PDA

View Full Version : Notice something missing from nba.com (BS site)?

Rummpd
11-19-2004, 10:22 PM
Guess what great WC team in the league is missing from the list of Team spotlights (it did make my day that the Lakers also not listed!!? This same BS site is listing the scores tonight from the 13th instead of tonight - whats up with that?

Team Spotlights from www.nba.com

Sonics: Wilkins Undrafted, But Not Unwanted
Pacers: New-look site!
Sixers: Korver: Exchange Student
Bulls: Slam Dunk for Diabetes
Warriors: New Warriors.com
Heat: Building Better Bodies
Pistons: One-on-One with Ben Wallace
Hawks: 18 Holes With Jon Barry
Cavaliers: Baseball with Luke Jackson
Suns: Preseason Photo Gallery
Blazers: Player Fan Mail
Jazz: Storming the Wasatch Front
Grizzlies: Depth Analysis 2004
Wizards: Camp Recap
Hornets: Camp Central
Nuggets: Triple Threat
Clippers: Training Camp
Timberwolves: Training Camp
Raptors: 2004 Training Camp Index
Nets: Head Coach Frank Q & A
Pacers: Training Camp Countdown
Celtics: One Great Summer
Knicks: Isiah Q&A, Part 1
Bobcats: New Uniform Unveiling

Hint to NBA = put a link to fullsportpress.com and get the REAL DEAL!

MadDoc :hat

Brodels
11-19-2004, 10:23 PM
nba.com sucks. It takes too long to load for me and I never can find what I need there without searching for a long time.

It's really lame if they aren't even displaying tonight's scores.

boutons
11-19-2004, 10:50 PM
Maybe the fault is with Spurs' press relations, not pushing the E-N or other articles to the nba.com attention.

NBA.com is way too complicated HTML, esp for a site visited by dial-up users with weaker machines outside of USA.

Notorious H.O.P.
11-19-2004, 10:51 PM
They almost never have Spurs.com on there but I think it might be more of a issue of us not putting a lot of new content on our site, mostly just game recaps. If we did more human interest pieces, insider looks and interviews, Spurs.com would be on there more often.

baseline bum
11-19-2004, 10:59 PM
NBA.com is way too complicated HTML, esp for a site visited by dial-up users with weaker machines outside of USA.

NBA.com has tons of code commented out that users are still forced to download from their front page. That's just insanely stupid for a site visited that often that changes every couple of hours. Every user is going to redownload those worthless comments every time they visit the site. They could save tons of money on bandwidth costs by leaving commented areas in the source only on the developers' systems and off the public versions of the pages. What retards.

Slomo
11-20-2004, 04:54 AM
nba.com sucks. It takes too long to load for me and I never can find what I need there without searching for a long time.

It's really lame if they aren't even displaying tonight's scores.
:lol

I often use it as a benchmark when I'm on the internet through an unknown connection (i.e. Hotel). If it loads in less than 30 secs its a pretty decent connection :lol.

Rummpd
11-20-2004, 06:52 AM
Thanks for the additive information, in my view it sucks the most because of the bias to marketing over substance that is unfortunetely the state of this sorry NBA today.

MadDoc