PDA

View Full Version : Spurs have just as good a chance as anyone

BUMP
04-07-2007, 06:35 PM
thats what i think, coming from a Mav fan point of view. Spurs right now are beating everyone. despite the record difference Spurs=Mavs as of now. in fact, Spurs>Mavs maybe, but we'll wait. i'd hate to face them in the postseason cause they are the hottest team right now

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-08-2007, 07:17 AM
Have to agree, buddy.

BRING IT OOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN!!!

:)

TDMVPDPOY
04-08-2007, 08:06 AM
yeh that

DarrinS
04-08-2007, 08:44 AM
They have just as good chance as the Mavs. They have a BETTER chance than all the other teams in the West.

td4mvp21
04-08-2007, 08:53 AM
Right now the Spurs are playing > Mavs, but I think overall they are probably = Mavs, if not a little less.

BUMP
04-08-2007, 09:40 AM
we'll see on April 15th :clap :downspin: :hungry:

samikeyp
04-08-2007, 11:01 AM
Right now the Spurs are playing > Mavs, but I think overall they are probably = Mavs, if not a little less.

Well said.

leemajors
04-08-2007, 11:08 AM

that game is going to be quite meaningless, unless san antonio is 1/2 game behind phx.

samikeyp
04-08-2007, 11:11 AM
that game is going to be quite meaningless, unless san antonio is 1/2 game behind phx.

You could be right...if everything is locked up for both teams, it could be scrubs on scrubs. Which will then of course bring in the whole "well we weren't at full strength so it doesn't count" by the fans of whomever loses. ;)

RC's Boss
04-08-2007, 11:17 AM
The Mavs have the best record, we have the best since the all-star break. It will be a Clash o the Titans. OHHHH I need a diaper!

samikeyp
04-08-2007, 11:54 AM
:lol

bdictjames
04-08-2007, 02:39 PM
I seriously hope it will be a Spurs-Mavs WCF showdown. I hope I have that universal remote in the movie Click where I could just fast forward to the WCF.

SpursDynasty
04-08-2007, 09:23 PM
But guys, don't you remember? The Spurs are too old and unathletic to run with the Mavs. I'm only quoting something I've heard more times than I count from this message board.

BUMP
04-08-2007, 10:15 PM
I seriously hope it will be a Spurs-Mavs WCF showdown. I hope I have that universal remote in the movie Click where I could just fast forward to the WCF.

very very good chance of that, if SA locks up #2. Phx wont be able to beat them without HCA. Dallas disposes of 8th seed then Houston and Utah winner.

But guys, don't you remember? The Spurs are too old and unathletic to run with the Mavs. I'm only quoting something I've heard more times than I count from this message board.

'knee-jerk reaction to last year's playoffs' forum

Mr. Body
04-08-2007, 10:23 PM

They may very well be. There, you heard it again.

T Park
04-08-2007, 10:53 PM
Sure didn't look old and lethargic vs Phoenix.

But then that would be optimism, and thats greatly discouraged here.

bobbyjoe
04-08-2007, 11:10 PM
The Mavs have the best record, we have the best since the all-star break. It will be a Clash o the Titans. OHHHH I need a diaper!

It all comes down to matchups in the end.

Last yr's playoffs and this yr's 3 head to head matchups showed that SA has some matchup problems with the Mavs.

The Mavs have never had a means of containing Duncan, but Bruce Bowen isn't as effective against Dirk as he is Kobe, Tmac, ray allen, etc. He also turns 36 this playoff season. The Mavs athleticism also gave the Spurs trouble.

Hopefully the series is as good as last yr's whcih was one of the most memorable, entertaining playoff series in many, many years.

jmard5
04-09-2007, 12:55 AM

Nah. The april 15 game is a no bearing game.

SpursDynasty
04-09-2007, 01:09 AM
Here's how the playoffs will go:

Mavs-Clippers - Mavs in 4
Suns-Lakers - Suns in 4
Spurs-Nuggets - Spurs in 4
Jazz-Rockets - Jazz in 7

Mavs-Jazz - Mavs in 6
Spurs-Suns - Spurs in 5, 6 if Suns get lucky

Spurs-Mavs - Spurs in 6

Spurs-Pistons/Heat - Spurs in 5

They should just cancel the rest of the season and playoffs and just give the Spurs the rings.

LEONARD
04-09-2007, 09:17 AM

LMAO!! :lol

Ok...

Here's how the playoffs will go:

Mavs-Clippers - Mavs in 4
Suns-Lakers - Suns in 4
Spurs-Nuggets - Spurs in 4
Jazz-Rockets - Jazz in 7

Mavs-Jazz - Mavs in 6
Spurs-Suns - Spurs in 5, 6 if Suns get lucky

Spurs-Mavs - Spurs in 6

Spurs-Pistons/Heat - Spurs in 5

They should just cancel the rest of the season and playoffs and just give the Spurs the rings.

I don't think Spurs fans want the #1 jinx making predictions like this Jeff... :lol