:lol Right, since there are no dirty players on the Spurs. :sleep

mardigan
04-07-2007, 09:26 PM
There arent, I didnt even see the play but fuck Matt Barnes

bonzi_isaspurskiller
04-07-2007, 09:27 PM
There arent

Did I just imagine seeing Bowen on the court?

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-07-2007, 09:28 PM

Name one guy on this team that committed a cheap flagrant in the closing seconds of a game down double figures, in a total bitch move.

mardigan
What does that have to do with anything?

exstatic
A Spurs player would NEVER shove a guy who had already left his feet. That's fucking dangerous and can lead to serious injury.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-07-2007, 09:29 PM

Never seen Bowen shove a guy in the air like that.

exstatic
04-07-2007, 09:29 PM
You must have. Game is over.

Leetonidas
04-07-2007, 09:30 PM
What about when Tim Duncan assaulted Jack Nies? :lol

But yeah, bad judgment on Matt's part.

ducks
04-07-2007, 09:30 PM
a spur player would never do that now

in the past maybe kevin willis or dennis rodman
but no one now

leemajors
04-07-2007, 09:37 PM
that was a nasty check. bitch move.

Solid D
04-07-2007, 09:39 PM
Barnes had started pushing and shoving several players with about 2 or 3 minutes left in the game. He did it to Tony. He did it to Timmy. He did it to White when White was vulnerable. It was cheap and I'm sure Matt knew it.

midgetonadonkey
04-07-2007, 09:41 PM
Spurs need a dirty player. They need someone the opposing player would fear. Barnes is perfect for that role.

Man Mountain
04-07-2007, 09:42 PM
He always plays a little dirty but I have never seen him undercut players before.

Glad that it looked like White is okay.

Solid D
04-07-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm not sure if you are saying Barnes undercut White...but just to make sure, Matt didn't undercut. White drove to the basket and as he was about to take off from his left foot, Barnes gave him a shoulder block into the side and then followed through with his arms and pushed him out of bounds.

Man Mountain
04-07-2007, 09:52 PM
I'm not sure if you are saying Barnes undercut White...but just to make sure, Matt didn't undercut. White drove to the basket and as he was about to take off from his left foot, Barnes gave him a shoulder block into the side and then followed through with his arms and pushed him out of bounds.

Yeah I know.

I'm just saying that he hasn't done anything nasty like undercut players, but he's always played a little on the dirty side.

Oink Oink
04-07-2007, 09:53 PM
what a :donkey ass

Extra Stout
04-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Stu will sit him down for a couple of games.

mikejones99
04-07-2007, 10:24 PM
Hockey check in the NBA, welcome to the NBA Rookie

Behrooz24
04-08-2007, 12:57 AM
said play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F256m3T-qKE

cornbread
04-08-2007, 01:02 AM
Wow. What a little punk.

exstatic
04-08-2007, 01:03 AM
It wasn't an undercut, but it was the same principal: changing a player's flight path once he's left the ground...very dangerous.

Trifecta
04-08-2007, 01:04 AM
I know the Spurs are a class act, but the selfish side of me wishes someone on the team would have gotten in Barnes' face before he was ejected!

The logical side says to the Spurs, way to keep your collective composure!

Keep gunning for the 2nd seed!

cornbread
04-08-2007, 01:08 AM
^^Yep. It's time like this that I wish we still had a Massenburg/Willis-type who is willing to intimidate.

Logically, it's probably better just to move on.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-08-2007, 01:13 AM
^^Yep. It's time like this that I wish we still had a Massenburg/Willis-type who is willing to intimidate.

Logically, it's probably better just to move on.

K-Will might have killed Jasikevicius if he were in the game.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-08-2007, 01:26 AM
Jackie Butler was right there. I know he's a youngun, but it would have been great to see him pay back Barnes with interest.

spurastic
04-08-2007, 01:38 AM
At the game, when White landed, even those of us upstairs in "Club 200" could hear a big "thud" sound. I thought he was going to be seriously hurt. But...... we think that he landed on or near the camera man's mic. I'm glad that White was mature enough to not go after Barnes. Barnes will pay in other ways.

THE SIXTH MAN
04-08-2007, 01:50 AM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/3e/fullj.getty-71797235ce008_warrior_spur_11_29_55_pm.jpg

The Truth #6
04-08-2007, 02:04 AM
That fall could have been horrible. I wonder if Barnes is suspended a game?

Next Superstar
04-08-2007, 02:33 AM
I know at least a couple guys have accused bowen of being dirty, im pretty sure ray allen and vince carter have had beef with bowen and him sliding under guys when they shoot a jump shot. I'm pretty sure ray hates bowen.

THE SIXTH MAN
04-08-2007, 02:45 AM
I know at least a couple guys have accused bowen of being dirty, im pretty sure ray allen and vince carter have had beef with bowen and him sliding under guys when they shoot a jump shot. I'm pretty sure ray hates bowen.
What does that have to do with this particular play?

Mr. Body
04-08-2007, 02:55 AM
White needs to get used to blows like that if he wants to make it in the league. Just bouce back up and make your free throws.

jaespur21
04-08-2007, 03:10 AM
said play: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F256m3T-qKE

You are officially the Shizzit for hooking that up thanks :drunk

O Yeah and Fu matt barnes...straight up f em

Sacramental
04-08-2007, 04:05 AM
matt is from the 916 sactown!

Sacramental
04-08-2007, 04:08 AM
Jackie Butler was right there. I know he's a youngun, but it would have been great to see him pay back Barnes with interest.

everytime i look at your avatar i think Matt Barnes is yanking Manu Ginobili's..... you know. :spin

MrChug
04-08-2007, 04:39 AM
Matt Barnes is a joke...that gets your skinny big headed ass knocked the fuck out in street ball. Whoever gets knocked down comes up swingin and then it's REAL 5 ON 5.

dg7md
04-08-2007, 05:45 AM
everytime i look at your avatar i think Matt Barnes is yanking Manu Ginobili's..... you know. :spin

I think the exact same thing! :lol

mikekim
04-08-2007, 06:04 AM
wow...i was actually looking at barnes as a good option for the spurs...as in, i was picturing him and imagining him in a spurs uniform (i believe he's a free agent this summer??)...

but not anymore...

but you guys probably have heard of white's fairly cocky and somewhat arrogant nature (which has been harnessed as a spur). he probably was talkin' some good (as in bad) trash-talk... :p:

Buddy Holly
04-08-2007, 06:40 AM
matt is from the 916 sactown!

Is that why he's gay?

maldita21
04-08-2007, 06:40 AM
but you guys probably have heard of white's fairly cocky and somewhat arrogant nature (which has been harnessed as a spur). he probably was talkin' some good (as in bad) trash-talk... :p:

Spurs notebook: Rookie White earns first regular time in the rotation (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA040807.10C.BKNspurs.notebook.3c33b78.html)

Web Posted: 04/08/2007 12:23 AM CDT

Johnny Ludden
Express-News

James White's first evening in the Spurs' rotation nearly ended with a thud Saturday.
The rookie guard took the ball to the rim late in the fourth quarter only to have Golden State forward Matt Barnes nearly body-check him into the basket support. White hit the floor hard and remained there for a moment while Barnes was assessed a flagrant 2 foul and an automatic ejection.
"I think it was just the way I was when he hit me that made me go so hard," White said. "I had just taken off, and when I'm in the air there's not much I can do.

"I didn't even see him coming. I'm sure they didn't want to give up no more layups or dunks."

Barnes was apologetic about the incident.

"I pushed him when he jumped and he didn't have any balance," Barnes said. "So I'm going to try to get his number and apologize to him because I definitely wasn't trying to hurt him." :rolleyes

Said White: " I don't have any hard feelings. It cost him some money, though." :clap

White had made only two appearances for the Spurs this season with all of the minutes coming at the end of lopsided victories. But with Brent Barry still sidelined by a back injury and the Spurs often playing a small lineup, coach Gregg Popovich decided to use White for 4 1/2-minute stretches in each half.

White finished with three points, three rebounds and an assist in 10 minutes. He missed four of his five shots.

"All I really wanted to do was concentrate on my defense," White said. "I was just trying to let offense come to me. I wish I had been able to make a couple more of those shots."

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-08-2007, 07:08 AM
You do something half that bad to me in a pickup game you are gonna get your face rearranged. :devil

Cheap shit from Barnes, especially in garbage time.

Obstructed_View
04-08-2007, 10:16 AM
Some of you guys need to switch over to hockey. Or fucking decaf.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-08-2007, 11:18 AM

And you are a retard. Why do fans from other teams have to show up and be whiny bitches about something completely unrelated to the play?

Call me the next time Bruce Bowen gives a guy a two armed shove into the basket support. Dumbass.

samikeyp
04-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Everyone in the NBA gets away with little jabs and shoves, despite the anti-Spurs crowds' opinion that it starts and ends with Bowen. Barnes was pissed and tired of his team losing so he lost focus...probably in the heat of the battle, but lost focus none the less. He was rightly ejected and will get fined and maybe suspended...again rightly so. The same people who are reacting to Spurs fans being upset by bringing up Bowen would be just as pissed if it was one of their teams players getting shoved like that.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-08-2007, 11:40 AM
"I pushed him when he jumped and he didn't have any balance," Barnes said. "So I'm going to try to get his number and apologize to him because I definitely wasn't trying to hurt him.

This is such bullshit by the way. Barnes had been cheap shotting guys on the Spurs for about 2-3 minutes before that play. He's a thug.

Fillmoe
04-08-2007, 03:17 PM
Sac towns finest! thats how we do in sac

samikeyp
04-08-2007, 03:23 PM

Throwing cheap shots because you are not man enough to deal with losing the game?

Yes, something to be verrrry proud of.

Fillmoe
04-08-2007, 03:28 PM
one name..... BRUCE BOWEN!

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/6567/brucebowenkickfi8.gif

Fillmoe
04-08-2007, 03:31 PM
i wish i still had the picture of him kicking a sonics player in the face back when he was playing for miami..... or shit just last year when he kicked ray allen in the back

samikeyp
04-08-2007, 03:31 PM
There's a difference though, you are proud of the fact that Barnes' shot was intentional.

Dave McNulla
04-08-2007, 03:32 PM
are we going to rehash this again? ray allen doesn't like defense played against him. he's got no problem, judging by his silence with teammate danny fortson, thug extrordinare.

as for the other accusations of bowen, you should go back and read all the stuff about how many jump shooting plays that bruce has defended compared to how many players have sprained their ankle in those plays.

bruce has zero suspensions, iirc.

samikeyp
04-08-2007, 03:33 PM
Ray Allen is just a pussy.

Fillmoe
04-08-2007, 03:33 PM
bruce bowen is just dirty

samikeyp
04-08-2007, 03:34 PM

You mad? :)

Fillmoe
04-08-2007, 03:36 PM
not yet

Samr
04-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Oh whatever. Frustration happens; it's part of the game. White wasn't hurt so no big deal. The NBA has the flagrant foul system to take care of discipline. Let's just be glad the Spurs won.

Kobulingam
04-08-2007, 03:49 PM
If we had Charles Oakley nobody would pulll shit like that against our players.

OAK had no problems with kicking anyone's ass.

rasho8
04-08-2007, 05:04 PM
I think Fillmoe might be a complete idiot... oh well.

jbspurs
04-08-2007, 05:36 PM
SACTOWN COW FINEST!

maldita21
04-09-2007, 12:26 AM
Barnes apologizing for clobbering Spur (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/04/08/SPGUBP50RQ1.DTL)
Janny Hu

Sunday, April 8, 2007

04-08) 04:00 PDT San Antonio -- Forward Matt Barnes has been getting his money's worth lately when it comes to fouls, wrapping up opposing players and making sure they don't get a chance at a three-point play.

His latest, however, is going to cost him some real money.

Barnes was issued a flagrant foul, penalty two, for checking Spurs' forward James White from behind as he drove to the basket with 31 seconds left. Barnes was automatically ejected and faces a minimum fine of $1,000.

After the game, Barnes acknowledged the hard foul, but said he was trying to swipe at the ball with one hand and made contact with the other, which caused an airborne White to tumble to the floor.

"I guess the refs thought I was trying to hurt him, but I'm not a dirty player," Barnes said. "I just pushed him and he happened to be jumping at the same time, so he didn't have no balance. But like I said, I definitely wasn't trying to hurt him, so I'm going to apologize to him and wish him well." :dramaquee

Dave McNulla
04-09-2007, 01:08 AM
^ he's ok, so you can save your insincere apologies for stu jackson.

spurs00
04-09-2007, 02:00 AM
notice.....Kori remaining silent on the issue. yes, kori....Matt Barnes is a cheap shot artist! ala the long history of cheesy/cheap guards/forwards at FUCLA.......McClean, Murray, Barnes...etc..

your UCLA bias is incredibly obvious.

p.s. BDavis is way overrated, in case you haven't noticed : )

Kobulingam
04-09-2007, 02:08 AM
notice.....Kori remaining silent on the issue. yes, kori....Matt Barnes is a cheap shot artist! ala the long history of cheesy/cheap guards/forwards at FUCLA.......McClean, Murray, Barnes...etc..

your UCLA bias is incredibly obvious.

p.s. BDavis is way overrated, in case you haven't noticed : )

Have an IP to spare I presume?

Dave McNulla
04-09-2007, 09:01 AM
way to support your position. solid.

CubanMustGo
04-09-2007, 09:07 AM
way to support your position. solid.

You would expect something else from our village idiot?

Next Superstar
04-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Barnes has been a good story for the warriors this year, hes been an important contributor off the warriors bench and has also hit 7 3's in a game twice this year, although i would like him to shoot less.

NorCal510
04-09-2007, 06:17 PM
matt barnes is a true boss. he'd kick james whie's ass.

fuk u bitch complainers

Clutch20
04-09-2007, 07:24 PM
matt barnes is a true boss. he'd kick james whie's ass.

fuk u bitch complainers
Matt Barnes didn't know JWhite was elevating.

Matt Barnes didn't show he knows that JWhite has skills outside of the paint and that those skills begin far away from the basket and take flight.

There's a lot that Matt Barnes doesn't know.

He doesn't know either about the fire that he's lit under JWhite that continues to heat up and build more energy the more that James thinks about
that shove from Barnes that had nothing to do with making a grab for the ball.

The only thing that Matt Barnes knows for sure is that he plays for the losing side.