PDA

View Full Version : In your honest opinion...

bigfish22
04-08-2007, 02:29 AM
As a Spurs fan, if you saw someone like a Steve Nash, Dirk, or Kobe and had the chance, would you ask them for an autograph?

SRJ
04-08-2007, 02:32 AM
Nash more than Dirk or Kobe. Nash seems more approachable than most players.

This is all hypothetical since I'm not an autograph person. But I would be more likely to try and converse with Nash than the other two.

Mr. Body
04-08-2007, 02:59 AM
Not an autograph person here, either, and in Manhattan I've seen my share of celebrities. Out of the three, the guy I'd go to talk to is Nash. He's a cool guy.

lefty
04-08-2007, 03:01 AM
+1

AnkleBreaker21
04-08-2007, 03:08 AM
shit i would ask kobe, for sure

IGNORANT MAVS FAN
04-08-2007, 03:19 AM
I'm not an autograph person. The only NBA player or former NBA player that I'd ask is Michael Jordan.

jaespur21
04-08-2007, 03:38 AM
id probably try to shake nash and kobe hands....but dirk id probably just heckle ive met old and new spurs and just wanted a handshake and give them my thanks o yeah i met several cowboys when i was working @ the marriott and i did the same thing....no autographs but memories

Borosai
04-08-2007, 03:42 AM
shit i would ask kobe, for sure

Tighten those butt cheeks.

alamo50
04-08-2007, 06:05 AM
I met Steve and Dirk together at the NBA store in New York back in 2001 and I just asked if I could take a picture with them. Asking an autograph is not my thing.....I get those from eBay.

Kobe?
I would kick him in the nuts.

ponky
04-08-2007, 06:51 AM
Nash more than Dirk or Kobe. Nash seems more approachable than most players.

This is all hypothetical since I'm not an autograph person. But I would be more likely to try and converse with Nash than the other two.

dirk's probably the most approachable, didn't you see that episode of punk'd where he signed like a gazillion things for one kid without complaining? i think finley put him up to it. i've read two occasions in the last year where nash didn't want to deal with media or fans. he's always seemed like a cool guy but maybe the mvp has gone to his head a bit, or maybe he's just tired.

SRJ
04-08-2007, 08:35 AM
dirk's probably the most approachable, didn't you see that episode of punk'd where he signed like a gazillion things for one kid without complaining? i think finley put him up to it. i've read two occasions in the last year where nash didn't want to deal with media or fans. he's always seemed like a cool guy but maybe the mvp has gone to his head a bit, or maybe he's just tired.

I know nothing about these people; that's why I used the word seems. I'm sure you're right - I was going by a very distant impression.

DarrinS
04-08-2007, 08:43 AM
Asking for autographs is cheesy, unless you're a 10 year old kid. Those guys want to be left alone on their personal time.

Just my opinion.

coachtf
04-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Years ago my nephew begged for Kobe to give him an autograph in Las Vegas. Tyler was five at the time and it was during the whole Boulder Colorado thing. I'm not a Kobe fan and I was not in Vegas with the family at the time but I was told Kobe was very sweet and even took two pictures with hime inside the lobby of the hotel. My uncle said it appeared Kobe was working very hard to be nice to the fans because of everything going on but he said he spent alot of time signing autographs before his security moved him along.

ALVAREZ6
04-08-2007, 09:28 AM
No shit I would, who the fuck wouldn't?

Even if you're that defensive of the Spurs, the least you can do is get an autograph and sell it on ebay.

theroc5
04-08-2007, 09:51 AM
No shit I would, who the fuck wouldn't?

Even if you're that defensive of the Spurs, the least you can do is get an autograph and sell it on ebay.
agreed

And to go on the record I really like steve nash so I would ask for an autograph in second.

exstatic
04-08-2007, 10:19 AM
That is one reason that I wouldn't ask any of them for an autograph. Most players are wary of adults asking for 'graphs for just that reason, and don't like to sign.

ShoogarBear
04-08-2007, 10:27 AM
Asking for autographs is cheesy, unless you're a 10 year old kid. Those guys want to be left alone on their personal time.

Just my opinion.Yeah, personally I never got the whole autograph thing even when I was a kid, and adults look like idiots asking for them.

samikeyp
04-08-2007, 10:59 AM
I agree....I would go for the picture but not the autograph....save that for the kids.

jaffies
04-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Yes to all 3.
I think the only player I wouldn't ask, but heckle instead would be Derek Fisher.

I want Mouse's autograph

samikeyp
04-08-2007, 11:13 AM
I want Mouse's autograph

Give him a beer.

tsb2000
04-08-2007, 01:46 PM
Give him a beer.

Ask at the altar of the magic chair with your offering.

and so you shall receive. :lol

The only player I ever marked out for as an adult was Jordan. I met him when the Jazz went to the finals in 98. He's a pretty nice guy.

cornbread
04-08-2007, 01:58 PM
I haven't asked anybody for an autograph since I was 8 years old and saw Willie Anderson at the mall. That was 17 years ago.

I wouldn't talk to any of those guys either. It would definitely be cool to see them out and about though.

Guru of Nothing
04-08-2007, 03:21 PM
The last autograph I got was from Billy Martin at a rained-out Ranger game back in 197*.

Autographs are cool for kids, but if I were a star athlete, I'd never sign a piece of paper for an adult. If an adult wants an autograph, they should have to pay for it and the ball or jersey which bears the sig.

mardigan
04-08-2007, 03:26 PM
I havent got an autograph since Mickey Mantle signed a ball for me at a card show when I was like 10, meant a lot to me, took a pic with me and everything. I suppose it would depend on the situation. I probably wouldnt ask for any of those guys sig, but if I was somewhere where I didnt think it would be a problem and I saw one of my favorite players in any sport, I would probably ask. I love sport memorabelia