PDA

View Full Version : Go Braves!!!

djohn14
04-07-2007, 10:48 PM
Go Kelly Johnson, Edgar, Chipper, Andruw, Jeff, Brian, Scott, Craig Wilson, Chris, Ryan, Matt, Pete, Bryan, and all the pitching we can get. We just be the Mets. I know it's early, but our pen is shaping up nicely. Keep it coming, and watch out Mets. The best 7, 8, and 9 inning bullpen is ours. 7-Mike Gonzalez, 8-Rafael Soriano, 9-Bob Wickman. Also we have a great farm system, manager, and gm.

Kent_in_Atlanta
04-12-2007, 09:19 AM
djohn, nice to know I'm not the only Spurs/Braves fan out there.

The Braves look very good right now. And none of their early success has been due to anything unsustainable. It's not like anyone can say "yeah, well... their bullpen won't hold up" or "Smoltz, Hudson, and James will falter".

The Mets on the other have won in large part because of El Duque, Maine, and Perez pitching lights out... and that's not likely to continue. In fact, their last two starts (from Maine and Perez) were not good at all.

And the Phillies aren't going to be nearly as good as the "experts" thought heading into the season.

Things are looking good.

djohn14
04-12-2007, 10:21 AM
djohn, nice to know I'm not the only Spurs/Braves fan out there.

The Braves look very good right now. And none of their early success has been due to anything unsustainable. It's not like anyone can say "yeah, well... their bullpen won't hold up" or "Smoltz, Hudson, and James will falter".

The Mets on the other have won in large part because of El Duque, Maine, and Perez pitching lights out... and that's not likely to continue. In fact, their last two starts (from Maine and Perez) were not good at all.

And the Phillies aren't going to be nearly as good as the "experts" thought heading into the season.
Things are looking good.

Jimmy Rollins siad they would win the division, now he's just hoping they can win another game.

We will sweep the Nats tonight, and move on to another bad team, Florida.

Melmart1
04-12-2007, 10:59 AM
There are a few other Spurs/Braves fans here, including Silver21_Black20 and atlfan25. I think Johnny Blaze is also a Braves fan.

degenerate_gambler
04-12-2007, 11:01 AM
Two words...

Jim Leyritz

Kent_in_Atlanta
04-12-2007, 12:45 PM
There are a few other Spurs/Braves fans here, including Silver21_Black20 and atlfan25. I think Johnny Blaze is also a Braves fan.

GOOD TO KNOW! Other people with flawless taste in not one, but two sports! Fantastic!

SpursFanInAustin
04-12-2007, 01:09 PM
I'm another one. Been a Braves fan since the late 80s Thanks to Ted Turner and the Braves always being on TBS. Watched the late Dale Murphy years when the team was awful and Glavine used to get hammered his first couple years in the majors. My favorite Braves team outside of the Championship team in 1995 was the 1991 team. That was just a magical year, and it got me hooked on sports as a whole.

:drunk

Kent_in_Atlanta
04-12-2007, 03:56 PM
I'm another one. Been a Braves fan since the late 80s Thanks to Ted Turner and the Braves always being on TBS. Watched the late Dale Murphy years when the team was awful and Glavine used to get hammered his first couple years in the majors. My favorite Braves team outside of the Championship team in 1995 was the 1991 team. That was just a magical year, and it got me hooked on sports as a whole.

:drunk

I grew up in Atlanta (though originally from Boston), which is how I became a Braves fan. I lived in San Antonio though for 4 years in the early 90's, which is when I became a Spurs fan. I caught Spurs fever, and it never left me. :)

Yeah... in some ways, I remember 91 more fondly than 1995. There was a magic around that season. Unfortunately, the Twins found the same magic, but that doesn't change how wonderful it was to experience that in Atlanta. I still remember Daryl Strawberry after the all-star break in 91 saying he wasn't worried about the Braves. You should NEVER say something like that publicly. NEVER. A lesson he learned after 1991.

This team reminds me a little of 91. Like the 91 season, we've got a great blend of young stars and veteran talent. And like 1991, the national media didn't expect much from this squad heading into the season.

I just saw a preseason prediction from a sports publication this morning in which only 1 of their 11 "experts" picked Atlanta to make the post-season, and none picked them to win the division. That's why it felt so good to start 5-1 against two division rivals that are supposedly better teams.

Hey, if you guys are ever up for some good Braves blogging... check out David O'Brien's "beat blogs" at the Atlanta Journal Constitution site. I blog their regularly under the name "KC" (mostly when I should be working... don't tell anyone) :lol

Anyway, here's a link:

http://www.ajc.com/braves/content/sports/braves/index.html?COXnetJSessionIDbuild109=Dg1eWJVbhPUq22 49VcK7IIqEhvI4Ya3lWQBct7yw4PsBf9892tOO!-927473708&UrAuth=aNcNUObNXUbTTUWUXUTUZTZU\UWUbUVUZU]U[UcTYWVVZV&urcm=y

SpursFanInAustin
04-13-2007, 06:32 PM
I grew up in Atlanta (though originally from Boston), which is how I became a Braves fan. I lived in San Antonio though for 4 years in the early 90's, which is when I became a Spurs fan. I caught Spurs fever, and it never left me. :)

Yeah... in some ways, I remember 91 more fondly than 1995. There was a magic around that season. Unfortunately, the Twins found the same magic, but that doesn't change how wonderful it was to experience that in Atlanta. I still remember Daryl Strawberry after the all-star break in 91 saying he wasn't worried about the Braves. You should NEVER say something like that publicly. NEVER. A lesson he learned after 1991.

This team reminds me a little of 91. Like the 91 season, we've got a great blend of young stars and veteran talent. And like 1991, the national media didn't expect much from this squad heading into the season.

I just saw a preseason prediction from a sports publication this morning in which only 1 of their 11 "experts" picked Atlanta to make the post-season, and none picked them to win the division. That's why it felt so good to start 5-1 against two division rivals that are supposedly better teams.

Hey, if you guys are ever up for some good Braves blogging... check out David O'Brien's "beat blogs" at the Atlanta Journal Constitution site. I blog their regularly under the name "KC" (mostly when I should be working... don't tell anyone) :lol

Anyway, here's a link:

http://www.ajc.com/braves/content/sports/braves/index.html?COXnetJSessionIDbuild109=Dg1eWJVbhPUq22 49VcK7IIqEhvI4Ya3lWQBct7yw4PsBf9892tOO!-927473708&UrAuth=aNcNUObNXUbTTUWUXUTUZTZU\UWUbUVUZU]U[UcTYWVVZV&urcm=y

Yeah man, I remember that tight pennant race with the Braves and Dodgers. So much fun...great memories. I'll never forget those two series in September, one in Atlanta and one in LA. I think braves and dodgers split the 6 games at 3-3. I remember Otis Nixon getting suspended for the rest of the year for possession of drugs/substance abuse. I thought that was gonna put the nail in the coffin of our season. Lonnie Smith stepped up and provided some big hits, along with Terry Pendleton and Sid Bream (i still remember his grand slam off of Ramon martinez in the series in atlanta in sept). Remember how clutch Steve Avery and John Smoltz were down the stretch? How bout that comeback in Cincinnati where the Braves came back from an 8-0 deficit, and Dave Justice hit that gw HR off Rob Dibble in the 9th. Man, I'm tellin you, that season as a whole is even better than the entire Francisco Cabrera dramatic hit vs the Pirates in 92.

:)

Silver21_Black20
04-13-2007, 07:20 PM

Yup ... :D

http://img.webring.com/r/b/braves47/logo

Horry For 3!
04-13-2007, 08:16 PM
Yup ... :D

http://img.webring.com/r/b/braves47/logo
not so much :)