04-07-2007, 10:25 PM
and lose by three to sonics :clap :clap :clap :clap

ducks
04-07-2007, 10:27 PM
jazz give up 39 points in the fourth to sonics

boutons_
04-07-2007, 10:28 PM
Jazz +20 to start the 4th.

Jazz may drop to 5th and lose HCA vs Rockets, but McGrady is hurt.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-07-2007, 10:29 PM
the mavs second round is pretty much a formality

with hobbled players for the rockts and uninspired players from the jazz, i can't see a series with either team taking more than 5 games

1Parker1
04-07-2007, 10:34 PM

with hobbled players for the rockts and uninspired players from the jazz, i can't see a series with either team taking more than 5 games

:tu

Meanwhile, the Spurs and Suns will duke it out in a tough 2nd round series.

sribb43
04-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Jazz must have watched some Mavs film on how to blow 4th quarter leads

ThomasGranger
04-07-2007, 10:35 PM

So, basically it's starting to look like the Mavs will be receiving a bye for the first two rounds of the playoffs.

sribb43
04-07-2007, 10:37 PM
So, basically it's starting to look like the Mavs will be receiving a bye for the first two rounds of the playoffs.

Rockets will not be a push over for the Mavs if Tmacs back wont act up

rocyaice
04-07-2007, 11:07 PM
Rockets if healthy can beat any team in the league. I honestly feel that way. That being said, have they ever been healthy? Aside from the Nuggets, they're the only team with two superstars on it but T-Mac can't stay healthy to save his life. Rockets could definatley take a game or two or even 3 from the Mavs. I don't expect them to beat them but I do expect every game to be competitive.

efrem1
04-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Well, with that loss, the Spurs officially secure the 3 seed.

aaronstampler
04-07-2007, 11:13 PM
:tu

Meanwhile, the Spurs and Suns will duke it out in a tough 2nd round series.

It's impossible to duke it out with the Suns. They're not physical enough to duke. We'll run a lot I guess, but I don't think it will be a rough series.

aaronstampler
04-07-2007, 11:14 PM
I'd be worried about a 100% healthy Rockets team. They're an awful matchup for us. We have nobody that can guard Yao or T-Mac.

exstatic
04-07-2007, 11:18 PM
I'd be worried about a 100% healthy Rockets team. They're an awful matchup for us. We have nobody that can guard Yao or T-Mac.
Except we wouldn't play them until the WCFs, since they are in the 1/4/5/8 bracket. At that point, Dallas is dead, and I don't care.

T Park
04-07-2007, 11:34 PM
If the Spurs played the Rockets in the Western Finals I would be more than confident in them winning.

Bowen is really getting into playoff shut down mode, that being apparent thursday night and his awesome jobs done on Nash, Marion, and others.

I still say, if the Jazz can get their collective heads out of their butts, they could push the Mavericks to 7 and maybe pull it out.

Kirilenko, Okur, and sometimes Milsap match up well defensively on Dirk, and others.

Its a perfect storm.

timvp
04-07-2007, 11:44 PM
We have nobody that can guard Yao or T-Mac.

Bowen has a history of guarding TMac well. TMac versus Bowen as a Spur is 140-358 lifetime from the field for 377 points. You can't shut down a superstar much more than that over a span of six years.

The one game this year in which TMac went off, it was mostly when Bowen was on the bench. He didn't miss a shot with Bowen sitting. As long as Bowen is healthy and playing, there isn't anyone in the league more adept at defending TMac.

aaronstampler
04-07-2007, 11:55 PM
I'm not like some deranged Yankee fan that thinks his team should win every year, so I wouldn't be too upset about losing to certain teams. Obviously I'd prefer to win, but if we lost to the Rockets, Jazz or Warriors I'd be okay with it.

It just so happens that the teams I really, really, dislike, the Mavs, Suns, Lakers and Heat are all the teams we're most likely to play.

T Park
04-07-2007, 11:57 PM
:lol

wait a minute.

If we played the warriors that would be western finals.

Well maybe, not totally but maybe, but youd be ok with it?

Hell no. Pay back for 91 damnt :smokin

aaronstampler
04-08-2007, 12:01 AM
Like I said I'm from there and my best friend is a Warriors fan. It wouldn't be the worst thing that ever happened to lose to them.

aaronstampler
04-08-2007, 12:04 AM
Speaking of which, good for the W's, Denver outscored the Clips by 11 in the 4th and won. Warriors are still alive. Plus there's a chance we might avoid Kobe after all, even as the 3 seed.

SpursDynasty
04-08-2007, 12:06 AM
Once again, HOUSTON cannot play Dallas and take it more than 5 games.

Is Houston a good team? Yes, but not against really good teams. Dallas would either sweep Houston in 4 games, or win 4-1.

Clippers in the first round would be a sweep.

If Dallas played GS in 1st round and Utah in 2nd round, things would be more interesting. But Houston and the Clippers might as well not even make the playoffs given what would happen to them vs Dallas.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-08-2007, 12:08 AM
the Nuggets have suddenly put the D back in Denver :smokin

I saw my first Nuggets game in Africa yesterday vs the Mavs :clap

T Park
04-08-2007, 12:09 AM
Wow let me check NBA.com for the latest standings.

Leetonidas
04-08-2007, 12:11 AM
Tim owns Yao all the time, but I think because his offense will be needed and he can't be in foul trouble versus Houston, he'll be on Howard.

ducks
04-08-2007, 12:12 AM
clippers have played three less games then gs
they have to lose them for gs to get in

T Park
04-08-2007, 12:12 AM
Dallas1sw 63 13

Phoenix2p 57 19

San Antonio3x 55 21

Utah4nw 48 28

Houston5x 47 29

Denver6 40 36

L.A. Lakers7 40 36

L.A. Clippers8 37 38

Golden State 37 40

thats the latest standings.

Looks like its all pretty much set after the Clipper lost tonight, had the Clippers won, it would've been interesting.

Looks like itll come down to who you want more in the first round.

Melo and AI

or Kobe and Odom.

I dunno.

Im torn, both teams give the Spurs huge huge matchup problems.

T Park
04-08-2007, 12:14 AM
honestly, the warriors could MAYBE still pass the clippers.

its doubtfull though.

Realisticly, how much of a series could they give dallas even if they made it.

Roxsfan
04-08-2007, 12:17 AM
Jazz +20 to start the 4th.

Jazz may drop to 5th and lose HCA vs Rockets, but McGrady is hurt.

they are just being cautious with him, he is fine :wakeup

SpursDynasty
04-08-2007, 12:20 AM
What is up with Utah?

And I remember people thinking the Spurs would fall to 6th place behind the Lakers and Rockets.

Utah, Lakers, Houston = really good teams early on, but now mediocre NBA teams.

And the Spurs' first round opponent as of now is Denver who are in the 6th seed.

Roxsfan
04-08-2007, 12:27 AM
I'm not like some deranged Yankee fan that thinks his team should win every year, so I wouldn't be too upset about losing to certain teams. Obviously I'd prefer to win, but if we lost to the Rockets, Jazz or Warriors I'd be okay with it.

It just so happens that the teams I really, really, dislike, the Mavs, Suns, Lakers and Heat are all the teams we're most likely to play.

Nice attitude, I don't even bother to get upset and say this or that about how the roxs can own when healthy, b/c they just need to get it all done this yr or in the next 2 or it won't ever happen. So, I hope it will, I think it can but you just never know.

Roxsfan
04-08-2007, 12:29 AM
Tim owns Yao all the time, but I think because his offense will be needed and he can't be in foul trouble versus Houston, he'll be on Howard.

homerism :dizzy

T Park
04-08-2007, 12:30 AM
uh no, reality.

Roxsfan
04-08-2007, 12:41 AM
uh no, reality.

whatever
With Yao: Tim had 19 pts and 14 pts(33 pts total in 70.3 mins, or 1 pt per 2.13 mins. played); Yao had 20 and 22pts(Yao 42 pts total in 62 mins. or 1 pt per 1.47 mins. played)
http://www.nba.com/games/20061114/SASHOU/boxscore.html
http://www.nba.com/games/20061222/HOUSAS/boxscore.html

Yao DNP, TD with 37 and 26
http://www.nba.com/games/20070124/HOUSAS/boxscore.html

http://www.nba.com/games/20070303/SASHOU/boxscore.html

Funny how Tim's stats go up when Yao DNPs

Tim owns Yao all the time

uh no, reality.

Homerism at its best :elephant

Tim owns Yao, that's funny :nope

T Park
04-08-2007, 12:43 AM
Pardon me couldn't hear ya, got that third championship ring the rockets couldn't win in my ear.

Roxsfan
04-08-2007, 12:45 AM
Pardon me couldn't hear ya, got that third championship ring the rockets couldn't win in my ear.

oh here we go, how many titles have the spurs defended?

Okay, way to divert away from your ownage: Tim does not own Yao, homer!

by the way you are reading, not listening homer!

http://www.simpsonstrivia.com.ar/simpsons-photos/wallpapers/homer-simpson-wallpaper-brain-1024.jpg

T Park
04-08-2007, 01:01 AM
christ more other team's trolls.

T Park
04-08-2007, 01:01 AM
oh here we go, how many titles have the spurs defended?

btw

3 > 2

just for the sake of your comprehension there sir.

Roxsfan
04-08-2007, 01:06 AM
btw

3 > 2

just for the sake of your comprehension there sir.

You are such a weasel. You chime in blind like a homer and agree that Tim Duncan ALWAYS owns Yao and when I prove you wrong (using this seasons #s) you revert into your painted corner crouching down repeating over and over...3>2, 3>2. Little do you know that I like the spurs and I was rooting for them in most of those title runs especially with D.Robinson. If anything, you are a troll on your own site.

Get back on Topic, How does Tim own Yao ALL the time? You= :dizzy

leemajors
04-08-2007, 02:11 AM
dallas may win the series vs houston/utah 4-1, but either team plays physical defense.

T Park
04-08-2007, 02:29 AM
Little do you know that I like the spurs and I was rooting for them in most of those title runs especially with D.Robinson

then wtf?

SRJ
04-08-2007, 02:38 AM
It's impossible to duke it out with the Suns. They're not physical enough to duke. We'll run a lot I guess, but I don't think it will be a rough series.

I don't think 1parker1 meant tough as in "physical", but tough as in "competitive". If I'm wrong, 1parker1, please correct me.

Buddy Holly
04-08-2007, 03:46 AM
What are the career stats of Tim versus Yao? Not just this years games.

mikekim
04-08-2007, 05:44 AM
whatever
With Yao: Tim had 19 pts and 14 pts(33 pts total in 70.3 mins, or 1 pt per 2.13 mins. played); Yao had 20 and 22pts(Yao 42 pts total in 62 mins. or 1 pt per 1.47 mins. played)
http://www.nba.com/games/20061114/SASHOU/boxscore.html
http://www.nba.com/games/20061222/HOUSAS/boxscore.html

Yao DNP, TD with 37 and 26
http://www.nba.com/games/20070124/HOUSAS/boxscore.html

http://www.nba.com/games/20070303/SASHOU/boxscore.html

Funny how Tim's stats go up when Yao DNPs

Homerism at its best :elephant

Tim owns Yao, that's funny :nope

Before I say anything, TPark, you're being an idiot. Avoiding admitting that TD doesn't OWN Yao every time because you're afraid of wounded pride or whatever is just stupid. And once he called you out on it, you cry about him being a troll.... Don't divert into some tangent just to feel better about yourself.

Okay, roxsfan, i see your point, but you just based their match-up mostly on the amount of points that they score on each other. Yeah...I'm no genius (at least I don't think so...I may be one...not sure yet) but we know there's more to basketball than points (or stats, for that matter...). I'll just copy down the full stat line for each.

Out of the 2 games when both were playing:

1st game stat lines:
TD- 19 pts (7-16 fg, 5-7 ft), 15 rb (2 offensive), 2 ast, 3 blk, 0 stl, 4 to, 4pf
Yao- 20 pts (7-21 fg, 6-9 ft), 6 rb (2 offensive), 0 ast, 1 blk, 4 stl, 1 to, 4pf
spurs win

2nd game stat lines:
TD- 14 pts (4-13 fg, 6-11 ft), 11 rb (3 offensive), 4 ast, 5 stl, 2 blk, 4to, 3pf
Yao- 22 pts (8-15 fg, 6-6 ft), 7 rb (2 offensive), 0 ast, 0 stl, 2 blk, 2to, 5pf
rockets win

Combined stats for both games:
TD- 33 pts(11-29 fg 38%, 11-18 ft 61%), 26 rb(5 offensive), 6ast, 5blk, 5stl, 8to, 7pf
Yao- 44 pts(15-36 fg 41%, 12-16 ft 75%), 13 rb(4 offensive), 0ast, 3blk, 4stl, 3to, 8pf

Looking at their match-ups this regular season, Tim does NOT "own" Yao, but looking at their overall impact, Tim does seem to win out. While his ft percentage and point total are significantly lower, his huge advantage on the boards and superior ability in getting his teammates involved (ast), while having a significantly bigger impact on defense, gives him the edge still, I think. Also from a fantasy basketball perspective, where overall value of a stat line is most important, I think I'll have to go with Timmy, at least in their games against each other.

With that said, again, you're right. Tim does NOT "own" Yao. And I apologize for the rudeness of other spurs fans who may have difficulty admitting this fact.

And as for a comparison of their entire career match-ups....While it may provide a bigger picture, I'm not sure about it's entire relevancy or its complete accuracy as to determining how a potential playoff match-up will play out--mainly because of the improvement of Yao each year and the fact that Tim was pretty established skill-wise and career wise when Yao first came into the league (he had a headstart...which is an obvious fact, but is important to note and keep in mind when comparing career numbers, as it skews its relevancy to the present picture).

mikekim
04-08-2007, 05:44 AM
Anywho...yeah how bout them Jazz (going back to the thread topic)?? they seem to be falling apart but let's keep in mind AK...the guys been picking it up and kinda starting to get in a groove until he injured his thumb vs. the spurs a few games back. He injured his other one the game after. And he didn't play the last game and barely played the game before (I've been following him cuz he's on my fantasy team this year...yeah...it's been a very disappointing year for AK owners). They don't look too good at this moment, but they've been somewhat injured as of late so, once they get situated again, I think they'll shape up in time to become a pretty tough team in the playoffs.

Roxsfan
04-08-2007, 10:50 AM
then wtf?

wtf? Well, just to recap: Tim does NOT own Yao when they have played. Yao clogs up the lane and makes the game harder for TD.

Other than that, I gots no problem :smokin

Roxsfan
04-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Before I say anything, TPark, you're being an idiot. Avoiding admitting that TD doesnt OWN Yao every time because you're afraid of wounded pride or whatever is just stupid. And once he called you out on it, you cry about him being a troll.... Don't divert into some tangent just to feel better about yourself.

Okay, roxsfan, i see your point, but you just based their match-up mostly on the amount of points that they score on each other. Yeah...I'm no genius (at least I don't think so...I may be one...not sure yet) but we know there's more to basketball than points (or stats, for that matter...). I'll just copy down the full stat line for each.

Out of the 2 games when both were playing:

1st game stat lines:
TD- 19 pts (7-16 fg, 5-7 ft), 15 rb (2 offensive), 2 ast, 3 blk, 0 stl, 4 to, 4pf
Yao- 20 pts (7-21 fg, 6-9 ft), 6 rb (2 offensive), 0 ast, 1 blk, 4 stl, 1 to, 4pf
spurs win

2nd game stat lines:
TD- 14 pts (4-13 fg, 6-11 ft), 11 rb (3 offensive), 4 ast, 5 stl, 2 blk, 4to, 3pf
Yao- 22 pts (8-15 fg, 6-6 ft), 7 rb (2 offensive), 0 ast, 0 stl, 2 blk, 2to, 5pf
rockets win

Combined stats for both games:
TD- 33 pts(11-29 fg 38%, 11-18 ft 61%), 26 rb(5 offensive), 6ast, 5blk, 5stl, 8to, 7pf
Yao- 44 pts(15-36 fg 41%, 12-16 ft 75%), 13 rb(4 offensive), 0ast, 3blk, 4stl, 3to, 8pf

Looking at their match-ups this regular season, Tim does NOT "own" Yao, but looking at their overall impact, Tim does seem to win out. While his ft percentage and point total are significantly lower, his huge advantage on the boards and superior ability in getting his teammates involved (ast), while having a significantly bigger impact on defense, gives him the edge still, I think. Also from a fantasy basketball perspective, where overall value of a stat line is most important, I think I'll have to go with Timmy, at least in their games against each other.

With that said, again, you're right. Tim does NOT "own" Yao. And I apologize for the rudeness of other spurs fans who may have difficulty admitting this fact.

And as for a comparison of their entire career match-ups....While it may provide a bigger picture, I'm not sure about it's entire relevancy or its complete accuracy as to determining how a potential playoff match-up will play out--mainly because of the improvement of Yao each year and the fact that Tim was pretty established skill-wise and career wise when Yao first came into the league (he had a headstart...which is an obvious fact, but is important to note and keep in mind when comparing career numbers, as it skews it's relevancy to the present picture).

Its fans such as you, for example, that I am most happy for when their respective teams win a championship. I understand that as fans we tend to hate teams that eliminate our own team in the postseason(like roxs fans hate mavs b/c of 2 yrs ago) I just have to say that I will leave it up to my team to do what they need to do...I don't want to talk trash b/c they have NOT done anything and I don't benefit from hating teams that do what they have not......advance and win series.

You are right, TD can show Yao a thing or two about rebounding and v/v Yao could show TD the art of FT shooting and some low post moves(I say some b/c TD does well in the post for a pwr forward). Peace and good luck in the postseason. btw--TD is solidified in history as a winner and Yao, well......trying to get there.

T Park
04-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Yao could show duncan a few things about low post moves?

Go to hell.

Bruno
04-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Spurs have now clinched the 3rd seed and have HCA against all eastern teams. :elephant

The only thing still up in the air is the 2nd seed with Phoenix.

Roxsfan
04-08-2007, 11:41 AM
Yao could show duncan a few things about low post moves?

Go to hell.

stfu already, we agree to disagree :rolleyes

td4mvp21
04-08-2007, 12:08 PM
Duncan >>>> Yao PERIOD. Ask anyone other than a Rockets fan, you will get the same fucking response everytime.

I'm not so worried about the Nuggets, they don't have any chemistry. They run and chunk up shots. That's all they did against the Mavs, Anthony and Iverson everytime. We'd beat the Nuggets in 5 or 6. The only thing I'm concerned about with the Lakers are Kobe and Phil Jackson; Kobe because he gets into these modes where you cannot stop him at all, Phil Jackson because he can always find the Spurs' weaknesses. Even then, I'd say we beat the Lakers in 6. They don't have enough talet outside of Bryant and Odem to beat us, and their defense isn't that great.

mikekim
04-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Its fans such as you, for example, that I am most happy for when their respective teams win a championship. I understand that as fans we tend to hate teams that eliminate our own team in the postseason(like roxs fans hate mavs b/c of 2 yrs ago) I just have to say that I will leave it up to my team to do what they need to do...I don't want to talk trash b/c they have NOT done anything and I don't benefit from hating teams that do what they have not......advance and win series.

You are right, TD can show Yao a thing or two about rebounding and v/v Yao could show TD the art of FT shooting and some low post moves(I say some b/c TD does well in the post for a pwr forward). Peace and good luck in the postseason. btw--TD is solidified in history as a winner and Yao, well......trying to get there.

Agreed. But I think Tim could show Yao much more about rebounding and passing to the right guys in the offense (you forgot to mention this part) than Yao could show Tim about post moves or free throws. Let's not forget that Tim has some of the best footwork and post moves in NBA history and he has shown he can be adept at making free throws (whether he will show that level of aptitude any season, or playoffs, and time soon is another question).

I think the advantage that Yao has in other aspects of the game is mainly due to his size (his height, to be specific)...which is nothing to be scoffed at since size is a big factor that separates certain players from other players all around the NBA. I think Tim might be able to teach Yao a little about some (stoic) efficiency though, ;)
If Yao was as efficient as Tim (in the OVERALL game, including things not recorded in stat lines like efficient body movement on screen and rolls--not efficiency as in just fg and ft percentages), I think he will probably be the most dominant player in the NBA (probably by the time Tim retires?? :blah )
But we'll have to wait and see if Yao has it in him to do that.

bobbyjoe
04-08-2007, 11:22 PM
Tim has gotten the better of Yao in most of their head to head matchups. Yao has made ground and this yr they battled pretty evenly, but Yao just doesnt play as well as the Spurs front line as he does against the rest of the league.

Tim brings his MVP form about 7 or 8 out of every 10 nights whereas Yao brings it about half the time.