PDA

View Full Version : GNob -after the fall

Fabbs
04-07-2007, 11:27 PM
Stats look awesome. GNob had a great game?

I missed it all. How did he look after last nights fall and holding his shoulder?
Kori and training room report?

Solid D
04-07-2007, 11:33 PM
He didn't go hard to the basket that often but he didn't look like he was bothered in his movement. He was very aggressive on D digging for steals. He made one dribble drive where he stopped abruptly and banked in a shot very few people can make.

Tim was even more impressive tonight. He was scoring at will against the 2-3 zone with 3 undersized guys all over him. He made one incredible falling-down and-1 bank shot from about 13 feet.

Trainwreck2100
04-07-2007, 11:34 PM
what's a Gnob?

Solid D
04-07-2007, 11:35 PM
Same thing as a nob. The G is silent.

Trainwreck2100
04-07-2007, 11:36 PM
Same thing as a nob. The G is silent.

Oh, I thought this was about a rapper.

T Park
04-07-2007, 11:37 PM
He didn't go hard to the basket that often

Im praying its because hes saving it for the playoffs.

If Ginobili is not agressive in going to the basket, this team is going no where.

Im sorry, I know his jumper has improved, I know hes a good shooter from beyond the arc, but for this team to win, its Ginobili's penetration, and getting that foul on the opposing team's big or guard, getting to the free throw line, slowing the game down, and setting the tempo that won it in 05, and will be needed again these playoffs.

If hes mentally saying, im gonna save it for the playoffs then bust out, great.

But if he plays like this in the playoffs, unagressive, settling for jumpers, this team is in trouble.

aaronstampler
04-07-2007, 11:47 PM
I think some nights he has juice in his legs and some nights he doesn't. The nights he doesn't he either shoots 3s or doesn't shoot at all. I thought his energy was pretty decent today.

It sounds bad but I think on days when he looks flat and uninterested Pop should call plays for him even earlier just to wake him up and force him to play hard. Especially on some road games against the East he just has this tendency to sleepwalk.

The thing about Manu is that he's so uninterested about being a star or winning awards or whatever that a coach can't appeal to his sense of "stat pride." Some games, especially if the team is winning, he's content to just coast. Of course if the team isn't winning, if they're down 10 in the fourth, he tries to get himself going, but often it's too late by then.

It's kind of the double edged sword when the team stresses getting Tim and Tony going early. Most nights you'll get Manu to join the party at some point, but some nights you won't.

As far as driving to the basket goes, a lot of times it depends on how good the screens he's getting are and how people are guarding him. That was the underrated thing about Horry and Rasho, they set good screens for him. Nazr was getting decent at it for a while too. I don't think Elson is very good at it right now.

aaronstampler
04-07-2007, 11:48 PM
P.S. Clearly, Manu needs to release his own rap album. G-Nob in da house.

Trainwreck2100
04-07-2007, 11:51 PM
P.S. Clearly, Manu needs to release his own rap album. G-Nob in da house.

"After the fall" is taken by journey though

doldrums
04-08-2007, 12:03 AM
he got 10 ft's for crying out loud -he went to the basket.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-08-2007, 07:15 AM
I think some nights he has juice in his legs and some nights he doesn't. The nights he doesn't he either shoots 3s or doesn't shoot at all. I thought his energy was pretty decent today.

It sounds bad but I think on days when he looks flat and uninterested Pop should call plays for him even earlier just to wake him up and force him to play hard. Especially on some road games against the East he just has this tendency to sleepwalk.

The thing about Manu is that he's so uninterested about being a star or winning awards or whatever that a coach can't appeal to his sense of "stat pride." Some games, especially if the team is winning, he's content to just coast. Of course if the team isn't winning, if they're down 10 in the fourth, he tries to get himself going, but often it's too late by then.

It's kind of the double edged sword when the team stresses getting Tim and Tony going early. Most nights you'll get Manu to join the party at some point, but some nights you won't.

As far as driving to the basket goes, a lot of times it depends on how good the screens he's getting are and how people are guarding him. That was the underrated thing about Horry and Rasho, they set good screens for him. Nazr was getting decent at it for a while too. I don't think Elson is very good at it right now.

I LOVE Manu. DO NOT get me wrong. :toast

But now I love aaronstampler as well, because that is a perfect description of why Manu seems to come and go! Bravo! :)

DarrinS
04-08-2007, 08:46 AM
Being able to launch the long ball, I'd say his left (shooting) shoulder is just fine.

Felonius Monk
04-08-2007, 09:08 AM
If free throws attempted can be used as a measure of "aggressiveness", Manu's aggressiveness level is down slightly this year. In 04-05, he averaged 9.7 attempts per 48. In 04-06, he averaged 9.5 per 48. This year, it's 8.7.

Wasn't part of the off season plan to try to develop an in between game? Under these circumstances, this hardly seems like a concern to me.