans that Harrison Beck is the second coming. Where is he now?

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-07-2007, 08:39 PM
That is if Mike Anderson doesn't leave for Arkansas.

Um, he was talking about football. When did Mike put down the round ball in exchange for the oblong one?

SrA Husker
04-07-2007, 09:10 PM
Ahh, husker fans, they win the division for the first time this century and they think their unbeatable.

By the way, I agree that the Huskers should be the heavy favorites. But they lost their QB, their best RB, and they still have Throat Slash as their head coach.

The planets don't have to be perfect alignment for UNL to drop a couple games in the north.

Look at the other North teams...

Kansas - Fat Man Gina is a decent coach, but has brought no recruits in to be competitive. A win over KSU or Mizzou will make their season as usual. Nebraska also wants to revenge what happened last time they went to Lawrence.

Kansas State - Prince is a joke of a coach who has had to replace almost his entire coaching staff and some of his players, too. Don't look for anything impressive from them. Home game for NU.

Iowa State - New coach, no recruits, smart to load up on JuCo's though. Building year. Home game for NU.

Colorado - Callahan has their number. Will definitely be improved from last year, but then again, how could they not? Colorado gets Nebraska in Boulder, but look for only having a student section for half a game again.

Missouri - the only real threat to Nebraska going 5-0 in the North. Decent team coming in, might make some noise, gets Nebraska in Columbia, where Nebraska hasn't won since 2001. It'll be a test for Nebraska, but then again, so was the game in College Station last year. Don't look for lightning to strike 3 times.

K-State Spur
04-08-2007, 01:33 AM
Prince, for being a joke of a coach, only took 11 games to notch his first win over a top 5 team.

Callahan, in 3 years, is still waiting for his first victory over a top 10 team.

I'll also point out that Callahan inherited a 10 win team and only won 5 games the next season. I realize that he was shifting from the option to the WCO (although what do you think Prince did this past year?), but he still had 10+ guys who were future NFL picks. Prince inherited a team coming off back-to-back losing seasons, and took them to 7 wins & a bowl game. Bill Snyder, for all his great years, only left maybe 3-5 future NFL players in the program.

And I do think it's funny that you describe Prince as a joke when it's Schne-llahan that continually sticks his foot in his mouth.

Don't believe what you read on huskerpedia.

leemajors
04-08-2007, 01:42 AM
props are in order for the "Coach throat slash"

samikeyp
04-08-2007, 11:09 AM
Since a lot of you are from the great state of Texas, I would guess you would like the big 12. Is this true? My favorite basketball and football team is Mizzou. In football all ya'll Aggie, Red Raider, and Longhorn fans better watch out. I don't care how good McCoy or anyone else is. The real deal is Chase Daniel. With that being said, I know the Longhorns have a better team than Mizzou but there will be an upset. Texas Tech and A&M stand no chance against this up and coming team. Some of my favorite Longhorns are Vince Young, Derrick Johnson, Michael Griffin, and Cedric Benson. With that being said, there all gone. Now I'm not trying to cause any bad blood. Don't get me wrong, I love Texas. It's a great state. I'm just saying the facts. What other Big 12 teams do you feel can contend

Actually you are saying your opinion, not facts because you do not know 100% for sure who will win games before they happen. You can guess and you might be right but they are still guesses, not fact. Its cool though that you have faith in your team...nothing wrong with that. :)

Chase Daniel will be good this year but he is not as good as McCoy or McGee and I don't think Mizzou has enough to get past the Huskers. (the whole "Coach Throat Slash" thing was funny though)

Ron Prince did a good job at K-State and they will be better too.

IMO, KU is over rated and I still think the South is better than the North but the North will be better than they have been as a group and could pull off some shockers.

Brutalis
04-08-2007, 09:16 PM
Um, he was talking about football. When did Mike put down the round ball in exchange for the oblong one?
I just saying. Mizzou has been a one sport school for a while now.

K-State Spur
04-08-2007, 09:42 PM
I just saying. Mizzou has been a one sport school for a while now.

Their baseball and football teams have been more productive than their basketball team over the past 6 years or so.

djohn14
04-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Their baseball and football teams have been more productive than their basketball team over the past 6 years or so.

Also, and nobody, not even me, cares about the wrestling team, who is ranked in the top five. The also had a wrestler when the championship.